ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 63

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question related to getting inside his head as to why did this happen / what was he thinking.

Was he not worried at all that someone in the house might have a gun for self defense?
Don’t bring a knife to a gun fight, etc.

The knife is such a strange element of choice - very personal and also very risky in so many ways.

Thoughts?
Element of surprise. Night attack on people presumably asleep after a night of partying. Young, vulnerable female victims he had observed/stalked (+ unexpected male who could have been a game changer in a different scenario). Sliding door easy entry. House layout online. Party house open to friends & unvetted strangers a lot.

I don't find the use of a Ka-Bar knife odd at all. I think he was obsessed with the exact scenario he carried out.

Some have suggested that moving across country away from family & familiar environment was an influencer. We know he wasted no time in working toward his goal once he was living in Pullman.

Risk? He weighed it & the desire to commit the crimes was more compelling than to merely fantasize about it.

I don't think a gun was likely to be available or prove useful to the victims in this scenario. I don't think anyone in the house when the crimes were committed ever seriously thought about self-defense being an issue in that home. Why should they?

moo

Last edited:
Agree. Young women see a GYN for birth control and pap tests.
I speak from personal experience. There are certain types of prescription drugs that require you to be seen by a doctor before a prescription refill will be authorized. There are also doctors who will not refill certain types of drugs, if you have not been seen at least once in six months. Then, there are other types of drugs that the doctor requires you to be seen EVERY MONTH in order to get a refill. In my onion, BCK may have needed a refill of a prescription and it required him to be seen by a doctor.

MOD REMINDER:

As the weekend approaches, please keep in mind the sensitive nature of this case.

Prior to creating a post, think to yourself the following things: is it important and relevant to this case, does it productively add to the discussion and does it comply with the rules of this site?

We appreciate all new and veteran members joining/participating in the discussion. Taking the time to read the rules of this site helps us tremendously! The link can be found in my signature.

Thanks a ton!

Mad

He looks like he is enjoying looking calm & collected. Also playing the part of not being reactive to what’s being said or what’s going on around him.

He can’t plead insanity based on his demeanour.
We have only seen such short glimpses of BK so I don't have a good read on him. IIRC, Idaho does not have a "not guilty by reason of insanity" option. But even so, he could try to sway the jury. All JMO.

He obviously was dry shaving. They must not give him shaving lotion. I did that to one of my legs and it had scratches like that all over it. But I haven't figured out the bruises yet. Did he try to suffocate himself by grabbing his windpipe or to cut off the blood supply in his neck?
I don't understand why the shaving is such a topic. Am I missing something?

Beside BK there is sitting his lawyer: female, long, straight, blonde hair - just like 2 of BK's 4 November-victims (and the spared roommate). Odd to see, IMO. :(
I think him having a female lawyer at all is weird and icky. IMO. Just gives me the <modsnip> for lack of a better term

If he is struggling with suicidal thoughts or trying to hurt himself, the staff where he is being held will know how to deal with it, and [...]
BBM I don't see him doing that, his whole thing is being cooool calm collected.

Last edited by a moderator:

The bruises look like someone grabbed him by the neck.
This is a TMZlink of a photo taken, I presume from the police video shot when BK's car was pulled over In Indiana. I did not add the red circles. The image is the way I found it. Injuries apparent in vicinity of both wrists/left hand..
[URLhttps://www.tmz.com/2023/01/05/bryan-kohberger-fbi-tracking-instructed-indiana-police-traffic-stops/ unfurl="true"]FBI Reportedly Told Indiana Cops to Pull Over Bryan Kohberger and His Dad

An inmate is not given unlimited unsupervised time with any sharp object, whether higher quality or jail-issued. JS.

JMO
Some states have stalking laws now—California for one—but it took an actress getting killed for it to become law. Need a federal law. IMO
IMO, California has the strictest stalking laws in effect due to the death of Rebecca Schaefer from My Sister Sam.

I personally dont believe being rejected is bullying.

"
Kohberger, then a chubby, awkward misfit, would become relentless in his pursuit, repeatedly leaving love letters in her locker and telling her he liked her, according to the mom.

'He would always say, "Oh Kim, I think you're very pretty." Just like weird comments. And she'd say, "Oh my God, leave me alone."

Kenely would eventually tell Kohberger to buzz off, breaking his heart.

IMO, that’s normal grade school kid crap. Bullying is harassing, threatening, pushing, intimidating. It can be verbal, emotional and/or physical just like abuse. I see bullying and abuse on the same continuum.

:oops:
'I studied under Katherine Ramsland as well. We took a really interesting class there called psychological sleuthing where you basically enter the mind of a killer'
IMO, posting this stuff is like crucifying a suspect before the trial even starts. They will be found guilty in the court of public opinion before the actual trial. I despise this sensational journalism.Nowdays, the general public is so manipulated and motivated by sensational journalism, that no one will get a fair trial. This is just BS

IMO, prisons have infirmaries. If he needs antidepressants or medications, he will get them, maybe not Benzodiazepines because they are a controlled substance.
Have a friend who just got out of prison in a neighboring state. He was in there for a few years, and he got controlled meds prescribed to him in there. It all depends. (speculation, opinion)

IMHO
The anecdote above shows that Bryan did not respect boundaries. Being awkward isn't an excuse for pursuing someone "relentlessly" after being told "no".
This girl Kim is not responsible for how Bryan "feels". She did not "break his heart". How Bryan copes with his emotions is his own responsibility, no matter how upset he gets at the world. His "impulse control" is his own responsibility.

I also saw an account that Bryan was bullied. This is certainly possible, but I haven't seen a source that expounds upon that. Being rejected by Kim was not a bullying event in itself, IMHO.
IMO, he was in the sixth grade"………….

IMO, posting this stuff is like crucifying a suspect before the trial even starts. They will be found guilty in the court of public opinion before the actual trial. I despise this sensational journalism.Nowdays, the general public is so manipulated and motivated by sensational journalism, that no one will get a fair trial. This is just BS
I do agree with you on sensational journalism...when I sometimes make an effort to study the content beyond the headline, I find much of what I read in the mainstream poorly edited, poorly researched, and often containing journalistic inaccuracies (ie wrong/ignorant word use, implying opinion is fact). MOO but I think it is useful to read these articles and infact ALL NEWS carefully and with our critical thinking hats on.

I think he wanted to hurt ALL women with these people representing all women to him.
In my opinion, Terrorism was his goal, he wanted women as a whole to hurt. He hated women because they wouldnt bow to his demands.
IMO no doubt…….

yeah, i dont understand the shaving being such a topic, it's definitely not anyone harassing/hurting him in jail at this point whatsoever. if someone did, they'd likely do much more damage than that, you know?
He's a germiphobe. Maybe he doesn't want the water on his face near his mouth or eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MandyLynn1109