ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide - Moscow #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I have a feeling it’s someone that lived in the area . Some maybe creepy older dude that had been watching them . I for some reason do not feel it was an angry ex but more of a stalker random older creep . It’s crazy to think this person is just out there . Are they just sitting at home panicking ? Do they live alone ? Are they hiding ? Are they in some random hotel far away ? Does anyone know of anyone that went missing suspiciously ? Didn’t show up to work ?
Very possible.
Was anything missing as far as a trophy ? Makes me sick to think of it.
Clothing ?
I really want to know if the victim's phones are missing.

Ok, here's a thought : Respectfully -- was the residence like a grand central station at times, with friends coming and going ?
It's easy to trust people you've hung out with and even had them sleep over at times.

As in, someone might not need to know the keypad combo, if the door was propped or someone let them in, then that person went off to bed to sleep ... and didn't awake until 11 am or later.
IF one has stayed out late partying or just hanging out listening to music or whatever, they'd likely sleep in !
M00.

If those drippings are outside the kitchen it's more likely grease from

Here's the kitchen:

712ybq.jpg

I'd bet what was described as blood dripping down the outside of the house was actually grease or something from the sink or dishwasher. Unless they build houses incredibly cheaply, I find it difficult to believe blood could drip through a stick-built house with insulation to the outside.

Put me in the Daily Mail is sensationalism camp on that. Moo.
That’s a solid point. I truly thought there is nooo way that’s blood but if you zoom into that blood photo it truly looks like blood . It drips like blood and has a dark red hue . Old grease has more of an orange yellow dark brown hue and that photo very much looks like blood up close

After seeing that footage from the food truck, I can't help wondering if someone saw 2 women that they read as vulnerable, followed them. Entered the house and killed them(whether intended as murder or sexual assault that turned to murder). Discovered 2 roommates somehow by accident and killed them, and just didn't search out or find the other 2.

Very possible.
Was anything missing as far as a trophy ? Makes me sick to think of it.
Clothing ?
I really want to know if the victim's phones are missing.

Ok, here's a thought : Respectfully -- was the residence like a grand central station at times, with friends coming and going ?
It's easy to trust people you've hung out with and even had them sleep over at times.

As in, someone might not need to know the keypad combo, if the door was propped or someone let them in, then that person went off to bed to sleep ... and didn't awake until 11 am or later.
IF one has stayed out late partying or just hanging out listening to music or whatever, they'd likely sleep in !
M00.
Ya I’d really like to know what the other two roommates were doing that night . Who were they with ? What were they doing . I don’t think they are suspects or that they know of anything I’m just curious. Also I wonder what time Ethan and gf got home from their party

I've been wondering if they were actually ALL very close.

To me it seems that they are more like two pairs. Maddie and Kaylee are from Idaho, grew up together, considered themselves to be sisters, and were seniors.

Ethan and Xana were respectively from Washington and from Arizona, he was a freshman and she was a junior, and they were a couple.

The two pairs spent their last evening in different locations and horribly were all slaughtered after having at some point reunited at home.

Then there was another pair, if it's accurate that two roommates were home and unaware of the massacre in their own residence.

It definitely makes me wonder, like many others here, if just one person was the target and the others were collateral casualties. Perhaps someone woke up and tried to call for help or tried to intervene, but I still feel that there was either one target, or one pair was targeted.

However this happened, it is terrifying.
All 3 of these girls grew up together. The dad moved to Az which is why one is listed as being from AZ.

IMO, the 911 call was from one of the roommates or a guest of theirs.

It is unclear where the bodies of the 3 girls were found.

Two separate bedrooms or 3 or were all of them or some of them still up?

Don’t know if there were signs of a struggle.

JMO, but no forced entry seems like a huge clue. Did someone let them in
This article is in the media-only thread:
Man reportedly threatened students with knife on UI campus

Does anyone know if they ever found this guy? I'm sure they are looking into any possible connections, but I found it strange this just happened in September, and I didn't see any updates.
yes he turned himself in. He was on a bike and the students didn’t yield so he waved a knife at them.

After seeing that footage from the food truck, I can't help wondering if someone saw 2 women that they read as vulnerable, followed them. Entered the house and killed them. Discovered 2 roommates somehow by accident and killed them, and just didn't search out or find the other 2.
Wait, I know I am cheating by not reading the whole thread, but there were six in the house? 2 survived? Am I that clueless?? Please tell me? 6?

where are people getting that ethan was found separated from the rest? i've seen people say he was found in the kitchen/ living room area but in the interview with his mom she says ethan and xana were in the room together?
Since EC's mother clearly states the couple were found in the same room (and EC was spending the night), I think others might be speculating that since EC did not live in the house, he may have been located in the main level / common area or possibly departing-- which have all been disproven.

Wait, I know I am cheating by not reading the whole thread, but there were six in the house? 2 survived? Am I that clueless?? Please tell me? 6?
Thats what it sounds like from the press conference! I am just as gobsmacked honestly!

If those drippings are outside the kitchen it's more likely grease from

Here's the kitchen:

712ybq.jpg

I'd bet what was described as blood dripping down the outside of the house was actually grease or something from the sink or dishwasher. Unless they build houses incredibly cheaply, I find it difficult to believe blood could drip through a stick-built house with insulation to the outside.

Put me in the Daily Mail is sensationalism camp on that. Moo.

The wall with the supposed blood extends further out than the kitchen. The wall is not a kitchen wall, it is the back of a bedroom wall. If you look out the window above the dishwasher, you can see that the exterior wall extends further than the kitchen. (So, imo, it is not a sink or dishwasher issue, it is an issue from the bedroom.)

MOO.

Since EC's mother clearly states the couple were found in the same room (and EC was spending the night), I think others might be speculating that since EC did not live in the house, he may have been located in the main level / common area or possibly departing-- which have all been disproven.
One of the victims – understood to be 20-year-old Ethan Chapin, of Conway, Washington – was discovered on the floor on the second level of the three-story home."
Link: Blood oozes from home where four Idaho students were killed

where are people getting that ethan was found separated from the rest? i've seen people say he was found in the kitchen/ living room area but in the interview with his mom she says ethan and xana were in the room together?
No she doesn't. These are Ethan's mum's exact words from the video interview.

"Ethan was just... stayed the night at his girlfriends house. It was 1 of the 5 girls that lived in the home."

Oh wow. I haven't read or heard that at all. I guess I better go do some reading and come back.
I can't imagine how they must feel rn. Did one of them make the 911 call, and if not, where the heck were they when that call was made? This kinda changes things, and now more questions and speculation. Hmmmmm.

Oh wow. I haven't read or heard that at all. I guess I better go do some reading and come back.
I can't imagine how they must feel rn. Did one of them make the 911 call, and if not, where the heck were they when that call was made?
It hasn't been discussed who made the call, or what has happening with the other roommates. It was just confirmed today at the PC that the two roommates were home at the time of the attack, that's all.

One of the victims – understood to be 20-year-old Ethan Chapin, of Conway, Washington – was discovered on the floor on the second level of the three-story home."
Link: Blood oozes from home where four Idaho students were killed
Respectfully, I trust the word of the victim's mother over the Daily Mail. JMO

ETA: partial transcript from mother's interview with King5 reporter:

9:03
it's important for us I mean the reason
9:06
we've agreed to do this is there's some
9:08
misinformation out there
9:10
and that's been hard for us and that's
9:12
why we as a family talked about it and
9:15
agreed to do this because the things
9:17
that are being said are 100 not true
9:19
there's not drugs involved there's not
9:22
some weird
9:23
love triangle Ethan was
9:26
just was stayed the night at his
9:28
girlfriend's house who was one of five
9:30
girls who lived in the home
9:33
um and it's just important that that
9:35
people let the Criminal part of it try
9:37
to work itself out and that
9:42
that these kids these these all of the
9:45
kids were just really good great kids
9:49
so I mean
9:52
the light of the school I mean everybody
9:55
knew them
9:56
one of them I believe was his girlfriend
9:58
was also killed is that correct yes
10:01
Santa
10:02
yeah they were in the same room
10:05
and I think that's all the questions I
10:07
have but I really do appreciate you guys
10:09
sharing more about Ethan so we can
10:11
understand more about him and share more
10:13
about him with you know Western
10:14
Washington and the community here thank
10:17
you thank you thank you so much

Last edited:
Graphic post :

Some people have survived getting a cut to the throat, so they'd know how it felt and if they could make a noise or not.
I suppose it depends on where the person was cut and how deep ?

I mentioned some people sleeping in late after a full night of whatever, but two people ?
Heard nothing ?
Although we don't know that, so this is speculation only -- they may have said something to the police, like they hid for a long time.
Understandable.
It just adds to the mystery of why the 911 call came in so late.
I guess we'll find out if LE update in a few days or more ?
M00.

No one was actually unconscious. Someone saw a person (Probably Ethan) lying on the floor and called 911 to report an unconscious person. OR that's how the 911 dispatcher reported someone lying on the floor.
It is amazing the difference between 911 calls coming in and how they are dispatched. At the disservice of officers if they are downplayed. Imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper