ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide, Moscow, 13 Nov 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a typo, or have we heard anything about a search of a home on Queen Road? The murders took place at 1122 King Road.

If you look up the address you'll see that Queen Rd is very close to King Rd. I believe further up someone had mentioned that one side of the house faces Queen, but the address is on King. Since LE has stated that they are also searching garbage it is possible that the dumpster is on Queen Rd, so I wouldn't look too much into that. As far as we know LE has only shared that they are searching the actual home of the crime scene.

Does anyone else find it strange that the autopsies weren't performed until today? I think that's a bunch of malarkey. They would have to find out if these victims had been shot and then p attempt to retrieve the bullets to potentially link to a gun later. And how were they able to pinpoint a time of death without examining the stomach contents?

1. If there was a formal that night, perhaps one of the girls had an ex that was jealous or rebuffed that night.
Evidently, both of the female victims were in a sorority.

I wonder if the formal dance was sponsored by their sorority?

Though I was never a "Greek", my general impression is that some sorority dances were paired with a co-sponsoring fraternity or fraternities. Other such formals may of had a more open guest list.

If the possible sorority formal was of the "restricted" variety, it might be worthwhile to see if there was a co sponsoring Fraternity and if any of their members are associated with red flags.

bbm
Good question.

I assumed it was a person who lived there or had known where the key was ?
Unless the house was unlocked ?

LE haven't said if there was forced entry, as far as I know.

Imo.
Kaylee’s sister stated in an interview posted here earlier, there was a keypad on the door. Many people could have had the code.

i would think they fell asleep at different times. like ven w my husband im on my phone looking at things or texting awhile after he knocks out.

But even so, just because none of them posts after 3 am doesn't mean that's when the murders happened necessarily. It could mean they all went to bed, even if they didn't fall asleep. JMO.

Does anyone else find it strange that the autopsies weren't performed until today? I think that's a bunch of malarkey. They would have to find out if these victims had been shot and then p attempt to retrieve the bullets to potentially link to a gun later. And how were they able to pinpoint a time of death without examining the stomach contents?
I would love to know as well. A lot of the LE response so far is worrying me. I know it's a small town, but the local LE needs to be willing to let other LE help them. This has been a problem in the past in other places and I hope this isn't a replay.

I checked the forum today to find a couple of my posts deleted because I linked the livestream from the food truck that night. Not sure why since there have been other posts made regarding the footage + it has been included in MSM articles. Is this a source we are allowed to use now? Just wanted some clarification on that, I believe I had said that two of the girls could be placed at the food truck between 1:43 and 1:53am which is consistent with what the article says.
Mods have posted several times about the reasons the video and posts from last night were deleted. I know you are new (welcome!); you may want to review the terms of service.

One of the headlines said an unconscious person was found on <road name> . Some took the headline literally but if you read the article it clearly stated inside the house on that road.

Hope this helps.
What is leading people to believe the reportedly unconscious person referred to in the 911 call was found outside? I keep seeing people say this here, but everything I have seen specifically says all four were found inside, and no mention of anyone outside. I also am confused why people think this unconscious person may be a fifth person. I agree, it sounds weird that one person was reported unconscious yet police found 4 bodies on arrival. However, as other people have said, when someone is reported as unconscious, it's not as definitive/accurate as it may sound. The caller may have seen one deceased victim and told the operator that they weren't responsive so they were reported as unconscious. Since officers said it was a very complex scene, maybe the victim's bodies were in different areas and the caller only saw one. I would assume if the caller saw more than one victim, that would either have been included in the description of the call 911 responded to as unconscious or deceased. Just my speculation. I lean towards the simplest explanation being the most plausible (although not always the case).

Whatever happened is tragic and my heart hurts for the victim's family, friends, and the community. They have been on my mind since I heard of this because I am a junior in college and going through the same time of life that they were. College is supposed to be about making lifelong friends and memories. The stark contrast between having fun on a football game day with friends/roommates at your apartment in your college town and being murdered hours later is devastating and hard for me to wrap my head around.

since they are students im thinking maybe they went home for weekend?
I also took this as several possibilities.
1. roommates either slept in after a night out or returned home after spending the night elsewhere
2. roommates were out of town and a friend had tried reaching out but no one was answering their phone
3. friend came to check residence if anyone was home (poss after attempting to reach out via phone) and no one was answering the door then looked through a window to see someone unresponsive on floor
JMO. I also wanted to note that Snapchat has a feature where you can see someone's last location at what time. For example, friends that you share location with would be able to see the last time you check Snap (e.g. 8 hours ago) and the location at which you were last active.

There’s one statement by police that makes me think they have a pretty good idea of who did this; the TOD has been narrowed down to an hour. That tells me they must have some evidence that places the Perp at the scene. TOD is usually given in much broader swaths of time. So if POI was seen entering and leaving, and a review of video footage doesn’t show anyone else then might be enough for a search warrant. If person was disguised, then taking fingerprints, murder weapon, etc will provide crucial evidence in placing Perp at the scene of the crime. Blood splatter analysis will provide clues on the order of the murders. If entry was by keypad, then either door was unlocked, Perp knew the key code, or point of entry was not the front door. MOO
I'm wondering if the keypad stored the latest entries, so they know when the last person (possibly the killer) entered the house (other than the friend who found them, if we assume the friend entered via the keypad door). This presumes the killer went in through the door, of course. I'm just not sure how sophisticated the keypad is. A lot of the door keypads store information now.

I've never heard of a case where LE would need a search warrant at a crime scene! Maybe they needed a warrant to collect the victim's cell phones?
As discussed up thread, it's standard and necessary. To protect and prevent challenges to the legality of the search and protect any evidence found.

I'm wondering if the keypad stored the latest entries, so they know when the last person (possibly the killer) entered the house (other than the friend who found them, if we assume the friend entered via the keypad door). This presumes the killer went in through the door, of course. I'm just not sure how sophisticated the keypad is. A lot of the door keypads store information now.
The sophistication of the device definitely matters. I've actually been looking around at some home security keypads and it looks like it depends on the model whether or not they store info.

Plus, we know there was a keypad. But do we know if it was in working order?

Mods have posted several times about the reasons the video and posts from last night were deleted. I know you are new (welcome!); you may want to review the terms of service.
Thanks for the response! I understand that the stream itself wasn't a verified source but it does appear in another video and is used in MSM articles that have also been linked here. I just wasn't clear on whether those sources were okay to use but the stream recording itself wasn't. Still learning :)

Evidently, both of the female victims were in a sorority.

I wonder if the formal dance was sponsored by their sorority?

Though I was never a "Greek", my general impression is that some sorority dances were paired with a co-sponsoring fraternity or fraternities. Other such formals may of had a more open guest list.

If the possible sorority formal was of the "restricted" variety, it might be worthwhile to see if there was a co sponsoring Fraternity and if any of their members are associated with red flags.
I was in a sorority and we had formals every semester. We had to sign up with our name, our date's name and both of our birthdays. Then we had to check in at the house before going to the venue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper