ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bringing up my old question and post from threads 11 and 13.
Question: I think there might be still some interaction between a router and a phone even if wi-fi is turned off? And same for any bluetooth devices nearby? I remember hearing about it that there is some first handshake (or more like a brushing :p) that is still happening unless the phone is actually in airplane mode / off, but I am totally unsure if that is the case and what/how exactly so I am having a hard time google'ing any of it atm.
Quoted and bolded just for the sheer looking-at-it-now-I-feel-creeped even though it missed the mark.
MOO: That's an interesting good point. We know almost nothing about the classes and teachers our victims had at the U of I. I want to clear up that while the mental image of a professor is something like that for most people, this is often not the case. At least where I am from, it is pretty common for some lectures and seminars to be given by phd students - this would give you a person who is "slightly above their age group". Mind you, in my experience there were quite some hot males who also lacked some social skills in that sub-group. While this angle is not super likely, as we'd expect someone to know about it, it is also not unlikely per say. Edit: and I don't mean there had to be a sexual interaction with that person and any of the victims - a student in his class might as well be just from where the stalker found one of the victims.

Last edited:
There are extremely realistic and graphic stabbing video games he could have played for “practice.” I had the misfortune to run across one while sleuthing a Mom whose son stabbed her to death in our town (over his computer use being restricted). He had been watching others play this game on a YouTube account in her name (that I doubt she knew anything about). Needless to say, I contacted local LE. But my point is that playing these graphic games could develop experience and skill, much like flight simulators are used to train pilots.
JMO

Just jumping off this post...

An early witness ( a school friend in the first few interviews after the arrest) said that he was a gamer.
OK, I know that most boys his age in the noughties would also have been gamers so there's not necessarily a causal link... ( a link between violence & EV games)

Anyway, from that early interview, I wondered whether he also engaged in gamer chat too ( cause he didn't appear to use the classic SM platforms, or at least, we weren't able to find them)

Last edited:
There are extremely realistic and graphic stabbing video games he could have played for “practice.” I had the misfortune to run across one while sleuthing a Mom whose son stabbed her to death in our town (over his computer use being restricted). He had been watching others play this game on a YouTube account in her name (that I doubt she knew anything about). Needless to say, I contacted local LE. But my point is that playing these graphic games could develop experience and skill, much like flight simulators are used to train pilots.
JMO
Playing these games could develop interest / fascination, but certainly NOT the skills involved. MOO

I don't personally think his "research" interest existed beyond wanting to kill people for the sake of killing them.

But I do think he smugly assumed a police force he considered "small-time" would be no match for him. We obviously saw how that worked out. MOO

I suspect he wanted the internship primarily because he thought it would give him a leg up in his interest in committing a murder (access to information, for example)--and possibly because the idea of tricking the local police in that way amused him.

I've started going the other way. Decoupling items which I'd previously thought must be connected to various, possible motives.

Why else might he want an internship? ( apart from the discussed ' future crime' planning or variations on theme of BK developing a case study on himself)

Regarding the neighbor’s cam picking up the thud sound, I’m confused. My cams are motion activated. I don't believe they record sounds unless there’s associated movement.

Am I wrong? Do they record sound only?
I've never had a security camera, so this never crossed my mind until it was mentioned here, and now I have questions.

For example, how long do they run after being activated? Is it possible that he activated it entering the house and it was still running long enough to capture the thud? Or could it have been activated by motion through her window? Under ordinary circumstances, I wouldn't be happy with my neighbor if I thought his/her security camera was activated by me walking in my own house - but maybe it did and recorded something LE hasn't shared yet?

Here in this article ;

He submitted his application to the police department at some point during the fall semester, when he took his first semester of classes at WSU after graduating from DeSales University with a master’s degree in psychology and cloud-based forensics in June 2022.
"Kohberger wrote in his essay he had interest in assisting rural law enforcement agencies with how to better collect and analyze technological data in public safety operations," an arrest affidavit states.
A spokesperson for the Pullman Police Department could not immediately be reached for comment about the application.

Additionally, what brought this to my attention, I watched Lawrence Jones Across America this past Sunday and he had Baden, and a NYPD fella on . The LE guy felt the cloud based focus by BK really stood out to him and he thought there may be more to see of that as time goes on. I looked for a clip or post on this but there was none I could find, so I will moo on that. But I think others have mentioned they may have seen the show as well.

Was that for a 2015 Elantr
I've never had a security camera, so this never crossed my mind until it was mentioned here, and now I have questions.

For example, how long do they run after being activated? Is it possible that he activated it entering the house and it was still running long enough to capture the thud? Or could it have been activated by motion through her window? Under ordinary circumstances, I wouldn't be happy with my neighbor if I thought his/her security camera was activated by me walking in my own house - but maybe it did and recorded something LE hasn't shared yet?
My ring only activated by motion to start record sound and graphs. But I can image the security cameras in rental place to be the 24hr kind, like the ones in stores and banks. It could save in the clouds or hard ware. And erased later manually or automatically covered by new data. Since it is less than 24 hrs after the news broke out, these cameras near the house will be the first to obtained and examed.

Also regarding sound, I just come across a news in my home country, a couple was found stabbed dead in their apartment and no one heard anything. 2 weeks later the same town another women was stabbed but before dead was able to cry out for help, still dead. Later LE caught a guy using security camera footage. The man admitted he did both. My opinion is to emphasize it could be minimum noise if some one use a knife to kill.

As far as we know, there was no blood found in the room Murphy was found in. He wasn't in the same room as Kaylee and Maddie, if I recall correctly.
IMO, K shut the door behind her when she went to M's room. I truly believe the reason Murphy survived is that BK had no idea the type of dog behind the door and felt better off just moving on. JMO.

Just seeing if anyone else has checked into this but it’s pretty hard to find many cameras that record sound 50 ft away. It would have to be a totl camera. Ring cameras only record like 10 ft.
Someone mentioned LE must really amplify the sound to hear any nuance sound in the camera. It sounds like a higher quality camera than ring ( I have rings too)

Those wondering where BK might have bought the knife, I was thinking it reminds me of the dagger knife from the B.C murders a few years back. One of the killers had a replica of a Hitler knife with a swastika on it. It was bought online.

Army surplus shops, antique sales, flea markets sell things like this. BK could've paid cash easily if he bought it IRL.

Something tells me that he's had a murder fantasy for a while. Maybe when he was younger, out in the woods alone, maybe he killed an animal or practiced on something?

If he had experience with boxing and anatomy, he could have practiced while holding a knife instead of punching? In fact now saying that, I could totally see how someone could incorporate boxing technique with stabbing, knowing where all the "sweet spots" are. Super creepy!
Knives are readily available at many places including gun shows of which there are several in Pennsylvania. A Ka Bar knife is not a rarity and many outdoor shops and large national retailers sell them. Buying a knife doesn't require a background check or any sort of registration of the owener. Of course if paying cash very little "paper" trail.

The sheath left at the crime scene (with the USMC logo) many be purchased separately and it is fairly inexpesenive. The point is that you can have one knife and several identical sheaths.

His speculations would be challenged in class and he would have to defend them. If a strong student suddenly started defending outlandish scenarios using ridiculous approximations of logic, he would absolutely draw attention to himself.

ee with you here. As per the affadavit, Murphy was found in a different room from the bodies of Kaylee and Maddie so that certainly leads me to think that Murphy was not in the room when the murders took place. IMO.

Yes, I think he went upstairs first thing and ran into an interested Murphy while K and M stayed asleep in M's room. He rustled Murphy into K's room and shut him in. That could have been what DM first heard. Then, imo, K wakes up and sees him and says ,"Somebody's here!" He would be close to their room when she says that (no screaming) and the attack would happen immediately after she tried to warn others.

Sorry if this has been discussed previously, I'm not totally caught up ... 48 Hours mentioned the suspect's sister was in a horror slasher movie about 11 years ago ... could suspect have been influenced by the movie about a way to carry out a murder? Not saying the movie influenced him to kill someone, that evil was already there, perhaps gave him an idea of the means to carry it out.
Anything is possible, but it would be terrible if his sister thought back to that and blamed herself in some way. Anything he saw or experienced, even things a normal person would view as completely innocent, might have triggered him.

Moo but I don't think BK touched the dog at all. I suspect the dog was in a crate in K' s room. Maybe he wouldn't settle down while K was in there so she went to chill with M for awhile to let the dog settle and go to sleep thinking she'd sneak back to her room later (or not, maybe just stay with M). I don't think BK had to handle the dog at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx