ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get really uncomfortable when we borrow personality theories from a serial killer.

The term isn't Dr. Ramsland's - she learned it from BTK. Does he speak for all serial killers? No clue, but I bet he is happy to be remember for inventing a term that Dr R is now trying to introduce as a kind of general concept.

It's exceptionally similar to the concept of "compartmentalizing." We could also call it "acting."
This was my first thought after reading that too, is it not simply compartmentalising?
Serial killers, particularly those who get off on being studied, shouldn’t be coining psychological/behavioural concepts IMO.

I searched the thread for Slate and didn't see this posted. My apologies if it's a dupe

BINGO!! I was about to post on this subject that has been *put on the back burner*, but it's the genesis of pinpointing BK as a suspect.
From the link above:

".....then began the process of building an enormous family tree, using a vast array of public records and more-traditional detective work to create a short list of people within that tree who could plausibly be the suspect. The fact that Kohberger lived 10 miles from the crime scene would have helped him stand out. So too would the fact that he owned a white Elantra."

Ok here goes. First impressions from the arrest affidavit:
1. Killings only took place in two bedrooms: 3rd floor bedroom, two roommates were in the same bed; 2nd floor bedroom had roommate and boyfriend. Maybe only planned to kill 2 people?

2. DM’s bedroom was on 2nd floor, and she encountered the killer face to face. She’s very lucky to be alive.

3. BF’s bedroom was on 1st floor and she perhaps slept through the attacks.

4. When DM heard Gonclaves playing with her dog at 4:00, it was probably while Gonclaves and Mogen were being attacked. They were likely killed while they slept, as no screams or cries were heard.

5. kernodle received a door dash at 4:00 and was on TikTok until 4:12 - the killer might have already started the attacks on Goncalves and Mogen when Kernoble picked up her door dash meal. Creepy! Kernoble was certainly awake when she was attacked; her boyfriend could have been awake or asleep. Alternatively, the attacks could have started just after door dash, and DM’s timing of events was a few minutes off.

6. When DM heard roommate say “someone is here” - my guess is it was Kernodle, who was trying to alert her boyfriend. Killer had already killed Goncalves and Mogen and had just entered Kernodle’s bedroom. First time DM opened her door.

7. When DM heard cries from Kernodle’s room, she opened door for 2nd time. Attack of Kernodle and Chaplin was in progress.

8. After hearing Kernodle crying and male voice saying “I’m going to help you” she opened door a third time and saw killer - he was apparently just coming out of Kernoble’s room, having just killed Kernoble and Chaplin. Maybe he was too exhausted to continue killing remaining roommates?

9. Police did a fantastic job tracking down the suspect vehicle and the suspect and matching his DNA. Nothing really to add.

10. Killer cased the house several times in the weeks before the murders and visited the crime scene the next morning. I do not believe killer had any connection to victims other than he selected them as targets.

11. IMO. The only motive here is thrill kill and to try to get away with a mass murder. I think these were his first murders, but he’s likely been fantasizing about it for years.

12. I think he’ll be convicted pretty easily and given the death penalty.

I’ll write more if I think of anything else. Just my thoughts on the affidavit.

Hard to speculate at this point without more evidence than the affidavit but, what is your interpretation of what happened on the 3rd floor? specifically with the dog found in K's room and no blood, also the supposed difference in knife wounds between M and K.

Did K leave her room and the dog, to check on noises from M's room?

Are we certain he wasn’t the DD deliverer? TB was near his home and what better way to get near the property with a valid excuse. Uber creepy and horrific.
I think that can be pretty safely ruled out. In the affidavit for BK's arrest, it says the DD came forward to talk to police. It also says that person left around approximately 4 am. I don't believe the police are going to be that coy in an affidavit for arrest if he were in fact the person who delivered food to their apartment. They'd just state that fact as part of the proof against him. MOO

WHO is SG? Can we not assume everybody knows names of every person remotely involved?

KG’s father, who has done at least ten interviews with MSM (main stream media), both of these facts would make him slightly more than ‘remotely‘ involved.

There is a second SG, his attorney, who has also done MSM interviews regarding the case.

JMO

The "good birthing hips" thing is actually a Dwight Schrute quote from the Office (the American version of the show).
So, was he just trying to be funny in his own awkward way? (Please don't get the wrong idea, I'm not making excuses, I just sounded funny when you add the Dwight Schrute comment)

BINGO!! I was about to post on this subject that has been *put on the back burner*, but it's the genesis of pinpointing BK as a suspect.
From the link above:

".....then began the process of building an enormous family tree, using a vast array of public records and more-traditional detective work to create a short list of people within that tree who could plausibly be the suspect. The fact that Kohberger lived 10 miles from the crime scene would have helped him stand out. So too would the fact that he owned a white Elantra."
Also from the Slate article (linking again here), LE did in fact check cell tower data from during the timeline they believed the crime to have been committed in order to check cell data against white Elantra drivers. BK did not stand out in this approach, obviously, because he had his phone turned off during the commission of the crime. In their words:

"One of the ways investigators whittled down the vehicles’ owners was by looking for associated mobile phones that pinged cell towers near the crime scene around the time of the murder. Kohberger failed to stand out in that way, according to the affidavit.

'A query of the 8458 Phone in these returns did not show the 8458 Phone utilizing cellular tower resources in close proximity to the King Road Residence between 3:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m.,' Brett Payne, Moscow Police Department’s lead investigator, wrote, referring to Kohberger’s phone."

An interesting and informative read about LE's work on the case.

Hard to speculate at this point without more evidence than the affidavit but, what is your interpretation of what happened on the 3rd floor? specifically with the dog found in K's room and no blood, also the supposed difference in knife wounds between M and K.

Did K leave her room and the dog, to check on noises from M's room?
This is actually what I keep wondering - if K was in her room/what was her room before moving out, heard a noise coming from M’s room and went to investigate and confronted BK in M’s room. Possibly that’s why K had more extensive or different injuries to M if that is indeed true, because she was awake and confronted BK.

So we know anything about the bedrooms of the rental, as in, does it come furnished or partly furnished? Wondering if there was still a bed in what was her room and she slept in there before ending up in with M.

All my own opinion and speculation.

Well, back in the early days, SG may have revealed that he paid for the cremation and burial expenses of both girls. He talks about bringing "them" back. Mr and Mrs G are very good friends with Ms M (Maddie's mom). Maddie's dad gave an emotional speech where he talked about how he had not been in her life as much as he wished. So SG may have acted as the Dad to both of them (and he spoke of Christmas as not being the same with "two empty chairs at our table." For a long time, Maddie had been hanging out at the G household.

So, did he make the funeral arrangements and if so, wouldn't he have been able to ask the funeral director to view the bodies before cremation? Or, maybe Maddie's parents were both there too and they went through that horrible process together, as friends, supporting each other.

That was the thinking back when he stated publicly that he had seen the two bodies. Again, I support taking the victims' views as containing kernels of truth. Is it allowed by a particular funeral parlor in Coeur D'Alene Idaho? I have no idea. At one point, SG said he had two urns of ashes in his home. So it's not like he just alluded to it one time.
Doesn't Maddie have a bonus dad that is pretty shattered, too? Or am I confusing the victims? JMHO

ETA answering my own question. She called her step-dad "Dad".

I'd like to see receipts on this before believing it wholesale. Messages on the app, etc.

You can find a few videos on youtube. She comes across as very young and quite believable. IMO.
Literally for every “bad” report of him being rude or strange, someone said he is so nice and outgoing.

Actually, it's mostly just the lady at the healthcare center that says this. The student who says he thought he was friendly ends up going out of his way to avoid the over-friendliness within a month after they meet.

So, the bar in PA, the girl who had the Tinder date, at least two students in his program, a slew of students who were his students, and, by inference, his supervising prof for the class he was TA'ing all seem to have a different opinion,

Oh, and the dude he did heroin with likes him and thought he was a regular guy. One girl from HS says he was "funny."

So much is just not making sense… I don’t care how smart BK thinks he is, this all just seems like too much. My rambling thoughts:

K and M were both found on M’s bed, but is that where they originally were? K’s dog was shut in K’s room, which is where I would expect K to be as well. It makes sense to me that K and her dog were both in K’s room. When K leaves her room, she closes the door behind her (to prevent her dog from getting all wound up and jumping on the unknown person in M’s room).

Dog recorded barking starting at 4:17, so is when the dog knows there is a struggle on the other side of that door. Did he kill M in her sleep, then K walked in on it?

But knowing his car was speeding away at 4:20, was K the last victim? I think so. And is it accurate that K’s wounds were more savage? That would be consistent with M killed in her sleep, K awake and trying to defend.

I’m also wondering, when BK originally unsheathed his knife, did he just stick the sheath back in his pocket? He obviously didn’t have it strapped to his leg or worn on his belt, but a hoodie could offer that nice big front pocket where he could enter with the knife not visible. I wonder if perhaps that’s exactly what he did and the sheath fell out unnoticed while he was struggling with M and throwing her on K’s bed.

All of this allows no time to attack X and E afterwards, that had to have been before. We know his car was seen pulling into the street at 4:04 and we know X was awake and on Snapchat at 4:12 - that leaves an 8 minute window to park his car and enter the house. And only another 8 minutes (until 4:20) when the car is seen speeding away. Allowing 2 minutes to get downstairs, out of the house, back in his car and take off - so all of this happened in 6 minutes?
This is exactly where I am right now. This just doesn’t make sense, logistically. For him to do this in the short period of time, they would have had to have been lined up waiting for him and just let it happen. Since this is not what happened, the only thing that makes sense is BK had a friend or two with him. Just keep thinking he‘s part of some group that fantasizes about this or even did this as a team event. That, or BK was the driver for them. I know we only have a tiny fraction of the information, so maybe once more comes out, it will make sense? For now, I just don’t see how it’s possible.

SPOKANE, Wash. — Whitman County has sealed the search warrant for University of Idaho student murder suspect Bryan Kohberger's residence at the Steptoe Village Apartments in Pullman.
According to court documents, "premature public disclosure of the details of this law enforcement investigation will create a serious and imminent threat to effective law enforcement, and could result in the premature end of this investigation which could create a threat to public safety."https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/special-reports/moscow-murders/idaho-murders-update-search-warrant-suspect-apartment/293-a2de3a10-cd31-

I'd like to see receipts on this before believing it wholesale. Messages on the app, etc.

You can find a few videos on youtube. She comes across as very young and quite believable. IMO. We are not going to get to see the messages on her app, which is rather intrusive. She's putting her real face out there.

You can find a few videos on youtube. She comes across as very young and quite believable. IMO.
Literally for every “bad” report of him being rude or strange, someone said he is so nice and outgoing.

Actually, it's mostly just the lady at the healthcare center that says this. The student who says he thought he was friendly ends up going out of his way to avoid the over-friendliness within a month after they meet.

So, the bar in PA, the girl who had the Tinder date, at least two students in his program, a slew of students who were his students, and, by inference, his supervising prof for the class he was TA'ing all seem to have a different opinion,

Oh, and the dude he did heroin with likes him and thought he was a regular guy. One girl from HS says he was "funny."

This is actually what I keep wondering - if K was in her room/what was her room before moving out, heard a noise coming from M’s room and went to investigate and confronted BK in M’s room. Possibly that’s why K had more extensive or different injuries to M if that is indeed true, because she was awake and confronted BK.

So we know anything about the bedrooms of the rental, as in, does it come furnished or partly furnished? Wondering if there was still a bed in what was her room and she slept in there before ending up in with M.

All my own opinion and speculation.
He probably brought a couple of dog treats w. him, threw them in the unoccupied bedroom and then closed the door once dog followed treats into the unoccupied bedroom.

I feel like he might use a big chunk of meat, with or without bones, to get a feeling how deep and how quick it penetrates
Lot of interest here on how BK may have *experimented* with animal tissues to become proficient in killing with a knife. Unless LE can come up with evidence supporting such experimentation, it's a dead end. MOO. Even if they could do so, it could argued that this was simply part of his *PHD studies* in what a killer might *feel* while committing such a crime. Bottom line is that the killer WAS VERY PROFICIENT in taking 4 lives in a 10 min time span with *NO FUSS....NO MUSS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member