ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, this is what I was referring to: "All states allow for DNA collection under certain circumstances, in many cases upon conviction or parole."

I was under the impression that they couldn't get your dna unless you were convicted, not just charged. (What if you were innocent?) And not for something as mundane a no seatbelt.
Each state is different. For example, in Indiana, because of Delphi, a bill flew through the Indiana state legislature at lightning speed (in less than a year) that allows DNA collection upon a felony ARREST.

Links from beginning of January, 2018: Indiana authorities to collect DNA after arrests

https://www.theindianalawyer.com/articles/45768-indiana-law-for-felony-arrest-dna-collection-takes-effect

IMO There’s going to be more evidence released to the public knowledge that will put the puzzle together as to why the suspect was arrested.

Assuming BH is proven guilty:
I believe living in Pennsylvania, close to his parents and family, kept him accountable for his actions in someway because he received comfort or unconditional love from them, even unknowingly to what was going on in his mind.

Moving over 2000 miles away, out of sight out of mind, allowed him to premeditate his crime without interruption. I almost get the sense that he yearned to get his own justice to how he was feeling with his intrusive thoughts he was experiencing and by carrying out a horrific urge, it would bring satisfaction or accomplishment.

JMO.

I can’t wrap my head around how horrific these crimes were towards carefree, vivacious souls.

Yet he made so many mistakes!

Despite taking classes about digital forensics etc, he brought his phone to the scene (lol) and turned it off and on shortly before and after the crimes, pinging within the vicinity of the crime scene.

Plus the knife sheath which just cements his guilt IMHO.

Also wanted to note that when looking at the knife in pictures, IMO the weapon itself did a lot of the damage, not so much that BK had amazing knife wielding skills.
IMO, do you think that one of his students wanted to pull this off?

Yes, Aug 21 was a traffic stop, during that stop he gave LE is phone number. (Page 10)

Probable Cause Affidavit
BBM
On December 23, 2022, I was granted a search warrant for Kohberger's historical CSLI from June 23, 2022 to current, prospective location information, and a Pen Register/Trap and Trace on the 8458 Phone to aid in efforts to determine if Kohberger stalked any of the victims in this case prior to the offense, conducted surveillance on the King Road Residence, was in contact with any of the victims' associates before or after the alleged offense, any locations that may contain evidence of the murders that occurred on November I3, 2O22, the location of the white Elantra registered to Kohberger, as well as the location of Kohberger.

On December 23, 2022 pursuant to that search warrant, I received historical records for the 8458 Phone from AT&T from the time the account was opened in June 2022.

After consulting with CASTSA, I was able to determine estimated locations for the 8458 Phone from June2022 to present, the time period authorized by the court.

The records for the 8458 Phone show the 8458 Phone utilizing cellular resources that provide coverage to the area of 1122 King Road on at least twelve occasions prior to November 13,2022. All of these occasions, except for one, occurred in the late evening and early morning hours of their respective days.
IMO, maybe BK jokingly put a student up to it and the student followed through with it to set him up. Is this plausible?

There seems to be time unaccounted for both before and after... Doodling around on my own map, it appears he came from the east with no obvious reason for doing so.View attachment 394193

Then a hypothetical path home that matches up with the times...
View attachment 394194

Is there some point of interest over here?
View attachment 394195
Re: The long trip to Union Town and back: LE could check urgent care centers on this route for anyone seeking aid for a knife injury or similar laceration type injury. MOO

However, fast killing should betray some prior experience, no? There is something in this whole story that screams, experience with the knife. Where would BK get it? He was not in the army or Marines, he did not work as a butcher. Where did he get such experience? Different wounds, too…

There are extremely realistic and graphic stabbing video games he could have played for “practice.” I had the misfortune to run across one while sleuthing a Mom whose son stabbed her to death in our town (over his computer use being restricted). He had been watching others play this game on a YouTube account in her name (that I doubt she knew anything about). Needless to say, I contacted local LE. But my point is that playing these graphic games could develop experience and skill, much like flight simulators are used to train pilots.
JMO

Last edited:
I'm equating muscle memory and typical work-outs beforehand. There aren't many knife classes, but the ones I've observed use (basically) upper cuts, jabs, etc and put a very strong emphasis on arm strength, torso strength and quickness.

Is that not common to both?

My point is that he didn't take up tennis or ping-pong. He didn't just life weights. He did boxing/kickboxing - similar moves, imo, as someone who has some background in forensic knife wounds.

IMO.
Awe, now I see the confusion. What you describe IS consistent with knife fighting while you are standing face to face, using the knife to slash (as in a cross), or poke (as in an uppercut). Presumably in this case we have the victim(s) lying down, and the attacker is on top of them. IMO non of the attacks were a stand up, face to face engagement. The knife is now pointing down and away (hilt on pinky side, not thumb side) and the motion is primarily tricep extension and hammer fist. This IS NOT a motion/skill any form of boxing would help develop.

Thanks for your articulate conversation!

However, fast killing should betray some prior experience, no? There is something in this whole story that screams, experience with the knife. Where would BK get it? He was not in the army or Marines, he did not work as a butcher. Where did he get such experience? Different wounds, too…
A reasonably fit and strong person wouldn't need experience with a knife to stab three sleeping people to death + one smaller, weaker person.

I'd like to compare the dates when (if) he was turned down at the police department with the first time he surveilled the house.
Af per affidavit, he was already near the house on August 21, IMO that's right before classes even started (it was not stated to be, nor not to be, the first time he was near the house). I would think that any applications for positions were made later, but not sure. Interstingly, only one of these occasions was non-nighttime. That one could be initial contact, could be first following home from elsewhere, but could be random distribution due to other factors. (Affidavit link, p16)
"All of these occasions, except for one, occurred in the late evening and early morning hours of their respective days. One of these occasions, on August 21,2022 /---/"
Could BK have been treating this whole, awful tragedy as a 'thesis'? The ultimate research?
Was this orchestrated to be his actual Ph.D. thesis?
IMO It would only make sense had he framed someone, and then start "solving" it and be found a genius. It is also unlikely to pass a case study as a phd thesis (though I am not from the US), but as he wiggled his way out of a proper Masters thesis already, hell knows, he could have thought that. But given the facts, it is unlikely, imo. I think his studies have nothing to do with the crime other than they reflect his longstanding (and probably sinister) interest is such crimes.

"Suspect vehicle 1" - is it a common practice to give it a number even if there's only one or is there also suspect vehicle 2?

Ring camera recordings - IMHO people call many cameras ring cameras, even if they technically are not. Some might be constantly recording. Some might have been activated by birds, a piece of trash flying in the wind, or, ermh, a stray cat. High likelyhood that several domestic animals contributed to solving this crime! So get a pet, everyone! (MOO)

DoorDash order - I am currently of the opinion that Xana ordered it herself. But one can buy doordash gift cards - even in cash I suppose. Combined with using a burner-device or similar, this could present an opportunity for BK to order it. But then why go in after it's proven that someone's awake? Imo, that does not make sense. Or should it mean that this was BK checking if target (in this case X) is there? Or checking if E has gone back to the frat? Still, why attack so quickly and not wait until she's fallen back asleep? Does it make sense to anyone? EDIT: and do I remember correctly that there was dirt from a potted plant on the counter where the doordash bag was? Could that be significant or just teenage mess?

Weird routes - what was BK doing with the weird drive to King Road? He did not even take the shortest route (Maps suggest to take the northern road by the airport - maybe avoided it due to cameras? But he was still caught on plenty...).

"Go" signal - how did he know at ~2.40 (or before) that it's time to depart towards Moscow and his victim(s) is waiting at home, not at a party, at a sleepover, with a hookup, on a video call etc?

Last edited:
I am suggesting this murder as subject/basis for a dissertation but not as a crime he committed but as a crime he is studying because he is using himself and his experience but pretending the killer is the other guy, the guy who answered his survey sometime in the future. The other guy who never got caught. More MOO.
This is a wild, crazy, "out there" theory ...... but I like it! For some reason, I find this completely plausible given the information we have in this case.

I received a one-time approval from a WS Admin for this article only from Airmail.news that gives a probable explanation for why the initial 911 call was coded as for a unconscious person, the tip from a gas station worker led to search for the White Elantra, the psychological impact on the investigators and how citizen sleuths played a critical role in the eventual arrest.

The article is from Howard Blum, a two-time Pultizer Prize winner who is a former New York reporter and Edgar Allen Poe Award winner. It's the first of a two-part series.

An Exclusive Look Inside the Idaho Murders: Part I (Paywall Version)

The Eyes of a Killer (Free Trial, Non Paywall Version)

This made me choke on my morning coffee.

always find it frustrating when, as in this new Inside Edition special, they don't ask a follow-up question.

Woulda been useful if they asked Bree something like ' Did he actually say that to you or is that something you heard more recently, from TV news on this case?'

or, when she said ' He wanted to do something that impacted people in a good way.' Why not pin that down?
eg When did he say that to you and what else did he say about that?

Inside Edition transcript for the show

Last edited:
I'd like to compare the dates when (if) he was turned down at the police department with the first time he surveilled the house.
We have no information that his application was rejected. ( No msm have linked to a rejection, PCA just says applied)

WSU's own website goes into the application process for the internship, for the fall intake.

IDK how long between each of those steps in the process

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member