ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide - Moscow #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For Reference: Location of Food Truck (red dot) and direction of travel for the two females (green arrow), which leads to a parking lot.

Second Photo is best route from Food Truck to Location of the House via Google Maps. *Best route does not equate to route driven. However, when looking for cameras to look through, it's nice to have a starting point.
Screenshot 2022-11-17 12.29.36 AM.pngScreenshot 2022-11-17 12.36.48 AM.png

If those drippings are outside the kitchen it's more likely grease from

Here's the kitchen:

712ybq.jpg

I'd bet what was described as blood dripping down the outside of the house was actually grease or something from the sink or dishwasher. Unless they build houses incredibly cheaply, I find it difficult to believe blood could drip through a stick-built house with insulation to the outside.

Put me in the Daily Mail is sensationalism camp on that. Moo.
It looks like that door gives a good view if curtains or shades weren’t there. you can see other houses so could someone have been watching them? When you have people living with you it can give you a sense of securit.

I’m just going to quote these because I want this thread to stay open.
ADMIN NOTE:

To clarify - videos linked/posted/discussed on WS MUST COME FROM AN APPROVED MSM or LE SOURCE. CLIPS of the video from the food truck have been published by a local news outlet, and on Gray Hughes YT channel. THE FULL VIDEO HAS NOT BEEN PUBLISHED BY ANY APPROVED SOURCE and may not be posted or discussed.
At this time, ONLY what is seen on the 2 approved clips may be brought and discussed here.

EDIT: Idaho Tribune is not MSM, not approved.

Gray Hughes clip -

MOD NOTE:

I know everybody here is anxious for an arrest in this case. While we have the video to discuss, it is NOT appropriate to cast aspersions on any of the bystanders in this video. LE has NOT indicated there is a POI or suspect, and until they have, implying that someone in this video is responsible for these murders is setting them up for harassment or worse. Please post responsibly.

Lots of new members here. Welcome! Please review the links in my signature, especially the top two, so you'll be familiar with our TOS. Big rules: Don't sleuth anybody that LE has not said is a POI or suspect, and extended family and friends of the victims are also victims and their social media, etc. is off limits.

Thanks for posting responsibly!

Knitty

Hi everyone. I'm new here and so disturbed by this. Moscow is my hometown, my parents still live there, and I am a University of Idaho alum. I lived on Taylor Ave back in my college days (long ago) which is right by Queen and King Ave. Similar situation, I lived with 5 friends. We came and went, had lots of friends over, didn't worry much about safety or locking doors.

This victims house is right in the middle of the university, very close to Greek row and there are apartments and converted houses all over. Lots of people coming and going.

Moscow is a quiet town, often described as boring! I texted my parents tonight to remind them to lock their doors, something they hardly ever do. It's just unreal that this has happened, and that there are so few answers.

I'll be hanging out here because I'm desperate to know what happened, and glad to answer any local info that could possibly help when/if I can (I don't live there anymore but go back to visit a few times a year).

The wall with the supposed blood extends further out than the kitchen. The wall is not a kitchen wall, it is the back of a bedroom wall. If you look out the window above the dishwasher, you can see that the exterior wall extends further than the kitchen. (So, imo, it is not a sink or dishwasher issue, it is an issue from the bedroom.)

MOO.

Ok, I see what you are saying. So the spot on the wall is below what would possibly be a 2nd floor front bedroom, right hand side as you face the house (D-side)

Good gosh that's creepy.

btw, does anyone know if there is a back door to the house (C-side), or is it the 1st floor door in front (A-side), next to where the cars are parked, and the sliding glass door on the side to the right of that (D-side) only?

I've used fireman's parlance for clarity:

7132mn.jpg

Hi everyone. I'm new here and so disturbed by this. Moscow is my hometown, my parents still live there, and I am a University of Idaho alum. I lived on Taylor Ave back in my college days (long ago) which is right by Queen and King Ave. Similar situation, I lived with 5 friends. We came and went, had lots of friends over, didn't worry much about safety or locking doors.

This victims house is right in the middle of the university, very close to Greek row and there are apartments and converted houses all over. Lots of people coming and going.

Moscow is a quiet town, often described as boring! I texted my parents tonight to remind them to lock their doors, something they hardly ever do. It's just unreal that this has happened, and that there are so few answers.

I'll be hanging out here because I'm desperate to know what happened, and glad to answer any local info that could possibly help when/if I can (I don't live there anymore but go back to visit a few times a year).
Welcome to WS's!

The two cameras "on route" would be:

1) SH-8 US 95 JCT
2) US95 Sweet Ave

I know someone here had really good success at getting access to street cams during another case that was discussed on this forum earlier in the year. If that person could work their magic, that would be amazing.

6 in one house, that's a lot. Wonder if they were ALL close friends.
How do you figure that a tri-level, 6- bedroom home is insufficient or inappropriate for six residents?

In this case, 5 tenants and one overnight guest are believed to have occupied the home on the night 4 individuals were murdered.

From the property Overview:

One of the top campus housing options available! - Sought after location within close walking/biking/driving distance to campus and Greek Row. Ideal set up for roommates with 2 beds / 1 bath on each level. Great outdoor living and entertaining space with large deck and patio.. This 6 bed / 3 full bath home has been fully renovated in 2018 - 2019. Recent updates included new kitchen (cabinets, counters, appliances), 2 fully remodeled bathrooms and newer flooring throughout (no carpet). Washer/Dryer in unit and reserved off-street parking. Easy living with low maintenance landscaping. Sorry no pets allowed. Tenants responsible for all utilities. Professionally managed by Team Idaho Real Estate & Property Management (one of Moscow's longest standing property management firms!) All maintenance is performed by qualified, licensed, and insured professionals. All major systems (roof, furnace, etc have been updated in recent years). A proactive maintenance program with annual dryer vent cleaning, bi-annual furnace servicing, and proactive quarterly maintenance inspections. No Pets Allowed (RLNE5514586)

I was trying to stay on top of this thread, and then resorted to trying to catch up with this thread...to no avail. Personal life intervened and I have no hope of catching up. So please cut me some slack if this has already been covered.

My observations after watching the presser included:
- the other people in the house. It's not clear to me that this was 2 single women in the other 2 bedrooms. It might have been one other roommate who had a romantic partner staying over.
- where was the dog? There has been absolutely no mention of Murphy and whether he was found at the house. Is he alive?
- LE will not divulge where the victims were found. We've heard through media that they were found on the 2nd and 3rd level. I'm presuming that the 2 (or 2+) surviving residents were on the ground floor. [did the murderer enter through the sliding door on the next level up? Did they enter via the keypad on the ground floor and work their way upstairs?]
- was there one attacker or more than one? The City police chief implied there was just one perpetrator. They are still waiting on the autopsy reports. But they cannot confirm if there was just one knife used in the attack.
- 'no forced entry'. - this doesn't mean much as the perp may have already been in the house or may have had the key code, or may have been let in by a resident of the house.

So many things to ponder.

Resident of a different college town in Idaho, just rechecked all my deadbolts. Thoughts...

1. If you were unfamiliar with this house, or this style of house, the common assumption is that bedrooms are upstairs. Although in this state, in multi-level homes, that's not as universal as other places I've lived. Lots of lower level bedrooms to take advantage of ground insulation. They're cooler in summer and warmer in winter, or so I'm told.
2. If you were a frequent visitor or a friend, you'd probably know who slept where.
3. The blood thing -- if someone was stabbed in bed, and the bed was against or close to the exterior wall, and the victim ended up hanging off it or wedged against the wall with the wounds lower than the rest of the body, maybe. Although I would think that the bedding would absorb a fair amount.
4. Drunk people frequently get up for water. Maybe Ethan went down to the kitchen at the wrong moment. Or maybe the dog barked at the intruder and he went tthat way thinking to let him out.
5. I can see ignoring a scream or commotion at 3 am in a college house, depending on how often that happened with my housemates. I might have rolled over and thought "oh ffs it's 3:30, go to SLEEP already" and put in some earplugs. Horrible to realize afterward but in a house where people wake you up a lot, you do that kind of thing.

I almost believe LE are strongly leaning towards 'targeted and personal'.

Imagine how well you'd have to know the people in this house, to target the three female victims and the male, and skip the rooms that the unharmed people were sleeping in ?
Someone who has been to that house on more than one occasion.
Thinking out loud.
You may very well be correct, in that the killer MAY have intended to kill those four but not the other two, and bypassed their rooms because he (I presume a male) knew the layout of who slept where.

However, IMO we do not yet know enough to know if conversely, the other two were spared because the killer did NOT know the layout of the house and did not even know there were two more people asleep elsewhere. In that case they were unharmed by default.

My personal feeling at this time is that one or both of the girls at the food truck was/were the intended victim, and the other two victims were killed indiscriminately because they were in the way, perhaps. I'm leaning towards this because Ethan didn't live there, so it wasn't a certainty that he would be in the house. Unless he slept there every night and that was well-known.

Jmo until more facts are revealed.

Welcome and it's a terrible thing for the victims, family, friends and town.

We hope that the case will be resolved quickly. It may be of some comfort that people literally around the world share the interest in seeing this evil person brought to justice.

Of course encouraging parents and family to lock doors and be careful is warranted, although if we are to believe what the authorities have stated, it was somehow targeted. (And we have no reason to doubt their sincerity).

If you feel so inclined, lending your personal knowledge of the school and town may add a dimension to this discussion that cannot be seen by those of us from afar.

If those drippings are outside the kitchen it's more likely grease from

Here's the kitchen:

712ybq.jpg

I'd bet what was described as blood dripping down the outside of the house was actually grease or something from the sink or dishwasher. Unless they build houses incredibly cheaply, I find it difficult to believe blood could drip through a stick-built house with insulation to the outside.

Put me in the Daily Mail is sensationalism camp on that. Moo.
That's not grease or from a dishwasher. If that could leak through then so can blood. When my kids were young I was pretty broke and had to diagnose and fix everything myself. Unless it was so major I couldn't fix it. But I still diagnosed it. I still do because I don't want a repairman ripping me off. I'm the annoying customer who points out problems to a home inspector because they missed it. I lived in new houses, old houses. I know how they work and how they are built. One of the things that amazes me is the path liquids will take. We will find out eventually what that is. Imo I think that is blood.

5. I can see ignoring a scream or commotion at 3 am in a college house, depending on how often that happened with my housemates. I might have rolled over and thought "oh ffs it's 3:30, go to SLEEP already" and put in some earplugs. Horrible to realize afterward but in a house where people wake you up a lot, you do that kind of thing.

Totally agree.
Re: ignoring the screams, IMO:
There are a lot of houses and apartments right near by this house, pretty much all college students. Noise and commotion would be frequent. It makes total sense to me to ignore it and go back to sleep , especially if people had been drinking.
The house I lived in on Taylor Ave was similar, although not recently renovated like this with bedrooms on the basement level and upper level.

Ok, I see what you are saying. So the spot on the wall is below what would possibly be a 2nd floor front bedroom, right hand side as you face the house (D-side)

Good gosh that's creepy.

btw, does anyone know if there is a back door to the house (C-side), or is it the 1st floor door in front (A-side), next to where the cars are parked, and the sliding glass door on the side to the right of that (D-side) only?

I've used fireman's parlance for clarity:

7132mn.jpg

Graphic:

IMO, For blood to be dripping outside of the house that to me means they weren’t in bed or were startled awake. If they were in bed and asleep the mattress would just absorb it?

Also, I just want to know about the dog. Surely the dog made some commotion, but maybe not?

Welcome and it's a terrible thing for the victims, family, friends and town.

We hope that the case will be resolved quickly. It may be of some comfort that people literally around the world share the interest in seeing this evil person brought to justice.

Of course encouraging parents and family to lock doors and be careful is warranted, although if we are to believe what the authorities have stated, it was somehow targeted. (And we have no reason to doubt their sincerity).

If you feel so inclined, lending your personal knowledge of the school and town may add a dimension to this discussion that cannot be seen by those of us from afar.
Thank you and I'm glad to share whatever I can about the town and school. I hope you are right that the case is solved quickly.

Im curious about people's opinions on the statements made by LE that it was a "targeted" crime. What do they mean, and do we have information indicating that it was? Is it because two others were in the home by but not killed? Do they have certain info they aren't sharing publicly that indicates it was targeted? A concern of mine is making that statement to try to reassure the town without really knowing for sure.

I wonder if they had their throats slashed? Quick and quiet.
If jugular was severed, could bleed out in 15 seconds or less.

Male was found on the floor which implies females were not on the floor. If deaths were between 3 and 4 am, not likely they could have left food truck and got home and fell asleep and been murdered in an hr. So, maybe the couple was on the middle level asleep? Two gals arrived home not too terribly long before 3 am., ate and then were attacked? Male heard attacks and went to investigate and was stabbed? So why the girlfriend? just doesn’t seem likely???? Motive wasn’t robbery. Nothing missing. No mention of rape so not crime of opportunity. Just quick murders of 4 people? Sounds planned and personal. If door was open/unlocked when police arrived, but gals locked when they got home, how did killer(s) get in? Did someone let them in? How did they know where to find the victims? 1 hr is pretty efficient to kill 4 people? So they must have known their killers IMO What was the loud noise from sat night? Was there a fight about something? We’re the 3 girls the target since they grew up together? U don’t plan to kill one and then just kill 3 more because they were there? I just can’t make sense of it all. Without a few more details, I can’t form a theory. Sorry for the ramblings. You just don’t stab 4 people without a personal grudge or in a temporary fit of anger. Killer was angry with all of them IMO. I sure hope the families get some answers. So many lives ruined. I’m gonna go cry now.

The two cameras "on route" would be:

1) SH-8 US 95 JCT
2) US95 Sweet Ave

I know someone here had really good success at getting access to street cams during another case that was discussed on this forum earlier in the year. If that person could work their magic, that would be amazing.
This is a link that may include what you are looking for, although they appear to be live only.

I'm so sorry.

Totally agree.
Re: ignoring the screams, IMO:
There are a lot of houses and apartments right near by this house, pretty much all college students. Noise and commotion would be frequent. It makes total sense to me to ignore it and go back to sleep , especially if people had been drinking.
The house I lived in on Taylor Ave was similar, although not recently renovated like this with bedrooms on the basement level and upper level.
When you live with people you get used to hearing them. Loudly stomping around drunk or talking or having a TV or something on can be background noise that you get used to. I can sleep through fire alarms going off in apartment buildings because there have been so many false alarms. I might be that person that would sleep through a murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member