ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 42

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this. He doesn't seem nervous or frightened at all, he doesn't appear that concerned. Just blank, like in his photos. He has to be intelligent though. I don't think he has edge-of-the-seat moments. Watching it all unfold while snacking on some ultra-vegan chips while drinking some homemade spring water, is more what I'm envisioning. Maybe I'm wrong and he's just full of emotions, if so he's locked them away somewhere dark and deep.
I’m not sure a flat affect = intelligence so much as lack of surprise and maybe ego.
It doesn’t take a genius to earn a masters degree or be a vegan.
In the grand scheme his ability to elude authorities for 7 weeks isn’t quite a record.

I wonder if this will go to trial, it is worthy of the death penalty, so surely he will not confess guilt

JMO

THEORY ONLY:
One of them heard something, got up to check, realized someone was in the home ran back to the room locked the door and then possibly went into a type disbelief/ shock remained in room for hours afraid to come out to check if intruder was gone.

No one needs to argue or pick apart. We all have opinions and ideas. This is just one of many theories.
I remember a comment that one of the surviving roommates did hear something and got up and locked her door. Can anyone confirm?

I disagree. I think SG had it right the first time and then his lawyer helped him add the cliffhanger. JMO

Can you elaborate without breaking the WS rules? I'm asking because this concerns me about a connection. I suspected a peripheral one (he stalked her online, in person from a distance), but I hope it's not more than that. jmo

JMO - that there must be a convenient way to get to PA from Eastern WA. Remember the case of a Moses Lake wife killed by her husband? Theresa Bergman. He killed her close to Spokane and was caught in Stanton, PA. I always suspected that the Moscow killer did not escape to WA and Canada, but went East, to Montana and (thought I) South Dakota. But there must be a decently fast and easy route East to PA that he could have used several times to and fro. I wonder what odometer on the Elantra shows.
If the car has Pa tags and is registered to another PA resident, then I think it's likely that it was driven out to start school in Washington and then driven back after the murders. That's it. Unless we find out he did other cross country trips.

BK killed them slightly over a week before his birthday. (His birthday is listed as Nov. 21, 1994.) Wonder what he did on his birthday? Was he in Moscow or Pullman then or had he returned to PA for Thanksgiving?

I was thinking the same thing. I have in-laws that had drug problems - on Heroin they were zombies, on Methadone, they were/are slightly less zombies.

I don’t think he was going to school OR killing anyone if he was on either.
A lot of functioning addicts on H out there. You may not know they're even doing it till they take it too far one day. I've had 2 friends OD. Didn't know till they were dead & buried they ever had a habit.

I’m not sure a flat affect = intelligence so much as lack of surprise and maybe ego.
It doesn’t take a genius to earn a masters degree or be a vegan.
In the grand scheme his ability to elude authorities for 7 weeks isn’t quite a record.

I wonder if this will go to trial, it is worthy of the death penalty, so surely he will not confess guilt

JMO
I believe flat affect (or lack of emotional response other than anger/frustration) is a sign of antisocial personality disorder.

I agree with this. He doesn't seem nervous or frightened at all, he doesn't appear that concerned. Just blank, like in his photos. He has to be intelligent though. I don't think he has edge-of-the-seat moments. Watching it all unfold while snacking on some ultra-vegan chips while drinking some homemade spring water, is more what I'm envisioning. Maybe I'm wrong and he's just full of emotions, if so he's locked them away somewhere dark and deep.
LOL how do you make homemade spring water? LOL. Thank you; I needed a chuckle.

I may be projecting (likely), but I swear there's a smile there, very slight, around the eyes & mouth. Almost confrontational about the accusation.

I believe he wanted to get caught, but he may have envisioned it taking a whole lot longer than it did. He could have flown to a nonextradition country, he had the chance.

That said, deep down, even if killers never access it, they can't be in a good place to have done what they did, destroy lives the way they do. I can only assume it's out of the deepest lack imaginable in them they were capable of these atrocities. It's sad. Evil, imo, but at the base of it, deeply sad.

I view it the opposite way. He is not bad-looking, even in these garbs, but he is seething, livid inside. He felt god-like, being in ultimate control of human lives and deaths, and probably didn't think too highly of MPD, and here he was, arrested in the middle of the night.

While he was security guard at the school, were there any incident reports against him I wonder?
I was trying to put together an educational timeline for BK. He's now 28 and just finished one semester of PHD studies. So, the norm is 4yrs undergrad, 2yrs Master, so 3+ years doing what? Was this when he was a security guard? Because I thought I read that as part-time? Were there gaps of time when he wasn't a fulltime student or a fulltime worker? Sorry if I missed a new timeline posted regarding this.
I went to MBA school starting in 2014. I had to take 14 courses including 2 pre-requisites. I was working during the day and going to school at night. My original plan was to finish in 2 years - Spring, Summer 1, Summer 2 and Fall semesters. Well, the best laid plans took longer than expected and it took me 3 and 1/2 years to finish my MBA. So, he may not have finished his master's in 2 years.

Steve Goncalves said no one in the family knows or recognizes the suspect, but in the hours since they've first learned his name they are starting to see connections between him and Kaylee Goncalves that they aren't ready to discuss yet.

I wonder if they found accounts following her social media? Trolls start faking that right away once a name is released!

Otoh, I could see that since he was practically local. It depends on what his web life looked like.

I do think this is a possibility but I think it was the car that got the probable cause arrest affidavit. I don’t think they were quite there yet with genealogy. Although I love this idea and thought process and think it will become a detectives best friend soon.
IDK. Just the car without any other connection would be a hard probable cause sell IMO. Too many white HE. There has to be more. imo

He wanted to be a cop and worked as a security guard for several years until last year.

I missed somehow in all the overwhelming media and fast thread he wanted to be a cop. No surprise though with everything we know now:

"He said Kohberger also took criminal justice courses to potentially become a cop".

"He was also employed as a part-time school security officer by the Pleasant Valley School District for several years until last year".

I went to MBA school starting in 2014. I had to take 14 courses including 2 pre-requisites. I was working during the day and going to school at night. My original plan was to finish in 2 years - Spring, Summer 1, Summer 2 and Fall semesters. Well, the best laid plans took longer than expected and it took me 3 and 1/2 years to finish my MBA. So, he may not have finished his master's in 2 years.
True, some people longer for various reasons. But I'm specifically asking about BK. I'm trying to put a resume together of his last 10yrs since high school. Some of the info in media is incorrect regarding times/dates. Just want to know exactly what he's been doing for ten years.

I view it the opposite way. He is not bad-looking, even in these garbs, but he is seething, livid inside. He felt god-like, being in ultimate control of human lives and deaths, and probably didn't think too highly of MPD, and here he was, arrested in the middle of the night.
Agreed on the godlike. Definitely don't think he views LE as "smarter" than him. I just keep going back to how long he planned the crime, & what the connection to that house was. I believe only he will ever know the "why."

I remember a comment that one of the surviving roommates did hear something and got up and locked her door. Can anyone confirm?
It was reported in some way, shape, or form, back at the very beginning, but couldn’t be corroborated. It may very well be true, but we just have no way of knowing at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState