ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaylee had a job (maybe an internship?) lined up in Austin, TX that she was to begin in January. She had moved out of 1122 King road or was at least in the process of moving out (I'm not sure of an exact date -- maybe someone else knows?) and yes, was visiting for the weekend to show Maddie her new range rover.

Several weeks ago, a Facebook post where Kaylee was trying to sell her old car was circulating. She had mentioned in the post she was relocating to Texas, which stood out to many as something the suspect could have seen if he was stalking Kaylee's social media. Obviously, with a suspect in custody and charged, we don't know if that's the case -- but it was something discussed early on.
This is helpful, thank you!

These are just my thoughts right now on the timeline that night:

—just by chance, Xana was at the front door getting her DoorDash at the same time BK was coming in through the back sliding glass door. He goes upstairs before X comes up to the living room. Neither knows the other is there.
—Xana sits down in the living room or kitchen to eat her food and watch some TikTok. The lights are only half on.
—Xana had to have heard the same noises DM heard coming from upstairs. Maybe she also heard a man’s voice. This causes X to get up and go to her bedroom where she tells Ethan “someone is here”.
—by then BK had started down the stairs and saw Xana go toward her bedroom and followed her.
—BK and Ethan begin fighting and wrestling. That’s when the “thud” happened. Ethan is stabbed and collapses.
—Xana watches the fight and stabbing and begins crying and whimpering. BK turns his attention to her saying “I’m here to help”. He then stabs her to death.
—BK leaves.

This is just how I see it right now. I’m sure it will change.

edit: typo

Last edited:
Wouldn't he be singing like a bird if anyone else could be nailed for these crimes?

Also, I think that quote is in question. Reporter BE, who stated it in a Tweet, never provided attribution AFAIK.

I don't know anymore than has been publicly released so time will tell. But it just doesn't jive with my spidey sense.

JMHO
MOO I think he was referring to his dad.

Stalking at night, surely he saw the ladies in pjs, nighties, maybe undressing etc. sexually turning him on. It got to him more and more. Just a thought that getting into the house and his fantasies in over drive. The knife acting like his manhood he never was able to use? JUST MY OWN THINKING

Totally agree! Perhaps he didn't provide because he aided a murderer?
Yes! I am waiting to see the phone records and additional evidence, that is why I said with the evidence available now. JMO
Then he has to explain who this person he aided, he has to make a lot of other lies or explanations. It won’t match his computer record, phone record, survaliance etc, it won’t make sense. If he just gave very simple explanation like I just met him in campus or a flea market, he ask me to deliver the knife to this house and wearing all black and a black mask at 4am. I just did I did not ask why he asked me to do this. Do you think jury gonna but it?

Great catch @osu!

I found this part interesting on the article. Wasn’t it IE who honed in on the significance of stranger DNA in SM’s car in the Morphew case - to introduce SODDI? So now here we have her suggesting BK’s DNA could be in the Idaho house, yet unrelated to the crime. She can’t have it both ways.

“Eytan, the Colorado defense attorney, cautioned against a rush to judgment in the case. She said police usually put their best evidence into an arrest affidavit, and the court documents released by authorities have a lot of holes. She said there are many reasons why someone’s DNA could be present on an item in a stranger’s house — and there’s no evidence to say whether Kohberger had been to the house before.”
From my perspective it is the totality of what has been presented so far. I know the burden of proof is on the prosecution but feel the defense will have need to be able to alibi BK’s location or present a viable alternative killer, a link between the killer, BK and the victims for a jury to believe this was coincidence or a plant. To our knowledge, no other suspicious activity, cars caught on cameras etc

Wouldn't he be singing like a bird if anyone else could be nailed for these crimes?

My only question, when he got arrested why didn't he provide the name of this other person?
IMO I don't think so...guilty or innocent he invoked his Right to not speak without an attorney present as he (or anyone else) should in this situation. If someone else was involved or not telling the police at that time was not going to get him released, so IMO it would make perfect sense to hold that information and discuss with his attorney how/when to present it to LE...again with that attorney present at that time. MOO
—Xana watches the fight and stabbing and begins crying and whimpering. BK turns his attention to her saying “I’m here to help”. He then stabs her to death.
We are close in thoughts in theory, however a lil different here. If the killer would have confronted and fought with E and X was unharmed at that time I think she would have been screaming which D and maybe B would have heard that commotion. I think X was at least initially attacked before E and that the whimpering and crying because that all she could be being mortally injured, then came back to her to complete the killing IMO

Last edited:
My only question, when he got arrested why didn't he provide the name of this other person? And surely there would be phone records that LE could then talk to them. IMO, if this occurred, LE would have already investigated this angle and it didn't pan out. All MOO because you are right that we do not have all the facts and some things are still unknown. IMO, JMO
Perhaps BK and another person went there together with BK directing the murders, and BK handing over the knife once he took it out of the sheath (hence his dna). One person - BK - to restrain while one person murdered? Maybe that’s the help that was called for and received. BK could have used the survey he created to identify and then contact a willing accomplice.

I also wonder if his phone also tried to connect with the wifi at that time too. Maybe he was walking around hoping to locate the sheath.
This is what i was trying to work out - whether he returned due to knowing he left his sheath at the crime scene or whether he returned to see the outcome of his crime (police presence, news reporters etc like we know some murderers do).

I believe he went back to try and locate the sheath.
He returned pretty much exactly 5 hours after the murders took place, which in my opinion is nowhere near long enough for someone to raise the alarm considering the time of day. I imagine the majority of Uni students aren’t going to be awake and active between the hours of 4:00am and 9:12am so who was he expecting to raise the alarm about the murders for police and reporters to be there for him to watch?

Which leaves me to think that he believed there were no survivors in the house, not knowing D.M and B.F were also there that night. He returned with the intention of retrieving the sheath which he must’ve realised he no longer had when leaving the crime scene earlier that morning. Being in and around the area of the residence he also saw that no emergency service vehicles were outside the property, but stayed far away enough that his vehicle wasn’t captured on any cameras around 1122 King Road. Maybe he had the intention of going back in for the sheath but realised it was far too risky being seen in daylight/leaving more DNA by going back into the house/having to face the crime he committed a few hours before now he had come down from that initial adrenaline.

So after 9 or so minutes of thinking about what to do, he decided it was less risky to leave a sheath behind which he may have thought would leave no DNA behind due to the fact I imagine he was wearing gloves, rather than heading back inside and risking being seen/leaving more DNA.

I hope that makes sense, always sounds better in your head compared to writing it down.
As always, just my opinion. This case is so baffling even with an arrest!

Do you know of any WiFi routers which actually do this? Record the phone # which showed the wireless network as an available network.

Also, how far are the closest AT&T cell towers to the King Road residence? 1/4 mile? 1/2 mile? 1 mile?
I have had the experience of my cell phone connecting with a wi-fi network at various locations IF I have logged in with their password a previous time.

For example, dentist's office, doctor's office, library, friend's house. Even if I have done it only once before, it seems that my phone is automatically connected to their wi-fi without logging in with their password in the future, my phone automatically connects to their wi-fi if I am in that vicinity again. Even months later.

First time this happened, it surprised me. It was automatic.

I'm confused by so much attention focused on the best way to stab someone to death. Wouldn't slitting their throats (particularly if asleep?) be the optimal route to go? Now if the person was awake or there was combat taking place, I can see how some knowledge of placement would be advantageous, but not really, as precision really wouldn't be something one could expect when engaging in combat. My guess is he simply meant to slit at least one person in the throat while sleeping (likely was able to accomplish this upstairs with both girls still hopefully asleep through it all) and wasn't expecting the whole situation with X & E and it took more sheer luck and adrenaline that he was able to kill them both.

Also - quick question - has it ever been determined what X ordered from DD? Just wondering if it was a meal for one or two, which would help indicate whether or not E was up the whole time or not.

I think he wanted to go beyond just slitting their throats, though I feel he was not adequately prepared for the unplanned. otherwise, definitely an option.

With firearms, one is trained to shoot at center mass, because, in a self-preservation situation, that is the area you should fire toward (contains heart and lungs). Basic anatomy. My friend was in a knife fight when he was young (early 20s), but he didn't get any slashes on his face. All were on the torso for the most part. So bloodied, and with his shirt sliced right off of him, yet didn't know that HE had been cut until someone managed to intervene between the two. My point, they went for the most vulnerable parts, instinctively. Zero training, zero education past h.s. at the time.
-----
I think gaslighting comes naturally...to a 2 year old. "I didn't do it!" (was holding plate and now contents of plate are dumped on floor). Most of us outgrow up, with a little help from our families (Margaret Mahler called it "good enough" parenting). But some people may be impaired in this form of social learning. So many reasons why he could be this way. Pathological pretty much covers all of them.

I will mention that the "birthing hips" (like the terms "Chad" and "Stacy") are common in the incel community, as a way of negging women but also letting women know what the man thinks their main purpose in life is. Be aware though that if you go to look this up, it is an ugly rabbit hole to go down. My source is a forum I've watched off and on (incels.is) Unfortunately, they like to discuss wide hips in both men and women and how men should NOT have them, but women SHOULD have them (but they know that women don't like to be told that, IMO).

Birthing hips means "wider hips" to most people.

Most of us outgrow up, with a little help from our families (Margaret Mahler called it "good enough" parenting)

Some people never grow out of those terrible twos. Even at two, three, or four, they discover it works for them with some people. Others, it does not. Note he does not argue with the boss at the bar when he approaches him after BK calls the waitress a foul name. He simply never returns. They know.

Birthing hips means "wider hips" to most people.

I have even seen "some" women demean other women with this term, which is a term familiar to where I live, because they proudly have birthing hips, yet other women don't. Said along the lines of; I pushed my 9-pound baby out in four pushes and a deep breath, but so and so had to have X, Y, Z, drugs, and then a C-section yet her baby was only 5 1/2 pounds. Poor thing doesn't have birthing hips. Bless her heart (not said with any blessing of her heart at all). Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

This is just my personal thought, but I think BK likely knew he'd left behind the sheath long before 9am the next morning. If he thought he better go back for it, I think he would have done so while still dark. Jmo. I think he came back to see if therre was activity.

I have had the experience of my cell phone connecting with a wi-fi network at various locations IF I have logged in with their password a previous time.

For example, dentist's office, doctor's office, library, friend's house. Even if I have done it only once before, it seems that my phone is automatically connected to their wi-fi without logging in with their password in the future, my phone automatically connects to their wi-fi if I am in that vicinity again. Even months later.

This is true

However, my wifi does not travel much beyond my driveway.

Regarding the noise complaint in Sept, yes it was loud, how creepy if he was stalking and upset he wasn't part of the party and called them in?
What if he was the one who called in the noise complaint like your idea and the reason was to see how fast the cops responded? So he would know how much time he would have later when he actually did the crime?

I’m new here but have followed the threads intensely. The thing I wonder about is, how is it not one of them got off a loud scream, especially X?

Unfortunately, Hollywood would like you to believe that everybody screams when they are in danger, when the opposite is more likely.

Those that were sleeping may have woken but would have needed some time to comprehend what was happening and it was very likely too late for them to react.

Anyone who was awake would have been more focused on trying to survive and screaming doesn't come as naturally under those circumstances as you may think.

I believe the first time you log into a business's wi-fi network, an option pops up that says something like "Remember this Network." I believe you can choose YES or ONE TIME ONLY option. Most of us likely don't remember choosing YES when we do it. I always choose ONE TIME ONLY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx