ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 66

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He may have had an orientation beforehand. When I was in grad school and was a TA, we had a week-long orientation before classes started and were encouraged to move to the area well in advance of classes starting. But the actual start and end date for our classes (as students and teachers) were the same as everyone else's. So, to me, it wouldn't be weird for him to move there earlier in the summer, but I would be surprised if he truly started classes in the summer before the fall semester. MOO
Thank you - that makes sense. :)

There's also the question of actually finding an apartment you can afford in an area that works for you (do you drive? do you need public transportation? how much space do you need? do you have a pet? etc.) It's not easy to look for a place to live in an area you don't know.
BK lived in graduate student housing at WSU, which is kind of wild to me as that kind of apartment is usually only offered to couples / families, at least at institutions I've studied at. His neighbor who complained about his late night activity had a family, for example.

That being said... I wonder if BK had looked for alternative living situations? I'm sure he looked around. I wonder if WSU has an institutional database for finding apartments or roommates that he might have looked at. I know that was something I looked at when I was moving for graduate school.

I believe the Instagram accts were bogus accounts created after he was arrested. JMO
But that slant doesn't encourage online users to click on MSM articles, thereby increasing their revenue.

If it bleeds, it leads.

This pretty comprehensive USA Today timeline has him starting at WSU in July.

July 2022

Kohberger begins doctoral studies in criminal justice at Washington State University's campus in Pullman, Washington.

And where did the 'checked K's room and woke her dog up' come from?? I've never seen that anywhere.

I suppose you could think of "investigative source" as either someone directly involved in the investigation or a source the reporter developed while performing investigative journalism. At the moment, the only non-LE source I can think of for that particular information would be someone who works at Instagram.
other non-LE sources: friend of one of the victims who looked through their accounts after the murders; nosy person who did the same thing- BK was not identified for weeks after the murders but people may have copied, screen shotted, etc., SM just to see if it would become relevant and likely LE has all that info too. IMO

Last edited:
Fellow Pittsburgher here. Depending on the area, could be speed traps. 3 moving violation tickets in a few months isn’t really a lot, or even 2 the same day.

Then there’s parking tickets (think Pittsburgh parking chairs :)). I once got a parking ticket while inside the courthouse fighting another ticket!
I went to grad school in Oakland back when the parking fine was $5, which was LOWER than the cost of parking in a public lot all day. I probably spent $10 a week on tickets.

When did this guy ever sleep?! I'm thinking he either only got a couple hour sleep the night of the murders (not likely, cuz his adrenaline wouldn't let him) or had zero sleep (more likely), which would explain his trip to the coffee shop. JMO
Remember his downstairs neighbor saying that he was up at all hours. She said she always knew when he came home because he parked his car in front of her apartment and the lights would shine into her apt.
I have a question about social media photos. The photo of the 4 roommates ( with the 2 others cropped) has been used widely on MSM and internet social media sites. The photo belongs to someone and if so doesn't that photo have to be permitted and/or paid for by anyone who wishes to use it for news, documentaries etc.
I get this creepy feeling every time I see that iconic happy group of beautiful college students related to a story dedicated to and about the accused killer. And what if the parents or parent did not want their Childs photo associated with anything to advertise/sell a story about this gruesome mass murder where BK is the main event?

Copyright laws dictate that whoever took the photo owns the photo. Even if you're simply using it on your Instagram, the person who took the photo has the right to sue you if they wish. Therefore, explicit permission is required to avoid any issues.
I am familiar with copyright laws, but I think there is some type of stipulation if the photo is on your own device. Example, you had your phone to someone and ask them to take a photo of you and your friends. It's on your device and therefore, you own it.

To me, your from 4.04am summary reads like BK experiencing extreme frustration. Frustration that inhibits all ratioanl thought and action, an extreme emotional state. IF he was feeling like that, then the driving could be viewed as part of his expression/release? of the feeling. I am having some difficulty expressing myself...So I visualise him for e.g swearing or grinding his teeth or screaming or gripping the wheel until his knuckles are white in that car and all of that means he could not be driving in any other manner than the way he did. MOO. Just my evolving thoughts and evolving speculations.
I agree. IMO he became mega-flustered, trying to park. Then the Doordash guy turned up. Then there were people he wasn't expecting to be in the house. Had to do something about them. It may have been a good plan in his mind, but he wasn't expecting the unexpected, and JMO seriously lost his cool. I think it's entirely plausible that he DID see DM, but had had enough by that stage, was exhausted, and really wanted to get going.

Thanks for your answer. I go back and forth about who the target was but I keep coming back to poor Kaylee as well. When her father suggested she suffered from overkill it made a big impression.
Just tossing something out that just occurred to me (since I recently posted I thought Kaylee might have been the only intended victim). Maybe the 'overkill' was simply because she was first, and his arm got tired after repetitive motion which couldn't have been the easiest thing to do. All MOO.

I was wondering if it might turn the attorney into an accessory-after-the-fact, hiding or destroying possible evidence.

To push things a bit farther, what if he asked his attorney to find a knife he’d put somewhere, and dispose of it? And he assures his attorney that this knife has nothing to do with the murders, no nothing at all! Safe to say that the attorney wouldn’t do it?

Speculation out of genuine curiosity as to where the line is drawn.
It would seem likely that LE could get a warrant to look at a deleted account. Just because the account isn't public doesn't mean that FB or IG can't access it. But I'm no expert on this...MOO...

I'm guessing he wasn't a big sleeper before the murders either. I think his lack of sleep aided in some mental deterioration to add to the list of his issues. All JMO, MOO
That's quite possible. And didn't his neighbors state he didn't sleep much, vacuuming at 1:30 in the a.m or something similar? IMO

The People magazine story re: Kohberger DMing one of the girls on Insta and being persistent but getting no reply really rings true for me. If you don't follow someone and they send you a DM, it goes to a "message requests folder", you don't get an alert or anything and only see it if you actively go into the folder and look. Many times i've forgotten about it then remembered and checked, approx every couple of months and there are lots of messages from random men. I just delete and block but I remember this one guy i never interacted with AT ALL, sent me more than 100 messages over a couple of months, starting innocent and friendly and ended up the most abusive threatening vile filth you've ever seen. It was so crazy.

Imagine if Kohberger has slaughtered 4 people, devastated and ruined many lives including that of his own family just because a girl didn't reply to a few DM's, she probably didn't even see, it doesn't bare thinking about. He is clearly and obsessive person and maybe the years of rejection pushed him to the edge but there is no doubt it's a scary world especially with the rise of the incels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member