ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide, Moscow, 13 Nov 2022 ****Media Thread**** NO DISCUSSION

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Autopsies were conducted on November 17th. The Latah County Coroner confirmed the identity of the four murdered individuals and their cause and manner of death as homicide by stabbing. The coroner stated the four victims were likely asleep, some had defensive wounds, and each was stabbed multiple times. There was no sign of sexual assault.

TRANSCRIPT OF INTERVIEW WITH KAYLEE'S DAD (FOX NEWS)

5th December.

Presenter - S., before we start this interview, I just want you to know how much our hearts go out to you. I know from what I'm hearing from people everywhere that they are with you, they are praying for you and they're also hoping for justice to come sooner rather than later for your daughter and her friends. You mentioned here, you talked about the manner in which Kaylee and Maddie were killed, is different. And, what does that tell you?. And, what are the police telling you that that means?.

Dad - There's a couple things that tell me, with common sense, but I'm not a professional so I want to specify that, but they've said the entry point was the slider or the window. It was in the middle floor. So, to me, he doesn't have to go upstairs. His entry and exit are available without having to go upstairs or downstairs. Looks like he probably may have not gone downstairs. We don't know that for sure, but he obviously went upstairs. So, I'm using logic that he chose to go up there when he didn't have too and I can kind of tell by my daughter's texts messages, she didn't call 911, she wasn't saying anything along the lines of like she heard something or she was in fear. So, I'm just putting the dots together. As far as the investigators - they're very tight lipped and they're keeping everything close to their vest and I understand that and I'm probably not the right person to share all these things with. So, I'm just trusting them that their case is super tight and they don't really need to reach out to the community and all the evidence is right there in that home.

Presenter - So, Steve, and I want to be respectful as I can tell you're trying to walk this tight rope as well with law enforcement, but the desire to know and get some type of action, as well. You've said, both now to Rachel and then in the clip in your appearance with Laurence Jones, that your daughter and Maddie had different means or manner of attack and that suggests one of them was the target. Can you share with us, do you know and you can't share, either way, which one was targeted?.

Dad - I can't. I asked for permission to do just that and they said no. I probably over disclosed information that they wish I wouldn't have said, but the story's going cold. There's less people coming to Moscow. I'm not gonna go sleep in my bed knowing that I could get up and I could go to town and I could I could do something, and I'm not gonna go away and I hate to be a pain but, as a father, I just can't even sleep thinking that I could be doing something. So, that's why I'm...

Presenter - Understandable. Let me ask the flipside too. You're being respectful toward police about the fact that they need to be tight lipped, but if there was something you felt like you deserve to know, or you should know as a father, at this point, are there questions you have unresolved from the police that you feel like, 'hey, just throw me a bone here and let me know'?.

Dad - For sure. I mean, alibis, just share the alibi. If you're not sharing an alibi, to me, it tells me that you're not 100% confident that it's gonna stick. Or, you have somebody who's gonna come forward and say, 'hey, I don't know what he told you or that person's alibi was, but I have this information, I have something'. So, if you don't share the alibi it makes it a little bit harder for us to just let those go and I've said it before, I don't wanna make victims out of just bystanders and witnesses. So, just share those things and that would help.

Presenter - S., do you get the sense that you're being asked to not talk more and that law enforcement is being so tight lipped to protect an investigation that is honing in on a conclusion, or because they are totally lost and there is no real sense of direction?. I think all of us, we want to trust law enforcement, we want them to do their job, but I don't know if you know. I have no idea - Is this thing honing in at this point, or is it scattered all over the place?.

Dad - Wish I knew for sure. I did sit down with the investigator, the lead investigator, and I looked in his eyes and I got a sense that this guy was gonna do everything in his power to figure something out. But, if the evidence isn't there, that's the part that I'm concerned.. and then there's layers of separation. The communication is not the same as the boots on the ground. All the officers that are out on the streets, those guys are working their tails off, but there's a different person who does the communication and that guy's sitting with the lawyer and that guy's sitting there telling him, 'you gotta protect things that are beyond the case, like the town and the community and the college itself'. Those don't matter as much to me. I mean, I definitely don't want to hurt them, but I have an agenda and I think it's pretty clear it's these two girls and that's what I'm working for and I'm not gonna let that story fall apart, just because they don't want wanted posters, you know, on their next rush of students that come into town.

Presenter - Wow. You know, I have to say, S., I hadn't really considered those factors, but it's obvious that that would be a consideration for the Communications Director of the Police Department and also the PR for the school and the town. Are you communicating with the parents of the other victims?. Are they feeling as frustrated as you are?. I hate to ask a two-part question, but I'm going to do it anyway. Do you feel confident in the police investigation and the people investigating right now?.

Dad - I do not feel confident and that's why I push the envelope and say a little bit more. I hate to be that guy but, you know, there's a job to do. Everybody has a job and a role to play in this and this is my role as a parent. I have talked to, obviously, Maddie's mother and her father and I've talked to Xana's father and he said, 'hey, you can speak on behalf and you can help push this narrative'. So, I feel confident there. That's as far as the real communications that I have. So, one family have missed out to being able to be in the same location, and the same (??) to really get on the same page. So, I try not to mention that and stay within my lane of what is my role and I'm not trying to just gear it all to my daughter. It's just I can't speak for other people.

Presenter - S., before we let you go, just share a little bit with our audience about Kaylee.

Dad - Kaylee was amazing, hard worker. She was like.. she hung out with two boys, her brother and her cousin, and she was right in between. She wanted to be faster than them. She was that girl that was like, really like, she was kind of like a Punky Brewster type girl. And we missed out on a really smart person that was going to be a little conservative. She was conservative. She was always looking up stories on child, you know, getting trafficked and she was telling me that she thinks it's a lot bigger than people understand. So, you know, we can't replace her guys. There's no replacing any one of these people.

Presenter - S, we're all parents on this couch and I just can't tell you how much we feel for you. Can't imagine what you're going through, you and your whole family and I know that you came on the show today because you're hoping that people that might have information, you're hoping that more information come forward, and so we encourage anybody to call 208-883-7180. And I've heard you say before S., it could be anything. You have no idea how small the piece of information could be that could help.

You know, and S., good on you for agitating. We need more men and fathers willing to do precisely what you're doing. Keeping people honest and working toward a solution. God bless.

You're doing your daughter's memory proud and frankly you're an amazing example of fatherhood, even after something tragic like this happened. Thank you for joining us today.

Dad - Thank you guy's. Have a good day.

MPD COLLECTING VICTIMS BELONGINGS

Reporter - Describe what is happening at the residence tomorrow?.

LE - Tomorrow, me and my command team, and other individuals, will be going in to box up personal belongings of the people that lived there and we're going to be getting those items back to the families. It's time for us to get those things back that really mean something to those families and hopefully it'll help with some of their healing.

Reporter - Why do you personally want to be involved in collecting these possessions?.

LE - We have a lot of investigators, investigating and I'm not tied into the investigation side of it, where I'm physically interviewing people and it's important to me. It's important for us, as a department, to go in and take care of the families and get the items for them, so that they can have some of those back and some of those memories back that are fond memories. And, I'm a dad, I understand the meaning behind some of those things. It may be something that we gave one of our children or something and we're just trying to bring some of that healing.

Reporter - As people learn about this stage of the investigation - What do you want to say about where you're at with the investigation?.

LE - We're at that point in the investigation where we're still gathering information. We're still gathering tips, we're still gathering evidence. We're still doing everything we need to do, but there also comes a point in time when the family needs to have those belongings back, the ones that we can get them back. They've asked for some of those things back. So we're ready to take care of that for them.

BBM / RSBM The following Johnny Law youtube was originally posted by Mayboy1998 RSBM with analysis of the layout of the house, where individuals may have been sleeping, and it speaks to the location of the red liquid in relation to the overall layout of the house.

Moscow Homicide Update

12/8/22-- MPD PRESS RELEASE

Moscow Homicide Update The Moscow Police Department is providing the following information to update the public on the known facts surrounding the four murders that occurred on November 13th in Moscow, Idaho. MOSCOW, Idaho

– Due to the volume of calls with tips and leads coming in about the request for information about a white 2011-2013 Hyundai Elantra, the Tip Line is now directed to an FBI call center.

The global call center has the resources to take those calls, categorize them, and send them on to investigators so they can utilize those tips in the investigation.

Please be aware that this new call process takes patience on behalf of the caller, and there are some prompts to follow. Remember, your tip may be the key to solving this case.

Watch an interview with Moscow Police Chief James Fry released today for media and public use on the Moscow Police YouTube Channel.

As previously reported, detectives are interested in speaking with the occupant(s) of a white 2011-2013 Hyundai Elantra, with an unknown license plate. Tips and leads have led investigators to look for additional information about a vehicle being in the immediate area of the King Street residence during the early morning hours of November 13th.

Investigators believe the occupant(s) of this vehicle may have critical information to share regarding this case. If you know of or own a vehicle matching this description, or know of anyone who may have been driving this vehicle on the days preceding or the day of the murders, please forward that information to the Tip Line.

Information can be submitted:
• Tip Line: 208-883-7180
• Email: tipline@ci.moscow.id.us
• Digital Media: fbi.gov/moscowidaho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics