ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide, Moscow, 13 Nov 2022 ****Media Thread**** NO DISCUSSION

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
TRANSCRIPT
FRY GIVES BRIEF UPDATE

16TH. DECEMBER.

Question - Student's are returning home for winter break. Does that present challenges for the investigation?.

Chief - I think it's always a little bit of a challenge. We went through this right after Thanksgiving and all that, but we have investigators all across the nation, we have investigators all across the state with the state police and the FBI. So, we'll adapt to that and we'll continue to do our investigation.

Question - What about investigators, can they keep up this investigative pace over the holidays?.

Chief - We will continue to keep up this pace. We're giving individuals time off when they need it. We're augmenting other people into those spots so that the investigation continues, but we're not going to stop investigating this.

Question - What kind of progress has been made regarding the search for information about the white Hyundai Elantra?.

Chief - We have looked at massive amounts of video footage, especially in the critical camera areas and we looked at the 24 hours prior to and 24 hours after of those and now we're extending that out even further to other cameras and other time frames.

Question - What kind of manpower does it take to really deal with all of the video coming in and the tips?.

Chief - We have massive amounts of people looking at this. Multiple different groups looking at the different videos in different locations, just because we have investigators all across the nation that are reviewing these videos for us and sending us back information on that.

12/17/22

MOSCOW, Idaho – EXCLUSIVE: Newly disclosed surveillance video said to have been taken early on Nov. 13 appears to show slain University of Idaho students Kaylee Goncalves and Maddie Mogen walking with a man in downtown Moscow hours before the quadruple stabbing in a rental house steps away from campus.

[..]

"Maddie, what did you say to Adam?" a woman asks as the group walks under an outdoor surveillance camera. "Like, I told Adam everything," the second woman replies.

[..]

They told Fox News Digital it was provided to them by a Moscow resident who previously submitted it to police and believes making it public can provide greater context about the incident.

TRANSCRIPTION OF INTERVIEW WITH KAYLEE'S DAD

17TH DECEMBER.

Reporter - Joining me now is the father of Kaylee Gonsalves, as well as their family's attorney. S. thanks so much for joining the programme, again. I made a promise to you that our audience would stay on this case and not let this case die. We had a cooling off period last week, out of respect for law enforcement to bring the temperature down a little bit. What new can you tell us, S.?. I know we got this new surveillance video that was released by our digital team today. What can you tell us?.

Dad - We've had that film for a while. I believe the business reached out to us directly and after they had given it to the police. So, it was kind of a comfort to us because it's just two girls having a good time, talking about, you know, asking about their bartender and just being girls on the way to the GRUB truck.

Reporter - Yeah, so you don't suspect that this guy A. that's stated in the video is somehow a suspect or anything like that?. You guys have known about this video for awhile?.

Dad - We have and we asked and we did the obvious due diligence when we looked into that and it was pretty clear that this individual was not a part of the investigation, as far as a suspect.

Reporter - S. what can you tell us about the investigation?. We heard about the car details being released as well. Is there anything that we can do to get some answers for you guys so we can get this suspect whoever it is in custody?.

Dad - They've kind of informed us, through communications, that they've checked all the easiest paths. So, like if this individual had this car registered to his name and it was just something very quick that they could just look up in the area and go right to his house, they've done all the due diligence, they've done all that. So, now they're reaching out and they're gonna look to the community to see if this individual borrowed this car. It doesn't appear that it's something that they have real easy access to. So, he may have ran and they really pushed the narrative saying, 'hey, if we can get these guys to focus on something that's really helpful', which is this car, and find out if somebody says, 'hey, you know that car that looks a lot like mine. I'm gonna come forward and just volunteer my information', and they can figure out if somebody else had borrowed it or if.. heck who knows.

Reporter - S. we talked about this off air but one of the reasons why I want to bring this up is because I think it's critical to this investigation. A lot of these young people were teenagers and there may have been some illicit activity that was minor that they would have gotten in trouble for it and, it may be preventing them from coming forward. What can you tell these young people to kind of motivate them to give up some answers, 'don't worry bout all the petty stuff four innocent lives were lost here'.

Dad - Yeah, I want kids to understand that this is such a big case that these guys have their hands full. I wanted to go out there and tell everyone we, as a family, support the local police officers. So much so that we want them to be able to work on this case. I know that this is way over the normal workload that they normally have, plus they have patrols. They have to patrol now, this guy's not caught. There were some rumours that I called these officers - coward, that was not for these officers, that was for a lawyer that was standing in between what the officers would like to release and what is actually being released. And, I called that individual and this was just about coming forward to say that the profile is a male. I feel like, at a month we can rule that that's not going to hurt the case. It's pretty clear. The coroner said this was a very strong individual, two people had defensive wounds, overpowered those people. So, I'm just trying to steer the conversation into a way. I have another son, I have another person who's going to school there and I don't want him walking around the streets if it's not safe. We know as a family what we're looking for. If they see an individual looking a certain way, I'm telling my kids to stay clear of that.

Reporter - This is your first Christmas without Kaylee. How you doing?. How's your family doing?.

Dad - To be honest, we're not really gonna have a Christmas because you just can't.. you can't get yourself there to where it would make sense. One of my children, the youngest one, is gonna go stay with some families cause they're gonna have the normal type Christmas. She deserves that but for us we can't do that, it's too close to our heart. How do you have a celebration like this when you've last two of your favourite people in the world.

Reporter - Brother, we continue to pray for you, our audience as well. Thank you so much for joining the programme.

TRANSCRIPT
CHIEF GIVES BRIEF UPDATE

19TH DECEMBER.

Question - Where are we at with the number of tips that have come in and leads?.

Chief - We've had right around 10,000 tips come in. We're reviewing all those tips. We're checking to ensure that we have individuals who look at those tips and any piece of evidence that they can link to this case, they're doing so.

Question - What about the video evidence?. How is that reviewed?. What do you do with it?.

Chief - We have a special team of individuals who are skilled at watching videos, collecting evidence and information out of those videos and linking them together so that we can tie every piece together for this investigation.

Question - What do you have for an update about the white Hyundai Elantra?.

Chief - We have many tips that have come in on the 2011-2013 Hyundai Elantra, but what we're asking is, anybody else who still hasn't sent in a tip - if you own one or if you know somebody who was driving one the day before or the day after, to please send that tip in.

Question - What about the holidays?. What does that mean for the investigation and all the people working on it?.

Chief - That does not change anything for us. We're going to continue to push through the holidays. We have a team that will continue to do the investigation work on that, as we move through the holidays.

Question - And finally, why is it important to keep video digital submissions part of the investigation as it's sorted through?.

Chief - As our individuals are sorting through that, all that information could be one key piece for this investigation. So, they're reviewing all that, they're looking at that and they're looking for any keys that tie together any specific investigative pieces that we need to solve this case.

TRANSCRIPTION
BRIEF UPDATE BY THE CHIEF

20TH DECEMBER.

Chief - So, I know there's been some questions about the leadership in this investigation. What I want people to know is, this is a Moscow Police Department investigation. We're utilising the resources of the FBI and the State Police, but we pick the investigators. My command team overseas this. We have 94 years of experience between us and we're going to continue to work this case. We're gonna continue to work it to the completion. We have a lot of resources that we're utilising, but we still ask for your help. We ask for any tips that you might have, anything that you might be able to give us. We're going to take a look at those, but be assured that this investigation is the Moscow Police Department's and I am the Chief and we're going to follow through with this and just know that from the very beginning of this we've been a unified group and we make decisions together but those, ultimately, I stand behind at the end.

I'd like to update you on our tips so far. We've received 7600 e-mail tips. We received 4300 phone tips. We've received 4500 digital tips. All this helps build the picture that we're trying to put together here to solve this case. What we want you to know is, we appreciate all your help. We appreciate everything you've done, but we're asking that if you have anything additional, please just send it to us through our tip line or through our e-mail tip line. We appreciate that.

TRANSCRIPT OF BANFIELD TALKING TO SHANON GRAY - GONCALVES ATTORNEY

20TH DECEMBER.

Banfield - Joining me now is Shanon Gray. He is the attorney representing the family of Kaylee Goncalves. Mr. Gray, thank you so much for being here. So let's start with A. Who exactly is A.?. And, has A. been helpful at all in this investigation?.

Gray - It's my understanding that A. is just the bartender at the Corner Bar that they were referring to. I think it was just conversation that they were having between the two of them. I don't think he's involved in the investigation at all though, so.

Banfield - You've done so much investigative work and you've been a prosecutor, a defense attorney in murder cases, so you know how it works. And, I would imagine that anybody who saw these girls in the hours before they died might be able to at least say who was in the bar, whether they witnessed anything unusual. What was it when they said 'I told A. everything'?. Do you have any idea what that meant?. Was that something A. could enlighten everybody to?.

Gray - I have no idea. I can't speak to that conversation and I would hope that the Moscow Police Department would follow up with this video and some of the statements that were made in it. So, that's what we're having faith, that they followed up on that, on the video.

Banfield - Yeah, amen to that. What about the notion that there's a lot of, sort of people, triangulating social media?. As you know, there are cyber sleuths who sometimes wreak havoc, but sometimes really provide some pretty good investigative help to police. And, there is some connection between A. and Kaylee's ex-boyfriend. There's pictures of them, I think on tik tok. There's a picture of A. with Kaylee's dog, so they clearly have a close friendship. Do you know anything about the connection between A. and Kaylee's ex-boyfriend?.

Gray - No, I don't. We don't have any of that information. So, you know, this is stuff that people are just doing some digging and you know it's part of the investigation process when you're not getting a lot of information, people start digging into a lot of different things and trying to figure out things on their own and we believe that the community is who will help solve this case anyway. So, we encourage people to continue to do the things that they need to do and help out the police and the investigation.

Banfield - Alright. So, what about the young man in the hoodie who's walking with Kaylee and Maddie down the sidewalk and who looks so much like the young hooded man who was seemingly lurking in the background, but did not appear to be with them in anyway at the food truck?. Does Kaylee's family believe it's the same person?. Is there any concern about how early he was cleared in all of this?.

Gray - Looking at the video, we think it's probably the same person. This videos appears to be shot right before the food truck, they get to the food truck. So, I think they think that it's the same person that was with them at the food truck. In regards to clearing people, you know, I think clearing is one of those words that investigators use as far as - they might clear someone and then they might get new additional information and revisit that person, somehow, down the line. So, if they cleared him in this, I'm not sure that they can't revisit any potential suspects that they might have.

Banfield - I can imagine that this is just excruciating for your client's, for the Goncalves family. S. and K. have said, before, they're frustrated, they want more information from the police and it's come to our attention that the lead investigator on the Moscow Police who's running the show for the Moscow Police is a two year veteran of the force. So, he's literally a rookie. I don't know if I got bad information or if that's true. Do you know anything about that?. Why on earth, if that's true, would someone with so little experience be put in charge of something so incredibly difficult, complex and critical?.

Gray - From the get go, I really want to make it clear that we are supportive of the investigation. We're supportive of everybody that's working on the investigation. We're supportive of all the resources that have been provided for the investigation, throughout, but we also have to hold people accountable for the decisions that they're making. My understanding is that the person that's... when we went into the meeting on Monday, they.. Brett Payne, is the individual who identified himself as the lead investigator from the Moscow Police Department on the case. My understanding is that he was hired in 2020, as a rookie, and so, he has a total of two years experience. As some follow up to that, I sent a request over. I sent an e-mail over to the Moscow Police Department asking for them to send some credentials over, some experience, education, that Officer Payne might have, that would lead.. how he might be able to lead this investigation, give us some confidence in that and their response was that 'it's personnel records and we're not privy to that information' and I find that just...

Banfield - We can dig up on that. We can certainly do some digging on that as well and find out. Shanon let me ask you one more question. I've only got about 20 seconds left, but I do want to ask you this, because this is happening more and more with crime victims. It happened to the Sandy Hook families. It happened to Shannan Watt's family - more and more of the cyber community, who can be so cruel, harass crime victims. Has this been happening to the Goncalves family too?.

Gray - Yes. The Goncalves family has received... they will receive random emails or text messages, or things along those lines, that are just completely inappropriate. They're taunting or whatever it might be and in today's world it's amazing that people are out there that do these things to victims of crimes, and it's my understanding that the Moscow Police Department had stated that if those people crossed the line, in regards to harassment, that they will be prosecuting those individuals. So, hopefully they'll stick behind that, if that ever comes up and becomes an issue with any of the victims families.

Banfield - I'm so sorry to hear that Shanon, please pass on our regrets to the family that they're having to go through that. That's being doubly victimised and it's just unconscionable. Thank you for being here. I appreciate this.

1/4

Moscow, Idaho Police were called to the house where the murders happened back on September 1st for a noise complaint. You can hear music and partying when officers first walk up.

2/4

In this clip you can see inside one of the downstairs bedrooms as police walk around the outside of the house.

3/4

When two men open the door – they tell officers no one inside the house partying actually lives in the house.

4/4

Police eventually get Maddie Mogen on the phone.

TRANSCRIPTION OF BRIAN ENTIN'S INTERVIEW WITH CHIEF FRY

23RD DECEMBER.

Entin - Chief, thank you so much for being with us. It's been almost 6 weeks now since the murders. I know you're getting hundreds of tips still coming in every day. Are you getting closer, Chief, to finding the killer or killers?.

Chief - We're continuing the investigation, we're continuing to push on. Like I said from the very beginning, I'm very confident that we will have a conclusion to this. A timeline - that's going to be as things develop, and we're following up on all those leads.

Entin - The latest I heard, you've done 250 interviews, your detectives, which is an enormous amount of work going on, behind the scenes, that obviously the public can't see. And I know there's a lot you can't talk about, but can you tell us whether you're zeroing in on one or two people at this point?.

Chief - Like we've said through the whole investigation, there's things we have to keep for the integrity of the case, and we're going to continue with that. We are interviewing a lot of people and we are gathering a lot of information and we're putting that puzzle together. And were painting a picture and we're trying to put that all together.

Entin - I've sort of thought about this, Chief. The fact that you've got so many resources there and the FBI and technology and the resources from the feds - Should we assume that this was almost someone.. like almost like a professional who knew what they were doing?. Because it seems like if this was just some college kid, surely that person would have been tracked down by now?.

Chief - So I think there's some misconception out there with how we operate, here in Moscow. We've called in ATF in the past. We've called in the FBI in the past on many of these big cases because they have resources that we don't. We want to have the best investigators there. That's why we call in the state police, from the very beginning of these, as well. So we've always done this type of investigations with the help of our federal partners as well as our state partners.

Entin - And you mentioned calling in the state police at the beginning. One concern that we've heard from the Goncalves family attorney is he has questioned how the investigation was handled in the first 48 hours. He says perhaps there was more that could have been done, immediately after the murders. Do you think things were handled properly right at the beginning?. I mean, do you have any regrets about the way things were initially handled?.

Chief - I do think they were handled properly. We secured the scene quickly. We called in the state police. We did our due diligence in getting the things that we needed to do, to have this be a solid case all the way through. We called in the state lab to collect evidence and, I believe that, it was the initial stuff that we started and how we did things that will help bring this to a conclusion.

Entin - School's out now, winter break at University of Idaho. I believe the kids come back on January 11th. We've heard from parents who are worried, saying, you know, 'maybe I'm going to keep my kids home or have them do online school'. What do you say to those families that are concerned about sending students back?.

Chief - What I've always said is, is we're a very proactive police force. We're out and about. We're on campus a lot. We're out doing patrols, but personal safety - People do need to pay attention to their surroundings. People need to make sure that they watch out for one another. But we want the students to come back. We will also want them to feel safe. So that's going to be a family decision, I think, on a lot of those parents and kids.

Entin - Is there anyway of knowing right now and, again, I know there's things you can't say, of whether this murderer is still in the area or maybe far away by now?.

Chief - Like I said, we're not disclosing any of that, but it's not that... we just don't know at this point. We're still trying to put everything together. We've said all along that we need people to be vigilant. We need people to pay attention because we're not sure exactly where the individual is.

Entin - The white Hyundai Elantra that's obviously gotten so much attention. People all over the country looking for it. Should they still be on the look out?. Do you think you've gathered what you need, in terms of that car or are you still wanting people to call in?.

Chief - We still are asking people to call in on any spotting of a white Elantra. We appreciate all the tips that we've gotten, not only from local Moscow, but across the nation. And we're following up on all those, so every tip helps. Like I said, we don't know exactly which tip is going to be the one that really secures a piece of information that we're looking for, but we're looking at all those.

Entin - I've been outside the house quite a bit over the last month. It was two days ago there were two detectives that showed back up to that house. Any idea how long you'll keep that a crime scene, the way it is, all roped off?.

Chief - I'm not exactly sure. We're working with investigators to verify when they're ready to release that, but as soon as we can release it, we will.

Entin - And I know how hard everyone has been working, again, behind the scenes. You have so many detectives on the case and the feds and the state troopers who are there. Obviously, a lot of people working the case have families and kids. I know you've mentioned before that there's young officers that first showed up to the crime scene and it was emotional for them. How's everybody doing at the department?.

Chief - I think we're doing well, actually. We're very committed, were committed to this. We've said all along that we will push through and we're giving people time off, as needed, and giving them a break and getting them back. But we're keeping people healthy and we're going to continue to push on this. We're committed to this.

Entin - Well, Chief Fry, we appreciate your time. I know how hard everyone is working. I know the families appreciate the hard work and thanks for coming on tonight.

Chief - Thank you and I appreciate it.

TRANSCRIPTION OF INTERVIEW WITH AARON SNELL

22ND DECEMBER.

Levy - Joining me to discuss the very latest in this investigation is Aaron Snell. He's a Public Information Officer, for the Idaho State Police, which is assisting Moscow Police with this investigation, along with the FBI and he's serving as a spokesperson for Moscow PD. Aaron, welcome to sidebar. Thanks for coming on.

Snell - Thank you for having me today. I appreciate it.

Levy - Aaron, what is the very latest?.

Snell - So at this point in time we're still processing through our tips and our leads and we're really working on developing a full picture of what occured the night of the incident and, as well, the nights before. We're trying to add context. That way our investigators really have a full idea of what occurred and which direction that they need to go.

Levy - The last time we spoke, when I was in Idaho a couple of weeks ago, you said that the picture was becoming more clear. A couple of weeks has passed now. How much more clear is that picture now?.

Snell - We keep using this picture analogy, but it is true. The further we get into this, the more evidence that we receive back from our crime labs., we've been receiving all along now. The more analytics that we have, the more that we're able to see really what occurred. Again, we use the word context. We're trying to develop context. Talking with the various people that were around the victims that night. And we've done over 250 interviews. So really we are getting a clearer picture as we go. You know, the question then becomes how long does it take to have a full picture?. We're not sure. This is a very complex investigation. Has a lot of different in's and outs on it. And so from the crime scene itself to the fraternity house, to the businesses downtown. There's a lot of things that we need to know and there's potential for a suspect or suspects to be in any of the pictures or any of the videos. And so we really have to review things and take a really thorough look at this.. at this entirety of the crime.

Levy - You know, Captain Lanier said, in one of the videos recently, that you all have been able to see patterns and it sounds like patterns from your leads and possibly from the video. And he was talking about how they are confident, you all are confident, that somebody in that white Hyundai Elantra, between the years of 2011-2013, has information that is critical to this case. That to me sounds like - saying you're confident, you're pretty certain and it sounds like that vehicle from.. we've heard it was in the immediate area and we've also heard through another spokesperson that it was there. How close was this Hyundai Elantra to the house?.

Snell - We haven't exactly specified, but we do believe that it was in the immediate area of the residence around the time frame that, we believe, was the night of. And so we think that the occupant or occupants of that vehicle, potentially saw or heard or knows something about this case. And so that's why we put the information out. The information came through tips and leads and, so, as we processed it, we think that the occupant has some information to provide to us, which is why we put it out.

Levy - I've likened the search for this Hyundai Elantra to a search for the needle in the haystack. We know you've eliminated one of those vehicles as being the Elantra, found in Eugene, OR, that had been involved in a vehicle crash, that belonged to a woman and it was registered out of Colorado. So you've already eliminated that one. That leaves 21,999 or so to go. What's the progress on that?. What's the update on working through that list of vehicles?. Because that's a huge number of vehicles and.. Is that a nationwide list or what can you tell us about that?.

Snell - So I'll be a tiny bit more generic about it, but it is a list of vehicles that, potentially, could be in this area. It's received through all sorts of different sources and databases. And so as we look at that list, obviously, you know the ones that could be close to the area might be important and then as the ripples, as it gets a little further out, maybe those vehicles, potentially, would be less likely to be involved in an incident of this nature. And so you know we're able to, as we go through this list, we're looking for, again, different patterns and different trends and so as we're putting it all together, we're hoping that something will come to light and that we'll be able to use that to move forward.

Levy - We noticed too, in one of the recent updates, that about 14 FBI agents have been added to this case. Can you tell us why that number increased last week from 46 to 60?.

Snell - So really what we try to do, when we put out those numbers, is to give people a snapshot in time of what's occurring in this investigation. That's why we update the number of tips and the number of leads and the number of digital images and those types of things that we receive. We would like the public to understand the volume of information that we're processing and the number of people who are currently working on this case. So really that's a snapshot in time. As various projects come and go, those numbers will increase and decrease. And so, saying that we have additional FBI personnel assigned to this case is a little bit of a misnomer. As well, we have, I think, 25 ISP, Idaho State Police detectives assigned to that, most of the ones that are here and working on the case. That doesn't include the other ISP detectives and troopers throughout the entire state who are assisting in interviews and those kinds of things. So really what we're trying to do is - we're just trying to show a picture to our community, letting them know the volume and just the sheer magnitude of this case.

Levy - You have more than 10,000 tips. I think the numbers hovering around 15,000 now. That is a huge number. I don't know if people truly understand how much information that is and how much that is to go through. So how many of these have you been able to rule out as maybe not being fruitful?. Where are you in that process?.

Snell - So I don't have the exact number of tips and leads that we have actually processed through, but what I do know is that a lot of the resources that we're adding to our group, the FBI in particular, the leads and tips go through them and so there's a process to analyse each and every one of those leads and look at and review those leads and then assign them a priority. And so leads that potentially are... based on other information that we have in the case, those are assigned higher priority and we start working on those. But we are dedicated and motivated to process each and every one of those and actually analyse them and review them and make sure that they don't contain something that we really need for this investigation. We truly do believe that there is somebody somewhere out there, or maybe information that has already been provided, that is going to be the key to unlocking this entire crime, this entire investigation.

Levy - I've covered cases in the past where it was almost like a nugget came to the investigators. Something that might seem small, but it was a thread that they pulled on and it kind of just kept.. they kept pulling on it and it led to more information. In your experience, how important is that?. Because it could be just one thing or a couple of things that really open a pathway to leading to who did this.

Snell - That's 100% correct. I truly believe that there's going to be a piece or maybe, potentially, pieces of information out there that are going to connect together, almost like a puzzle. And when they do, it is truly going to open up, open up the doorway, and we're going to have a clear direction in which to go. And I think at that time, it's going to unravel quickly and we're going to be able to make determinations. The interesting thing is the information that we already have, the picture that we've already drawn - that will help us as we move forward to really put together what occurred. And so knowing a lot of those things and putting them together already, is going to help as well. So we recognise the public would like a quick end to this and that's what we would like as well. But these types of cases are large and they take time and so we recognise that there's frustrations out there, a lack of information, but again, ultimately, this is a complex criminal investigation and we will provide as much information as possible and we're always wanting more information as well from the public.

Levy - Speaking of more information from the public - The family of Xana Kernodle has sent out flyers. They sent some out last month and they've sent more out this week. Basically just begging people, asking people, with any information to come forward, whether it's the tip line, whether it's the digital media upload with the FBI site. They sent out, I think, 5000 or so of these flyers in the mail. So talk to me about how important that could be because this happened, a lot of people left campus and left town and you're saying you think there's somebody out there that knows something?.

Snell - We think it's very important and we appreciate that support from the family. We want additional leads as well. Anybody that had looked at some of their past social media posts or past pictures and think something's out of the ordinary, something's odd - we want that information. I think we've been consistent in saying that. The activity that might have been done within those pictures or those videos that people may or may not want to submit to the police. That's not what we're interested in. We're interested in the context of the crime. That way we can piece together aspects of this case. That we get a better picture.

Levy - Chief Fry released a video and said that he was addressing questions about leadership in this investigation. I think I know why he did that. There have been some things said about Moscow PD being too small to handle something like this. Obviously, Idaho State Police and the FBI are assisting with this investigation. He talked about the experience of his command staff. I saw some reporting the other day about the lead detective from Moscow only having two years of experience, but it sounds like he actually has more experience than that, at least, two years with Moscow PD, possibly, but more experience in law enforcement, possibly, military police training and things like that. Can you address that?. Why did Chief Fry feel the need to come out and do that?.

Snell - I do think it's important. There have been statements made in the public and in media and the Chief really wanted to stress that, indeed, this was his investigation. This is his agency. These crimes happened in his jurisdiction and so he is the Chief and he is the one leading these investigations. His command staff has ample experience, 94 years of experience combined. That's a lot of experience for any agency. And so, they have the right to pick whom they want to be in the positions that they are, the investigative teams and they have. The information out there is not always correct and I don't even think it's accurate when it comes in terms of saying that this agency's too small. It doesn't matter the size of the agency. You have a police chief who understands what he's doing. He understands how to get an investigation done and he's able and willing to call in additional resources. I think that's ultimately important. So at this point in time, we have some of the best and the brightest, both from Moscow Police Department, but the ISP and the FBI, all working on this case. And so when you have that much skill and technological wonderment and abilities, and you just have all that investigative skill, that's important and the Chief is the one that brought that all here. And so, when he says we're dedicated and motivated to get this case solved, you have to believe him, because it's true. He's willing to bring in those resources that can help and assist his agency.

Levy - Well, Aaron Snell, spokesperson for Moscow PD and Idaho State Police, thanks so much for joining. We really appreciate it.

Snell - Thank you for your time as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme