ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question related to getting inside his head as to why did this happen / what was he thinking.

Was he not worried at all that someone in the house might have a gun for self defense?
Don’t bring a knife to a gun fight, etc.

The knife is such a strange element of choice - very personal and also very risky in so many ways.

Thoughts?
My thoughts are that a sharp strong knife can be a quiet, quick and very intimate murder weapon choice for a person who may seem fascinated with "how it feels when you are committing a serious crime".. And, as such a murderer, plunging it into sleeping people gives the intimacy with greatly reduced personal risk.

MOO

My thoughts are that a sharp strong knife can be a quiet, quick and very intimate murder weapon choice for a person who may seem fascinated with "how it feels when you are committing a serious crime".. And, as such a murderer, plunging it into sleeping people gives the intimacy with greatly reduced personal risk.

MOO
Agreed - and - that’s also where the risk comes in too - what if everyone is not sleeping? (and they were not all sleeping - door dash delivery etc)
And very good point about the personal/intimate factor - I agree.

Knife is obviously much more silent, debatably more effective, possibly more personably satisfying for him, less easily traceable, cheaper—what else?
Agreed - but where I stumble is that it was such a risky choice.
Maybe in a house where 1-2 people lived less risky.
But 6? So much risk that not all were sleeping or had other modes of protection or just sheer numbers -

Some I've read comepare a knive to a phallic symbol. If he were an incelI, filled with rage toward women at what he saw as his involuntary celibacy, his knife choice may have had sexual meaning to him. have a question related to getting inside his head as to why did this happen / what was he thinking.

Was he not worried at all that someone in the house might have a gun for self defense?
Don’t bring a knife to a gun fight, etc.

The knife is such a strange element of choice - very personal and also very risky in so many ways.

Thoughts?
This is a ""TMZ"" link. It is from the Indiana police officer who stopped BK's car. It opens to show bK with apparent injury to outter right wrist, and to left top of hand at juncture with wrist, inside aspect. I did NOT add the red circles.It is as I found it in a google image search.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed - but where I stumble is that it was such a risky choice.
Maybe in a house where 1-2 people lived less risky.
But 6? So much risk that not all were sleeping or had other modes of protection or just sheer numbers -

Right—I overlooked that part of your question. We don’t know his motivation. Is it possible that he thought college kids would be less likely to sleep with a ‘mode of protection’ within reach?

Or thought that a house of girls would be no match for him?

I suspect that his driving around the house was because he was waiting till the lights went out, and people all asleep. Or almost all. Not sure how the Door Dash visit fits in with that, though. Maybe his target WAS Maddie, upstairs.

"He complied right away," says a police source who was part of the extradition process. "He knew exactly why he had been arrested. There was no 'What did I do?' There wasn't any 'You've got the wrong guy.'"

And that's how he looks like in court too, he looks like he knows he should be there. He doesn't look like at all like somebody unjustly accused of such a heinous act.

I sincerely hope he is on heavy suicide watch because he strikes me as the kind of person who would commit suicide to spare his family the scrutiny of a trial and in turn deny the victim's families justice.
He obviously was dry shaving. They must not give him shaving lotion. I did that to one of my legs and it had scratches like that all over it. But I haven't figured out the bruises yet. Did he try to suffocate himself by grabbing his windpipe or to cut off the blood supply in his neck?

He obviously was dry shaving. They must not give him shaving lotion. I did that to one of my legs and it had scratches like that all over it. But I haven't figured out the bruises yet. Did he try to suffocate himself by grabbing his windpipe or to cut off the blood supply in his neck?
If he is struggling with suicidal thoughts or trying to hurt himself, the staff where he is being held will know how to deal with it, and I think it will come out if so. As someone just posted he may be wearing a "stun belt" that allows the guards/LE to zap him if he gets physical (with himself or someone else). Could be real (his distress at being captive for what's looking like at least 6 months until trial) and it could be fake (him trying to elicit sympathy and/or insinuate or make accusations about being mishandled/brutality to add to the sh*&#show). JMOO

Why does DM have to supply address/telephone number etc - can't all liasons be through legal channels and not directly between DM and BK's representatives. Is this actually a mandate that she has to follow??? It seems really a unsafe proceedure involving witnesses etc. MOO
His legal defense has a right to their information. Hopefully, his public defender wouldn't share DM's contact info with their client, in case he does get out of jail. However, he does have the right to "face" his accusers in a court of law. So, yes, that means his public defender could question all witnesses, but he would not be able to question them directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tased×20