ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 66

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of the speculation re: Kaylee being the target was wildly exacerbated by how vocal her dad was in the media before they arrested someone. I will never tell someone how to grieve and I'm not even going to pretend to remotely understand how they are feeling but I thought from the beginning her dad was putting a lot of emphasis on her as THE victim - detailing her injuries, saying only she had defensive wounds, saying "he didn't have to go upstairs" (what does this even mean and why would he think that?), even suggesting Kaylee could have ripped the sheath off of her attacker before sadly succumbing to her injuries? You can't rip leather like that especially while fighting for your life and if that was the case the PCA probably wouldn't have specified the sheath only contained 1 source of DNA, later believe to be Bryan's.

I wouldn't expect them to put the same focus into someone else's kid(s), but for me personally, I've tried to avoid any media with him in it because all four victims and their possible links to their killer need to be explored equally. His adamancy about her having a stalker/knowing the perp, and then once BK was arrested he immediately said there was no connection between them, goes to show at least some people were right in saying he was doing too much to keep focus on the case. I also don't agree with any family saying right off the bat, "my kid didn't know this person whatsoever" unless that has been confirmed after forensics on the electronics, you absolutely do not know every single person your kid has interacted with.
You would be surprised what an individual fighting for their life could do. MOO

They may or may not come from the same county. That all depends on motions from the Prosecution and Defense and how the judge rules on them. JMO

Right, they could come from neighboring Counties. Now I remember that in the Ahmaud Arbery murder trial jurors came from surrounding Counties - all documented in MSM.

A big mismatch in upper body strength would be another factor. Ethan might have been a match for him in that regard, given a fair fight, but not if Ethan was asleep, just getting up to check on the commotion, or somewhat impaired by alcohol (none of which we know one way or the other).
And just to add, when one is armed with a knife and one isn’t, the odds heavily favor the armed regardless of size and strength

JMO
I was talking about the HVAC the other day. I had a theory that he may have put something into the hvac to knock them out and the mask he was wearing was a breathing apparatus mask.
Of course this is all just speculation MOO
Except they weren't knocked out. The dog, the witness roommate, and XK were all awake. MOO but the PCA describes all of their movements, and BK's, up to and after the murders. You said "I had a theory", does that mean past tense, as in you no longer think this is possible?

While the source is, indeed, unnamed, the article specifically uses the word "investigative" source which makes me think that it could be the PI that the Goncalves family hired.

Also, since it's People reporting on this <modsnip> I trust it a little more.

View attachment 395985
Well if that is the source, I hope someone is able to get a grip on him quickly. Let the man have his day in court. No leaks

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if it was a friend/family member, rather than a police source. Heck, even some sleuther on social media. "Investigative source" sounds like tricky language to me that is meant to sound more official than it is. MOO
I wouldn't consider friends or family investigative sources.

It appears that BK was trying to interact with at least one of the victims as per this news article.
From People:
“In late October, an account that authorities believe belonged to Bryan Kohberger sent a greeting to one of the female victims, the source says. When he didn't get a reply, he sent several more messages to her.
"He slid into one of the girls' DMs several times but she didn't respond," the source tells PEOPLE. "Basically, it was just him saying, 'Hey, how are you?' But he did it again and again."

I bet you anything this case is moved to Boise, ID (Ada County) so that they can find an impartial jury.

In some States the prosecution first must try to seat a jury in the County the crime happened. This can be done with jury questionnaires and interviewing some of the jurors.

Then the defense would file a Motion as to why the make up of the jury is unfair to the defendant and ask for change of venue.

In other States, a change of venue can be granted right away without trying to sit a jury first.

Would have to research how Idaho does their change of venue.

From People:
“In late October, an account that authorities believe belonged to Bryan Kohberger sent a greeting to one of the female victims, the source says. When he didn't get a reply, he sent several more messages to her.
"He slid into one of the girls' DMs several times but she didn't respond," the source tells PEOPLE. "Basically, it was just him saying, 'Hey, how are you?' But he did it again and again."
<modsnip>
if this is true, then it's the first "confirmation" I've heard of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm...

Considering his compulsion to wear gloves (shop, taking the rubbish out at 4 am) I guess he was wearing them during the attack.

I think DM was focusing on his face (she noticed eyebrows) and silhouette, not noticing hands (and the knife I think he was still gripping).

Besides, IMO, her perusal of the perp lasted only for a few seconds.

JMO
The shock of seeing a stranger in the house late at night could also limit what she noticed and/or remembered. The clothes, the mask, the eyebrows--that's a lot to register in a few seconds.

Does anyone have a link to the Latah County Court Docket information?

They would have the Docket for BK.

Thanks sleuthers

The shock of seeing a stranger in the house late at night could also limit what she noticed and/or remembered. The clothes, the mask, the eyebrows--that's a lot to register in a few seconds.
I'd also like to interject something here re: DM and her "frozen fear phase." I was watching a show the other evening about death row inmates. One of the inmate's sisters talks about their past childhood trauma. She mentions as a child, someone who she could not remember regularly entered her bedroom to molest her. She said she went into a "frozen fear" type of shock - couldn't move and couldn't really remember what happened. That's the first time I've heard someone describe that condition since hearing about it regarding DM's reaction to seeing BCK in her house.

Yup! This is why I don't understand anyone being shocked they pushed the trial out to end June. Give the media 5 months to run wild with their guilty verdict before the trial even starts, give Reddit 5 months to continue blasting out the families' social medias and personal info, give everyone eligible to serve on a jury 5 months to fill their heads with predispositions and assumptions. Last but not least, give the defense 5 months to build a case. By the time 6/26 rolls around, I'd say the chance of a mistrial will be pretty high.

They have not set a trial date. It's the Preliminary Hearing.

I figure the trial is still about 2 years out. And people will forget minor details and many people aren't following this case at all - although in Moscow, ID, I'm sure there's way more interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895