ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide - Moscow #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox News posted a close-up of the blood dripping down the exterior of the foundation. This is at ground level. It doesn't seem likely that the blood would have dripped from the second floor all the way down to the bottom floor so was one of the victims killed on the ground level?

I waver between random and personal.

Still think it's taking a huge risk if this was someone unknown to all present ?

I winced at the sight of those windows at night.
Hope they kept them covered with curtains or blinds.
Anyone walking by could see who slept where and the general layout, the pics were so clear that it looked like a corner of an unmade bed on one of the upper floors.
Imo.
I've been doing the same. I think what's most likely is someone saw Kaylee and Madison and followed them home. That would fit the profiling of targeting, but not personal enough to know about the other two girls asleep downstairs.

I think someone followed them back from the bar/food truck (as a girl who had a few "clingers" when I was in college and can read body language of girls wanting out of a situation, I have my opinions on who this "someone" might be, but that's all speculation regarding someone who hasn't been identified as a suspect [yet?] so I won't elaborate here) and likely waited for their lights to go off before entering the house. <modsnip: discussing SM rumors>

I think Xana and Ethan were a case of wrong place/wrong time. I don't see them being the targets unless they were followed home from the party and someone tried to rob them, but LE says nothing was missing so that doesn't seem quite right to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having read multiple posts on this site and various newspapers I have come to the conclusion that:

Kaylee and Maddy had the bedrooms on the top floor
Xana had a bedroom on the middle floor
Dylan and Beth had the bedrooms on the bottom floor.

I do not feel there is any relevance as to who rang 911.

Dylan and Beth both slept through this nightmare oblivious to what was occurring.

My belief is that the killer/s entered the house just before the crimes took place.

If you are targeting one person you are taking a huge risk of disturbing other room mates.

I believe this was a random attack by more than one person.
I’m with you 100% until the last two points. I think you COULD be right, but I will counter with the following scenario:

Imagine the two girls out at a bar and then the food truck. What if they attracted or possibly even talked to the wrong person? What if some guy felt he had been led on or possibly humiliated by the girls, harbored resentment, snapped, and decided to follow them home and kill them? And what if that same guy didn’t know them well enough to know there would be 4 other people in that house? I think that is possible. So while I do think your hypothesis is quite possible, and maybe even probable, I also think the perp being someone they knew or had interacted with acting alone in his crime is also possible as well.

I do think Ethan was an unintended victim, unfortunately. Wrong place at the wrong time. Unless some person or persons followed him and his girlfriend home from their party, I feel it’s highly likely the killer(s) had no idea he was there and only killed him because he encountered them.

Two and a half hours later and the autopsy results have not been released. Mabbutt told me it would come from Idaho State Police via press release. That has not happened and it appears she revealed information (cause/time of death) about the autopsies solely to the @mpdailynews.

Returned to secondary owner, who could that be? So does this mean the dog was there at the time of the murders? This could change things for me.

MOO

perhaps the dog was Kaylee’s and since she was in the process of moving out of the apartment (she was graduating in December) Kaylee was just visiting campus to hangout and show Madison her new car, she didn’t bring her dog with her. If you watch the interview of her sister, she says Kaylee wasn’t even supposed to be there.

Following Wednesday’s autopsy of the four University of Idaho students found dead Sunday near campus, the Latah County coroner confirmed the cause of death was murder by stabbing.

“It would have had to been a large knife,” Cathy Mabbutt said Thursday about the murder weapon, which has not been found.

Afaik it was a person who did not live there, who made the call ?

As far as noises, the most practical thing one would think as a student would be people returning from a night out and any cries or yells might be the same , just making undo noise, as in whooping it up ?
One's mind does not immediately go to : "Oh no, someone is in the house -- killing people !".

If they heard something it they might think; "Come on, be quiet, we're trying to sleep...".
Or something similar, and that's sad.
So I can imagine that scenario.
The killer has damaged so many lives.

By all accounts this was a peaceful town, students felt safe, and no one expected such a horrific attack to take place.
M00.
I agree and think it’s also possible that music may have been playing at the time of the murders if the victims had got home and carried on the party. Loud music had been reportedly heard that night by neighbours (see below article) so if it was still going, any screaming or shouting could have been drowned out by the music

Two and a half hours later and the autopsy results have not been released. Mabbutt told me it would come from Idaho State Police via press release. That has not happened and it appears she revealed information (cause/time of death) about the autopsies solely to the @mpdailynews.

whats the fascination with the autopsy reports? Wouldn’t “Cause - death by a bladed instrument, Manner - homicide” suffice? I never paid much attention to the reports because they were nearly unreadable due to the constant medical verbiage.

whats the fascination with the autopsy reports? Wouldn’t “Cause - death by a bladed instrument, Manner - homicide” suffice? I never paid much attention to the reports because they were nearly unreadable due to the constant medical verbiage.
Public curiosity and it allows us to understand what happened a little more clearer

Contemplating the choice of a knife over a firearm. IMO the person never intended to kill all 6 people and it wasn't a random home invasion gone wrong. Get in, do what you came to do quietly, get out. Rationally, most people wouldn't knowingly, at least I don't think, take on 6:1 odds with just a blade. You'd have to have a ton of confidence in your skills and/or the incapacity of the victims at that moment. Also, this is Idaho. Even in a house of girls, no guarantee at all that no one there has a gun. Unless you knew them all and knew that.

Also, IME, walking up to that house if you were a stranger following someone in a college neighborhood and then seeing the size of it from either side, and possibly the number of vehicles, you wouldn't normally think only those two people lived there, which ought to give you pause.

Fox News posted a close-up of the blood dripping down the exterior of the foundation. This is at ground level. It doesn't seem likely that the blood would have dripped from the second floor all the way down to the bottom floor so was one of the victims killed on the ground level?
I thought the "blood" seen dripping was from the second floor. The house is built on a hill so what is the ground floor on once side is the second story on the other.

Also, does the knife necessarily have to be the genuine Ka-Bar brand? You can get a CHEAP KNOCKOFF KA-BAR for about 20 bucks that are made of lesser quality steel but would still function well enough to perform this kind of attack.
Very true. Could be “KaBar-style knife” and the reports are just using the brand name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member