ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was the killer and wore Vans to the murder scene, I’d have another pair (identical model and size) back at home which I would have purchased previously. Everything else I wore to commit murder would be destroyed, buried or otherwise hidden permanently.
Couldn't the State tell the jury that BK cleaned the Van's of any trace of blood? Or that BK liked Van's and could have purchased more than one pair?

Better to pull an OJ, get rid of them and say that Van's are "ugly azz shoes" and he would never wear any. JMO.

I agree, and what a great dad. I wish I had a father that would fly clear across the country to ride with me clear back across the country to spend the holidays together.
My heart aches for those parents, and I wish I could help him clean up. :(
Wouldn't it be lovely if some locals got together and offered help?
I am not local but just hearing this, if i was local I would go an offer to help

Couldn't the State tell the jury that BK cleaned the Van's of any trace of blood? Or that BK liked Van's and could have purchased more than one pair?

Better to pull an OJ, get rid of them and say that Van's are "ugly azz shoes" and he would never wear any. JMO.
How about getting another pair of vans but half a size smaller or larger but still fitting ok (and ofcourse disposing of the vand actually worn)?. I have no opinion on the vans atm but reading these posts speculating on how one might plan for an inadvertent latent print from a van, made me think that.

Idaho murders: Mystery white cars on video near crime scene day after student stabbings​

Web sleuths previously pointed out that an ABC 7 news camera recorded a white car over a correspondent's shoulder as he did a live shot in front of the King Road house that morning.

I’m confused. Did BK own the only white car in the Moscow/Pullman area?

The second time was actually the next day - Feb 14th. And if you want to talk about ambiguous wording, decypher this for me.

"Investigators found that the 8458 Phone did connect to a cell phone tower that provides service to Moscow on November 14, 2022, but investigators do not believe the 8458 Phone was in Moscow on that date," Payne wrote.
Thank you Layer, must have been a different car unless he left his phone home.

edited for typo

Last edited:
indeed

but lets look back on our own past posts which are reflective of the two themes I described
tbc - I mean none of us are immune to getting sucked into the dominant narrative for the week. Easy to say x, y, z in hindsight as new info is revealed
That is one thing that will inform this case if we don't get a break soon, and we won't.
We will end up revisiting every single iota from every possible angle and change our stances on each thing..
Like yesterday, he accidentally left sheath after him 100% in my mind. Today he definitely left it as a signature, deliberately, it's the key to his mind=100%
Tomorrow hopefully I'll be sick of it having had a lifetime education on the US marines over the course of several frenzied hours searching for I don't know what for...
Dreary

This is what people say “you have to use a thousand lies to make up your first lie”. For him, he has to explain why he changed his plate number to WS then driving 2000 miles back to PA if he intends to use the car next semester. You either do not change the plate number if you intend to leave it home, or you changed the number and keep it in WS. Another bad decision.
Sadly (IMO), he has nothing but time using the discovery info to make up lies to explain away evidence the prosecution will have. Time to make up a story, research, rehearse, revise, etc. (That is, if he’s guilty, which I believe he is.)

How about getting another pair of vans but half a size smaller or larger but still fitting ok (and ofcourse disposing of the vand actually worn)?. I have no opinion on the vans atm but reading these posts speculating on how one might plan for an inadvertent latent print from a van, made me think that.
That sounds better.

I'm sure he was at a heightened state but it seems if he knew that Zenna was awake that she and Ethan would have been the first to die. I've been going all along that the two girls on third floor were first. Maybe I'm wrong. :rolleyes:

I think the third floor was first also. Zenna & Ethan arrived back at the house after the third-floor occupants. Places Doordash order. Doordash was made via patio door "someone's here." Ethan collects and walks back to the bedroom. Encounters BK (coming from the third floor). And then Zenna.
Her name is Xana.

What I wonder about is whether he kept some sort of journal. Lots of these bozos can't resist putting their dark and dirty thoughts out there, even if it's just in a diary or journal rather than a full-blown manifesto.

His is likely almost entirely in digital form, much of it on SM. Will the investigation find that such journaling is worth tracking down? I don't know.
MOO.

Which schools don't require tuition for grad school? I'm amazed by that. And I'm certain that WSU requires tuition of grad students (through loans or fellowships - but they are still paying - it is a form of income, it's not just free).
WSU offers tuition remission for PhD students, it sounds like (more here, which I posted earlier in the thread). Based on BK's TA job, it's likely (per the information on the website) that he would have qualified for tuition remission (i.e., tuition would have been paid for by the university / his department). Some students still must pay fees (1-3k), but tuition is covered, and health insurance is usually provided as long as students are employed by the university.

FWIW, despite stipends below the poverty wage at many, many PhD granting institutions, it is fairly standard for programs to pay tuition as long as students are supported through a TA, GA, or RA position. This was my experience during my PhD as well, even though I had to work additional jobs to pay all my bills.

Last edited:
Means it only connected to 1 tower, I'm thinking. Won't hold up in court, is merely suggestive. Triangulation needs 3 towers.

But 1 tower is not zero towers (juries don't like math, so if it's just 1 tower, they're not bringing that forward to trial and are so indicating - but a judge can review the totality of the evidence and make a decision).
One tower can provide the distance the phone is from the tower about in a 30 degree arc, called the timing band.

Really? Most of them? Please tell that to the amazing University of California system. Most UC grad students get almost nothing their first year. They have to survive at least one year of classes with outstanding academic output (not just grades) to get a Ride the second year - or maybe the third.

WSU does not have full rides for most of its students. It has about a 70% acceptance rate, with the students working (TAing) as their main subsistence. Not annualized as a stipend unless they are selected to TA.

Which schools don't require tuition for grad school? I'm amazed by that. And I'm certain that WSU requires tuition of grad students (through loans or fellowships - but they are still paying - it is a form of income, it's not just free).

Are there private schools in the US that really have this pattern?

I sure wish what you were saying were true for me and my family.
I was also surprised to discover that some doctoral students in hard sciences such as chemistry, physics, engineering and biology can be paid a decent stipend that covers their tuition, housing and general cost of living.

To my knowledge, an arrested suspect does not get to keep wearing the same shoes he was wearing when he arrived at the county jail.

After the inmate is processed, they are issued a jail uniform including footwear. I believe they are even issued jail underwear and their personal clothing and property collected and stored.

So no, it's extremely doubtful that BK was wearing his own shoes, the Van shoes that left an imprint at the murder scene, when he got off the airplane in Idaho. JMO
Agreed. I’m pretty sure LE would have confiscated his personal Van shoes as evidence.
he would not be tromping around the jail in his personal vans when a shoe print was left at the CS.
some jails do issue Vans or knock off type vans to inmates, with no strings- slip on shoes

Equating boxing skills to stabbing someone in the chest is a stretch. Throwing a punch is a completely different movement. Doesn't even involve the same muscle groups. Not remotely close. Stabbing someone to death would require very little skill, IMO. Some strength, coordination, and determination would get it done. MOO, but supported by a Black Belt and knife fight training.
I don't know why I thought of this from your post but that "thud" that was heard by D, could it be X's door being kicked open with a kickbox move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScoopyC