ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both sides need to review all of the evidence. Both the DA and the PD have other trials on their dockets. The DA wanted it in July, the PD wanted it in June.

There's no way around the fact that there's still evidence coming in, probably more warrants to issue, and tons of discovery.

Do not be surprised if it's moved even further into the future.

Prosecution has tons of evidence from 50 warrants, most of which are barely touched on in the PCA. The autopsies have not even been put into evidence at this point in time.

What psychological assessment are you referring to?
agree with further delays...usually delays favor the defense.

MOD NOTE:

Although opinion pieces are not normally allowed here, @girlrx was considerate in asking for approval to post the following article and this particular piece will be allowed.

Remember, it is much better to ask for permission rather than chance your luck at forgiveness! ;)

Thanks,
Mad
Thank you girlx, this is a great opinion piece! JMOO

This part really made me sit up and take notice in the context of BK and these murders : {

"These profiler wannabes want to get inside the mind of a killer the same way that a squirrel is determined to crack a nut. There is an ominous shadow to these groupies’ fascination with these aberrant criminals, an unfettered enthusiasm and malignant narcissism that contributes to their seeing themselves as experts on everything. At some level, one must wonder if they possess a deeply suppressed kinship with, and even empathy for, the perpetrators they analyze.

These students can be confrontational or subtle, but they’re always preoccupied with the minutiae of the violent details and the staunch belief that they understand the killer in question better than anyone else does. They’re eager to show off. The extreme profiler wannabes want to school me and their other professors with their encyclopedic knowledge of homicidal maniacs, offering long-winded commentary without asking a question, caustically dismissing everyone else’s analysis of the criminal if they disagree. Their attitude is often righteous and self-aggrandizing, unmistakably condescending: I know what I’m talking about. You don’t."

It doesn't have to be a large urban area. It has 25k residents in the town and a population that swells during the day due to the college. That is more than enough people to require a saturation of cell towers.
I looked up the number of cell towers online for the town and it showed only 26 (including ones in Pullman), whereas the town i live in (not urban, but also a decent sized college town in the middle of Texas) and we have 277.

Here is the aerial view with source link. His Jeep is off to the left.

Yes, but that's not from the night of the murders, which was my point. I believe that vehicle was shared between Ethan and his brother. IMO.

We don't know whose cars arrived at around 11:30 on Sunday morning or whether the Jeep was parked at the house or back at Ethan's fraternity that morning. <modsnip - discussing the social media of a family member of a victim > IMO.

There are no media pictures of the parking lot that show it before the friends arrived and then the police arrived, is my point. We don't know what BK would have seen at 4 am.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw this before, but some of what the coroner said was walked back. Obviously the students weren't likely sleeping as it turns out, and least one of them wasn't unless Xana was an eat and pass out asleep kind of person (could happen). IMO, the coroner spoke before she should have, so I don't trust anything she opined.

The link you gave had no information about the drips on the side of the house that I could find, though.

ETA: This interview has a longer version of the interview. It has what you are looking for around 5:06
Video: Coroner speaks after autopsy of slain University of Idaho students | Daily Mail Online

The coroner had not tested it, she was going by her visual observation (Reporter Question: "Does this seem congruent with the results of the crime scene that you were able to ascertain from your work?" Answer:" From my observations, yes."), so not actually confirmed. I don't know if it has ever been confirmed yet.
Did the video play for you? Maybe I’m the one with internet issues-lol. Only played the adds for me, oh well.

Wow. "The source, who works for the university and has direct knowledge of the department, is warning that the research tools, in the wrong hands, could have allowed a suspected killer to view unredacted crime scene images, potential videos of death and even live streams of surveillance cameras with remote controls that allow the viewer to zoom in on faces."

As you say definitely worth reading, What is scary is some of those confessed murderers who were never discovered. Scary thought isn't it?

Terrifying. As someone who has collected data on thousands of students in the course of my job, I too have asked similar questions in certain classes. There has been exactly one murderer - and he was convicted under the felony murder rule and had served his time. Kind of different than murderers going into criminology,

I think it does take a special kind of person to commit to years of interviewing criminals. I have done some of that (although no murderers interviewed, just other serial criminals). I am very interested in being able to describe criminal behavior of all kinds, but have no gift of being able to "get inside the mind of" a killer. I can't even get inside the minds of ordinary burglars and thieves.

It doesn't have to be a large urban area. It has 25k residents in the town and a population that swells during the day due to the college. That is more than enough people to require a saturation of cell towers.
When one looks at towers of all the carriers, they have a BUNCH of towers in Moscow, ID. 6 different carriers (everyone's phone is pinging off every tower, looking for a handshake for their provider, obviously).

And 1122 King Road is right in one of the thickest forests of towers, one might say at a cell tower crossroads. With that much pinging from that many towers, they can triangulate the suspect's phone pretty well. IMO.

Next, of course, the GPS data will come in (I bet LE already has it).

Wow. "The source, who works for the university and has direct knowledge of the department, is warning that the research tools, in the wrong hands, could have allowed a suspected killer to view unredacted crime scene images, potential videos of death and even live streams of surveillance cameras with remote controls that allow the viewer to zoom in on faces."
And? Literally anything "in the wrong hands" could be concerning. It's a grad level crime program, for godssakes.

At various points in the evolution of this case, I've had the nagging feeling that BK may have had a confidant as he planned the killings. My spidey sense was piqued initially when BTK's daughter made her statement to the media about a potential connection between BK and her father. And again when BK's reddit survey, which would have put him into direct contact with people with criminal records, made the rounds on the internet. Most recently, the disclosure that BK had been active on the Tapatalk visual snow forum for an extended period as a high schooler made me wonder if, at some point, he met someone online who gradually insinuated him/herself into BK's life with nefarious intent and over time helped groom him into a killer.

I think the probability is low, but I'm keeping it on my board for now. Especially given BK's post-arrest inquiry about whether LE had arrested anyone else, the discovery request for statements of a co-defendant, and LE's request to keep the search warrants sealed for another ~2 months.
Interesting to think about. I was wondering myself the other day if one SK could write a letter or e-mail to another one in another prison.

I looked up the number of cell towers online for the town and it showed only 26 (including ones in Pullman), whereas the town i live in (not urban, but also a decent sized college town in the middle of Texas) and we have 277.

This tower search site gives over 100 cell towers for Moscow, ID:

Not all of them are owned by carriers, some are for public buildings - but they would all be pinged by people's phones while passing by.

There are 126 towers and antennas (which act as towers do, just with a smaller range and are usually classified as "cell towers" by MSM and members of the public who are looking for connectivity).

This makes me think that as a way of handling new stressors, stalking (which he probably told himself was just "looking around and observing") emerged as stress relief.

I wonder of course whether he was already using that as a stress reliever back in PA. It would be a solitary thing to do, no one would know about it, he could have independence from the family home and live in his head.
Rationalizing his behavior. Until looking and observing wasn't enough of a stress reliever? Yikes! JMO

Interesting to think about. I was wondering myself the other day if one SK could write a letter or e-mail to another one in another prison.

Dennis Rader's daughter says it's possible, but that Rader's mail is looked through. Not that a random note from someone named Bryan would be denied him, as I understand it, as long as Bryan had a non-jail address.

So if they were communicating, they can't communicate any longer, as both are inmates. Latah County Jail says no inmate to inmate letters. No provisions for email either.

I wonder which serial killer BK was thinking of writing his dissertation on and what approach he was going to take.

I saw this before, but some of what the coroner said was walked back. Obviously the students weren't likely sleeping as it turns out, and least one of them wasn't unless Xana was an eat and pass out asleep kind of person (could happen). IMO, the coroner spoke before she should have, so I don't trust anything she opined.

The link you gave had no information about the drips on the side of the house that I could find, though.

ETA: This interview has a longer version of the interview. It has what you are looking for around 5:06
Video: Coroner speaks after autopsy of slain University of Idaho students | Daily Mail Online

The coroner had not tested it, she was going by her visual observation (Reporter Question: "Does this seem congruent with the results of the crime scene that you were able to ascertain from your work?" Answer:" From my observations, yes."), so not actually confirmed. I don't know if it has ever been confirmed yet.
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member