ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The killings is the thrill. Thing that makes his jaw clench. Makes him feel like a real-man, when he is just a coward. Years of education, should have taught him that. But, honestly, not sure that bullying has anything to do with vicious murders. The cross-wired brain, may be the answer, to those bullied or not. The brain is not functioning, except as a fiends'.
<modsnip: personalizing/offering diagnosis> I think BK began to see others, maybe more so women, or his parents, or peers, or siblings as objects, and certainly in many ways himself above them.
The paradox is that he seemed to struggle with self esteem issues. So his ability to harm others he perceived to be ’better’ than himself- made him ’better’ ??
Maybe attempting to rationally think through a motive is not possible.

What is ironic, is how anger toward him for these murders could allow me to justify him no longer being human- but instead a monster. In a sense I’ve done the same to him. Is that ok? No, to me it is troubling

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe, as I half-jokingly suggested when we saw the Indiana State Police pull overs, he's going to try and weave the Pullman shooter ( 13th December?) into the case. PTSD, verteran , ex marine iirc ( Suicide by cop)
The shooting event at WSU took place on the 14th and was widely reported (link 1 and 2) on the 15th, therefore coinciding with BK and his father's trip to PA.

This guy was the lone killer IMO and he better not get off because he is a danger to society! Don’t these people know how DNA works? So annoying!

Getting ready to watch a trial (unless the 4th defendant takes a plea, which I doubt that he will) where there was zero DNA found at the scene. So far, one took a plea for 30 years, one took a plea for LWOP, and one was convicted at trial; LWOP. I'm guessing #4 will be as well. The two with pleas had to agree to testify against the other two family members at trial. These folks had no law enforcement education background, murdered eight people, and it took nearly 2 1/2 years to make arrests.

I say that to say this, if there was another individual involved, they'd not necessarily have to leave DNA behind. I don't see how a 2nd person would aid BK's defense. He can still very well be convicted of murdering four people and sentenced to either death or LWOP, as could a 2nd person, if only for their participation, in for example, driving the car.

IF, and I'm not saying there is but IF, there is a 2nd person, do you think BK would let them get off the hook? Especially if the person is someone who he feels is not equal or superior to him. Someone he manipulated. I don't think BK is afraid at all. I feel he may be anxious as to what lies ahead, but he is in the spotlight and probably will be for years to come. All eyes are on the once chubby kid who was told to go away. He might go to prison, but his case will live on.

<snipped for brevity>

Totally agree that if he does write a book, his end goal will not be about the money. Guessing his goal would be more about fame and being seen as "important". Also, guessing he'd want to show people his intellect and the depths of his evil, criminal mind and his distorted thinking.
My fear is that if he writes a book, somebody might buy movie rights to it and I can't fathom the families of the victims having to be be tortured by such a movie. MOO

Unfortunately, a film/book deal may already be in the works. Like the Rhoden/Gilley murders, if they do turn this into a major book and movie deal, I do hope they keep the focus, firmly on the four students, with only glimpses of BK and his motivation(s), and not give him the publicity that I feel he would like to have.

The shooting event at WSU took place on the 14th and was widely reported (link 1 and 2) on the 15th, therefore coinciding with BK and his father's trip to PA.
yes I was on WS when it happened and the shelter in place went out to WSU students. What I remember is that the name of the shooter wasn't released for a long time, because a few of us were trying to track that name down.

What I was half-joking about, when much later we all watched the Indiana State Police pull overs, was that BK could later throw this person into the mix. ( whether as per X files is saying to create doubt, or just as desperate straw clutching) Dead can't speak.

What I was half-joking about, when much later we all watched the Indiana State Police pull overs, was that BK could later throw this person into the mix. ( whether as per X files is saying to create doubt, or just as desperate straw clutching) Dead can't speak.
I meant to add some clarity re: the date. The fact that BK's dad brought up the shooting in the pull over / body cam footage -- to me -- reads like a concerned parent who has a student at a US institution, where shootings very unfortunately take place with some frequency. IMO, as it was in the news on the 15th when they were driving to PA.

He is creating DOUBT.
He knows what he is doing.
He's creating doubt, sure. But is there a reasonable alternative to the prosecutions theory? Is it provable to some extent?
If you choose not to present an alternative theory (very much a right of the defendant) can the jury arrive at their own alternative theory that's just as reasonable or more so than what prosecutors have presented? That's literally what "Reasonable Doubt" is.

Example 1:
"I didn't kill my wife. Of course my DNA is at the scene. I used to live there. Of course my car took that route, my favorite barbershop is right next door since I lived at that house."

That's REASONABLE DOUBT. The jurors can easily imagine those things being true and it being someone else.

Example 2:
"The cell phone evidence is wrong for all of those visits. And the night of the murder I wasn't out. If you saw me out that's not my car on the video. It's just a coincidence. And if that was me out and on the video...I was going for a ride to blow off steam. Same with the previous 12 times. And my DNA must have been snuck on the scene. I was framed. It's only touch DNA. it's not that great"

That's Doubt. But is it reasonable? Will the jury accept all of those coincidences. We are talking Powerball probabilities here. Unluckiest man in the world.

In the psychology part of my education I was most changed by Anatomy of Peace- 1945.
This book study made me realize that some people do not see other people as complete individuals fully deserving of the same abundant life.
The book was written after WWII, and provide a chilling reason why the Holocaust could have occurred. All it took was for a group to be dehumanized- stripped of their humanness. Once that happened they were objects, and any focus on their well being could be dismissed.
There is no way for me to understand the intentional cruelty some people do and justify doing to others.

How do people become capable, I haven’t a clue.
From my world, they are broken

There is no limitation to what one human can do to another if they believe they are not human but objects, and sure enough history bears this out.

I think BK began to see others, maybe more so women, or his parents, or peers, or siblings as objects, and certainly in many ways himself above them.
The paradox is that he seemed to struggle with self esteem issues. So his ability to harm others he perceived to be ’better’ than himself- made him ’better’ ??
Maybe attempting to rationally think through a motive is not possible.

What is ironic, is how anger toward him for these murders could allow me to justify him no longer being human- but instead a monster. In a sense I’ve done the same to him. Is that ok? No, to me it is troubling

JMO

In his case, if he does have VSS, depersonalization is part of it (sort of like how people with prosopagnosia can't see faces; people with VSS have a hard time with the idea of "persons").

Many of us are struggling because while he may not see us as persons, we see him as a person.

None of this is an excuse for his behavior. He seems to have recognized some of his symptoms and struggled with them. There appears to be no treatment. But there is a growing literature on it and I would submit that no one else, but BK, has been associated with crime. So there's something more going on.

BK somewhat plaintively states that he's convinced he has "brain damage" when he's writing at about age 17-18 (per the TAT posts).

I like using the notion of "person." We are all *advertiser censored* sapiens but we have to be raised (and fit as) persons. A person is capable of self-monitoring and self-reflection.

I'm not at all sure that only H. sapiens can be a "person," but I do know that not all H. sapiens meet my own definition of personhood.

Thank you, I was in the same camp as @LAHOLLA hoping it was construction adhesive or something. It's horrible!

I'm on my laptop so I can see it pretty well especially when the officer turns to walk away it is in full view and it is clean
Can someone please direct me to what y'all are discussing? I am lost. Went back pages and still didn't see whatever spot it is you guys are talking about. Thanks in advance

EDIT: Oh, are you guys talking of the old news that the blood was dripping down the house? If so, the coroner confirmed long ago that it was blood.

He's creating doubt, sure. But is there a reasonable alternative to the prosecutions theory? Is it provable to some extent?
If you choose not to present an alternative theory (very much a right of the defendant) can the jury arrive at their own alternative theory that's just as reasonable or more so than what prosecutors have presented? That's literally what "Reasonable Doubt" is.

Example 1:
"I didn't kill my wife. Of course my DNA is at the scene. I used to live there. Of course my car took that route, my favorite barbershop is right next door since I lived at that house."

That's REASONABLE DOUBT. The jurors can easily imagine those things being true and it being someone else.

Example 2:
"The cell phone evidence is wrong for all of those visits. And the night of the murder I wasn't out. If you saw me out that's not my car on the video. It's just a coincidence. And if that was me out and on the video...I was going for a ride to blow off steam. Same with the previous 12 times. And my DNA must have been snuck on the scene. I was framed. It's only touch DNA. it's not that great"

That's Doubt. But is it reasonable? Will the jury accept all of those coincidences. We are talking Powerball probabilities here. Unluckiest man in the world.
Good explanation of how this works. The key word is "reasonable" and that in turn is based on probability and, if it exists, evidence (witnesses, phone data, cctv, receipts etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46