ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an interesting point you bring up that most mass murders aren't inside home when not a family annihilation. I hadn't thought about that.

I would agree with the "snapped" theory if it didn't appear that he was stalking at least one of the victims prior. Being in the immediate area of the house 12 times in the previous few months, to me, is escalating behavior rather than just a "snapped" scenario.

A person can be a stalker without being a murderer, thankfully. So, BK apparently stalked his victims (but we don't know how many people he stalked altogether).

He saw them several times without killing them. Thought about killing them (and others), no doubt. Had to be thinking about murder, because he was studying it.

The "he snapped" theory merely explains the night and time he chose. Since he believed in Rational Choice Theory perhaps it was entire based on choosing the so-called Witching Hour (4-5 am), and a night when the moon had set and it was darker outside. Perhaps a street light was malfunctioning or caused to malfunction earlier.

If fantasizing about (and keeping himself from committing) murder was his main mental preoccupation, perhaps his discipline and Rational Choosing became derailed.

Or, it's possible he viewed himself as stone cold rational that night.

SPECULATION. JMO.

She also told them he scheduled a routine follow up for the spring semester. I do not work in healthcare so I will defer to you but that seems like it MUST be a violation

I was totally shocked that this was NOT the Daily Mail

Depends on the facility, of course. Have $$ in your commissary account? You can afford adequate+ grooming items. And it's jail, lots of time to kill, so amount of time allowed for hygiene is usually more than sufficient. They have to do something with you 24-7.
An inmate is not given unlimited unsupervised time with any sharp object, whether higher quality or jail-issued. JS.

JMO
MOO

How do you bruise your neck while shaving???
What some are supposing may be a bruise might not be a bruise at all but if it is a bruise, he may have come by it legitimately while exercising. As he is allowed 1 hr per day to use a pull-up bar and a dip bar. I'm presuming the dip bar is exercise equipment and not something with ranch and blue cheese along side baby carrots, celery and broccoli. moo

"Kohberger will reportedly have access to a library that has a selection of books as well as a pull-up bar and a dip bar, and a small rec yard, all of which are constantly monitored. Inmates are allowed an hour a day in either or a combination of both...." Inside Idaho suspect's Latah County jail cell

"Twenty-one inmates, including accused killer Bryan Kohberger, were housed in the Latah County Jail as of Friday afternoon. Kohberger is in his own cell..." Kohberger housed in small jail with mix of alleged criminals

She also told them he scheduled a routine follow up for the spring semester. I do not work in healthcare so I will defer to you but that seems like it MUST be a violation

I argued that the receptionist did not violate HIPAA because she did not give out medical information but I did not see your quote.

What the receptionist says here is really pushing the envelope. Sounds like she is disclosing a routine physical which could cross the line and she shouldn't disclose his future appointments.

She should be fired.

Is it possible BK mentioned his doctor's Appt to his Defense Team and said, "Call and verify I went to my appt. and there were no scratches or wounds" The Defense team then asked the receptionists if it was ok to leak it to the media? Can they do that legally? It creates DOUBT in the public eye. It gets their narrative out there in the media, to create discussion.
Yes, if someone tells you something about another person's health condition, you can talk about it...legally. HIPAA is in place to prevent providers from sharing your protected health information (PHI). Granted, what the receptionist did was illegal, but the knowledge is out and the defense team is under no obligation under HIPAA to keep that information private since they are not a provider's office. I hope that makes sense.

That was a good podcast episode, as was the next one with another defense attorney. Despite what a few people here say in claiming the PCA was weak, they both think it's very strong, that it easily met its burden even without the DNA evidence, and which only makes it stronger. They think there will be a strong prosecution case, and that his attorney's main goal will probably be to save his life from execution. They brought up that the defense may try to suppress some of the evidence in the PCA but that they likely won't succeed.

They also gave some good insight into things I at least haven't considered. Like, those previous 12 drive-bys, could any of them been actually an aborted murder attempt rather than simply casing?
I think they might have been. It could have taken him a while to get his nerve up. He is a coward who could only approach a sleeping victim If he followed them home and had observed who was in the car, could he not have made a good guess on where some bedrooms were located by just watching to see where lights were turned on after they entered the house?
Just a thought…waiting to see if BK will loose a bunch of weight…and turn into a tall waif by the time trial starts…lowered in his chair (as many defendants do).
He may be just worn ragged by the assaults he faces in jail? I don't see him as very likeable, but guess his knowledge of the cj system might spare him some maltreatment. He will probably let his hair grow out enough to be expertly styled, get some nice suits, maybe have two or three text books stacked up beside him to remind the jury he was a phD candidate. These guys don't work on the cheap. Who is paying this man?

Can you provide the link about that? I had not read that, would like to see the article that was from. If she did not give out actual health or personal information, it was legal, unless laws have changed recently. Do you work in HIM?
Thank you.

She gave out his name, TIME OF VISIT, and her version of his mental health status (chipper, cheerful, charming) and also said that her boss (the doctor?) concurred. Charming, she said her boss said.

Chatty, she says. Hmm.

You know what I think in that case? Perhaps his speech is pressured. Maybe he's too voluble. Charming? That's a symptom categorized in DSM, etc. These are mental health statements and she had no right to tell the reporter these things (and someone called the reporter - apparently the receptionist).

Sounds like she remembered his chatty behavior (as so many others have done) because it was unusual?

MOO.

The receptionist at the office, who declined to give her name because discussing the interaction might violate medical privacy laws, said Kohberger's behavior prompted her boss to comment.

"'She said, 'He's so nice and charming' — she never says that about anybody," the receptionist told Insider. "I was like, 'Yeah, he really was.'"
'He's so nice and charming': Bryan Kohberger beguiled medical staff 4 days after quadruple killing in Idaho

Gonna go out on a limb here and say this receptionist got a very stern talking to at the very least.

Sorry, but I do not know what she said that was bad... she said he was charming, nothing wrong with that and 100% legal.
Do you work in HIM?

"Covered hospitals and other covered health care providers can use a facility directory to inform visitors or callers about a patient’s location in the facility and general condition".

As I understand it, the problem with it is that she shouldn’t have said it, ‘bad’ or ‘good.’

An inmate is not given unlimited unsupervised time with any sharp object, whether higher quality or jail-issued. JS.

JMO
MOO

Agree. In the nicest jail I visited, there was no privacy whatsoever in the shower room (it was in the dining room; the men shaved and bathed with a half wall in front of them and the shower heads were probably 10 feet from the first of several concrete tables where inmates dine).

They were on CCTV from every angle while in the open area and on CCTV in their cells, with specially trained personnel (often non-uniformed people) watching them, with a uniformed guard assigned to the overall supervision of each pod (that person also had access to the CCTV footage).

Sorry, but I do not know what she said that was bad... she said he was charming, nothing wrong with that and 100% legal.
Do you work in HIM?

"Covered hospitals and other covered health care providers can use a facility directory to inform visitors or callers about a patient’s location in the facility and general condition".

"The patient must be informed about the information to be included in the directory, and to whom the information may be released, and must have the opportunity to restrict the information or to whom it is disclosed, or opt out of being included in the directory."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx