ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditto. Basically, here, let me throw some reasonable doubt out for you.

And IMO JMO me spitballing, but after the 2 roommates said they didn't know him, hadn't seen him, I can imagine the defense rolls up and asks the two roommates if they were always with Kaylee 24/7 - and we know that they were not. Then the defense asks if someone could ever have been at the house with Kaylee when the 2 roommates were not there, and of course, the answer has to be that there could have been. Then the defense asks if they knew every person Kaylee knew and then the defense trots in a few people they definitely didn't know. Better still if the unknowns were at the house without the 2 roommates and/or during a party. Then the defense asks the 2 if they were always at every party and met and remembered everyone - and probably someone can't remember everyone. And on it goes, chipping away, bringing reasonable doubt in small increments. Just quick examples, but MY biggest fear is that if there was friendly contact via a chat or a coffee visit, etc. and then that really expands the potential RD options. And that is why I hated to see that put out there by SG. Of course, that would have come out anyway, but just better to let LE/the prosecution handle that. And all imo jmo just guessing.

IMO JMO 'stone cold killer' would suck, but there are actually really beautiful parts of that drive imo jmo and can be fun.
And add that he could testify that he had been to that house for something. It all hinges on where that DNA is/was….

Do you think he bought the knife in the Pennsylvania area? Recently or had it for some time?

Good chance he bought it in Pa. Plenty of sporting goods store near his home. I'm sure Pa state police/FBI is looking at all his bank transactions, online orders and calling every nearby sporting goods store.

Yep, that's how it is in central Texas. There were numerous toll companies in Texas, (our tolls are local tolls, not state) so then you need to buy a pass for each company! Forget it. Now, it just reads your plate and you get a bill
Same in PA by Pittsburgh but takes months to get the bill!

I know we have some excellent mechanics here in Pa but why not get it repaired in Washington?
Maybe it wasn't having mechanical issues in WA and the issue started on the roadtrip - not serious enough to stop them, but enough to where it needed to be fixed upon their return? idk just guessing.

Make a 37 hour drive (one way) and putting 5k miles on a 7 year old car to take it to your favorite trusted mechanic? The more I try to understand this road trip with Dad, it just makes no sense. I think the parents had an inkling he was in trouble.
I too have that feeling, doesn't make sense. Plus, their son was home for thanksgiving following the murders, as I understand. I wonder if they noticed he was out of character or had injuries and then when the "look out for a white Elantra" was put out they may have been like "Oh %$#*."

Not that I saw. I agree with my fellow psychotherapists here that in our field, psychopathy/antisocial personality disorder is interchangeable, but I thought it might not be in other fields and I didn't want to assume there wasn't another model out there. There are plenty of lay sources that suggest otherwise, but I was looking for a professional source.
Here's the whole debate, from DSM I on ... What's certain is that what researchers call psychppathy is not in the DSM but that, clinically, we consider it to be a subset of ASPD (even though that might not be entirely true always) ...

Attachments

• Journal of Personality - 2014 - Crego - Psychopathy and the DSM.pdf
    120.3 KB · Views: 9
There's absolutely no verification or evidence of genealogical DNA research in this case, nor, IMO, was any such research needed.

All they needed was access to the family trash on trash day. Or similar. A few items is all they would need. Having parental DNA is virtually the same kind of identifier as having a person's individual DNA. The murderer's genes all came from 2 and only 2 people, and just as a paternity test is easy to do - so are paternal AND maternal tests (with double certainty that the son is the child of his parents).

They obviously had a good sample of the murderer's DNA early on. A miracle and a blessing.
Right, but something had to let them know that it was BK’s DNA in the first place. Hence the genealogical DNA research. They would have then obtained family/ his trash in order to confirm. Or they found him via the Elantra or a tip. But the speculation on genealogical DNA is for how they were INITIALLY led to BK. IMO.

Also, could have owned that knife for years now. Most folks keep their personal knives for life, at least most that I know. JMOO.
Good chance he bought it in Pa. Plenty of sporting goods store near his home. I'm sure Pa state police/FBI is looking at all his bank transactions, online orders and calling every nearby sporting goods store

And add that he could testify that he had been to that house for something. It all hinges on where that DNA is/was….
yep. And if there was friendliness, then there are places to go with that. I know what the atty for SG was maybe going for, but maybe he pounced without taking it all the way. IDK JMO and guessing.

Agree. I doubt there was any connection short of walking past him in a bar, maybe. Dad is grieving and can't cope with this horrible randomness of his daughter's death. Anyone can imagine how awful it is. But I agree with you, I doubt there was a connection between this creep and KG. She had a BF, she was popular, she had many interests. Sadly, I think the hugest connection was the party (not protected with alarm) house with several women in it. ((( But - BK might have been stalking lots of female houses.
Based on the anecdotes of BK's previous behavior while living in PA, I wonder if once in Pullman, WA he continued his habit of chatting up female servers at restaurants and asking them where they lived. If he did, it's not out of the question that he would have tried this at Mad Greek where Xana and Maddie were servers. What if one of them mentioned the house, maybe not by its full address, but other identifying marks, e.g., "Oh yeah, I live with a bunch of friends in the big party house down by the fraternity houses"?

In their situation, unless they were getting super creepy vibes from BK, such a comment probably wouldn't have seemed especially risky. For one, they'd have been communicating that they live with a LOT of people, which typically would be a deterrent to anyone targeting the home for a nefarious purpose.

Another possibility is that he asked the question, got shot down, grew fixated on M and/or X, and managed to figure out where they lived through SM or other means.

That could be true, but it could also be a fairly moot point. If they found his DNA in general locations throughout the house then yes, that could be a problem, but there is probably DNA of 100 people in that house. They probably have DNA from under one of the fingernails or in some of the blood that was found, which would be much more difficult for a defense attorney to refute.
true, possibly - we don't know this, but much harder if it is in those places imo jmo. I wouldn't argue that. but why risk it? imo let the process happen.

MOO-

First… I may have missed the rest of the post on BK’s dad flying out to drive home with him… I had not heard of this and yes if true very very interesting.

Personally my opinion only.

Is it possible BK’s dad had been watching the news and knew about murders and police looking for white Elantra?

Is it possible dad put 2 and 2 together with sons close distance to crime scene and the car LE is looking for being the same as his sons… who just so happens to be incredibly interested in crime and murder.

Maybe he offered to come out and spend 3 days in car with son driving home to decide for himself if his child was capable of this. Or Acting different. Parental intuition perhaps?

I personally choose to think his parents are victims in this and as shocked and hurt as everyone else. And I pray that they weren’t in any way privy to anything he did before arrest. I’d be shocked if they were.
Maybe parents thought he should come home for a time with those murders happening right across the stateline.

LE was looking for a different year of vehicle, car in mother's name, she should know year. I don't think parents immediately think their child can do something like that, takes time and evidence and sometimes never.

OCD flare-ups do not cause murder.

I don't believe i said it does. However, OCD is something that has been mentioned by the family. I wonder if flare-ups of physical OCD correlate with mental obsessiveness too. Either way, full-scope studies are is important because, sadly, each case could provide learning experience, help us understand why people kill. No amount of debates about sociopathy vs psychopathy has provided the answer to this simple question, what drives people to sadistic, controlling, homicidal behaviors, and how can we prevent it? Studies, and more studies, are important.

I don’t think it’s that kind of connection. I think it’s a social media connection - instagram, where the girls put up gorgeous picture.
I don’t think he was ever at a party, I was replying to someone else. My vote is for restaurant or bar connection and he then stalked her on social media. I’m thinking it KG that was the target and I’ve thought that since Day 1.

Maybe it wasn't having mechanical issues in WA and the issue started on the roadtrip - not serious enough to stop them, but enough to where it needed to be fixed upon their return? idk just guessing.

The other poster I was responding to stated that the repair issues was the reason why the Dad flew out to Pullman and accompanied his son on the drive back to Pa.

As an expert and instructor in that field, she must know budding serial killers who are drawn to that field and be aware of that fact. I'm sure the topics of her books have attracted some very disturbed fans.
I am curious if she did think he was a bit off. Being shy or quiet is very different than a psychopath.

My understanding is that when she does teach, it's large lecture courses. And, sometimes, large online classes. Their current schedule is not online, so I'm going by past information about the program.

At least, I can't find a schedule of classes (just the catalog),

Interesting to me is that DeSales doesn't have either a department in anthropology nor sociology. Nor genetics.

She is also fond of diagnosing people at a distance and says "psychopathic" is a diagnosis (and diagnoses Rader as such). Just quoting her. You can find her easily on Youtube.

I am trying to figure out if she's ever taught in their adult ed segment (at DeSales), don't think so. Can't find which courses she has taught, but she's definitely on faculty at DeSales. All I can find is that she is *not* listed as teaching any of the core courses in that program.

BTW, the "1000 articles" thing is from Wikipedia and the article is already flagged for having no citation for that. However, she does have *some* academic articles (1000 is an awful lot for any academic career). Here's an example (it's interesting):

It's about how television shows are affected the minds of jurors.

The other poster I was responding to stated that the repair issues was the reason why the Dad flew out to Pullman and accompanied his son on the drive back to Pa.
oh, well, that would make no sense to drive a broken car 2200 miles to get it fixed. I'm not a mechanic, and I still know that much ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyTheSleuth