ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She gave out his name, TIME OF VISIT, and her version of his mental health status (chipper, cheerful, charming) and also said that her boss (the doctor?) concurred. Charming, she said her boss said.

Chatty, she says. Hmm.

You know what I think in that case? Perhaps his speech is pressured. Maybe he's too voluble. Charming? That's a symptom categorized in DSM, etc. These are mental health statements and she had no right to tell the reporter these things (and someone called the reporter - apparently the receptionist).

Sounds like she remembered his chatty behavior (as so many others have done) because it was unusual?

MOO.
Yeah, she broke the #1 HIPAA rule by giving out his name or at least confirming he was a patient there.

1673561507442.png

It wouldn't be a bruise, it would be a cut. They can look like what you think is a bruise.

But maybe it's a hickey?

He gave himself a hickey? He didn't have it last time. I don't think it looks at all like a cut or a scrape. It's a finger-shaped bruise as if he grabbed his face from underneath to make himself look in the mirror.

SPECULATION. But what I see is not a scrape and I'm pretty sure I know my cuts and scrapes. It's also not a shadow, as he moves around enough in the video that you can see it's a stable feature of today's Neck of BK.

Are you suggesting he has unsupervised roughhousing and intimate time with another inmate??? I don't think he can give himself a hickey, in any case.

MOO.

I guess because the apartment and computer searches evidence is still sealed?
At various points in the evolution of this case, I've had the nagging feeling that BK may have had a confidant as he planned the killings. My spidey sense was piqued initially when BTK's daughter made her statement to the media about a potential connection between BK and her father. And again when BK's reddit survey, which would have put him into direct contact with people with criminal records, made the rounds on the internet. Most recently, the disclosure that BK had been active on the Tapatalk visual snow forum for an extended period as a high schooler made me wonder if, at some point, he met someone online who gradually insinuated him/herself into BK's life with nefarious intent and over time helped groom him into a killer.

I think the probability is low, but I'm keeping it on my board for now. Especially given BK's post-arrest inquiry about whether LE had arrested anyone else, the discovery request for statements of a co-defendant, and LE's request to keep the search warrants sealed for another ~2 months.

Good, I love it. I hope it's from on of his victim's fingernails.The one along his jaw is a nasty looking scrape. If not from victims, maybe from some unwilling "love making" he endured in jail.

Well, he didn't have it when he was in court last time nor do we see it in the pictures of him in transit - and it was already more than a month after the murders.

IMO.

This makes me strongly curious as why WHY he thinks there's a co-defendant when there has been no public mention of one by LE...
I wonder if this mysterious potential co-defendant is the reason why LE asked to seal record temporarily in order to not damage the investigation. Maybe LE is watching someone else but doesn’t have enough for an arrest yet but doesn’t want to spook them??? MOO

Next up. "I knew Kohberger in pre K". Film at 11. JMO
IMO, if the prosecution is planning to use any of these "out-of-the-woodwork" "I-knew-him-when" people and their input as witnesses to motive or state of mind, etc, the defense will have to be informed (per the discovery request) as to if they were paid, how much they were paid, and who paid them for their 15 minutes. Q: and just how much were you paid for your recollection of this lunchroom encounter with the defendant back in the first grade? A: $250.00.

jmo

Purely IMO but for her 15 minutes of fame. Sad. All she can say is he was bullied almost 20 years ago. If she’s had no contact in 20 years I see no relevance really.
Thanks. If somebody had significant info, I understand, but I've been so puzzled about all of these people contacting LE who didn't have, as far as I can tell, heavy relevant and important info about BK.

Seems like those 15 minutes of fame matter to a lot of people, which really is sad.

Well, he didn't have it when he was in court last time nor do we see it in the pictures of him in transit - and it was already more than a month after the murders.

IMO.
You are so right. <Modsnip: info not mentioned in article linked>

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn’t aware that BK through his attorney made these requests today at his hearing.

Kohberger and his defense team also filed a request for discovery this week, asking among other things for information about a "co-defendant" in the case.

The probable cause affidavit does not identify a co-defendant and authorities have not suggested that Kohberger may have had an accomplice when he allegedly murdered Madison Mogen, 21; Kaylee Goncalves, 21; Xana Kernodle, 20; and Ethan Chapin, 20.
<edited by myself for clarification>

Last edited:
Thanks. If somebody had significant info, I understand, but I've been so puzzled about all of these people contacting LE who didn't have, as far as I can tell, heavy relevant and important info about BK.

Seems like those 15 minutes of fame matter to a lot of people, which really is sad.

Well, contacting LE is absolutely the right thing to do—that’s what LE has begged for them to do.

Contacting the news, nope.

MOO

"The patient must be informed about the information to be included in the directory, and to whom the information may be released, and must have the opportunity to restrict the information or to whom it is disclosed, or opt out of being included in the directory."
Yes that is typically done when you are admitted. Patient can opt to not have that info disclosed. But HIPAA still always applies.

I think those requests are all just standard at this juncture. There won't be much or (maybe) anything in some of those categories.

IME. So, IMO as a forensic anthropologist who has followed a lot of trials in various states.

Edited to add a "maybe" and clarify my source (my own experience and reading lots of cases).
I'm thinking they might just be "planting seeds" for possible use in any future appeal.

I hope you're not getting all that from the word "co-defendant" in the pleading, because that is just boilerplate wording.
Is it boilerplate? I'm not an attorney but sincerely would like to know how standard this language is. The boilerplate language that I found online for a public defender's initial discovery request includes exhaustive language on government witnesses but never makes mention of a co-defendant:

Appendix B (Boilerplate Discovery Letter).docxhttps://waw.fd.org › sites › waw.fd.org › files › A...

Okay I have an entirely new theory now. This is all MOO, etc.

Since we found out about his Reddit survey, I've questioned whether he might have been looking for people like him. Did he ultimately want to create a community or a partnership?

So then we find out the search warrant is sealed. I believe BK is guilty but I have also racked my brain trying to figure out what could be a threat to LEO and public safety other than another involved party.

I still wasn't ready to really consider an accomplice until I saw this today.

Yes, BK could be playing games. I truly do feel like this has been the culmination of a game for him.

But then I consider how fast everything happened. We don't even know what time the car was parked. It was still moving at 0404.

What if there were two people and one was circling around watching for the other to come out of the house?
Do you all think that some the cameras can tell if there is just 1 person in the car vs 2 people in the car?

I must have missed BK saying fraternity students could have committed this crime. Can you direct me where to locate this statement?tyia

So I researched this and I thought I read this in MSM but the only information I can find on it is not credible so please discount my post. There is no evidence BK blamed a fraternity unless someone sees it quoted by a reliable source in MSM.

Apparently an anonymous person posted on Facebook that a fraternity could have committed the murders. Then there has been speculation that BK is this specific poster.

Hardly credible information so please ignore this information. My apologies, thank you for bringing it up.

Just jumping of your post, not you directly. :)

I'm so sick of reading about poor bullied BK. There's millions of kids, adults, black, brown, white, male and female all over the world that have suffered at the hands of a bully, that in no way causes a person to go out and and murder four innocent victims.

I think he thinks of himself as special, entitled, the smartest guy in the room. Losing weight and getting into shape didn't seem to bring the desired effect he was seeking. He was still a guy that creeped women out IMO.

MOO
Agreed. He's moved on from his "eager to be exonerated" phase to his "woe is me eating prison vegan food and shaving with dull razors" phase.

Probably but honestly, sixth grade love interest? FFS. I just don’t really see the relevance. He liked her and she wasn’t interested. They were 11…

Seems like someone just wants their 10 minutes of fame.
The case has generated so much interest that it seems that people who barely knew him or knew him 15-20 years ago are wanting to get their 2 cents in (IMO, worth 2 cents at the most :)) and be "important" through being talked about in the media.

It would be great, however, if some people with really helpful information popped up. But, then, how could we actually trust it since it's just 1 person's recollection from a long time ago . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member