ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide, Moscow, 13 Nov 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe a floor vent into the duct.
I'm still not convinced the drip stains are blood. Since they are located on the foundation of the house, it seems there are several other possible reasons for those stains. No doubt LE will test them but for the victims and their families, I really hope there is another explanation besides blood.

Well the family said they were 'locked up' in the home.
Could you share a source for this?
I think that this could prove to be vital information because it will narrow down how the perpetrator was able to enter the home. I'm going to assume that if there were signs of a break-in, LE would have stated that and it would have been more cause to be an imminent threat to the community, also more likely to be classified as a random attack/burglary. However, if we can confirm that the doors had been locked then it could lean into the possibility that this was someone who had access to the house, i.e. they knew the door code.
IMO this could've happened if A. someone had shared the door code with a friend and invited them over late that night or B. they had let someone inside and the door automatically locks after it is shut (I believe some door code technologies have this feature).

I'm guessing that the person was already in the house, or they broke in through the sliding glass doors off the kitchen. The latter is always a weak point.

I've been wondering about how the killer killed everyone with a knife. I'm presuming that the couple were sleeping in the same room. How would you kill someone with a knife and not wake the other person in the bed? Was there a noise downstairs and Ethan went downstairs to investigate? But then wouldn't his girlfriend be on high alert?

Perhaps they were drugged and the killer had time to attack each of them?
BBM i have waken up more than once to my husband returning to the room w a bat because he heard a noise and didnt want to scare me or wake me up.

I believe if one of the students was targeted and the rest collateral, it may help find the perp ?
Like, a breakup gone badly ?
Someone closely connected who had a grudge ?

If the keypad was used, it's hard to imagine a random person killing four people over a robbery.
Not impossible, though.

Last edited:
I will be following this. Agree interesting.
Link- Latah County | Jail Roster
It's an interesting fact, for sure...however, if you scroll through previous arrests in the past few months, there are several other individuals without the crimes listed. So, I'm not sure how much stock we can put into this, but definitely worth watching.

I’m just starting to watch this extended interview with Kaylee Convalves family. Already hearing there was a keypad at front door.
TRAGEDY AT THE UNIVERSITY OF IDAHO: The family of Kaylee Goncalves, one of four victims in the homicide near the University of Idaho, is speaking out amid an ongoing investigation. OPEN for the extended interview.

edited to add non Facebook link.

Could you share a source for this?
I think that this could prove to be vital information because it will narrow down how the perpetrator was able to enter the home. I'm going to assume that if there were signs of a break-in, LE would have stated that and it would have been more cause to be an imminent threat to the community, also more likely to be classified as a random attack/burglary. However, if we can confirm that the doors had been locked then it could lean into the possibility that this was someone who had access to the house, i.e. they knew the door code.
IMO this could've happened if A. someone had shared the door code with a friend and invited them over late that night or B. they had let someone inside and the door automatically locks after it is shut (I believe some door code technologies have this feature).

Do you have a link?

My source was a previous post from the family that said the girls did everything right... but this still happened.

I’m about to re-listen but I don’t think she says she knew with certainty the door was locked. Fyi.

I wonder if there is some one known to these 4 who had a mental problem and was on or off meds.... so LE has a possible suspect. MSM has a lot of such stories:

Police Interrogate 16-Year-Old Who Murdered His ... - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com › watch

View attachment 380038

1:05:14
WATCH: The full police interrogation of Michael Bever, a then 16-year-old who murdered his two parents and three siblings with his brother ...
YouTube · Law&Crime Network · Sep 7, 2022

Teen tells IMPD that older brother murdered 6 in family home

https://fox59.com › news › indycrime › teen-tells-impd...

Jan 25, 2021 — The dead have been identified as the parents of the home, Kezzie and Raymond Childs, both 42, their 18-year-old son, Elijah, and 13-year-old ...

After teen kills parents, paralyzes brother, remaining siblings ...

https://www.ocregister.com › after-teen-kills-parents-pa...

Sep 22, 2019 — Myles Sachs, is the brother of Ashton Sachs who shot and killed his parents and shot and paralyzed his then 8-year-old brother.

Broken Arrow killings - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Broken_Arrow_killings

On July 22, 2015, five members of the Bever family were murdered in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. ... Two members of the family, 2-year-old Autumn and 13-year-old ...

20-year-old man charged with killing parents, younger sister ...

https://ktla.com › nexstar-media-wire › nationworld › 2...

Jun 16, 2021 — A 20-year-old college student charged with killing his parents and younger sister in their family home in Iowa told police that a masked ...

Teen Reportedly Kills Parents and Brother in Argument Over ...

https://www.newsweek.com › ... › Shooting › Police

Feb 12, 2022 — Police in Spain have arrested a 15-year-old male in connection with the deaths of his parents and his 10-year-old brother, whose dead bodies ...

Confession of boy who killed parents, siblings - People Daily

https://www.pd.co.ke › News

Jan 10, 2021 — Warunge, 22, who has confessed to the killing of his parents, two siblings and a farmhand, had described his parents to police as “satanic ...
dont forget these guys :(

I will be following this. Agree interesting.
Link- Latah County | Jail Roster
There are a few people on that roster without charges - one man was arrested almost a year ago and has no charges listed. I don't know if the lack of charges means it is related to this at all. (Edit: didn't realize someone above me had already responded in a similar fashion, my bad)

Last edited:
I believe if one of the students was targeted and the rest collateral, it may help find the perp ?
Like, a breakup gone badly ?
someone closely connected who had a grudge ?

If the keypad was used, it's hard to imagine a random person killing four people over a robbery.
Not impossible, though.
JMO but is it possible the POI/suspect could have met one of the girls at the bar, started a conversation because he liked her, then she turned him down or snubbed him some way and he followed her home? I have met my fair share of guys at bars who thought we had hit it off, but then couldn't take no for an answer.

I know it might vary by state, but here in Indiana I have a friend whose husband is a disabled veteran. He has two cats that are considered emotional support animals, and they are allowed to live in a “no pets” apartment. With a letter from the VA they don’t even pay a deposit for the pets.

That's likely because the landlord allowed it with the letter. But the laws themselves don't protect for emotional support animals. They are considered different from service animals and in my experience, many doctors won't write letters for them.

Ethan Chapin’s mother, Stacey Chapin, rebutted Bettge’s New York Times quote in an interview with the Idaho Statesman.
“They were stabbed. We got the call,” Chapin said. “I don’t want people to make assumptions about our kids. It wasn’t drugs and it was definitely not some passion thing between these kids. Someone entered the house.”
Questions Still Surround Alleged Murders
im thinking "crime of passion" can just mean anything set the killer into rage mode. a big perceived slight, unrequited crush, anything that may have nothing to do w the victims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member