ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catching up...

Have we come to a general consensus about the order of the victims? Or lots of varying opinions on the order of the victims.

Also, I'm assuming the Doordash guy had missed seeing BK by very slim margin. I don't believe we've heard any statement from him (affidavit) if I'm correct.

I hadn't considered that but the way it turned out, he either left the sheath behind in error, or he left one with his DNA on it in error. Either way, I think he screwed up, which makes me happy. :)
Yeah, can you even imagine the moment he realized his mistake? Panic and curse words galore, I'm sure. Then the white Elantra with map of area in question. Remember how we all wondered why the area was so specific? I bet BK could already feel LE's breath down his neck.

That’s not confirmed. Her family said she had injuries to both. Could have meant a stab in each.
"The father of slain University of Idaho student Kaylee Goncalves told Fox News Digital that the victims had 'big open gouges'...she says, sir, I don't think 'stabs' is the right word, it was like tears...the knife slashed open her liver and lungs, he said." Remember the lungs sit directly on top of the liver. Anatomy of the Large Intestines, Liver and Lungs Stock Photo - Alamy Idaho murders: Father of slain victim says she had 'big open wounds,' calls police 'cowards'
*my bold*

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-09 at 8.05.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-09 at 8.05.37 PM.png
    534.3 KB · Views: 23
IMO, are you sure the shoes are gone? It looked like BK was wearing Vans shoes when he got off the plane in Idaho.
If I was the killer and wore Vans to the murder scene, I’d have another pair (identical model and size) back at home which I would have purchased previously. Everything else I wore to commit murder would be destroyed, buried or otherwise hidden permanently.

The moon had already set, as far as I can tell (at that latitude on Nov 12-13, 2022).

It was nearly full, so it there was more light available at midnight. By 4 am, it would be very dark.

I can't get any LE version of where the Good Vibes neon was - but I'll go with WSers view that it was on the second floor (so that makes 3rd floor quite dark).

I would think that with his VSS he would need more light, not less. OTOH, if that Good Vibes sign was on, it was likely enough to navigate the upper stairs and the hallway (whether on 2nd or 3rd floor - just easier for someone going up if it was on the 2nd).
He will say the full moon made him do it

We do know it, if we actually get the PCA and plot it against Google Maps (have not seen that here). I don't have the energy.

I trust the officer's signature that he knows the addresses and cameras in that neighborhood. I would welcome someone else mapping that part of the affidavit, for sure.

(One has to use inference for the cameras by looking at google maps and endless other video - the cameras are visible in various MSM accounts, but someone needs to do a map with the camera angles).

Again - I trust LE to do this.
I believe the address of the camera is 1112 that house is now blurred out on google maps as well

My guess is there will be lots of digital evidence to this crime. He has no friends except internet to talk to, brag of his intelligence. Made a to do list? Diary? Something will be found, MOO
What I wonder about is whether he kept some sort of journal. Lots of these bozos can't resist putting their dark and dirty thoughts out there, even if it's just in a diary or journal rather than a full-blown manifesto.

This was discussed at length in other threads. Half the forum agreed with the above. The other half could see it. My takeaway: every family is different and while it may seem unusual to some, it seems perfectly ordinary to others. For that reason, I don't think it's relevant to the crime. JMO.
Well-said. I don't think it's relevant to the crime either, but I've been interested in the wide variety of reactions to this. Some parents will drop everything to have time with their adult child and would volunteer to fly out and help their adult child drive across the country. Other parents cannot begin to imagine doing this and to them it makes more sense for their adult child to fly home and/or drive themselves.

Some of this could be determined by whether parents are working full-time or retired, or whether the family spends a lot of time driving on road trips. But, either way is fine and I don't believe this is related to the crime. IMO

Well-said. I don't think it's relevant to the crime either, but I've been interested in the wide variety of reactions to this. Some parents will drop everything to have time with their adult child and would volunteer to fly out and help their adult child drive across the country. Other parents cannot begin to imagine doing this and to them it makes more sense for their adult child to fly home and/or drive themselves.

Some of this could be determined by whether parents are working full-time or retired, or whether the family spends a lot of time driving on road trips. But, either way is fine and I don't believe this is related to the crime. IMO
I agree with this mainly because I can 100% imagine my parents would want to do this with me, and im 35!

Could be because of my over protective Greek mother.. but still, haha.

Most people in PhD programs receive a stipend, an 'annualized salary' paid out biweekly, or whatever the system of pay is for the University. And another poster noted they are now allowed to enter into other employment. They do not pay tuition but contribute to the University by acting as TA's, or doing research, and of course by helping with or doing their own research artifcles for publication. 'Publish or Perish."

Really? Most of them? Please tell that to the amazing University of California system. Most UC grad students get almost nothing their first year. They have to survive at least one year of classes with outstanding academic output (not just grades) to get a Ride the second year - or maybe the third.

WSU does not have full rides for most of its students. It has about a 70% acceptance rate, with the students working (TAing) as their main subsistence. Not annualized as a stipend unless they are selected to TA.

Which schools don't require tuition for grad school? I'm amazed by that. And I'm certain that WSU requires tuition of grad students (through loans or fellowships - but they are still paying - it is a form of income, it's not just free).

Are there private schools in the US that really have this pattern?

I sure wish what you were saying were true for me and my family.

Catching up...

Have we come to a general consensus about the order of the victims? Or lots of varying opinions on the order of the victims.

Also, I'm assuming the Doordash guy had missed seeing BK by very slim margin. I don't believe we've heard any statement from him (affidavit) if I'm correct.
I think the order of death is the same as the order of victims listed on the PCA (MM, KG, EC, XK)

It's interesting that he didn't try to float a theory that would lead away from him. That's what the poster, later accused of being BK, did on fb. IIRC, he blamed the murders on fraternity boys.
that is very interesting to me but I hadn't thought of it.

I/we all spent so many days/weeks assuming he was some variation of a cunning criminal mastermind (before then switching to criminal nincompoop.)

This case....nothing clear-cut about it

By being out of character I meant that even if he had slept thru most of his classes he would have known about the various means of tracking and monitoring his movements. IMO it wasn't a lack of thinking or just carelessness but something else motivating him to act as he did. He knew better. Was he in some kind of frenzy? Could be, but whatever was driving him couldn't have worked out better to set himself up to be charged for murder .
Thanks for your helpful comments. I agree that whatever was driving him couldn't have worked out better for setting him up to be charged with murder.

I'm hoping we'll get more of a sense of what was motivating him -- both in terms of what has been going on in his inner psyche for at least the last 10-15 years as well as what motivated him to commit this horrific crime on that particular night.

I think the order of death is the same as the order of victims listed on the PCA (MM, KG, EC, XK)
The only thing that gets me about the order is K's dad said "They didn't have to go up" in an interview. He was referring to whomever the killer was. So what made him assume that? Is that just something he threw out there or did he get an indication from LE that the target individual was not M or K? Still makes me think it could be any number of ways at this point

What I wonder about is whether he kept some sort of journal. Lots of these bozos can't resist putting their dark and dirty thoughts out there, even if it's just in a diary or journal rather than a full-blown manifesto.
Agree!!!

I/we all spent so many days/weeks assuming he was some variation of a cunning criminal mastermind (before then switching to criminal nincompoop.)

This case....

I can certainly envision a scene in which the alleged killer is adept at social media and posting online, researches and makes lists, but still manages to make real world mistakes.

Especially given the nature of what he's doing.

This case....nothing clear-cut about it
only laughing at te criminal nincompoop comment...it got me

I can certainly envision a scene in which the alleged killer is adept at social media and posting online, researches and makes lists, but still manages to make real world mistakes.

Especially given the nature of what he's doing.

indeed

but lets look back on our own past posts which are reflective of the two themes I described
tbc - I mean none of us are immune to getting sucked into the dominant narrative for the week. Easy to say x, y, z in hindsight as new info is revealed

We do know it, if we actually get the PCA and plot it against Google Maps (have not seen that here). I don't have the energy.

I trust the officer's signature that he knows the addresses and cameras in that neighborhood. I would welcome someone else mapping that part of the affidavit, for sure.

(One has to use inference for the cameras by looking at google maps and endless other video - the cameras are visible in various MSM accounts, but someone needs to do a map with the camera angles).

Again - I trust LE to do this.
I hear you with regard to the lack of energy. Long day sometimes. The location of the 4:04 camera would tell us if the DD delivery (accepting the 4am purported delivery time) could have been seen by BK or not.

I personally don't think it would have mattered to him but it might have. If he knew the odds were someone was awake it could have upped the anti so-to-speak..increased the thrill perhaps.

jmo

Thanks for your helpful comments. I agree that whatever was driving him couldn't have worked out better for setting him up to be charged with murder.

I'm hoping we'll get more of a sense of what was motivating him -- both in terms of what has been going on in his inner psyche for at least the last 10-15 years as well as what motivated him to commit this horrific crime on that particular night.

So, you're hoping he writes something, right? I am hoping so too, but then I feel bad about hoping that he has that experience.

I read Jesperson's "autobiography" (much like the BTK "memoir"). They cannot profit monetarily (but someone will) but they get to kind of immortalize themselves (in their own minds and in the pixels of the internet).

I feel like I have some ideas about his motivations, and it's possible there is nothing beyond what we already know. But I sure would like to know if any specific things triggered him in the weeks and months before the crimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScoopyC