ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 59

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO the fact that he has a more protruding orbital bones (or whatever those bones are around the eyes are called… I’m no doctor) with deep set eyes make his eyebrows look bushier than they are, especially in low lighting.

<modsnip - quoted post & photo was removed>

What matters is the witness gave a description including "bushy" eyebrows. Thick, bushy, prominent, very noticeable, etc...However you want to describe them, it was helpful to police because BK's eyebrows stand out.

Maybe the witness would have called 911 if BK's entire face had been covered. With only his mouth and nose covered it is not as alarming as a ski mask covering his whole face. Such a shame this witness is getting alot of criticism on SM for not calling 911.

After the roommate opened her door for a third time, she "saw a figure clad in black clothing and a mask that covered the person's mouth and nose walking towards her."

She told police the figure was 5-foot-10 or taller and a male who was “not very muscular but athletically built.” The man the roommate saw, she said, also had “bushy eyebrows.” As the witness stood in a “frozen shock phase,” the man walked toward the back sliding glass door, and she locked herself in her room. She said she did not recognize him.

The Idaho murder victims' surviving female roommate likely didn't call for help after coming face-to-face with accused killer Bryan Kohberger because she may have been paralyzed by fear and confusion, experts told Fox News Digital.

The roommate — one of two who survived the attack — faced swift backslash after it was revealed in an affidavit Thursday that she awoke Nov. 13 and looked directly at the alleged murderer as he fled, then locked herself in her bedroom.

"When a person goes through trauma, they are going to experience fight, flight or freeze," said Dr. Katherine Kuhlman, a police and public safety psychologist based in Arizona. "Most people in their entire lives won't have to deal with this type of trauma and won't mentally prepare for it."

Last edited by a moderator:
i wouldn't have called my parents, my Dad was a cop and my mother a she-devil.
It's possible she didn't enjoy a strong bond with them or that they lived far away?
I also think a phone call to parents may be less likely if the parents were previously aware of any of the reports of it being a party house and/or police having been previously called to the house for parties/noise complaints. The parents may have said that if there were any further problems they wouldn’t be allowed to continue to live there.

Questions maybe someone can find answers to:
* On what date did BK move to Pullman? (or when can new students there usually move in to student housing of that type?)
* What could have triggered him to act that night?
* How in the name of all holy did he know that his target(s) were home prior to departing from Pullman?
* What could he have been doing all that time after departing and before the murders (ca 1h 15 min inc driving(s))?

Note: He would probably have not recognized KG-s new car, as she had just bought it and had not posted online about it yet (and there is no known information that he followed her in that car at any point after she bought the car). But he would have known ECs car I think given the 12+ previous stalkings. Maybe EC parked at XK's place even if he was staying over at the frat, but that gave me a pause. I don't think it could have been a real surprise to him that EC was there.

Short Timeline (per Affidavit and Maps):
Ca 1.30-1.50 MM & KG were on the food truck video.
2.00 victims were all home.
- a unknown gap -
2.44 BK was seen between his housing and highway 270 (Pullman-Moscow) and at 2.53 on hw 270.
(The drive from 1630 NE Valley Rd, Pullman to King Rd, Moscow takes ca 20-25 minutes via hw 270)
2.47 BK turns off his phone
- a gap of ca 40 - 20-25 = 15-20 minutes -
3:26 BK westbound on 700 Indian Hills Dr., 3:28 BK westbound on Styner Ave and Idaho State 95 - east of King Road
3.29 BK first arrives to the neighbourhood. Second arrival unknown atm.
- a gap of ca 30 minutes -
4.04 BK arrives for the third time. Has parking problems.
4.20 BK leaves the neighbourhood at high speed
(The drive back via hw 95 and Uniontown takes ca 40-60 minutes.)
4.48 BK turns on his phone again on hw 95 near Blaine, ID (Edit: 7-15 minutes drive from King Road)
5.25 BK back in Pullman (might be with a very tiny gap)
- a gap of ca 3h 30 min -
9.00 - 9.30 BK does a quick detour back to King Rd, Moscow, time approximate
- a gap of 3 hours (3h - 40-50m = 2h 10-20m) -
12.36 BK at 810 Port Dr, Clarkston, WA (40-50 minute drive from Pullman)
12.46 BK goes shopping at Albertson's in Clarkston
13.03 BK leaves the shop
- a gap of ca 4h 30 min -
17.32 BK near Johnson, ID per affiidavit (ca 1h 30 min drive, but some thought may be typo for Johnson, WA; 35m drive)
17.36 BK turns off phone
- a gap of almost 3h -
20.30 BK turns phone back on

Last edited:
and the gag order was explicit

'state of idaho' ( who that comprises )
( bet that 'Idaho lawman source' is not an actual ISP LEO. )

The way that rag works (with all due respect and fondness for every form of journalism), it could be a lawyer. Anyone with "law" in their job title. Or retired. Or just from Idaho and not bound by the gag order (which specifically prohibits Moscow PD and ISP, but not every PD in the state from opining about the case).

At least that's how I understood it.

I didn't think the New York Post was an approved source to use...

I am sure that it is, it's been in use here for a long time (it's connected closely with the DM, IMO and both are considered real newspapers.

What I want to know is whether HTC is an approved source and what the acronym even means.

Re his eyebrows

I noticed in all his photos that the brows seem prominent, but I would never call them "bushy".

JMO
Yeah, the affidavit is full of words that mean different things to different people. Bushy (on the Martin Scorsese eyebrow scale, this dude doesn't even register), thud, whimper... all can mean something different in many circumstances.

Just think about what all LE probably knows about BK and his activity over the last several months. They know his class schedule, when, where, and who he sent emails, texts, and calls to, when his phone went to Moscow and where it went, what he searched on his computer and phone, what items he purchased on credit cards, footage of him from gas stations, retail stores, and so on, statements from people who knew and dealt with him who are not talking to MSM about it, what injuries he has had to his body recently, when he pulled cash out of the ATM and how much, etc.

So much of what they have and are collecting is the very thing that BK himself told Pullman PD he wanted to specialize in if he worked for them. Digital technology. It's become like a fingerprint for us all, and he had his fingers all over the place. I'm not concerned with what was in that PCA. It was good enough to arrest him. The rest will come out.

Attachments

• B5A47031-8245-4A0A-B4B4-D56883302CF2.jpeg
    B5A47031-8245-4A0A-B4B4-D56883302CF2.jpeg
    29.3 KB · Views: 85
The way that rag works (with all due respect and fondness for every form of journalism), it could be a lawyer. Anyone with "law" in their job title. Or retired. Or just from Idaho and not bound by the gag order (which specifically prohibits Moscow PD and ISP, but not every PD in the state from opining about the case).

At least that's how I understood it.

I am sure that it is, it's been in use here for a long time (it's connected closely with the DM, IMO and both are considered real newspapers.

What I want to know is whether HTC is an approved source and what the acronym even means.
Looks like it was only approved in Sept 2022. I think it's owned by Rupert Murdoch who also owns The Sun (and possibly others in the States/Australia) but not the DM.

I posted on the other thread that was just closed. I did not have time to add this important link so brought my post over to add it:

My post was in response to a poster speculating that BK was wearing a ski mask.

My post:

"Not a ski mask because the witness said it covered his mouth and nose and that he has bushy eyebrows. A ski mask covers the eyebrows and has just holes for eyes.

This is why I think BK shaved his eyebrows after his arrest before showing up in court."
What did I miss? He shaved his eyebrows? It didn't look that way in the photos.

I find it quite telling there’s been zero mention of him ever having a romantic relationship, no mention of a prom date even. I mean sheesh, even dahmer had a prom date.
He isn’t a bad looking guy, physically hes quite attractive. 6 ft, slim, nice hair. I can only think … he didn’t really want one?
I wouldn't come forward if I'd dated him! But per this story, when he was at the brewery in Pennsylvania,"Kohberger asked women on staff or customers who they were at the brewery with, where they lived and what their work schedule was." I waited tables in college and that attempt at chitchat is completely inappropriate and invasive and creepy. I could see if this was his usual MO, this could be why he didn't attract many potential romantic partners.

In this case, it's not an essential bit of evidence, but it is confirmatory. If DM had said it was a 300 pound man, it would wreck the case. It is the *consistency* of her account with what an eyewitness can usually suss out that's important here.

If she had said the guy was a particular ethnicity that BK isn't, that would be exculpatory for BK and very much in play at trial. As it is, she can honestly admit that the man was disguised, but that what she saw was consistent with the appearance of the defendant.

Evidence is layers and layers. Hers is not a foundational layer, but it would be bad if her glimpse of the suspect said it was a woman or an older man, etc.
Right. She really couldn't see much of him to identify other than height, build and eye area.

<modsnip>

It seems people forget very quickly how right LE can be even if we don't know the reasoning. How many people didn't really believe hoodie guy or KG's ex bf and any number of other people were cleared? How many people on here are still questioning their innocence? Probably few because there's a suspect. Just as we all ought to have believed LE then that they were cleared, so too can we believe that DM is also a victim!!

May DM find much support now and going forwards! May she be safe from attack - verbal or physical.
RIP to Kaylee, Madison, Ethan, Xana.

Last edited by a moderator:
Police should check the west side of quarry pond on Quarry Lane about 3 miles south of Moscow on west side of Hwy 95 for suspects clothing and weapon.
If he left murder scene at 4:20, then turned cell phone back on at 4:48 near Blaine (6 miles south) that would mean there is about 20 minutes unaccounted for.
Google Earth shows an easy exit and private area to get rid of evidence. If it’s really an old quarry it is likely deep with steep sides.
Allowing a few minutes to feel safe to turn his phone back on makes this a prime spot to look for the missing evidence.
The tipline is still open afaik.
I'd send them a message to that effect, maybe?
No harm checking it out, for sure.

Police should check the west side of quarry pond on Quarry Lane about 3 miles south of Moscow on west side of Hwy 95 for suspects clothing and weapon.
If he left murder scene at 4:20, then turned cell phone back on at 4:48 near Blaine (6 miles south) that would mean there is about 20 minutes unaccounted for.
Google Earth shows an easy exit and private area to get rid of evidence. If it’s really an old quarry it is likely deep with steep sides.
Allowing a few minutes to feel safe to turn his phone back on makes this a prime spot to look for the missing evidence.

I'm guessing they're searching or asking people to search in all the areas where there's missing pings from his turned-off cell phone. It is definitely a place that he could have known about. I think he takes his phone with him that day because he's only familiar with a small area of WA/ID and has likely never driven more than a few miles outside of Pullman or Moscow.

IMO.

There's an email tip line as well - wouldn't hurt to send it in.

Questions maybe someone can find answers to:
* On what date did BK move to Pullman? (or when can new students there usually move in to student housing of that type?)
* What could have triggered him to act that night?
* How in the name of all holy did he know that his target(s) were home prior to departing from Pullman?
* What could he have been doing all that time after departing and before the murders (ca 1h 15 min inc driving(s))?

Note: He would probably have not recognized KG-s new car, as she had just bought it and had not posted online about it yet (and there is no known information that he followed her in that car at any point after she bought the car). But he would have known ECs car I think given the 12+ previous stalkings. Maybe EC parked at XK's place even if he was staying overat the frat, but that gave me a pause. I don't think it could have been a real surprise to him that EC was there.

Short Timeline (per Affidavit and Maps):
Ca 1.30-1.50 MM & KG were on the food truck video.
2.00 victims were all home.
- a unknown gap -
2.44 BK was seen between his housing and highway 270 (Pullman-Moscow) and at 2.53 on hw 270.
The drive from 1630 NE Valley Rd, Pullman to King Rd, Moscow takes ca 20-25 minutes via hw 270.
2.47 BK turns off his phone
- a gap of ca 40 - 20-25 = 15-20 minutes -
3.29 BK first arrives to the neighbourhood. Second arrival unknown atm.
- a gap of ca 30 minutes -
4.04 BK arrives for the third time. Has parking problems.
4.20 BK leaves the neighbourhood at high speed
The drive back via hw 95 and Uniontown takes ca 40-60 minutes.
4.48 BK turns on his phone again on hw 95 near Blaine, ID
5.25 BK back in Pullman (might be with a very tiny gap)
- a gap of ca 3h 30 min -
ca 9 - 9.30 BK does a quick detour back to King Rd, Moscow
- a gap of 3 hours (3h - 40-50m = 2h 10-20m) -
12.36 BK at 810 Port Dr, Clarkston, WA (40-50 minute drive from Pullman)
12.46 BK goes shopping at Albertson's in Clarkston
13.03 BK leaves the shop
- a gap of ca 4h 30 min -
17.32 BK near Johnson, ID per affiidavit (ca 1h 30 min drive, but some thought may be typo for Johnson, WA; 35m drive)
17.36 BK turns off phone
- a gap of almost 3h -
20.30 BK turns phone back on
Excellent post! Thank you for putting it together.

So according to the article, she identified him based on his eyebrows, height and build? Eyewitness identification is notoriously unreliable— is anyone else surprised they would use her description to help identify him? I guess it worked out since the DNA matched, but I can’t see them using this in court…..

I'm not surprised at all. If you were trying to find a pool of potential suspects to get DNA for, a match in physical description (along with the car) is a really smart way to narrow down the list, imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Owlsorflowers