ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not that unethical, afterwards, Paul Holes made the whole career out of GSK case. Dave Reichert, my state’s former US congressman, was known as the LEO who put Green River Killer behind bars, but essentially, he was made famous by Ann Rule. She liked him and described as young, handsome, dynamic. I wouldn’t mind at all if LE get something, provided one thing: that LEO have arrested the right man and make an airtight case, and there is no travesty of Justice. What relatives and witnesses write is up to them, after all, so far, only DK of Columbine’s mom succeeded in producing something interesting, IMHO, but she donated the money to very noble causes (suicide prevention).
The ethical questions arise if individuals are planning of "cashing in" after the trial and it impacts how they participate in the case.

Blood is very slippery and the knife gets covered in attacks such as this. The nature of a stabbing is the knife will come to a sudden halt, the hand will want to continue downward with momentum due to the now slippery handle compromising the grip.

There is a reason homicide detectives always want to see the hands of suspects as soon a possible after a knife attack. Suspects with hand injuries are common.
If the knife used here was indeed a Kabar, I doubt it slipped. They have provisions built into the knife to account for being bloodied. They are MADE to kill humans, and not injure the user. That is the purpose of it's design. The high # of knife attacks that injure the user are no doubt with kitchen knives, folding knives, etc, that don't have these provisions.

A Whitman County judge sealed the files after prosecutors argued that "premature public disclosure" could threaten law enforcement, the integrity of the investigation and public safety. He ordered a two-month seal but left open the option to make them public sooner if appropriate.

Warrants served in Pennsylvania after a raid on Kohberger's parents house in the Poconos, where he was arrested, were also sealed for 60 days by a judge there.

Officials in Latah County, Idaho, on Tuesday announced that they had temporarily taken the case file off of the state's internet-based portal, citing unspecified "security concerns," a move several legal experts told Fox News Digital was highly unusual.

This cites avoiding potential threats to law enforcement and could prematurely ending the investigation.

Could this mean that there could have been something illegal about the search warrant or how it was carried out and they could be covering themselves?

I think that the Daily Mail has copied the information from the first version of this linked article, and so the sentence is incomplete.

KREM2 added a correction to their article ... Editor's note: A previous version of this story omitted the word "effective" when describing the threat of releasing these documents.

So, the correct statement from the court says (UBM) ... "premature public disclosure of the details of this law enforcement investigation will create a serious and imminent threat to effective law enforcement, and could result in the premature end of this investigation which could create a threat to public safety."

Published: 2:20 PM PST January 3, 2023
Updated: 7:16 AM PST January 10, 2023

Yep. And I'm trying to figure out what "touch someone's wifi" means. My phone could show probably a hundred or so wifi addresses as I walk down a street, but that doesn't mean I'm trying to get close to a particular address, or that I even know how close I am to the location with that wifi address.
I think it means that he was close enough to the house that his phone would automatically try to join their wifi. It was probably password protected, so it couldn't connect, but the wifi logs must have kept a record of it attempting to connect.

Would his fingerprints be in any database if he hadn't committed any previous crime?
Apparently , yes.

Natives of PA explained, many pages ago, that if you work as a sec guard for a school board in PA, it's routine to take the employee's fingerprints. ( He worked as a sec guard from at least 2017 until mid 2021 when he resigned)

when the PA WS members said that, I assumed this meant he had worn gloves during the crime.

Interesting article told from LE’s point of view.

That article does have some interesting points, but unfortunately, I’m not ready to believe them until LE says the same things. Right now, he’s saying things that contradict the PCA, and because of the gag order, no one in the know is able to contradict anything he says. I’m also allergic to purple prose, what someone referred to as the “Look Ma, I’m writing!” style.

There is a lot of concern about cell phone ping and wifi. There is an infinite amount of other data that is collected from all mobile devices. Most companies that offer apps sell your data including location.

If you look at weather, have Facebook, retail apps, or almost any free app on your phone, the real cost is your data and location.

Here is a decent article about LE can track location. Another typical ap used to aggregate mobile location is call fog. It's been around a long time. Google fog ap for information.

BBM. This is so true. Nothing is free. IMO

I looked for this one but didn't find it. It pretty much says what I had posted before, though it is still conjecture on the part of the Defense attorney and does not take into account the whole picture which none of us, including her has seen
Idaho murders: Veteran defense attorney lays out case Bryan Kohberger team could make, 'holes' in affidavit

"In this case, what I've noticed is they’ve got evidence, and they’ve tried to put together the pieces of the puzzle," the California-based Lara Yeretsian told Fox News Digital. "But each and every one of the pieces of the puzzle seem to have issues and weaknesses and places where a defense attorney can poke holes."

As we continue to speculate on BK's reasoning for committing the murders, if he is guilty, this is important to emphasize. If he was trying to "commit the perfect murder," as some have speculated, he really lacked the hands on knowledge to do so effectively. The kind of work he did in his field was highly theoretical and research / writing oriented. Not to disparage this kind of work, but it's certainly very different than the training that forensic analysts, LE, or lawyers receive.

He may have had to hubris to think that he could get away with it, or alternatively, "committing the perfect murder" was not his goal or motivation.
Focusing on your last sentence, I totally agree. Most seem to think that because he studied criminal theory, he was trying to create the perfect crime. I tend to think it was something different and a lot more common. I think all thoughts of his studies flew out the window and he was acting out on his fetish. Blood and gore. So much so that I think he took pics or video while commiting the crime so he could re-live this perversion. Taking it a step further, was it a GoPro camera (or similar) that touched the wifi? moo

Bertram says: “he (Kohberger) didn’t wear gloves.” I believe that that’s something we don’t know at all now, right?
Actually, it was Giacone who is quoted saying that in the article. But he is merely speculating, most likely based on the discovery of DNA linked to BK found on the sheath. Of course, BK likely, imo, accidentally transferred his DNA to the sheath at some point before the night/day of the murders, when he was toying around with the knife and sheath in his own residence. He just missed that spot when wiping everything down before the murders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46