ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh... I'm sorry if I messed anyone else up. The second floor is what tripped me up, except for the kitchen. I had the kitchen figured out. :cool:
The front door on the first floor faces north. Sigma Chi sits slightly to the NW. Behtany's room was on the first floor to the left/east coming in the front. Kaylee and Maddie had third-floor bedroom windows facing south with Kaylee on the west and Maddie on the east. Xana's second floor room was on the west and Dylan's on the east.
LOL between the 3 of us, I was responding to @TL4S who thought X's bedroom was below M's, thought I could answer on my way out the door but apparently didn't finish my sentence, I'm sorry.

Looks like others helped, I see a floor plan since I left. The thing that helped me in floor plans because I've seen them from both the front and the back of the house is

K's room and kitchen are on the back east side. Facing back yard.

M's room over DM's are on the back west side. Facing back yard.

X's room and living room are over the bedrooms on the bottom floor. Facing driveway.
Looking at pictures of the house is confusing because the front door on the first floor faces north, not south. Sigma Chi sits slightly to the NW. Bethany's room was on the first floor to the left/east coming in the front door. She was under the living room. Kaylee and Maddie had third-floor bedroom windows facing south with Kaylee on the west and Maddie on the east. Xana's second floor room was on the northwest with Dylan's on the southeast. Dylan's room was directly under Maddie's, but the kitchen was under Kaylee's. There was nothing above Xana, and Dylan's former room was below Xana. This is exactly the opposite of what a person might intuitively think, but it becomes obvious when looking at Google maps and seeing the relationship between Sigma Chi, Band Field and the murder house.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-11 at 3.04.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-11 at 3.04.14 PM.png
    662.1 KB · Views: 81
As we continue to speculate on BK's reasoning for committing the murders, if he is guilty, this is important to emphasize. If he was trying to "commit the perfect murder," as some have speculated, he really lacked the hands on knowledge to do so effectively. The kind of work he did in his field was highly theoretical and research / writing oriented. Not to disparage this kind of work, but it's certainly very different than the training that forensic analysts, LE, or lawyers receive.

He may have had to hubris to think that he could get away with it, or alternatively, "committing the perfect murder" was not his goal or motivation.
I suppose having seen the questions on the survey on Reddit, I rather thought he was on a journey to find out how someone would feel (meaning himself) to think about it, to plan it, to do it. How he would feel if he thought he was getting away with it, if he got caught. That was where my mind went with the "reasoning". He may not have even cared if he got away with it, simply wanted the experience. Totally IMO, JMO.

What could be in that apartment search that if disclosed before Mar 1 could end the investigation? Huge threat right now but gone on by Mar 1?

snipped
“The document states: 'Premature public disclosure of the details of this law enforcement investigation will create serious and imminent threat to effective law enforcement and could result in the premature end of this investigation which could create a threat to public safety.”
The search warrant, which is shrouded in mystery, won't be sealed forever - the documents going on to say they'll only be 'enforceable for a limited time,' investigation pending.
'For these reasons, the information contained in the application and the nature of this investigation must be kept secret for a limited period of time,' it states.
'It is estimated the investigation will likely be concluded within two months from this date [Dec 30], so an order sealing the file for that period of time is appropriate and necessary.'
Link above:
Yea, this is weird these statements. I’ll add this that I find concerning as well.

Attorney Darren Kavinoky told the outlet that the language used in the document suggests it is, in fact, trying to protect the victims.

'Often times victims make certain lifestyle choices that could subject them to public criticism. There could be private medical information that generally, out of decorum, they don't want that information released to the public,' said Kavinoky.

So, what exactly is he saying? I’m feeling a definite internet issue, both ways. Maybe there are connections we have no idea about and don’t want to know about. Hopefully, he’s spouting about and it’s nothing, but I’m reminded of the NYPD guy I quoted on Lawrence Jones who also felt BK’s interest in helping LE with internet crimes or whatever the term will become the focus. Moo

Ok...I will read it again to confirm that, but it doesn't really matter either way.

My question is still the same. Could the search warrant have been mishandled by LE?
Sorry if this has been answered already. This document was signed by the judge on 12-30-22 in order to seal the search warrant and the search warrant return & inventory. The suspect was arrested on 12-30-22 at 2am EST (which was 11pm 12-29-22 PST). IMO, the warrant was served on the WSU campus police as soon as he was arrested and the WSU police then contacted the county attorney (or maybe the county attorney was already there) and requested the sealing pursuant to a request from Idaho. The warrant couldn't have been served on BK because he wasn't there. His apartment was WSU housing so campus police would be the next best for warrant service. The verbiage used in the request was specifically chosen so no judge would deny the request. No one knew exactly what would be recovered, uncovered or discovered when the warrant was actually executed so it's best to cover as many bases as you can. This document, the motion to seal, was not done because the search warrant was mishandled IMO.

As we continue to speculate on BK's reasoning for committing the murders, if he is guilty, this is important to emphasize. If he was trying to "commit the perfect murder," as some have speculated, he really lacked the hands on knowledge to do so effectively. The kind of work he did in his field was highly theoretical and research / writing oriented. Not to disparage this kind of work, but it's certainly very different than the training that forensic analysts, LE, or lawyers receive.

He may have had to hubris to think that he could get away with it, or alternatively, "committing the perfect murder" was not his goal or motivation.
I do not believe his motivation was to commit a so called "perfect crime" (which does not exist IMO).

I think this terrible tragedy was the (alleged) result of his disturbed psyche, raging negative emotions he couldn't curb and his inability to connect with others in significant way.

He seems to me a broken shell of a person.

JMO

I do not believe his motivation was to commit a so called "perfect crime" (which does not exist IMO).

I think this terrible tragedy was the result of his disturbed psyche, raging negative emotions he couldn't curb and his inability to connect with others in significant way.

He seems to me a broken shell of a person.

JMO
Very well-said. I also agree.

And though he seems to have carried out the deed himself, another person could have been involved in information-gathering; reconnoitering, etc.
I'm not saying that couldn't happen. I just have a hard time imagining Mister "I'm smarter than everyone and am socially awkward" bonding with anyone well enough to have a partner in crime. ;)

There were plenty of people I was acquainted with/met casually in college that my roommates/friends weren’t aware of. Not that they were secret, just there was no reason to mention them. Someone I sat w/on the campus bus, smoked a cigarette w/between classes, saw frequently at the library, etc.

And lots more people I might mention to friend whom my family knew nothing about. IMO it’s a bit audacious for any girl’s father to believe he’s aware of everyone she associates with. Especially once she is away at college. Even if he reads her diary and monitors her social media there will be aquaintances omitted by choice or circumstance.

SG’s been told in any number of ways it’s not helpful to comment on the investigation. I understand he’s grieving and my heart breaks for him and all the other families. But I’m a bit taken aback as to why despite LE’s success he persists. It’s an even bigger mystery to me what kind of attorney would willingly serve as this kind of mouthpiece.

JMO
Totally.
I’m going to hold Steve innocent for this offense unless I hear otherwise though, I blame the attorney entirely… He should know better… and what he said, I’m sorry, was an idiot thing for an attorney to say… for exactly all the reasons you mentioned above.

As far as SG seeming a bit audacious for potentially believing he knows every bit of his daughter’s life, in actuality, you are right, there is no way for him to know all of these things… But from everything I can tell, they were a pretty close knit family and when it comes to dads and daughters, I have seen in my own personal experience that it’s a little bit more difficult for dad’s to let go and come to terms with the fact that their daughters are essentially grown and acknowledge that their little girls aren’t so little anymore, so he’s probably completely unaware of the fact that believing he would know every bit of info about his daughter’s friend circle, acquaintances, etc. is no longer realistic being that she was a young woman living in her own world by the time she lost her life. I have sympathy for him, just because I think it’s more difficult for loving dads to come to terms with this.

HOWEVER - good grief, my heart also goes out to him because he’s paying his hard earned money to this attorney who is doing his family no favors by making such an ill-timed, ill-informed, definitive statement. LE themselves said that they would not be discussing if they had uncovered a connection at this point. That means this guy has no business going against them and making statements about this one way or the other. It could be argued that sometimes, the best piece of advice attorneys can give their clients is to just keep their mouths shut… and then there are attorneys like this guy, who should take their own advice. I just hope his big mouth will not cause any problems if they do find out later on that there was some kind of connection (which personally, I believe that there was, even if tiny and seemingly innocuous, perhaps even unbeknownst to the girls — BK went to the third floor for a reason). Can we please just let it all play out at trail and everybody keep their unhelpful comments to them selves in the meantime? For the sake of the victims and their families? And for the sake of justice?

I do just want to add that I’ve seen a few interviews with SG since BK’s arrest, and he seems to have calmed down quite a bit now that he knows LE has been on top of all this. So far, at least in the interviews that I have seen, I have not heard him release any information that he probably shouldn’t be, like in the past. Mainly, I’ve just seen him and his family speaking about how this has and is affecting them, where they go from here, etc. Perhaps there are other interviews out there I am unaware of where he may have said something LE/the prosecution would prefer he not, but I personally have not seen that. I’ve seen him be much more reserved with his comments and careful with his responses. I think he is deliberately trying to make sure he does not say or do anything that could be detrimental to prosecuting BK.

And lastly, I just want to say that I really, really like the Goncalves family. They genuinely seem like they are truly good-hearted, loving, and strong people, and I hope they are able to get just as they are seeking for their daughter. ♥️

Last edited:
I looked for this one but didn't find it. It pretty much says what I had posted before, though it is still conjecture on the part of the Defense attorney and does not take into account the whole picture which none of us, including her has seen
Idaho murders: Veteran defense attorney lays out case Bryan Kohberger team could make, 'holes' in affidavit

"In this case, what I've noticed is they’ve got evidence, and they’ve tried to put together the pieces of the puzzle," the California-based Lara Yeretsian told Fox News Digital. "But each and every one of the pieces of the puzzle seem to have issues and weaknesses and places where a defense attorney can poke holes."
It is notable how she points out that the PCA states his phone pinged a cell tower in Moscow on Nov 14, but LE don't believe his phone was in Moscow that day. That is a problem.

It is notable how she points out that the PCA states his phone pinged a cell tower in Moscow on Nov 14, but LE don't believe his phone was in Moscow that day. That is a problem.

Pretty sure they will plot their ping map only when the pings hit off more than one tower. That's probably the technically correct thing to do. Three towers even better, and I would be surprised if the 12 pings they are speaking of in the PCA all had at least 3 pings of that phone being in Moscow (and further pings show direction of movement).

And lastly, I just want to say that I really, really like the Goncalves family. They genuinely seem like really wonderful people, and I hope they are able to get just as they are seeking for their daughter.
snip
I worried they'd derail the investigation entirely -- a textbook example of how not to handle matters.

The attacks on LE could not have been helpful. Well-intentioned? Certainly. Understandable? Truly.

You can say that again.

But that's not how these things work.
Are you able to clarify what you mean by ‘But that’s not how these things work’ In the original post I was stating my opinion that the sheath may have been deliberately left behind? MOO

But does it automatically connect to random wifi without you signing into it previously? Mine doesn't. They never have. And I have always used default settings on my android phones. Imo.
I agree unless you are seeking a new Wi-Fi connection. Like at a hospital, it will ask if I want to, bc I have signed in before but I’d rather use data than an insecure everybody Wi-Fi. But I never get asked as I peruse other places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46