ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tha
Here's a good link for newcomers, it's about Websleuths lingo and acronyms (won't help you with the name acronyms, but is very helpful otherwise):

This one means "deleted by me." Useful in case of a duplicate submissions (which can sometimes be avoided by using the option dots and choosing Drafts/Delete Draft).
Thanks. DBM isn't listed, so ty for explaing what it is.

Maybe the judge will rule on that. It sounds like evidence covered by the gag order (IANAL). Not encouraging. It kind of looks like this defense attorney wants to try their case in the news media.

THat was my first impression unless the receptionist contacted the media on her own not asked or paid to do so by BK's defense team. I would hope his attorney would not stoop this low, but...

Is it possible BK mentioned his doctor's Appt to his Defense Team and said, "Call and verify I went to my appt. and there were no scratches or wounds" The Defense team then asked the receptionists if it was ok to leak it to the media? Can they do that legally? It creates DOUBT in the public eye. It gets their narrative out there in the media, to create discussion.

But this will be tried in court, not in the public eye or social media. Ultimately, it doesn't matter what the public feels the hands of a murderer should look like, they have no knowledge of the subtle nuances of the investigation, nor should they.

That's an interesting point you bring up that most mass murders aren't inside home when not a family annihilation. I hadn't thought about that.

I would agree with the "snapped" theory if it didn't appear that he was stalking at least one of the victims prior. Being in the immediate area of the house 12 times in the previous few months, to me, is escalating behavior rather than just a "snapped" scenario.
It could as easily have been the house that he was stalking, his desire being to kill 4 and the stalking being an effort to estimate viability for entry, times, etc..

This item is interesting:

• "Provide to the defendant all documents pertaining to the existence and substance of any payments, promises of leniency, preferential treatment or other inducements or threats made to prospective witnesses."
All these discovery requests are standard, the PD has a form that covers every possibility. The use of this form does not suggest they know something we don't about co-defendants and possible plea deals with them.

I’m gonna guess that jail razors aren’t exactly top of the line complete with 6 blades and moisturizing strips….plus I’m also guessing the time one would be given to perform grooming is not equal to the time one takes when at home.
Not exactly sure how all that works.
I would also add he is possibly jittery - I wouldn't blame solely the blunt razor.

He seemed less arrogant than in the 1st mugshot.

Maybe not so sure of being "exonerated" after all?

JMO

But this will be tried in court, not in the public eye or social media. Ultimately, it doesn't matter what the public feels the hands of a murderer should look like, they have no knowledge of the subtle nuances of the investigation, nor should they.

No jury members should follow the media but it could taint a local jury selection, hopefully not the case!

I’m gonna guess that jail razors aren’t exactly top of the line complete with 6 blades and moisturizing strips….plus I’m also guessing the time one would be given to perform grooming is not equal to the time one takes when at home.
Depends on the facility, of course. Have $$ in your commissary account? You can afford adequate+ grooming items. And it's jail, lots of time to kill, so amount of time allowed for hygiene is usually more than sufficient. They have to do something with you 24-7.

Whether it's something bad is a matter of opinion, but privacy doesn't apply only when you say something bad. And she was not responding, she called the media, they didn't call her.
Can you provide the link about that? I had not read that, would like to see the article that was from. If she did not give out actual health or personal information, it was legal, unless laws have changed recently. Do you work in HIM?
Thank you.

Someone posted this excellent webpage on what jail razors are like (from horrible to better - but some may be available only at prison commissaries):

I'm guessing he has the least effective one, at the top.

To plead not guilty means the defense thinks another person or persons committed the crimes. It is helpful to the defense if they can suggest to the jury who else might have done it. BK already said it could be fraternity students.

The defense has to proceed as if someone else committed the murders which they are doing. Because BK is charged with the murders anyone else the defense accuses would technically be BK's co-defendant.

BK immediately upon arrest asked if anyone else was arrested, he needs to make it look like there is someone else out there who did it.

Already there is media buzz about a "mystery" co-defendant. This is what the defense wants, get potential jurors to think someone else is roaming around out there and they committed the murders.

Defense lawyers get around gag orders by filing accusations in Motions that the public sees. I have seen this happen many times. Sometimes the prosecution asks for a Motion to be sealed, like if the Motion identifies a specific witness or a minor, etc...

Before a recent trial I followed the defense filed all kinds of Motions the media wrote about that said their client didn't shoot anyone, that his co-defendant who turned State's evidence was a liar and "crazy," that there were witnesses who said other people did the crimes, that the defendant wasn't being treated fairly and so on and so forth.

2 Cents

I must have missed BK saying fraternity students could have committed this crime. Can you direct me where to locate this statement?tyia

Can you provide the link about that? I had not read that, would like to see the article that was from. If she did not give out actual health or personal information, it was legal, unless laws have changed recently. Do you work in HIM?
Thank you.

Link for what? I don't if it was illegal, I'm saying that it should be fireable.

Sorry, but I do not know what she said that was bad... she said he was charming, nothing wrong with that and 100% legal.
Do you work in HIM?

"Covered hospitals and other covered health care providers can use a facility directory to inform visitors or callers about a patient’s location in the facility and general condition".

She also told them he scheduled a routine follow up for the spring semester. I do not work in healthcare so I will defer to you but that seems like it MUST be a violation

No, it is not. At least it wasn't when I was working medical office/hospital. I have a degree in HIM.
Can you please site your source? Is this new within the last few years with AHIMA?

Quote: "
Is it a HIPAA violation to say someone is your patient?
What HIPAA says: Location and general health status (i.e., directory information) can be disclosed if the requester identifies the patient by name unless the patient has objected to such disclosures."
You are correct and then there is also the HITECH Act to address some gaps in HIPAA.

Thank you.
I think it will also depend on the treatment contract. Many doctor offices assure you of confidentiality in your intake paperwork. Mine did. Most professional services are confidential.

I mean, does anyone expect - legal or not - that if they went to the doctor, the receptionist could call the local newspaper and report on your issues? Should the receptionist at an OBGYN be allowed to call a patient's spouse, parents, school and report a visit that could be sensitive without permission? That's why there is usually confidentiality on top of any legally required records issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD1908