ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The kid who lived one street over and two houses down from me killed his parents one morning. He was almost invisible in our neighborhood and I don't recall him even trying to play with us. But I felt guilty that I hadn't befriended him (I was 3 years older, which was a big barrier back then).

He rode my school bus. Quiet good-looking kid, did well enough in his freshman year, but shy or withdrawn. This was a small town, it made a big impression on me.

I felt I should have been his friend - but I'm pretty sure there was no way to help at the time.
Those could a would a should a thoughts can absolutely haunt you. I can’t imagine being his family. Also I can’t imagine being the victim’s family. It’s total destruction. Im sorry for all of them.

I agree, but I think there's a possibility he was more excited about it because of that reason, however sick that may be. That's the only thing I've been able to come up with so far
I'm sure he was at a heightened state but it seems if he knew that Zenna was awake that she and Ethan would have been the first to die. I've been going all along that the two girls on third floor were first. Maybe I'm wrong. :rolleyes:

I've seen posters here reference occams razor (something about the most obvious answer often being the right one?) and I think it (IMO) it applies here. So Murphy had no blood on him cos he wasn't in the roorm at the time the murders took place IMO.
I'm not sure that we know whether Murphy had blood on him or not, no matter what LE might say.

I'm wondering if he possibly left it as a red herring. He thought the police would chase down leads with a military background and give him more time to dispose of evidence.
I hadn't considered that but the way it turned out, he either left the sheath behind in error, or he left one with his DNA on it in error. Either way, I think he screwed up, which makes me happy. :)

I'm sure he was at a heightened state but it seems if he knew that Zenna was awake that she and Ethan would have been the first to die. I've been going all along that the two girls on third floor were first. Maybe I'm wrong. :rolleyes:
Ethan was the greatest threat but probably not his first target. MOO

Agree. With his strong interest in criminal justice and with the time he took to plan this crime, his so-called planning was lacking. And, as Wishbone said, he made a lot of out-of-character blunders.

Emerald15's thought that he lacked critical thinking skills rings true to me and sums up how he could have made so many serious mistakes.

By being out of character I meant that even if he had slept thru most of his classes he would have known about the various means of tracking and monitoring his movements. IMO it wasn't a lack of thinking or just carelessness but something else motivating him to act as he did. He knew better. Was he in some kind of frenzy? Could be, but whatever was driving him couldn't have worked out better to set himself up to be charged for murder .

That's why I said that I think that maybe he thinks he is God.
I don't know.
I can't even begin to imagine, well I can and do, of course but nothing is clicking.
Any other murderer and we'd have a lot more personal information. There is simply no anchor here in terms of speculating on a motive.
Really frustrating and I don't want to wait for 2 years..
If I could even see his non academia email address I'd be scouting around the internet like a happy bee, dating sites, social clubs, magazine subscriptions, interests, shopping lists, etc etc etc forever...
His secret life- what is it?

Oh DUH, obvious now that you pointed it out, thanks, I can be dense.
The second time was actually the next day - Nov 14th. And if you want to talk about ambiguous wording, decypher this for me.

"Investigators found that the 8458 Phone did connect to a cell phone tower that provides service to Moscow on November 14, 2022, but investigators do not believe the 8458 Phone was in Moscow on that date," Payne wrote.

Last edited:
Him leaving the sheath is likely far less involved than most are speculating.

I'm in Australia, and purchased my KA-BAR (with USMC sheath - you can buy these with other military branch stampings but from my experience the USMC is the more widely sold/available and "well known") in 2020 during the lockdown.

I rarely ever touch the thing but when I have used it when going fishing, I never attach the sheath to my belt, leg or any body part. I carry the sheathed KA-BAR in my pocket - if my pants have deep enough pockets, jacket pocket if it's cold or keep it sheathed in the tackle box. When I need to use the knife it I drop the sheath on the floor or put it back in my pocket without much thought.

It could simply be a case of BK purchasing the knife for whatever reason (from random interest to evil intention.. you pick), and he may have have little interaction with it until it was needed. Rather than hook it into his belt, I can't imagine it's that farfetched that he grabbed it, had it in his car on the night, carried it sheathed in his pants/jacket pocket and in the rush of adrenaline/frenzy has dropped it and forgotten about it until later.

IMO. Yes I believe it was dark in the house too.

The moon had already set, as far as I can tell (at that latitude on Nov 12-13, 2022).

It was nearly full, so it there was more light available at midnight. By 4 am, it would be very dark.

I can't get any LE version of where the Good Vibes neon was - but I'll go with WSers view that it was on the second floor (so that makes 3rd floor quite dark).

I would think that with his VSS he would need more light, not less. OTOH, if that Good Vibes sign was on, it was likely enough to navigate the upper stairs and the hallway (whether on 2nd or 3rd floor - just easier for someone going up if it was on the 2nd).

If the Door Dash delivery person came to the front door right at 4 pm, it's possible that BK may not have seen him since BK was parking and coming in the back entrance at 4:04 pm.
Quite possible. Do we know the location of the camera that caught the car at 4:04? IMO even if he saw the DD delivery he would have not changed his plans. IMO he was too far gone..too deep into his fiction-come-to-life to retreat even if he had a little voice that said stop (which I don't think he had) he couldn't.

jmo

The second time was actually the next day - Feb 14th. And if you want to talk about ambiguous wording, decypher this for me.

"Investigators found that the 8458 Phone did connect to a cell phone tower that provides service to Moscow on November 14, 2022, but investigators do not believe the 8458 Phone was in Moscow on that date," Payne wrote.

Means it only connected to 1 tower, I'm thinking. Won't hold up in court, is merely suggestive. Triangulation needs 3 towers.

But 1 tower is not zero towers (juries don't like math, so if it's just 1 tower, they're not bringing that forward to trial and are so indicating - but a judge can review the totality of the evidence and make a decision).

IMO, are you sure the shoes are gone? It looked like BK was wearing Vans shoes when he got off the plane in Idaho.
If I was the killer and wore Vans to the murder scene, I’d have another pair (identical model and size) back at home which I would have purchased previously. Everything else I wore to commit murder would be destroyed, buried or otherwise hidden permanently.

I think the third floor was first also. Zenna & Ethan arrived back at the house after the third-floor occupants. Places Doordash order. Doordash was made via patio door "someone's here." Ethan collects and walks back to the bedroom. Encounters BK (coming from the third floor). And then Zenna.

Quite possible. Do we know the location of the camera that caught the car at 4:04? IMO even if he saw the DD delivery he would have not changed his plans. IMO he was too far gone..too deep into his fiction-come-to-life to retreat even if he had a little voice that said stop (which I don't think he had) he couldn't.

jmo

We do know it, if we actually get the PCA and plot it against Google Maps (have not seen that here). I don't have the energy.

I trust the officer's signature that he knows the addresses and cameras in that neighborhood. I would welcome someone else mapping that part of the affidavit, for sure.

(One has to use inference for the cameras by looking at google maps and endless other video - the cameras are visible in various MSM accounts, but someone needs to do a map with the camera angles).

Again - I trust LE to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member