ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide - Moscow #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow booked back in March, I saw WSU close by on the map and from mention herein and with a home game also in Moscow vs. UC Davis on 11/12, all hotels (and there is not many) both locations had to be full capacity. With a potential timeline of 4-6AM perp leaving the crime scene, I was thinking along the lines of possible sighting on camera of of anything unusual in appearance of persons returning to a hotel at this hour, many possibilities of course, but this is one I thought of and at that TOD probably not too many returning to their room.
Yes, its only about a 10 min drive from Pullman to Moscow. And the towns are pretty much surrounded by fields for miles.

WSU put out a statement today (or maybe it went out last night) that they are increasing patrols on campus. It also said “you are reminded to lock your doors when at home and remain alert and aware of your surroundings when out. When possible, travel in groups. keep your eyes up and your hands free.”

One of my kids is in Greek life at WSU. I how busy those live out houses can be. I really hope they can solve this horrible crime quickly.

Totally agree. Technology is going to come up big in this case. I'm sure there is so much to go through as well.

In the food truck video, we see Kaylee taking video and/or photos of Madison, plenty more where that came from.
I want security footage from the bar they went to. Who was there, who did they drink with, who did they leave with? If the man in the food truck video clearly watching and following them was at the bar, then LE knows who he is unless 1) he had nothing to drink or 2) he paid cash

I’m sorry, doesn’t the DailyMail need permission to post the pictures of the surviving roommates? They even went and published pictures of them by themselves. Is this legal? B’s Instagram account has been private at least since this morning and D’s Instagram account is gone at least since early today. This is vile. They are not celebrities and weren’t identified as suspects or POI’s.
Rule #1 -- DM pays for information!

Rule #2 - you have no ownership of what you post on social media including photos! MOO

(And why I've survived 18 years just fine without FB)! ;)

Thanks for the information. Going off on a limb....

As noted, the knife was made famous in WWII as a fighting knife.

I don't think its a knife that most hunters would use. It is large, adds weight and the blade is bigger than needed. Hunters usually view knives as tools (some brands of tools can be costly), but they are not prone to carry over kill knives "because I can" style.

Rather, I think a Kabar would be owned by either:

A- A knife nut who is interested in knives in general and buys a variety of knives. Some maybe be modern, others maybe historical (Kabar, Bowie, Gurkha, etc). The vast majority of certified knife nuts are harmless.

B- A macho, Alpha male type who purchased it because it simply because looks mega cool and is associated with the Marines.

Though some As and Bs may overlap, a "Kabar Kabar" would probably have to of been purchased on line or from a knife catalog such as SMKW. Local stores would probably stock hunting knive and pocket knives. Likewise, the "Kabars" that I have seen in pawn shops were all knock offs and not really Kabars.
They are also part of standard issue kit for a number of Federal Gov't civil service employees who work outdoors. I've still got mine.

Edit: I got a laugh out of your "knife nut" comment. If you saw my collection, you'd probably think I'm one.

They seem very sure that they returned after 1.45am. I wonder if this is the time the room mates returned and they found nobody home?

It's also interesting they say that the evidence at the scene showed this to be a targeted attack. I wonder what that evidence could have been.

(from press conference)

Yes and maybe skipped the girls downstairs because the target was upstairs and only killed Ethan and gf bc they got in the way . Because if they were killed around 4 am that may have taken a little bit and anytime after 4 it is starting to get light out now that we are nearing winter . I just can’t imagine someone when there are so many houses walking out the front door and getting into a car risking someone seeing them in blood . It had to be someone entering the back from wooded area on foot which meant they already knew the house and how to enter that way . I can’t shake the feeling that it wasn’t someone their age . For such a crime of this magnitude I feel it was someone older though I could be wrong .
If the perp thought he had killed everyone in the house, then maybe he assumed he had time to shower off the blood, bag his clothes, take clothes from the house, and then walk out the back door.
This has been done in other crimes of this nature. One killer even sat down to eat the victim's pizza, after showering and cleaning up.

They seem very sure that they returned after 1.45am. I wonder if this is the time the room mates returned and they found nobody home?

It's also interesting they say that the evidence at the scene showed this to be a targeted attack. I wonder what that evidence could have been.

(from press conference)
The food truck footage (posted throughout this thread) clearly shows the two girls ordering food and leaving the food truck area at around 1:40AM

A couple of my click observations on the ‘no risk to the public’ stance by the police while I’m skimming through this at work:

My guess is the police probably received a behavioral assessment from the FBI within the first 24 hours that said this was a ‘crime of passion’ and the perpetrator ‘targeted’ the house/group; that’s why the police initially responded that there wasn’t a ‘perceived danger to the broader public’. Both sides assume the risk is low from the empirical track record of those assessments. That also may explain why the NYT broke the “crime of passion” angle on a case in Idaho. (They have connections in Quantico I would assume)

In addition to that, this investigation is further handcuffed by students fleeing the area. Potential witnesses/suspects are scattering around the state/country and may not be reachable until December or January. The police have every incentive to calm the public and keep them in town for the sake of the case.

Right or wrong, I think that may be LE’s angle.
It was the mayor that called it a crime of passion first.
Post in thread 'ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide, Moscow, 13 Nov 2022'
ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide, Moscow, 13 Nov 2022

Rule #1 -- DM pays for information!

Rule #2 - you have no ownership of what you post on social media including photos! MOO

(And why I've survived 18 years just fine without FB)! ;)

Absolutely know as a fact that #1 is true. A friend of mine was hired by DM as a free lance photographer to take pictures of finding a body in a very high profile case that I will not mention.

He was in a "pool" of photographers and was selected. He crept around in the woods and took photos of where the body was found but thank goodness not of the body itself since it had been moved at that point.

I saw his photos (with credit to his company) on DM stories at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper