ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 68

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is more to her statement that hasn't been released. There are snippets of sounds she heard and I would be very certain that LE would have asked questions about hearing him leave, how long it may have taken him to depart, sounds of running water, etc. She may have even been able to indicate if any bath or kitchen towels were missing that may have been used to wrap an unsheathed knife.

Both roommates have lived in the house long enough to know if a bedroom was missing a pillow or pillowcase, which could also be used to wrap an unsheathed knife.
I am with you completely. It’s going to be very interesting to hear from the two surviving roommates on everything being reported recently as well.

They lived together. They know so much not released to the public important to keep secret before trial.

Pretty sure they did and quickly too.
I remember reading in MSM early on right after the murders that the owner of the Corner Club bar (where Maddie and Kaylee spent time the evening of November 12th and early morning hours of November 13th) was cooperating fully with LE, so I am also sure that LE quickly interviewed and looked for video footage at the venues known to them that were related to the lives of the murdered students. That would include the Mad Greek and Corner Club Bar, Ethan's fraternity, etc.

I wonder again whether he had joined any online dating sites and how he described himself?
Pretty sure LE are on this but as I don't anticipate this trial will start for about 3 years am wondering what further sleuthing can be done now?
I need to understand why extreme violence was his personal choice, allegedly.

Just noticed a photo included in the story that shows LE visiting MG restaurant. It is dated Nov 17th underneath the photo. JMO

I just thought it was odd that they said they had video from MG but they didn't mention the places that the other victims worked (I think K worked at a coffeeshop? and I'm not sure if E had a job during the school year). I assumed this was all done back in November.

I've been reading up on this story and trying to keep up. This here is completely insane not 1 but 4 people was murder and no one saw or heard anything that could just nail this case. I mean easier said in done but 4 people in one house. I can't seem to wrap my head around this. No evidence of any kind left behind? Like fingerprints,DNA something. As well as if this is one person to have done this definitely need to get inside of this profile of this person. I'm a huge observer
LE has been very limited on their data release, but I recommend you read the probable cause affidavit for BK's arrest if you haven't already. Lots of media stories about this or that, basically impossible to keep up, but the PCA has a lot of helpful LE info about all of this. Link to the cases of interest page: Idaho Judicial Cases of Interest

There was DNA on a knife sheath left behind, at least one shoe print, and an eyewitness who was not hurt saw him leaving the house, not to mention lots of videos of the car and cell phone pings. Luckily this guy left a lot of evidence

I've been reading up on this story and trying to keep up. This here is completely insane not 1 but 4 people was murder and no one saw or heard anything that could just nail this case. I mean easier said in done but 4 people in one house. I can't seem to wrap my head around this. No evidence of any kind left behind? Like fingerprints,DNA something. As well as if this is one person to have done this definitely need to get inside of this profile of this person. I'm a huge observer
They do have BK’s DNA on a knife sheath left at the crime scene.

Hi there, and welcome to WS!
LE did find DNA on the leather knife sheath left behind on one of the beds at the crime scene.
I agree, it is hard to keep up!

Good point. They probably did. Probably had little trail cams all around.
Just occurred to me ( I live in Pennsylvania) that multiple hunting seasons are happing in Pennsylvania during the timing of BKs arrest. No one would even think twice about someone walking around dressed head to toe in Real Tree or Mossy Oak clothing especially if the required orange was worn.
My point being that FBI or other LE could simply be undercover in plain sight for lack of a better description.
All my opinion naturally :)

The amount of fake news and rumors surrounding this case is discouraging.

It makes me question virtually everything that's reported.
The judge has refused to clarify. It certainly looks like it does apply to the family members and we sure haven't seen any of them come out and disprove that interpretation. If they can gag family members in the Delphi case they can do it anywhere.

On the Court's motion, in response to defendant's undated "Press Release", the Court issues an
order granting the State's Motion for Order Prohibiting the Parties, Counsel, Law Enforcement
Officials, Court Personnel, Coroner, and Family Members from Disseminating Information or
Releasing Any Extra-Judicial Statements by Means of Public Communication in whole, pending
hearing which the Court has just recently scheduled for January 13, 2023, at. 10:00 a.m. in the Carroll
Circuit Court.

This will probably seem random because I’m very far back in the discussion ( page 14) and as fast as the thread moves the current discussion I’m reading has probably stopped being discussed. If you read this and know it has been discussed, solved etc., no need to reply because you will know that I will read what you have read eventually !! Lol. Yes, I’m one of those who wants to read every single post.

So here goes:
1. All my opinion
2. The average person will NEVER read or hear about the gag order
3. If the average person does happen to read, scan or hear about the gag order they probably won’t understand the way legal wording works…
Yep, that includes me!

Maybe perhaps the gag order should include a quick easy translation page with sentences that would be spoken by the average person. In this particular newer strict gag order that refers to more people there could be a simple bulleted list of the people WHO ARE ALLOWED TO TALK?

Thanks for reading, and I apologize if this is old and/or previously discussed idea.
People can talk. They just can’t “disseminate information” or “release any extra-judicial statements” (“without legal authority”) about the case itself through public media, in order to ensure a fair trial. Family members can talk about the victims, their own emotions, etc. but just not leak or firehose info they learn about the case from “sources” that may be wrong, inadmissible in court, or prejudicial. A parent can write a book about the victim! But not if he opines on BK.

People can talk. They just can’t “disseminate information” or “release any extra-judicial statements” (“without legal authority”) about the case itself through public media, in order to ensure a fair trial. Family members can talk about the victims, their own emotions, etc. but just not leak or firehose info they learn about the case from “sources” that may be wrong, inadmissible in court, or prejudicial. A parent can write a book about the victim! But not if he opines on BK.
You seem well versed on legal things. Mind if I ask a question? Just ignore if you do mind.

In the Delphi case the gag order was instituted at the request of and seemingly to the benefit of the prosecution. I have never seen that before. Is that unusual?

I think there is more to her statement that hasn't been released. There are snippets of sounds she heard and I would be very certain that LE would have asked questions about hearing him leave, how long it may have taken him to depart, sounds of running water, etc. She may have even been able to indicate if any bath or kitchen towels were missing that may have been used to wrap an unsheathed knife.

Both roommates have lived in the house long enough to know if a bedroom was missing a pillow or pillowcase, which could also be used to wrap an unsheathed knife.
If he needed to wrap the knife in something, don't you think that would have triggered the realization that he'd lost the sheath somewhere and caused him to go looking for it? He wasn't in the house long enough to have time to do that.

I'm sure y'all are already discussing this, I am far behind and have given up on catching up TBF lol

Idaho murders suspect's alleged messages to one of his victims could be the missing 'link' for motive | Fox News
"Finally, have we found the link between Bryan Kohberger and his four murder victims, according to police? Of course the state never has to prove motive, but any jury would wonder why would he target people he had never met – or had he?" crime expert Nancy Grace posited.

Was wondering if they have proof of what they are putting out there or if it's just smoke and mirrors to get more clicks, if anyone can fill me in
Thanks!

You seem well versed on legal things. Mind if I ask a question? Just ignore if you do mind.

In the Delphi case the gag order was instituted at the request of and seemingly to the benefit of the prosecution. I have never seen that before. Is that unusual?

I don't want to gag anybody. On the other hand, I would like a fair trial and conviction if at all possible. I'm not sure we can control folks in the least. BUT, if I were a judge, I would probably advise everybody to STFU to help the prosecution.

JMHO

IMHO As much as I want every little detail regarding this case, I hope that facts trickles out in a manner that does not hinder in the "alleged" killer BK trial being delayed for a long time. Personally, I think LE has done exactly what they should have been doing and are doing. If we put it in perspective, this arrest happened rather quickly. Rarely do we see the killer on video leaving the scene with a bloody knife walking calmly to their vehicle. It took a long time for Bundy to be caught.
I imagine much much more will be coming out about BK and all the details of his actions. These poor families will have to deal with this for a long time.
I am not an attorney and if someone on WS is please jump in. I'm guessing that BK did not enter a plea with his first Idaho appearance because :
1. His attorney needs time to see all LE has gathered in order to defend BK
2. BK and his attorney want to see exactly what there is to determine what plea he will give.
3. I Don't Know BUT can the DA go for a Grand Jury to move the case forward prior to his plea???

Details and questions every where.

Is the wall where "red substance" was trickling the same wall below the bedroom in which Xana and Ethan were murdered?

I don't want to gag anybody. On the other hand, I would like a fair trial and conviction if at all possible. I'm not sure we can control folks in the least. BUT, if I were a judge, I would probably advise everybody to STFU to help the prosecution.

JMHO
The thing is... this is 2023 and old-fashioned courts, legal systems, and investigations have got to change. Websleuths are investigating and finding facts, ahead of all the media and press. The truth is, because of world wide internet and intelligence (go sleuths) the old way of investigations, is done. Just like other professions (medical, dental, teaching, etc.) times have completely changed. Science is progressing at indeterminable rates. If I were the judge, I would lift the gag orders (and the legal profession needs to lower their ridiculous rates, update to 2023 language, and change pleadings and court procedures) Basically, the days of the Barristers is over. Gum shoe, yes. Gag orders, no. jmo, moo, omo, lmnop.

The thing is... this is 2023 and old-fashioned courts, legal systems, and investigations have got to change. Websleuths are investigating and finding facts, ahead of all the media and press. The truth is, because of world wide internet and intelligence (go sleuths) the old way of investigations, is done. Just like other professions (medical, dental, teaching, etc.) times have completely changed. Science is progressing at indeterminable rates. If I were the judge, I would lift the gag orders (and the legal profession needs to lower their ridiculous rates, update to 2023 language, and change pleadings and court procedures) Basically, the days of the Barristers is over. Gum shoe, yes. Gag orders, no. jmo, moo, omo, lmnop.
We do not have "Barristers" in the US, but the UK does.

Lawyers can charge whatever amount they want for their representation.

Just what is "old fashioned" about "courts, legal systems"?

Exactly what is "2023 language"?

If you were a judge, you would not lift the gag order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lisa0457