ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Criminology Student Is Charged in 4 University of Idaho Killings

EBM: this should be a gift link to the NYT article that quotes:
“Ms. Norton said Mr. Kohberger’s quiet, intense demeanor had made people uncomfortable, as had comments he made against L.G.B.T.Q. people.

“He sort of creeped people out because he stared and didn’t talk much, but when he did it was very intelligent and he needed everyone to know he was smart,” Ms. Norton said.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Photos of evidence being taken from the suspect’s Pullman WA apartment.

View attachment 391148View attachment 391149View attachment 391150View attachment 391151
Saw on the news when they took them out. The computer is a gaming computer. I built one for my son (who only uses it for gaming) and the hard drive is really easy to pull out. I’d be curious if the hard drive is still in that one - it should be visible through the glass side if a clear picture exists. If it’s removed it would speak to the level of covering his tracks he attempted to do. If it isn’t, and he uses that computer for anything outside of gaming, he is sloppier than anyone could have imagined.

Criminology Student Is Charged in 4 University of Idaho Killings

EBM: this should be a gift link to the NYT article that quotes:
“Ms. Norton said Mr. Kohberger’s quiet, intense demeanor had made people uncomfortable, as had comments he made against L.G.B.T.Q. people.

“He sort of creeped people out because he stared and didn’t talk much, but when he did it was very intelligent and he needed everyone to know he was smart,” Ms. Norton said.”
just wanted to say I hope you're feeling a lot safer tonight! there's so much more to find out, but at least Moscow can start getting back to feeling safer.

He wanted to be a cop and worked as a security guard for several years until last year........
^^^ Thanks, @Lalalacasbah. The article you posted is packed with tidbits about his life. We are at a gathering of information stage here, and posting links to facts is greatly appreciated. IMO, not ready to arm chair diagnose until all the facts are gathered.

But at the start of senior year, Kohberger was “thinner than a rail” and turned “aggressive,” he said. He’d also picked up a new hobby: taking boxing classes.

“He always wanted to fight somebody, he was bullying people. We started cutting him off from our friend group because he was 100 percent a different person,” Mcloughlin said, adding that he had “no idea” what might have contributed to the change that summer.

[...]

Mcloughlin said the friendship ended when Kohberger began putting moves on his girlfriend. “He was, like, reaching out to her, saying, ‘I can get us a bottle and we hang out tonight.’”

[...]

Another high school friend, Thomas Arntz, recalled Kohberger as a “bully” who would point out his friends’ “flaws and insecurities” to distract from his own struggles with his weight.

“He did that to me all the time,” Arntz told The Daily Beast. “He would go after my intelligence. He would basically insinuate that I’m kind of slow-witted and that I’m forgetful and [that] I lack the intelligence to be his friend.”

BBM

I have never heard of LR asking for more tips or saying the tip lines are open after an arrest. There is something else going on. Jmoo Makes me kinda scared.
Maybe it's just that LE is thinking positively moving forward that with a name and a face now for the pubic to go on, and everyone in the area knowing he is someone who lives locally and not in some random location far away, it may jog someone's memory in a new way and more tips specific to him (the suspect BK) will come in to bolster what they already have.

For example, someone in his immediate circle of acquaintances (the university he attends or apartment building he lives in in Pullman) could remember something about the time around the murders that would go against his alibi, e.g., if it is "I was home sleeping, alone from 9 pm until the next morning when I went to the gym" and new witnesses came forward and said, e.g.,:

"oh yeah, his white car was not in its usual parking place late that night when I got home from the bars, so I got to park there" or

"he had bruises or scratches on his hands or face the next time I saw him after the murders" or

"I saw a guy who looked like him in Moscow that night in the neighborhood and he was ________"

Even if it's circumstantial, there could be credible witnesses that haven't come forward to "give context to the events of that evening" LE has been asking for until they knew who the suspect is.

I think LE does keep tip lines open after an arrest, oftentimes to gather more witness testimony and corroborate what they have, to eliminate or confirm if there were accomplices, etc., especially when it's a complex case like this with 4 murders committed without an obvious motive. MOO

View attachment 391148View attachment 391149View attachment 391150View attachment 391151
From the link in your post:

Bryan Kohberger, 28, who was charged with four counts of first-degree murder, returned to college following the slayings and finished off his first semester as a doctoral student studying criminal justice, the school confirmed in a statement.'

So, he went back to the college and finished his first semester after the killings. His college is in Pullnan west to Moscow ID. On the other hand, his car was traced by CCTV cameras on the shops and gas stations at least 30-40 miles east from Moscow ID, so everyone assumed that he was going away east.

Did he drive all the way to PA after the killings, left there his car to avoid it.being checked in the aftermath of murders and returned to Pullman by plane? Then, again, flew to Pensilvania for Christmas, where he was arrested?

If he went back to finish his first semester at Pullman after killing 4 young people without raising any suspucious, then he certainly has some nerve. Cold blooded calculating murderer.

The part where the female student says BK hung around the library for 2 weeks asking people to do a survey about empathy ( like what would make them want to help another person) reminds me of how Ted Bundy would wear a sling on his arm or a fake cast on his leg and used crutches to charm/disarm women to help him. So creepy imho.

ADMIN NOTE:

STOP with the discussion of various mental health disorders.

The ONLY thing we are aware of at this time is that his family members made reference to OCD. Beyond that we know nothing about this man's mental health or any diagnosis, so it is all speculation not based on any known fact.

Link above is to a bbc news page.

Hi to everyone over in America, can you please tell me would the timings of him travelling and being at home be normal for this time of year? If he’s a student will he be on a Christmas break from university? Thanks in advance.

Was so pleased to get up this morning and see they have arrested someone. I was going to call it senseless ;which it is) but to him I don’t think it will be. I think there’ll be a link somewhere. MOO

Link above is to a bbc news page.

Hi to everyone over in America, can you please tell me would the timings of him travelling and being at home be normal for this time of year? If he’s a student will he be on a Christmas break from university? Thanks in advance.

Was so pleased to get up this morning and see they have arrested someone. I was going to call it senseless ;which it is) but to him I don’t think it will be. I think there’ll be a link somewhere. MOO
Yes, totally normal.

Looks like a large computer?
What I wouldn't give to see his net history pre and post murders...
I'll do no good here without that, at least.
Wondering whether he was a fan of known misogynists with online public profiles and whether that speculated fandom informed his choice to allegedly carry out his alleged deeds...?
(I whisper quietly)
Zero evidence or fact, mere wild speculation as is my way.

Moo..he looks pretty blank..do not think drugs were reason. <modsnip>

Yes, totally normal.
Ok thank you, same as over here in the U.K. then. So by the timings it looked like he stayed on his classes until the start of the Christmas break and then drove for four days to get home, is that right?

Sorry for the questions, just being nosey to see if he acted ‘normally’ time wise after the murders until now.

MOO but there must be a link of some kind, as I find it so, so unusual that he broke into a house and murdered 4 people randomly. I can kind of understand a random murder outside when someone can run off but to do it in a house and have to drive there and back? Strange.

Watch the Video if you haven't. More interesting tidbits about his life. Talks more about his family. It also mentions his needing his aunt & uncle to buy new pots and pans because he wouldn't eat out of ones that meat was cooked in.

Watch the Video if you haven't. More interesting tidbits about his life. Talks more about his family. It also mentions his needing his aunt & uncle to buy new pots and pans because he wouldn't eat out of ones that meat was cooked in.
Them calling he pots and pans thing a food fetish is outright ridiculous. Is maintain a kosher kitchen a “food fetish” too? Or keeping a kitchen peanut free because of allergy? Halal?

Hardcore vegans treat it like a religion. Nothing wrong with that.

The part where the female student says BK hung around the library for 2 weeks asking people to do a survey about empathy ( like what would make them want to help another person) reminds me of how Ted Bundy would wear a sling on his arm or a fake cast on his leg and used crutches to charm/disarm women to help him. So creepy imho.

I was a sociology student, which is often coupled with Criminal Justice departments when schools cut back on social sciences. It is not uncommon for social science students to collect survey responses for class. 2 weeks is longer than I ever did it, but I was also only an undergrad when I studied that. Who knows what his professor required.

I hadn’t heard it before either! I had to look up the definition ! Lol
I had not heard the term either until about 2 years ago. There was a thread here on WS about the guy who murdered a federal judges’s son and injured the husband. He was labeled an Incel but he was actually very Anti Feminist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akwy