ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 68

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This will probably seem random because I’m very far back in the discussion ( page 14) and as fast as the thread moves the current discussion I’m reading has probably stopped being discussed. If you read this and know it has been discussed, solved etc., no need to reply because you will know that I will read what you have read eventually !! Lol. Yes, I’m one of those who wants to read every single post.

So here goes:
1. All my opinion
2. The average person will NEVER read or hear about the gag order
3. If the average person does happen to read, scan or hear about the gag order they probably won’t understand the way legal wording works…
Yep, that includes me!

Maybe perhaps the gag order should include a quick easy translation page with sentences that would be spoken by the average person. In this particular newer strict gag order that refers to more people there could be a simple bulleted list of the people WHO ARE ALLOWED TO TALK?

Thanks for reading, and I apologize if this is old and/or previously discussed idea. :)
Sounds to me like you are all caught up! I sort of wonder if the judge was being intentionally ambiguous.

It may be known, but certainly not by us. Considering that this PCA has to be one of the most detailed in history, you have to believe that if LE had such evidence it would have found it's way in there. But who knows what they have gleaned since December 29th.
Yea, (not) known by us is probably what I meant..!

Last edited:
This will probably seem random because I’m very far back in the discussion ( page 14) and as fast as the thread moves the current discussion I’m reading has probably stopped being discussed. If you read this and know it has been discussed, solved etc., no need to reply because you will know that I will read what you have read eventually !! Lol. Yes, I’m one of those who wants to read every single post.

So here goes:
1. All my opinion
2. The average person will NEVER read or hear about the gag order
3. If the average person does happen to read, scan or hear about the gag order they probably won’t understand the way legal wording works…
Yep, that includes me!

Maybe perhaps the gag order should include a quick easy translation page with sentences that would be spoken by the average person. In this particular newer strict gag order that refers to more people there could be a simple bulleted list of the people WHO ARE ALLOWED TO TALK?

Thanks for reading, and I apologize if this is old and/or previously discussed idea. :)
Nice post!

Completely fabricated.

The owner of Mad Greek, Jackie Fischer, says in a Facebook post that the report is based on "completely fabricated information."
"The news/media should really do their due diligence before running a story with completely fabricated information. This will be my only response to this story from People… It is not true," Fischer wrote.

Source
With all the grief Ms Fischer has endured with reporters even stalking her home, IMO she's contacted all current AND previous employees from the last six months and verified that none of them remember BK as a customer. How many previous employees could she have? Maybe a dozen? Call them up and ask them. Then reply to People Mag that their report was wrong.

Sadly, there are those who still won't believe her.

Completely fabricated.

The owner of Mad Greek, Jackie Fischer, says in a Facebook post that the report is based on "completely fabricated information."
"The news/media should really do their due diligence before running a story with completely fabricated information. This will be my only response to this story from People… It is not true," Fischer wrote.

Source

I suspect that the truth lies somewhere between he was never there or he was a regular and that's how he came in contact with them.

I'm going to guess he was a bit of a lurker and somebody knows about him but they sort of wanted to present a united front or someone does not understand the concept of the loyalties they agreed to. Both things can be true at once. In time, all will be revealed.

Last edited:
He does give off a lurky vibe. :)
Think about it. He arrives in the area, he's trying to get the lay of the land, and maybe he orders take out and waits for it outside on a summer day, watching. I don't really understand how people like this tick and I'm glad. I would guess he was a lot less direct than people assume.

Last edited:
The judge has refused to clarify. It certainly looks like it does apply to the family members and we sure haven't seen any of them come out and disprove that interpretation. If they can gag family members in the Delphi case they can do it anywhere.

On the Court's motion, in response to defendant's undated "Press Release", the Court issues an
order granting the State's Motion for Order Prohibiting the Parties, Counsel, Law Enforcement
Officials, Court Personnel, Coroner, and Family Members from Disseminating Information or
Releasing Any Extra-Judicial Statements by Means of Public Communication in whole, pending
hearing which the Court has just recently scheduled for January 13, 2023, at. 10:00 a.m. in the Carroll
Circuit Court.
I don’t think “the judge refused to clarify”as there has been no judicial filing requesting clarification resulting in a court proceeding. Jmo. That would be public record, if true.
The Carroll County order you quote clearly granted the State’s request to include family members in the Delphi case but that was not requested in Idaho and it is not what the judge wrote in her order. Just because she can doesn’t mean she did.
The family members who have been using the media could have just as well realized that continuing was not in the best interest of Justice.

I don’t think the order prevents family members from talking, it prevents lawyers, police, investigators, their clerks and associates from feeding them inside information.
I also don’t think anymore inside information is being shared with any attorneys that are not assigned to work this case as it is now prohibited [without authorization from the court = extrajudicial].

IT IS HEREBY ORDERED:
1. The attorneys for any interested party in this case, including the prosecuting attorney, defense attorney, and any attorney representing a witness, victim, or victim‘s family, as well as the parties to the above entitled action, including but not limited to investigators, law enforcement personal, and agents for the prosecuting attorney or defense attorney, are prohibited from making extrajudicial statements (written or oral) concerning this case, except, without additional comment, a quotation from or reference to the official public record of the case.

AMENDED NONDISSEMINATION ORDER
I think it reaches SG and other family members who are represented by lawyers in this way: the order goes on to prohibit actions that indirectly but intentionally violate the order. The lawyers as officers of the court are at risk of contempt proceedings and even loss of their licenses to practice if information in their possession leaks out through their client. They have every reason to ask their clients to refrain from making public statements that could get the lawyer in trouble, and to advise that their best interests will be served by letting the justice system do its work without trying to influence the outcome through the press.

With all the grief Ms Fischer has endured with reporters even stalking her home, IMO she's contacted all current AND previous employees from the last six months and verified that none of them remember BK as a customer. How many previous employees could she have? Maybe a dozen? Call them up and ask them. Then reply to People Mag that their report was wrong.

Sadly, there are those who still won't believe her.
I don't believe her. I think she doesn't want her restaurant involved & is in grief over the terrible losses of Maddie & Xana. Plus, she's been harassed, which adds to her pushback IMO.

"People" magazine has a source. I assume they vetted that source. Could they have been lied to? Sure. Whether BK came in contact with M and/or X there is unknown. But he could have eaten there.

LE could know something the restaurant owner doesn't know. And refuses to believe.

JMHO

Oh I know and agree, but my point was that it does happen where the defendant can plead something that's BS and lie to create reasonable doubt and punch holes in the prosecution any which way they can.

The case I mentioned as example was insane that the killer pleaded self defense... How can it be self defense with stabbing 37 times, breaking knives, running back and forth to get more knives? That was overkill not self defense, but alas... the killer pleaded it. Mind boggling.

I guess I am not following your argument. The Defense attorney has been on the job only a couple weeks, and is just beginning to receive what certainly is a massive amount of evidence to be reviewed. I certainly wouldn't think it is "being slick" to want to at lease look at the evidence that will be presented at a Preliminary Hearing in what could be a capital murder case. Should she go in to the hearing unprepared?
I think, in this case, she has plenty of time (til June) because it certainly was on her advice bk waived his right to a speedy trial. She knows the score, after all, this is not her first rodeo.

I don't believe her. I think she doesn't want her restaurant involved & is in grief over the terrible losses of Maddie & Xana. Plus, she's been harassed, which adds to her pushback IMO.

"People" magazine has a source. I assume they vetted that source. Could they have been lied to? Sure. Whether BK came in contact with M and/or X there is unknown. But he could have eaten there.

LE could know something the restaurant owner doesn't know. And refuses to believe.

JMHO
Hopefully, she will calm down. Merry Piglets endured high publicity too, during the Gabby Petito case.

BK probably ate in many restaurants. But it just so happens that two employees of one restaurant end up as his victims. It’s only natural that whether or not he visited Mad Greek, is being scrutinized.

Do you have a link for the judge's "refusal?" All I've seen is a clerk refusing to explain the order (not at all unusual-- clerks shouldn't interpret orders) and the statement that "judges don't explain" they speak through their orders-- so it is what it is. Has the judge actually said "I won't explain?"

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/crime/article271401557.html

JMO
Many courts have no jurisdiction to issue "advisory opinions" in the absence of a case brought before them. US courts have a constitutional requirement that confers jurisdiction only over a "case or controversy" for example.

The Idaho Constitution states: "Feigned issues are prohibited, and the fact at issue shall be tried by order of court before a jury." MOO, this would have the same effect on Idaho courts - the judge who issued the gag order can't issue an opinion in the absence of a complaint that the order has been violated. MOO

If it were otherwise, the judge's time would be wasted by hundreds of "mother may I" questions.

JMHO
If the source is law enforcement, whether the information is true or not they should be fired for violating a court order.

Also, the “source” claims they are investigating BK’s alleged presence at the restaurant, that they “collected surveillance video from the restaurant and surrounding businesses”, they didn’t state the result of the alleged investigation.

I wonder what BK's dad thought watching his son clean the interior of his car excessively for 5 hours...and then not even wash the outside.
I was wondering about that too. He may have originally told dad he wanted to trade it in for a newer car or sell it, BEFORE the arrest.

Then, AFTER the arrest the realization probably hit dad like a ton of bricks not just because the real reason he was cleaning it, but also that his son lied to him. ALL SPECULATION on my part. No known facts about what dad does or does not know.

It IS crazy and that's why I think the prosecution will strike and miss if they think this proves guilt. It just isn't conceivable to me that he'd wait for a solid month and a cross-country road trip to clean his vehicle.

MOO

I think it would only establish guilt if the items he disposed contained evidence but if I'm not mistaken, this came from another unnamed source.

JMHO
All's good. Everyone's opinion counts.

Ms Fischer specifically called out this person for wanting their 5 minute of fame. Nuff said.

I think there's a reason Ethan's info wasn't released in the PCA, it had to be different from the girls - so not stabbed in the same fashion... Without getting too graphic, more slashed/chop motions as mentioned above :(

So depending where the wounds were or if too many, COD might've been harder to determine as not an obvious spot on the body targeted (heart, head, throat/neck, etc). Sorry I feel bad typing this...

I think he was asleep otherwise DM would've heard Ethan vocalizing if he got up. Ethan's and Xana's faces were untouched according to that article posted awhile back (a possible interesting clue)... which leads me to believe one of the girls upstairs faces wasn't left untouched.

None of the injuries were fully covered in the PCA and I would suggest that it's impossible to speculate as the the nature of any of their injuries without an autopsy report.

Everybody seems to believe that you will hear people shout or vocalize when they are fighting for their lives but I assure you that is not the case.

Not directed at any individual but there seems to be a continual unertone that E coulda/woulda/shoulda saved the day simply because of his size and athletic ability, which strikes me as a painfully unfair stereotype that taints the memory of a seemingly terrific young man, considering he was also unarmed and his killer had the advantage of an extremely dangerous weapon and the element of surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025