ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, Kohberger still doesn’t know all the evidence they have against him?
Nope and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the list grows and grows as June approaches..
hoping.
Can someone help me understand his PA lawyer using the word “exonerated” vs saying BK is innocent or not guilty?

Correct me if I am wrong (no background in legal or LE). I thought exoneration is the term used when someone has been wrongfully CONVICTED and is cleared (exonerated).

Keep explanations simple for my simple mind, thank you!
in anticipation of being wrongfully convicted?
Future thinking, working backwards in his mind?
He has to know the meaning of the word.
Whitewash, I think..

Oh my, I hope there's more to this opinion than assuming a guy from one biometrics firm giving a quote to the New Yorker of all magazines...
And the Danish authorities having to release all those prisoners because the cell data was faulty?
And in Texas? And Kansas?

Also, the New Yorker is one of the most respected magazines in the world. Are you thinking of something else?

I really don't understand why the next court hearing will be until June :rolleyes:

Either Prosecution have additional evidence (from the car, discarded trash, etc.) or not.

Or maybe his psychological assessment will take that loooong?

The defense chose to give up their right to a speedy hearing which would have to take place in 14 days. Not the prosecution's request/decision, although they had no issue with it. It is obviously to the prosecution's advantage.

But the defense must have decided that strategically they needed more time, that forcing the prosecution's hand for a speedy hearing was not in their best interest.

Nice blast from the past from Casey Jordan, one of my faves from the old HLN. Very interesting read.

She also included a link to this good article on the use of genealogical DNA in this case.

I had thought that there was none used, that it was a mistake in early reporting, since it was not included in the PCA. But the story does cite sources who who still say they did use that to help zero in on BK, but it explains how LE does not like to include that in a PCA, and the debate around that kind of decision.

Last edited:
I'm having trouble with my internet today so was unable to watch this video. Another WS member once posted this as the reference to the coroner saying she thought the stuff dripping down the wall was blood. It's around the 25:46 mark. Can someone post what was said as I can't get it to play? Thanks!

Coroner: Idaho college students were likely sleeping | Banfield
Well I don’t know that it’s your internet. I was the one looking earlier and I couldn’t get this particular one to play. I did find another with Banfield wearing same outfits and I quoted what was said. But again, I know I watched a post autopsy interview with Mabutt that was in greater detail that is seemingly unavailable.

They don’t exactly live in a large urban area though?
I was surprised when I looked it up before that Moscow, ID isn't really the small town I've heard it referred to in and of itself, but is a small sized city (population 25,435 at the 2020 census: Moscow, Idaho - Wikipedia) next door to (10 or so miles from) another small sized city (Pullman, WA) (population of estimated to be 34,506 in 2019: Pullman, Washington - Wikipedia).

I thought it was cute that it's within what is called a "Micropolitan" area, never heard that term before ; )

"Moscow is the home of the University of Idaho, the state's land-grant institution and primary research university.

It is the principal city in the Moscow, Idaho Micropolitan Statistical Area, which includes all of Latah County. The city contains over 60% of the county's population, and while the university is Moscow's dominant employer, the city also serves as an agricultural and commercial hub for the Palouse region."

JMOO

I'm not sure that qualifies as a joke, at least I wouldn't have called it one, but whatever. I wonder if he meant a specific type of shopping--like groceries--was better in Idaho? Maybe vegan foods? Organic foods?

Or, maybe he said said it off-the-cuff, making an excuse. IMO
Im not even sure he would understand humor in a comment like that. He maybe just too literal. The shopping is much better in Idaho epescially along rt8 on the border by pullman. When pulled over in Indiana he gives another literal answer. Where u going? To get Thai food. moo

<modsnip: opinion stated as fact> It's also interesting he committed the crimes in Idaho that has little in the way of an insanity defense when WA certainly does, though they rarely work in states that do allow them. Unless a plea arrangement is made or he is found not guilty the appeals on this case may go on for decades. <modsnip: rumors>

ALL MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
This makes me strongly curious as why WHY he thinks there's a co-defendant when there has been no public mention of one by LE...
Is this boilerplate? Or maybe he is suggesting someone encouraged him to take his action to murder.l, making them also guilty of murder.

Cell phone data isn't what anyone thinks it is.

According to Michael Cherry, the head of a biometrics consulting firm who spoke to The New Yorker magazine, cell phone location data is “junk science.”
I downloaded three cell tower locating apps. (As a response to this case!) Each app points to a different "tower" at any given time! Each app points in a different direction. One has a west bias. One points to a local intersection which might have a 5 g small cell. Another points to another possible small cell to the south. I took it to the park. I drove it around. (BTW these apps use a ton of battery..LOL) I will stop the apps when I get sick of them. It's kinda fun, but it's like the days of youth spent on a wild goose chase!

I really haven't figured out where my phone is actually pinging..LOL

Yes. Moving a long distance from home can be a life refresher. I've done that, too.

But the stalking begins before he's settled into a new environment unless he moved into his apartment prior to August.

A quote comes to mind: "wherever you go, there you are."

JMO

This makes me think that as a way of handling new stressors, stalking (which he probably told himself was just "looking around and observing") emerged as stress relief.

I wonder of course whether he was already using that as a stress reliever back in PA. It would be a solitary thing to do, no one would know about it, he could have independence from the family home and live in his head.

They haven't really said when they adjusted the models up to 2016, just that they did. It could be argued, whether true or not, that they might have done it to fit the person they thought was responsible. Won't really know until the dates and reasoning behind the change are available. JMO

edit: added JMO
.....but the point of looking at the car aspect was only to develop a list of potential suspects....a starting point. It isn't like the moment they found BK drove an Elantra they ran out an arrested him. It gave them someone to look at more closely and when they did each piece of the puzzle fit as they came across it. They could have found the suspect out of pure luck and the conclusion would have been just as solid.

I guess I ask this. If BK was not involved and we are insinuating LE modified their search to fabricate a prime suspect, what are the odds his DNA just happened to be at the crime scene on an sheath for the murder weapon? I don't even want to know the odds.

I'm having trouble with my internet today so was unable to watch this video. Another WS member once posted this as the reference to the coroner saying she thought the stuff dripping down the wall was blood. It's around the 25:46 mark. Can someone post what was said as I can't get it to play? Thanks!

Coroner: Idaho college students were likely sleeping | Banfield
I saw this before, but some of what the coroner said was walked back. Obviously the students weren't likely sleeping as it turns out, and least one of them wasn't unless Xana was an eat and pass out asleep kind of person (could happen). IMO, the coroner spoke before she should have, so I don't trust anything she opined.

The link you gave had no information about the drips on the side of the house that I could find, though.

ETA: This interview has a longer version of the interview. It has what you are looking for around 5:06
Video: Coroner speaks after autopsy of slain University of Idaho students | Daily Mail Online

The coroner had not tested it, she was going by her visual observation (Reporter Question: "Does this seem congruent with the results of the crime scene that you were able to ascertain from your work?" Answer:" From my observations, yes."), so not actually confirmed. I don't know if it has ever been confirmed yet.

Last edited:
I really don't understand why the next court hearing will be until June :rolleyes:

Either Prosecution have additional evidence (from the car, discarded trash, etc.) or not.

Or maybe his psychological assessment will take that loooong?

Both sides need to review all of the evidence. Both the DA and the PD have other trials on their dockets. The DA wanted it in July, the PD wanted it in June.

There's no way around the fact that there's still evidence coming in, probably more warrants to issue, and tons of discovery.

Do not be surprised if it's moved even further into the future.

Prosecution has tons of evidence from 50 warrants, most of which are barely touched on in the PCA. The autopsies have not even been put into evidence at this point in time.

What psychological assessment are you referring to?

MOO, I think this suggests someone encouraged him,
maybe on line.
Making them equally guilty.
A co-defendant.
It would not be a motive for most people but could still be part of the motive for him. He tried to completely transform himself into someone these girls would like but it didn’t work because he couldn’t transform his personality. He was able to lose weight but probably still came across as someone most girls would want to avoid.
Yes, women do try avoid men. they sense will be killers.

IMO MOO The white car on video is also very week. They dont have a license plate, they dont have a real eyewitness, they dont have any clear pics of it and they broadcasted that they were looking for a 2011-2013 Elantra and only changed it to a 2015 when they found out BCK had a 2015.

IMO Any good defense attorney can easily create plenty of Reasonable Doubt with all three of these circumstantial pieces of evidence. (Pings, Video & that particular type DNA and what it was found on) again MOO

If BCK is indeed the sole perpetrator of these murders I hope the prosecution has some solid evidence to bring to the table.
But they have that car, tracking with BKs phone, stopping at a grocery store with BK getting out of it. I think taken all together it is pretty strong. IMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member