ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to remember from the affidavit if they said the dog was heard barking at 4:17am. One thought I had was, if there was a murder happening on the 3rd floor before then, why would the dog start barking at 4:17? It seems the dog would start barking when it either encountered BK or he heard or saw the attack. I don't think the dog would wait until after all the chaos was over on the 3rd floor and THEN start barking.
4.17 for the barking dog via distorted audio

I think only four of the six were targeted. I also think the motive is extremely important in this case and will lead to the killer/s. Unfortunately, I fear that the only people who know the motive are no longer with us, and the killer/s. In addition to the evidence obtained through the search warrants, I particularly want to know what happened between 1:45 and 4 am, and more detail about XK's and EC's night out. JMO
And if I am wrong, I won't eat my shoe!
MOO - I think they said BK was at his residence until 2:45am or so (don't have PCA in front of me). I don't think they triggered him or even met him that night, he was just planning this for a while and had been stalking the house and the girls. I'd be shocked if any of the victims would have even recognized him prior to the murder, I just don't think they had any real interaction.

I'm trying to remember from the affidavit if they said the dog was heard barking at 4:17am. One thought I had was, if there was a murder happening on the 3rd floor before then, why would the dog start barking at 4:17? It seems the dog would start barking when it either encountered BK or he heard or saw the attack. I don't think the dog would wait until after all the chaos was over on the 3rd floor and THEN start barking.
I was debating if all the smells hit him then. When a person passes, blood isn't the only thing that happens (w/o being too graphic). I wondered if all those smells happening at once then caused the barking response. I don't know enough about dog behavior to know specifically but it crossed my mind is all. JMO. My husband works with different Smelling type dogs and they can be extremely sensitive to them (smells). Just a thought- probably off base. But with all we know- it was quiet then, so that's all I can think of. Maybe more will come out at trial to explain it better. IMO

Regarding the plumbing- do you have any logical reasons they did Not check it? When things feel one way but go a completely different way- I try to find the reasoning, counter thinking. Can't seem to find one for this, as you and many others have stated as well. Do you have Any ideas? It almost seems illogical not to check while you're there anyway. JMO.

There is no evidence that they didn’t check the plumbing, just that none was taken with them.

Speaking with PEOPLE, one police source said...
Once again, one police source that remains unnamed, who apparentlly has no interest in obeying the law.
Not buying it.
So Daily M is calling the source a "police" source, while people mag called it an "investigative source" What LE officer would risk their job and break the gag? What police source would say that he "slid into the girls'." dms (or whatever it was)? I find this news source unreliable, not bashing an approved source, just critically examining it, just saying it took People Mag's "investigative source" and named it as "police source" so Daily M made that up IMO, which means it has reported this story inaccuarately and that to me means unreliable. MOO

Here's my theory that I also posted on Twitter yesterday: could the Dickies tag be from this balaclava mask? Open the entire photo to see the tag front and center on the neck portion. I could see why he'd want to remove that. LE also thought it important enough to collect this tag during the search of his apartment.

Screenshot_20230118_175119_Chrome.jpg

So Daily M is calling the source a "police" source, while people mag called it an "investigative source" What LE officer would risk their job and break the gag? What police source would say that he "slid into the girls'." dms (or whatever it was)? I find this news source unreliable, not bashing an approved source, just critically examining it, just saying it took People Mag's "investigative source" and named it as "police source" so Daily M made that up IMO, which means it has reported this story inaccuarately and that to me means unreliable. MOO
Don't you just love it when a media source takes another media source's story, summarizes it, and passes it off as their own after embellishing words, etc.?!

4.17 for the barking dog via distorted audio
Correct, numerous times starting at approximately 4:17. IMHO it is a bit ambiguous as to whether the distortion of the audio is true for the dog barking or just the voices/whimpering sounds and loud thud.

And it is believed that this is the camera/microphone that picked it up.

1112-1122.jpg

Source

The public is requiring more and more irrefutable proof these days and even 99.999% of anything isn't good enough. I don't understand how we have come from a "reasonable doubt" to you must prove your case conclusively, with all biological, electronic, histrionic, and phycological evidence before a jury can say, "We the Jury find the defendant guilty." IMO the Watershed has swung so far. Truly sad IMO
I think many people have lost sight of the concept of "reasonable doubt" and think "circumstantial evidence" means weak evidence that needs nitpicking. I've seen it in these threads.

I think it's far more common than acknowledged that there is an attitude that the defendant must be quilty or they wouldn't be charging them. Decent citizens tend to side with LE over those accused of despicable crimes, it's just human nature. But the large number of post-conviction exonerations should weigh heavily on all of us, justice is never served by convicting innocent people.

Confirmation bias is real for all of us.

There is no evidence that they didn’t check the plumbing, just that none was taken with them.
This brings up an interesting question for me. What if they did check it (swab for DNA etc) and found incriminating evidence. Would there be a risk of it being tossed out if the plumbing was not specified in the search warrant?

IMO, maybe BK snuck a load of laundry in at his apt after the murders and it’s still sitting in the dryer? Except for his socks. As we all know socks disappear in the dryer.
Not even OJ tried to say his other glove was in the dryer. Pretty sure that LE would check the dryer. And the washer. They had a warrant. But BK would be real dumb to put a rubber glove in the dryer.

Last edited:
Either way, it's not a statement on his cleanliness.
Agree. And although wearing gloves while taking out the trash might be a sign of being super clean, more likely it was just BK avoiding leaving prints or DNA on the bag. Putting the trash in the neighbors’ bin was clearly a sneaky and deceptive move by BK.

Dog may have barked before 4.17 and not heard by the 2nd floor roomate and not picked up on audio of camera (situated to north west of the house). The 4.17 audio recording refs repeated barking IIRC. Don't see much evidence of there being 'chaos' on the 3rd floor. OTOH, 3rd floor murders may have been very quick and relatively silent (which is the impression I get from the PCA evidence, or my interp of it anyway) so dog wasn't roused and didn't bark. Surviving second floor roomate heard voices & crying or something like it :-( from direction of XK's room and audio recorded a thud at 4.17. That suggests to me that the murders in XK's room were noisier than in MMs room. The dog was in room directly above XK's room. Maybe that's why the repeated barking is contemporaneous with that thud on the audio. The 2nd floor survivor may have heard some barking at some point, but if so this info is excluded from the PCA. MOO

This case is so high profile that I'm expecting there to be other leaks down the road including what they gleaned from the white Elantra and trash search in PA.

At some point (hopefully soon), the amount of solid evidence is so overwhelming that the destiny of BK is sealed.

I think many people have lost sight of the concept of "reasonable doubt" and think "circumstantial evidence" means weak evidence that needs nitpicking. I've seen it in these threads.

Much of this language was new to me when this case first started and I thought circumstantial evidence was weakest. But after researching and learning, I now know the prosecution will feel much more confident going to court with a circumstantial case than they would with direct evidence because they can help the jury see the logic of it. If it’s direct evidence, it’s something that can be refuted or rebutted.

Police also found shoes with diamond-pattern soles — matching footprints found at the murder scene — as well as “data compilations” of information about the victims.

RBBM
Finding info about the victims in his apartment is significant. Which victims & what kind of data compilations?

Sounds like clear evidence of PREMEDITATION to me!

I want to know more about this particular evidence.

JMO

This brings up an interesting question for me. What if they did check it (swab for DNA etc) and found incriminating evidence. Would there be a risk of it being tossed out if the plumbing was not specified in the search warrant?

I think the warrant specifically states “but is not limited to,” but I could be wrong. I’m on my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satchel7