ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 64

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Investigative tactics IMO. LE deemed that date as the opportune time to release those details to the public. But IMO, LE themselves would have been quietly on the look out for white hyundais as soon as analysts identified the make and model from the local footage. The PCA is correct IMO and the local Gas Station attendant is mistaken. MOO.
What did the local gas station attendant say or how was he/she mistaken? I hadn’t heard of any statements from that person so I’m just curious now.

So I guess you’re also saying the person in the 20/20 special was incorrectly speaking saying they found even MORE footage after the gas station video was reported?

I just want to take a minute to acknowledge that, while no investigation is perfect and we are all bothered by the “no threat to the public” remark so soon, I’m really impressed overall by the Moscow PD. IMO the fact that such a small police force with little to no experience in homicide located a suspect at all in this case shows a great deal of persistence and follow-through. Comparing it to similar cases local to me (NC & the case that comes to mind is Faith Hedgepeth), it’s night and day. I am hopeful that they will continue to follow all leads and build evidence between now and the next court date. Fwiw I have faith in them.
Second every bit of that. That little department reminds me of The Little Engine That Could. They made it up the hill!
And Chief Fry is a rock star. :)

We definitely need lawyers to weigh in on this. My understanding is that they could bring in her police statement, but that they might be severely limited in their ability to discredit that statement.

But I’m completely and sincerely baffled as to why the defense would want to call her as a witness. What could they possibly gain by doing that?
My opinion: going out on a limb here… maybe the attorney wouldn’t but BK might enjoy seeing her on the stand just to create another way of causing fear in her?

Only my opinion… we all have them

So he was planning to go to law school? Or be a psychiatrist?
He had three to five more years of school left.
No way a criminologist makes enough to pay off over $300K in student loan debt, not counting the interest.
Yes, the first payment isn’t due until after final graduation. That is when the interest begins.

While avoiding his forensic science classes he also seemed to avoid finance classes.
A lot of common sense lacking, IMO

JMO
There’s an entire nation of us saddled with massive student debt. Of course, we don’t know his Pell grant status or if his family has an education fund, or if he had scholarships.

What did the local gas station attendant say or how was he/she mistaken? I hadn’t heard of any statements from that person so I’m just curious now.

So I guess you’re also saying the person in the 20/20 special was incorrectly speaking saying they found even MORE footage after the gas station video was reported?

Just responding to your posts...you conclude that LE did not collect local footage until 2 weeks after the crime...on the basis of 20/20 program where "the man says..." etc.

ETA: ok, so "the man..." is not the attendent but the presenter of the program. So I then say the presenter is mistaken, or your interp of what this implies is mistaken...because LE did collect local footage well before 2 weeks post crime.

That actually raises a question for me. How, exactly, was the footprint germane to the PCA? It wasn't tied to BK anywhere in the text. As such, it wasn't needed, so I can't figure out why it was even there.
I've been wondering the same. Perhaps it was just part of the description of the crime scene.

Heartbreaking. Police did not contact the family until 4:30 that afternoon, wow. To learn about this through family, and not LE, must have been especially difficult. I now understand even more where SG was coming from.
That's actually a faster notification time than my family got when someone was killed in a wreck. It took less than 5 hours LE to notify the family, despite there being 4 victim next of kin to determine and notify. For my family, it look nearly 7 hours, and we'd already figured it out on our then--it was nobody's fault--it's just part of the inherent chaos of the aftermath. It's unfortunate they learned about it from relatives first, but that doesn't mean LE was not doing their job. MOO

It not enough. Not even close. Imo none of the evidence released in the PCA is enough on its own. If the Knife used isn't a KAbar and he didn’t leave any other dna the case isn't strong. I think they have more tho. I think his hard drives will be his undoing. moo
"The case isn't strong" even though it's apparently BK's DNA on the sheath of a knife found in the bed of victims who were stabbed to death? Ok.

That actually raises a question for me. How, exactly, was the footprint germane to the PCA? It wasn't tied to BK anywhere in the text. As such, it wasn't needed, so I can't figure out why it was even there.

The document looked like it had been worked and reworked many times over, with typos and such. Maybe it was one of the most meaningful items they had to submit at one point and they decided to withhold it when they got more evidence, but didn’t cut that one mention. In that case, one would expect to hear more about it later on.

Or, perhaps it ended up being nothing and they didn’t delete all of it.

Time will tell, and I am very curious.

Judging from the description of that print, I think it’s the ‘latent’ print that was discovered by the roommate’s door and described in the PCA
By her door- near her door- those are still vague descriptions and it seems odd to me that only 1 print was found.
Unfortunately, this is starting to look like a game of Telephone. It starts out as a bloody footprint in the hall and ends up as a bloody car in the driveway.
There are multiple posts that refer to shoeprints as footprints and refer to shoeprints as latent prints.
As far as we know, the suspect did not leave any footprints.
Latent prints would be from a part of skin, that leaves a deposit or transfers something onto a surface, showing its patterns/ridges etc.

A shoeprint, apparently near DM's door, had to be enhanced/illuminated to ATTEMPT to identify a sole pattern. Maybe it had traces of the victims' blood and maybe only one of the suspect's shoes transferred that evidence to the hallway floor.
Since there is no trail of bloody shoeprints mentioned, I would guess the suspect somehow managed to not step in much blood or had shoe covers that he removed while exiting the 2nd-floor bedroom.

Last edited:
That's actually a faster notification time than my family got when someone was killed in a wreck. It took less than 5 hours LE to notify the family, despite there being 4 victim next of kin to determine and notify. For my family, it look nearly 7 hours, and we'd already figured it out on our then--it was nobody's fault--it's just part of the inherent chaos of the aftermath. It's unfortunate they learned about it from relatives first, but that doesn't mean LE was not doing their job. MOO
It takes time to verify. I would rather not receive a false notice of the death of a loved one.

I just want to take a minute to acknowledge that, while no investigation is perfect and we are all bothered by the “no threat to the public” remark so soon, I’m really impressed overall by the Moscow PD. IMO the fact that such a small police force with little to no experience in homicide located a suspect at all in this case shows a great deal of persistence and follow-through. Comparing it to similar cases local to me (NC & the case that comes to mind is Faith Hedgepeth), it’s night and day. I am hopeful that they will continue to follow all leads and build evidence between now and the next court date. Fwiw I have faith in them.
Not to mention State Police and FBI :)

Respect!

Something I just thought of while watching 20/20… why didn’t LE look at video surveillance from neighboring residences immediately?
It looks like they didn’t look at it until after they received the call from the mobile gas station attendant, who had gone through her video and seen a white Hyundai speeding by. But this was weeks later. Just seems odd that they wouldn’t have looked at the cameras surrounding the house much sooner.
Is there evidence LE didn't immediately ask for Ring, CCTV etc. footage from neighboring houses? I would be surprised if they didn't.

"The case isn't strong" even though it's apparently BK's DNA on the sheath of a knife found in the bed of victims who were stabbed to death? Ok.
Amanda Knox had DNA on the handle of the knife, and the victim’s DNA was found on the blade and it was found to be transfer DNA from the investigation itself. Nothing is airtight. It’s always good to keep the questions flowing.

It takes time to verify. I would rather not receive a false notice of the death of a loved one.
Exactly! In my family's case, I suspect part of the delay was the most pertinent next of kin was also in the wreck and was unconscious in a hospital, leaving people scrambling to determine who would be notified next.

In any event, my family has never blamed LE for that, and I can't even imagine how much more complicated it was to find the next of kin information for 4 people at one time. MOO

There’s an entire nation of us saddled with massive student debt. Of course, we don’t know his Pell grant status or if his family has an education fund, or if he had scholarships.

I could not help but notice the “Us”.
What is different, I went to school with small Pell Grants, worked every evening and also on weekends to pay as I went.
I graduated with MS and 10K in student loans.

What is different? Tuition at Texas State is $5K for 15 hours today.

I earned about $20K per year teaching labs about 4 hours a day- as a grad student late 1980’s.
I also lived and worked at a boarding school- worked 2-6 hours- depending on the day.
I road a shuttle bus to campus, had no car some semesters.
If I earned the same amount I earned in the 1980’s I could still pay for school.

What is different?
Who was funding his schooling? Was he on some scholarship, parents paying, or loans?

JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members