ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM agreed. I spent a good part of today feeling bad for his parents. From the limited info we have, prior associates of BK state they are good, kind people. When I read that I wondered, what must they be feeling right now? I can imagine their horror, disbelief and "this has to be a nightmare" feelings. He is 28 years old. They did what parents do. Their best. There is no reason for me to suspect they've done anything untoward or know anything outside of what he has told them or the press has printed.
Amen!

Sometimes, depending on it it had distinctive characteristics. Say a broken tip, or a notch in the blade, used a lot and honed to a smaller size than a new blade, twisted or tweaked. There are a lot of things that can happen to a knife that could make it identifiable depending on the cuts, what it struck, etc.
I never heard of that before. So the victims wounds will show signs of these blade defects?

I looked again and it’s fake.
Everyone with the same last name is someone you can follow without being approved.
Some SICKO trying to dupe others set this up.
Honestly, anybody who goes to lengths to set up fake accounts to dupe others by portraying himself as the murderer is HIS OWN KIND OF SICK. Seriously sick.
Just sayin’
all IMHO

truth.

I find that odd as well. I assumed that he had driven himself home to PA … he’s a 28 year adult male. I mean, a lot of people do prefer a companion for long road trips to share the driving, etc. But I would agree that flying your adult son home for a break seems a lot more logical than flying yourself one way and then driving 2,000 miles back home. I mean, what was the plan for the return trip for next semester? IDK. Maybe his parents were worried about him making a solo drive in the winter and volunteered to fly and drive?

Accompanying your adult child on a cross country move to/from college/grad school at the beginning or end of their program (or school year) seems like a normal and helpful thing for a parent. But for a holiday break? Seems unusual.

This may be a little out of the ordinary, but I could see my dad doing the same for me - flying out to drive back with me if it was a particularly long drive (I’m female, but he wouldn’t do it because of that). It was registered to his parents, right? Possibly they needed/wanted the car back over that period or ongoing?

The other side of it is maybe they saw the call out for the Hyundai in the media, put 2 and 2 together and we’re trying to protect their son.

In a previous thread , it was discussed that it is very difficult to get a conviction of 1st degree murder without a weapon. The accused ( homicidal maniac) likely left behind a great deal of DNA that could/would link him to each body. MOO

"Every two minutes, we shed enough skin cells to cover nearly an entire football field. With a single sneeze, we can spew 3,000 cell-containing droplets into the world. And, on average, we leave behind between 40 and 100 hairs per day. As long as we live in the world and leave our homes each day, we can’t avoid leaving a trail of our DNA in our wake."

NOT having a weapon- what would/ will that mean for the strength of this case?
Depends on the other evidence. What is found in the car? In the suspect's apartment? What electronic evidence do they have? Cell tower info? JMO.

I don't find it odd that the dad flew out to drive back with him. Winter break is a whole month in college - it's not illogical for him to need a vehicle at home to work, visit friends, etc.

It is odd that his parents didn't just fly him home rather than flying his father out there to then drive 2,500 miles back to PA. Perhaps they just wanted to road trip together, or maybe there was something else going on...

I think a lot of parents live in denial about their kids committing horrific crimes. Outside of BK's car matching the suspect, they may have had no other reason to think anything pointed to their son, and it's not unreasonable to think that if your own kid had a car similar to a murderer, it wouldn't cross your mind that they killed people.

It does not seem to be a Laundrie situation (yet anyway) where the parents knew he likely murdered and then actively chose to basically ignore it.
And how many white Elantras are there? Sure LE eventually narrowed it down, but when they said "White Elantra", I was like, "Good luck with that!"
Seriously, I felt like it was a needle in haystack. I'm sure even if the parents heard about a white Elantra, their thoughts were the same as mine.

I own a white Subaru.

Do you know how many white Subarus there are in a given WalMart parking lot?
Trust me!

Me in WalMart parking lot: "Now, which one is mine????"

Last edited:
Hayden Stinchfield said Kohberger was the teacher’s assistant in one of Stinchfield’s criminology classes. He seemed disengaged most of the time and was a harsh grader, Stinchfield said.

”He was definitely kind of a creepy guy,” Stinchfield said.

Stinchfield said Kohberger seemed more distracted and disheveled in the days after the killings, letting his facial hair grow out.

In a previous thread , it was discussed that it is very difficult to get a conviction of 1st degree murder without a weapon. The accused ( homicidal maniac) likely left behind a great deal of DNA that could/would link him to each body. MOO

"Every two minutes, we shed enough skin cells to cover nearly an entire football field. With a single sneeze, we can spew 3,000 cell-containing droplets into the world. And, on average, we leave behind between 40 and 100 hairs per day. As long as we live in the world and leave our homes each day, we can’t avoid leaving a trail of our DNA in our wake."

NOT having a weapon- what would/ will that mean for the strength of this case?
Quite possibly a lot more evidence too not of a genealogical nature.
Maybe he was seen and recognised?
Dark web activity?
Known associations with strange people on existing watch lists?
Gang membership or pending?
JMO

In certain circumstances you can actually get from point A to point B faster in a car than a plane...even long distances...IMO

Thank you, well done! and a great example-I LOVE IT!! who knew :) and I'll definitely be using this argument in the future (I hate to fly b/c too much of it & a few scares later).

I wonder if he made up an excuse about not wanting the car at WSU anymore (for obvious reasons) so dad said I’ll fly out and we can drive it together home.
Quite possible! And the fact that BCK is athletic, could run/walk everywhere or even take up snowshoeing, being green in a green state, yada yada, that works. In fact, this really works because also this: https://www.ci.moscow.id.us/DocumentCenter/View/18607/Bill-Chipman-Palouse-Trail

I remember @North_Idaho_Nony saying this was a preferred trail, too.

Between this and @Cassady...

I’m curious, any posters located in Pennsylvania, what was the media coverage like regarding the case and particularly, the Hyundai? I’ve noticed a number of posters based in the States saying the case was getting very little coverage and I’m curious if LE made sure PA (think that’s the correct abbreviation!) got additional coverage knowing he was there/family was there.

CNN analyst thinks BG probably made notes, computer etc. 20,000 tips from his childhood to present. Father and son at a auto store talking to a man about their trip. Oil change? Inspection? Interesting

I don't find it odd that the dad flew out to drive back with him. Winter break is a whole month in college - it's not illogical for him to need a vehicle at home to work, visit friends, etc.

And based on the descriptions of him from classmates, he probably didn’t have any friends who could/would help with the drive.

I so agree... he IS 28 years old. I feel as if much of the discussions here are relating to him as an early 20 something.

Mom owns his car.
Dad helps drive him home.

I still wonder where he was between 2012ish-2016/17. Everyone says how "smart" he is... why start at a community college already into his 20s???

I really feel things are missing.

RBBM

Could be his grades were not up-to-par with the admittance GPAs at the four-year colleges to which he applied.

JMVHO.

I was also thinking the reason he didn't harm Murphy maybe ties to his being vegan?
I don't particularly want to add to the veganism conversation because I'm certain it's utterly irrelevant to his alleged crimes (if he is indeed 'vegan' - we're relying on the word of a fairly distant relative for this and her recollections are from years ago).

But a few people have wondered if this was a reason why he spared the dog so I'll just say the following.

There are dietary vegans (ie plant-based) who don't consume animal products. They eat a plant-based diet, often for health rather than ethical reasons. For some it's 'clean eating'.

Then there are ethical vegans who seek to avoid causing any harm or exploitation to animals by not eating animal products and also further avoid using leather, wool, cosmetics/drugs that are tested on animals, attending sports or events where animals are used, etc. It's all about avoiding cruelty.

Ethical vegans are against cruelty to ANY sentient beings, whether dogs or humans or mice or bees. If he killed these people, he wasn't an ethical vegan. He may have eaten plant-based but that's irrelevant. His choice to eat a plant-based diet would not have stopped him from killing a dog if he was happy to kill four human beings. IMO he just didn't need to kill the dog or didn't see him.

Last edited:
I’m curious, any posters located in Pennsylvania, what was the media coverage like regarding the case and particularly, the Hyundai? I’ve noticed a number of posters based in the States saying the case was getting very little coverage and I’m curious if LE made sure PA (think that’s the correct abbreviation!) got additional coverage knowing he was there/family was there.
I get most of my news from national stations. Local news is basic. I’m in Pittsburgh. I have friends in Monroe County. I’ll ask.

I agree with you 100%. The original post was in the thread before this one, so I could not quote it directly from his original post. I’m just trying to figure out where the OP got the idea that the suspect was anti-LGBTQ. It just irks me when things like this just get thrown about with no proof, and further on down the line for some reason becomes fact merely because so and so heard or read it from so and so…

BK Norton, a student in the WSU Criminal Justice and Criminology Department, said Friday that they didn’t know Kohberger well, but didn’t like him.

“We interacted in class, but personally I was not a fan of Bryan because of comments he had made about LGBTQ+ individuals,” they said in an email to The Associated Press. “He was a little off, but I always thought it was because he was awkward and wanted to fit in.”

Is it possible Mom & Dad suspected it was him. If my child was living 10 miles from a nationally covered brutal quadruple killing, I’d be following very closely. And then when police announce they are looking for an older model white Elantra! His parents can’t be that clueless. Makes me think of Brian Laundries last camping trip with his parents. They knew his girlfriend gabby was missing and he was a POI, but they still chose to spend that last bit of time camping with him.

As a mother, probably no matter what your child does you still love them. Maybe she knew it was likely her last chance to spend time with her son?

Do we think the parents had been contacted by the police early on if there was a partial tag number and the title was in parents name? Maybe just even an inquiry early on, if this vehicle was owned by them and where it was currently located?

I am really thinking a good deal about this too. Especially with the new information about Dad flying out there to drive back with him.

They could have just paid for his plane ticket home. Did his folks know that the Elantra had to be moved/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pixilove