ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, he meant to leave it. Possibly the knife used wasn't a k bar..
Possibly.

But.... Ka bars are very large knives. Sheathed knives of any size ( I carry much smaller sheath knives for hiking) can be uncomfortable to painful while driving because they can dig into your side from the sitting position.

As a result, I am thinking that BK did not wear the sheathed knife in his car (I usually don't).

Rather, BK approached the home carrying the sheathed knife in his hand. In the heat of the moment, he un-sheaths the knife while dropping the sheath itself. The rest is too awful to think about.

I can't locate any sheath killers...
BUT perhaps his 'signature' if that is what it is and it's a longshot and highly speculative, was not the actual sheath but one of the symbols or letters on it?
He may well have left other 'signatures' for LE to find but the sheath, 'facing right side up' (pCA) could at a stretch be a clue?
It may bear no relationship at all to the actual weapon used.
Link for pic.. anything there??

I have to wonder, has anyone looked in the freezer of the King street house for the knife? (or even his own place) Just wondering because this has happened before, where the knife was found in the freezer several month later when it was being cleaned out.

Re egress. Yes, I agree with all that and that he turned on phone on purpose because he felt it was safe to do so when he got to Blaine or wherever it is that is mentioned.. I meant that until he turned his phone back on, no cameras are mentioned, so we don't know how he got to Blaine or wherever it is and the PCA speculates he exited 'the area (ie King/Queen neigbourhood?)' off conegstooga onto Sand/Palouse then went south (but no cameras mentioned) based on where his phone pings (Blaine etc) when he turns on. The next camera that they mention is the Johnson Road heading back in to Pullman (at around 5.20 from memory) and that coincides with his pings at that time. So on that basis, I don't think they had camera footage of him on conestoga or Sand/Palouse when he was leaving as that was clearly extrapolated by the author of the PCA (it's in the section immediately after it talks about the car being spotted driving south on Walenta after leaving at speed at 4.20). As for camera footage from his south pings back to Pullman, LE did have footage for cameras in Pullman and Johnson road close to pullman for 13 November but not for Sand Palouse near cogestoga. This makes me think that they didn't collect/receive footage from that particular area for the am of 13 Nov or it was wiped by the time they figured the car must have exited that way from the immediate neighbourhood.

Your second paragraph makes sense if that was the the way he planned it IMO, We'd then have to assume that he was certain the white elantra that would be filmed on Queen. King, Walenta, /east Indian and Stymer (To name the ones in PCA) could not be traced back to him, Or he believed he had avoided all cameras into and out of the neighnourhood and that there were none on Queen road itself. THe PCA does IMO make it clear that he was not picked up on camera leaving after Walenta heading south. That could just mean LE didn't get footage before wiped or that there were no cameras at those locations.

Aside, I don't think it's given in the PCA that he is videoed on the 270 heading towards Moscow at 2.53, I can't find my bookmarked PCA and got distracted so once I get another copy I'll check it properly. I could be wrong and often am!

ETA: I realise that Blaine is wrong, my mistake, I can't remember where he pings from when phone back on at 4.48 and have no PCA atm. But I'm good with wherever he is placed at 4.48 and his route based on pings back to Pullman and can see that it could appear to be a circular route had he driven east past Moscow getting cameraed en route (then disappered into the rural towards East Indian). That might, to BK's mind, act as akind of alibi. I'm just not really with you on the premise, because of assumptions that have to be made as detailed above.
This reporter lays out the routes with surveillance video following the car and then cell phone pings ( from the Affidavit). Don’t know how accurate but find it interesting to see a visual.

Starting at 7:45

If BK did research the home before the killings I wonder if he was able to erase all record of that before he was arrested.

Maybe LE is able to find such incriminating evidence to be used against BK at trial. JMO.
I mentioned it because in many cases a public computer can't tie any one user to a particular search, IMO. He'd have no need to worry about that search, if he indeed conduct one, being connected to him.

I considered that, too. I've tried looking at the crime both from a very crafty perspective and a sloppy perspective. Crafty would be getting gig work to explain the frequent presence of his car in the area. Crafty would be intentionally leaving a KABAR sheath but actually using an entirely different knife. Crafty would be going to the first floor to open the front door and leave it open to misdirect how he entered the house. Etc, etc. Deliberate distraction tactics. Going down to the first floor to open/stage the front door would also have put him on the stairs near X's room, which is speculatively why he ran into her.

I haven't yet decided which he is - crafty or sloppy. My opinions only.

Link to front door open: Idaho murders: Slain university students' neighbor says front door left wide open after attacks

Yes, good point. I was looking at it as a possible source of where and perhaps BK may have received a K-Bar. For instance if the person who is in the photo (maybe military) may have given it to him. Long stretch probably.
I am thinking long stretch as well. Ka Bar Ka Bars have not been issued in decades and a significant number of military servicemen have never handled one- or anything similar.

So, BK must have there after NOON, in addition to coming back around 9 am.

From the article (photo at link):

MOSCOW, Idaho – University of Idaho murder suspect Bryan Kohberger allegedly returned to the crime scene at least once hours after the crime, according to a police affidavit – and news videos from the following morning reveal at least two sightings of a white car driving through the area as police and the media were at work.

I can't locate any sheath killers...
BUT perhaps his 'signature' if that is what it is and it's a longshot and highly speculative, was not the actual sheath but one of the symbols or letters on it?
He may well have left other 'signatures' for LE to find but the sheath, 'facing right side up' (pCA) could at a stretch be a clue?
It may bear no relationship at all to the actual weapon used.
Link for pic.. anything there??

This might sound silly, but I have been wondering how it is pronounced: KAY bar vs ka BAR or something else?

Do you believe BCK was as prepared for this night as he thought he was? I wonder if at any minute he had even an inkling to say to himself, nope not tonight. The fact that he had trouble parking his car and then his exit route, makes me wonder if when he got there and even in the act itself if he got scared or got confused? Like was said "sloppy." I'm actually surprised that if BCK saw DM that he left her alive. I'm guessing he did not see her or if he did it didn't register.

Do you accept the fact that BCK was so bright/smart?? I don't. IMO, he was above average. He was able to receive a BA, then a master's by default IMO. I doubt he would have completed the PhD.

<modsnip: Removed speculation on mental health conditions>
I do think he was prepared for that night (or thought he was), although I'm really curious why he chose that specific night. I can't even speculate on that.

Regarding his intelligence... yeah, I also think he was above average. Actually, I sort of think he was trying to prove his intelligence by planning this crime and getting away with it, if that makes sense...

I mentioned it because in many cases a public computer can't tie any one user to a particular search, IMO. He'd have no need to worry about that search, if he indeed conduct one, being connected to him.
Good point. As this case progress's we will see how good BK was in covering his tracks. JMO.

I got a weird feeling about this one. The "evidence" seems weird. Ok. They got the sheath, the only thing that ties him to the scene. Could he have gone to a party and dropped it. Or they found it at campus?

But the rest of it is weird.

the white car. Number one color sold in cars. Cell phone data, yep, he attended school. The front door from the house to campus is less than 100 yards. it is less then 1/2 mile from the law library. So a student studying at a school will have to be near the campus. The presidents house is only 330 yards away from the house.

I am not sure proving he was a student at the campus means anything.

I agree. Could be something as diminutive as a low wattage “nightlight” in one of the lower kitchen wall sockets. I’m thinking that she probably ate her food in her bedroom, even as Ethan fell asleep on the bed. One can easily navigate a phone and eat some food without turning on any other light (I’ve done this myself!).

If there were any light turned on in the kitchen it would have more than likely illuminated DM as BK walked past. I do not believe any “light” was on in the kitchen at the time BK exited. Z may have even had her phone’s flashlight mode engaged as she navigated her quick route to the kitchen and back.

I believe she ran across him as she was returning to her bedroom (after dropping off her food bag now containing her trash and wrappers) in the kitchen. She heard him, and ran for her room speaking aloud the words which DM thought K had uttered. He launched his assault at the threshold of her bedroom, before gaining entrance and killing both of them inside the room.

It’s agonizing to think of what she may have experienced before being killed. Her existence “interrupted” by a killer intent on death and destruction. One moment she was on tik tok. The next she was fighting for her life next to Ethan (who was nightmarishly roused from his sleep when he was attacked). Make every moment count. Because…they really do. JMOO
IMO. Yes I believe it was dark in the house too.

The PCA doesn’t say it doesn’t have blood on it. It just days they found BK DNA on the snap. It could have blood on it from victims as well. It’s important to note what is not said as much as what is said.

I do agree that he likely started there though. MOO
Yes, I noticed that too. The PCA very carefully says there was a sole source of male DNA. It says nothing about blood or female DNA. In actually, the sheath could have contained blood/DNA from one, two, all, or none of the female victims. My opinion only.

1673305371213.png

I got a weird feeling about this one. The "evidence" seems weird. Ok. They got the sheath, the only thing that ties him to the scene. Could he have gone to a party and dropped it. Or they found it at campus?

But the rest of it is weird.

the white car. Number one color sold in cars. Cell phone data, yep, he attended school. The front door from the house to campus is less than 100 yards. it is less then 1/2 mile from the law library. So a student studying at a school will have to be near the campus. The presidents house is only 330 yards away from the house.

I am not sure proving he was a student at the campus means anything.
Wrong school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member