ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide, Moscow, 13 Nov 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Might’ve been shared as this is an old tweet. But one more thing that makes it hard to reconcile “no threat”.

He also says, his office is providing guidance to the Moscow Police right now. He’s calling this a “dynamic investigation” with officers pursuing numerous leads and angles. When a suspect is found, his office will decide on charges.

@kxly4news

At least until the perp is apprehended, I think there could be a threat.

What if the perp strikes again ?

Both Speck and Rollings had multiple victims at different locations.
I wish security cameras had caught a glimpse of whom this could be ?

If there were any screengrabs or video clips, LE may be forced to reveal them to the public if they can't find any leads.

How frightening for the students and the nearby residents there !!!!
M00.

With the little info released regarding the crime scene, it seems it was bloody and chaotic as if an injured victim/s had been chased through the house. My question is how did the assailant get into the house? Did one of the girls get a late-night text and she invited them over? How did the person who found the bodies get into the house?
bbm
Good question.

I assumed it was a person who lived there or had known where the key was ?
Unless the house was unlocked ?

LE haven't said if there was forced entry, as far as I know.

Imo.

Following this one closely…a couple scenarios I’ve considered:

1. If there was a formal that night, perhaps one of the girls had an ex that was jealous or rebuffed that night. Possibly intoxicated and showed up at the house after hours. Possibly knew the home code?

2. Uber driver & crime of opportunity. Two gorgeous possibly intoxicated girls. Waited outside until the lights turned off then made a move?

If they had been drinking all evening, it’s likely they could have passed out or been heavily exhausted and not heard anyone. A slit throat would render almost anyone unable to scream for help or make much noise.

I’m guessing that perhaps the other roommates were also at the formal and stayed elsewhere that evening. Upon returning home the next day, found the scene.

Very clearly with the talk of how terrible the crime scene was, there is zero chance the suspect left without being covered in blood. There had to have been shoe prints, etc. but I haven’t seen anything that eluded to that.

bbm
Good question.

Imo.

If you look at the location on google maps, the front of the house is pretty open regarding line-of-sight from other homes & what looks like an apartment building. But, the back is surrounded by a treeline so I don't think there's really a way for people to easily see what is going on at the back of the house. Based on the aerial view & photos of the group posted online, it seems like the porch/decking were across the back of the house (where it's not easily seen).

Just mentioning my own observation. (I have no idea how the perp entered the house or from where.)

MOO.

Might’ve been shared as this is an old tweet. But one more thing that makes it hard to reconcile “no threat”.

He also says, his office is providing guidance to the Moscow Police right now. He’s calling this a “dynamic investigation” with officers pursuing numerous leads and angles. When a suspect is found, his office will decide on charges.

@kxly4news

I wonder if the active search warrant is at 500 Queen Road?

bbm
Good question.

Imo.
The mother of one of the victims is quoted by MSM as saying that the friend who discovered the victims does not live in the house.

Chapin didn’t live in the house but was sleeping over with his girlfriend, Kernodle, according to his mother, Stacy Chapin.

She said a friend who does not live in the house discovered the victims.

At least until the perp is apprehended, I think there could be a threat.

What if the perp strikes again ?

Both Speck and Rollings had multiple victims at different locations.
I wish security cameras had caught a glimpse of whom this could be ?

If there were any screengrabs or video clips, LE may be forced to reveal them to the public if they can't find any leads.

How frightening for the students and the nearby residents there !!!!
M00.
scary for the other residents who were not there that night...talk about not wanting to go back somewhere

Could someone post a link to the information that they attended a formal that night? I don't think I've heard that before.

TIA.
I wonder that too. I don't see anything listed on the official university page for Greek life:

But why would the activity stopping on all their phones suggest crime rather than they fell asleep? I'm actually wondering if maybe one of them texted someone or tried to call 911 or something and the call was logged with a timestamp, even if it didn't go through.
i would think they fell asleep at different times. like ven w my husband im on my phone looking at things or texting awhile after he knocks out.

The police have said that they believe this was a targeted attack and that they do not believe there is an "imminent threat to the community at large" or an "ongoing threat for community members."

Moscow Homicide Update (bold, italics emphasis added).
Moscow Police Department Homicide Investigation (bold, italics emphasis added).

The policy have not said there is no danger to the public. In fact, they've expressly acknowledged the opposite:
The City of Moscow Police Department would like to address community concerns about public safety. We hear you, and we understand your fears. We want you to know that we, like you, have been devastated and distressed by these young lives that were cut short needlessly. We determined early in the investigation that we do not believe there is an ongoing threat for community members. Evidence indicates that this was a targeted attack.
. . .

This incident highlighted that violence is possible in our own community and in every community. Until this case is completely resolved, we ask the community to continue to be vigilant, alert, report suspicious activity and help us to be the eyes and ears in our community.
Moscow Police Department Homicide Investigation (bold, italics emphasis added).

Seems fairly straightforward to me---they're saying that this isn't an active-shooter type situation, they don't believe there is a Michael Myers/Ghostface type running around looking to stab random people, they don't think the perpetrator is armed or a former solider or ninja type, and they don't believe whoever did this is going to go into a random house in the middle of the night and kill people.

If you look at the location on google maps, the front of the house is pretty open regarding line-of-sight from other homes & what looks like an apartment building. But, the back is surrounded by a treeline so I don't think there's really a way for people to easily see what is going on at the back of the house. Based on the aerial view & photos of the group posted online, it seems like the porch/decking were across the back of the house (where it's not easily seen).

Just mentioning my own observation. (I have no idea how the perp entered the house or from where.)

MOO.
Looking at the aerial as well and King Rd is very close to the University Golf Course and Botanical Gardens, couple lakes as well. Golf cart / Maintenance staff probably arrives 5 AM to 5:30 AM, probably worth checking any cameras near clubhouse if they have them, dumpsters there as well, LE interview anyone who arrived early that morning. Clubhouse is near the main road so maybe a camera. AMOO

Following this one closely…a couple scenarios I’ve considered:

1. If there was a formal that night, perhaps one of the girls had an ex that was jealous or rebuffed that night. Possibly intoxicated and showed up at the house after hours. Possibly knew the home code?

2. Uber driver & crime of opportunity. Two gorgeous possibly intoxicated girls. Waited outside until the lights turned off then made a move?

If they had been drinking all evening, it’s likely they could have passed out or been heavily exhausted and not heard anyone. A slit throat would render almost anyone unable to scream for help or make much noise.

I’m guessing that perhaps the other roommates were also at the formal and stayed elsewhere that evening. Upon returning home the next day, found the scene.

Very clearly with the talk of how terrible the crime scene was, there is zero chance the suspect left without being covered in blood. There had to have been shoe prints, etc. but I haven’t seen anything that eluded to that.
The Uber driver concerns me for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member