PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't get how people expect LE to read the minds of people who are carrying guns legally.

How do you pick the assassin out of a crowd of people carrying guns?

MOO
There was a crowd of people carrying guns? I didn’t see that on any video I watched. Can you point me in the right direction?

If he was practicing at a gun club (shooting range) and they had specific lanes that had targets at a specific distance, then I do wonder if he was trying to find a location that roughly the same distance away as he was most accurate with when he was practicing at the range?
I think he was just trying to get as close as possible, and looking at those buildings, I think that's exactly what he did.

“Secret Service officials have warned the Trump campaign repeatedly against holding outdoor rallies, which pose greater risks than events to which the agency can better control access, people briefed on the matter said. The warnings have been more general in nature, the sources said.

“The Secret Service and other agencies are constantly receiving new potential threat information and taking action to adjust resources, as needed,” Anthony Guglielmi, an agency spokesman, said on Tuesday. “We cannot comment on any specific threat stream, other than to say that the Secret Service takes threats seriously and responds accordingly.”“

A neighbor in Bethel Park, the Pittsburgh suburb where Crooks lived, said they saw pro-Trump signs in the family's yard as recently as a few months ago.

"There absolutely was MAGA-supporting signs for a while," Kelly Little told WTAE-TV.

It's possible the son did not agree with the parent's beliefs.

Did they mean 'legally acquired'? Do they keep track of that in PA?

I’m not sure why msm said the guns were registered. According to the link below
PennsylvaniaFirearms registries are prohibited.

Sometimes there can be two truths, each interwoven, yet each.... I dunno- "happy"?

Anyways, leaving fake mysticism aside, There are no fire arms registries. And, now the big "but"....

- There are very detailed records of the background checks connected to each and every gun purchase from a licensed dealer (FFL holder). These detailed records include information on the purchaser and the gun being purchased.

- All guns purchased from pawn shops, gun stores, and a significant majority of gun show vendors are made from licensed dealers and have these purchase- err.... back ground check records associated with them.

- An increasing number of states now require back ground checks for all transfers- including those involving private transactions from an unlicensed vendor.

- These archived back ground check records are often referred to as a "registry" by the media because, well, they pretty much function as one. But... they are not a registry as in a gun registry. But, then again, they pretty much are. Well, you get the picture......

Last edited:
Sorry for rehash, wanted to drop a couple notes

“The Permanent Mission of the Islamic Republic of Iran to the United Nations denied there is an Iranian plot to assassinate Trump.

“These accusations are unsubstantiated and malicious. From the perspective of the Islamic Republic of Iran, Trump is a criminal who must be prosecuted and punished in a court of law for ordering the assassination of General Soleimani. Iran has chosen the legal path to bring him to justice,” a spokesperson for the mission told CNN.

Surge of threats from Iranian state-backed media​

Iran has repeatedly vowed revenge for the US military’s killing of Qasem Soleimani, the commander of the Iranian military’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, in January 2020. And former senior Trump administration officials who worked on national security have had tight security since leaving the government.”

I own over a dozen firearms, about half of which I inherited from my father. Some are old. Some rifles, shotguns, a couple handguns. That is pretty common in my region.
Lol I know a couple in alaska who acquired 100 rifles, guns, who knows maybe rocket launchers. When they divorced, it was the guns they fought for custody of. (The kids were already grown). This type of gun ownership is not an outlier.

Totally off-the-wall comment, I know.....but TC kinda sorta looks like Lee Harvey Oswald. I wonder if anyone said that to him while he was working on his JFK assassination project and a seed grew?

There is no known evidence of that, I know. I'm pondering aloud.

jmo

I do not see any similarities in their looks at all except maybe tall, thin, and like rifles.

It's possible the son did not agree with the parent's beliefs.

I also think, particularly with the explosive devices, that he might have been like Herostratus where he was just out to gain infamy. He might have originally planned to gain infamy by bombing someplace and then changed his plans to assassinate Trump as a target of opportunity once he found out Trump would be in the area...and would have done the same if it was Biden instead there.

This has been on my mind as well. At this time, I feel like he was either capable of wiping his internet activity himself, or perhaps if another person radicalized him, they were able to instruct him (or access his computer themselves). This seems so atypical for a young white male shooter. Notoriety is usually a goal… IMO MOO

He might have had a secret laptop he destroyed before the shooting. Used secret accounts, hid his tracks, and used the dark web, not impossible. But I bet he left breadcrumbs by accident.

I own over a dozen firearms, about half of which I inherited from my father. Some are old. Some rifles, shotguns, a couple handguns. That is pretty common in my region.

As I have said hubby was long range instructor, shooting in competitions, hunting. Used to own 50 caliber 20 odd years ago, yes all legal.

Collectors also will have a large quantity of weapons.

Jmo

He registered to vote, 2022, in a political party before their 2024 candidate was chosen.
Two years later he tried to kill the candidate his party had chosen.
He wasn't old enough to have developed some radical ideology or had wanted to settle years of festering victimhood.

Some part of the verbalized plans of the candidate were going to hurt Crooks or someone Crooks cared for.

Imo
I don't think he voted in the 2024 primary. It appears he last voted in Nov 2022.

There also has been no mention of him participating in any donations to anyone after Jan 2021. There is no mention of him engaging in any events, townhalls etc.

When he registered to vote, he indicated his party preference. But I don't read too much into it. Lots of people register by party. It's a snapshot in time of how they feel at the time they registered. I don't get the impression he was all that engaged in the civic process.

He may have had opinions, however I'm not seeing that he actively engaged in supporting anyone for president. No donations. No indication that he participated in a precinct convention. (In Texas, after you vote in a primary, you can participate in the precinct convention or county convention. PA might call them something different)

Screenshot Capture - 2024-07-16 - 15-29-09.png

Last edited:
This has been on my mind as well. At this time, I feel like he was either capable of wiping his internet activity himself, or perhaps if another person radicalized him, they were able to instruct him (or access his computer themselves). This seems so atypical for a young white male shooter. Notoriety is usually a goal… IMO MOO
Also wondering whether any keys were found on him ? Storage space, or 2nd vehicle waiting for get-away while LE busy attending to the wounded, etc?
Was the building's roof metal? How could his movement stop the roof not be heard by LE if they were positioned inside?
Exactly, he breaks the profile almost completely.

No known mental health issues.

No crazy posts online.

No manifesto.

No apparent trigger.

Not known to law enforcement.

Moving on with his education.

Stable job.

Coworkers seemed to really like him, and didn’t set off any alarm bells.

The only thing that fits is that he was a loner, but it’s not like that’s an incredible rarity.
Seems to fit the profile of a serial killer - capable of keeping his dark fantasies and activities to himself.
OTOH: If someone was looking to groom/recruit an assassin - wouldn't an intelligent but lonely young man with firearms experience, technology skills, and no red flags be a perfect candidate?

This seems like the SS passing the buck and playing the blame game.

This seems obvious though that outdoor events have different security risks than indoor events, but that doesn't mean it's Trumps responsibility to just pick indoor places to make it easier for the secret service. They are one of the best security agencies in the world. They know exactly how to keep people safe indoors and outdoors and this was a failure that falls directly at their feet. The area was not that large and the number of buildings where someone could camp out and get a shot at the stage were not that many. They keep our president safe all around the world in countries that hate the US and even in war zones.. and they failed right there in middle of nowhere PA. Imagine if it was a trained sniper hired by a foreign country to come take someone out.

If the Secret Service tells you it's more difficult to secure, it's wise to listen!

Uh.... I think my mind has officially been blown after reading this headline.

After Trump assassination attempt, guns will still be allowed near RNC, but tennis balls will not

A recently passed Milwaukee city ordinance outlines what is banned in the outer perimeter, including tennis balls and paintball guns. But it doesn't cover most firearms and only prohibits weapons already outlawed by the state, including fully automatic guns.

Also wondering whether any keys were found on him ? Storage space, or 2nd vehicle waiting for get-away while LE busy attending to the wounded, etc?
Was the building's roof metal? How could his movement stop the roof not be heard by LE if they were positioned inside?

Seems to fit the profile of a serial killer - capable of keeping his dark fantasies and activities to himself.
OTOH: If someone was looking to groom/recruit an assassin - wouldn't an intelligent but lonely young man with firearms experience, technology skills, and no red flags be a perfect candidate?
Serial killers show signs at a very young age; every single one I can think of at least. He'd be my last choice, as his shooting was so bad that he was kicked off his school rifle team. He took unimaginable risks, and lucked out that the local police had no clue what they were doing.

I do not see any similarities in their looks at all except maybe tall, thin, and like rifles.
And they both shot very famous and popular politicians in an outdoor venue with unclear motives. And TC apparently had a school assignment about the JFK assassination that seemed to really interest him. I'm wondering if he identified with Oswald and an obsession grew.

I think they look sort of alike in a dweeby kind of way. Whatever the case, they will remain well-known name for their shooting if not their similar looks.

ymmv

jmopinion

Pretty sure that’s completely irrelevant to the situation. Lots of people still wear them. I don’t personally, but have friends who feel safer if they do… nothing wrong with that.

My friends battling cancer and who have auto-immune issues wear them in crowds. Better to be healthy than in ER!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010
Back