ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 62

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a very tough question...with the limited facts of the case we have been gathering...but Joran Van der sloot's, father, covered / helped his criminal son. Leads one to some thinking.
Since a father covered for his son in one case that means it happened in this case?

Before I consider that I need something that points me in that direction. So far nothing says that BK's father has done anything wrong. JMO.

So if I call out a name in the waiting room, Am I violating the law?
IMO Only if you call out a full name, do they do that in the US? IME I’ve only ever heard first names called out in a waiting room. MOO

So you’re saying license plate issue raised their suspicion to the extent they thought he was the one? I think I believed that (and it was excellent work by LE to find and trace him back to a PA registration), but now I’m thinking, really? You’re going to put that much resource into tracking him back to PA based on his license plate data? (And did they have his cell pings prior to his drive home on December 14th? I can’t keep everything straight.)

tapatalk

I can't find a link to the original forum where it's believed BK wrote posts but you can google BK and visual snow and come up with some articles about it.
Visual snow? I've had that a few times... quite memorable, but I couldn't function when it happened. Usually seems to happen in situations when the back of my neck has been kinked up... I always assumed by nerve pressure. Kind of like migraine auras; I'm so happy when they go away...

I'm trying to understand this. So the victims failure to secure doors and windows will help the defendant in what way?
First of all, all 6 girls who rented this house are just that - renters. The upkeep of the house is the liability of the owner of the home and the property management company that manages the rentals. Typically, window coverings like blinds, curtains or shades are not provided by the owner or property manager. But it would be their responsibility to insure that doors and windows had working locks.

They don't have to prove he owned it.

It's his dna. How'd it get there?

He has to explain (or have evidence of) his "previously touched" story. And hope a jury buys it.
You can track a conversation by pressing the arrow which will bring you to the post I was replying and you can track that comment back to the one that preceded that.
Basically playing devils advocate on possible defense he might put forward for the sheath with his dNA being present
The first thing he might attempt to do is disown it.
Touched it somewhere but never owned it etc..

First of all, all 6 girls who rented this house are just that - renters. The upkeep of the house is the liability of the owner of the home and the property management company that manages the rentals. Typically, window coverings like blinds, curtains or shades are not provided by the owner or property manager. But it would be their responsibility to insure that doors and windows had working locks.
Thanks. What are your thoughts on how these facts can help the defendant in this case?

I'm trying to understand this. So the victims failure to secure doors and windows will help the defendant in what way?
Burglary is only burglary if someone entered the house with an intent to commit a felony. If they can't prove murder (not say they can't, just IF), and the door was unlocked or open, no burglary unless they can prove he intended to commit a felony. That is the only case where the doors being unsecured matter that I can think of.

You can track a conversation by pressing the arrow which will bring you to the post I was replying and you can track that comment back to the one that preceded that.
Basically playing devils advocate on possible defense he might put forward for the sheath with his dNA being present
The first thing he might attempt to do is disown it.
Touched it somewhere but never owned it etc..
Touch DNA is also called Transfer DNA for a reason: DNA Transfer in Forensic Science: Recent Progress towards Meeting Challenges

The affidavit says they used trash from his father's house which is familial DNA. Last page.

"OnDecember27,2022, Pennsylvania Agents recovered the trash from the Kohberger family residence located in Albrightsville ,PA.That evidence was sent to the Idaho State Lab for testing.On December 28,2022,the Idaho State Lab reported that a DNA profile obtained from
the trash andthe DNA profile obtained from the sheath,identified a male as not being excluded as the biological father ofSuspect Profile.At least 99.9998% ofthe male population would be expected to be excluded from the possibility of being the suspect's biological father."
That's not the genetic DNA using GEDMatch databases that the articles and the poster I was responding to are talking about and I think you know that. There is some controversy about using the databases, there has never been any controversy about using DNA collected from trash.

ETA:
But I did say I was open to correction and you're right. I should have said "genealogy DNA databases" instead of just "familial DNA" to avoid any confusion.

Last edited:
IMO, It's a violation only if health information was disclosed or it was a behavior health visit.
Definitely not. Any disclosure of someone’s PHI - including attending an appointment - ESPECIALLY to a reporter!!!! Violates HIPAA privacy laws and is a HIPAA violation. And the receptionist knew that which is why she didn’t disclose her information.

So you’re saying that the license plate issue raised their suspicion to the extent they thought he was the one? I think I believed that (and it was excellent work by LE to find and trace him back to a PA registration), but now I’m thinking, really? You’re going to put that much resource into tracking him back to PA based on his license plate data? (And did they have his cell pings prior to his drive home on December 14th? I can’t keep everything straight.)
Yes. I have read or heard they had multiple vids of that car being close to the house, date & times, etc. It stuck out because of the missing front plate. That narrowed things down considerably. (In regards to coming up with a viable suspect to further investigate.) JMO.

Burglary is only burglary if someone entered the house with an intent to commit a felony. If they can't prove murder (not say they can't, just IF), and the door was unlocked or open, no burglary unless they can prove he intended to commit a felony. That is the only case where the doors being unsecured matter that I can think of.
So you're saying if the victims left doors unsecured that will not help the defendant in this case.

If I got this wrong let me know.

I keep getting confused about how they tracked BK to his parents’ house in PA. I understand that the WSU cops saw his car, traced it, found that it had just been titled with WA state and given front/rear WA plates. I get that they found that his prior registration was PA. I get that PA has rear plates only and video on the night of the murders showed an Elantra with a single plate.

I get that cops got DNA from trash at BKs dad’s house which connected BKs DNA with a 99.998% probable match to his dad.

But how did they connect BK to being in PA for Xmas? I don’t believe his car was tailed or surveilled by air. I don't think they had the DNA connection made yet, thus he wasn’t apprehended prior to his trip to PA.

Sometimes I think I’ve connected those dots and then at other times I’m befuddled. I don’t think it’s fact that they used the genealogy databases to connect BK to the home in PA before Xmas.

How did they track him to the Kohberger family home in PA? This is driving me crazy.
Maybe listening or tracking devices or video of him packing his vehicle? JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member