ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here — what 400 calls?
Several pages back, I believe it was a reference to tips coming in after the announcement of the arrest.

This was a reply to a reply to a reply etc. the original post provided the link to the comments made by LE. Speculation: thread 42 or 43 several hundred posts back ( just a guess not actual number)

My opinion.

If the suspect had any intention of continuing with his studies, he would have flown home for the holidays and left the car at school. The only reason to drive the car across the country after one semester is because he no longer needs a car in Pullman, he isn't staying. It seems like he wants to distance himself and the evidence from Pullman.

Maybe he thought he was home free after arriving at his parent's home in PA.

He didn't move his things out of his apartment, but returning the car to his parent's home seems like he's only going back to Pullman to pack up. Instead, police packed up.
I think he was driving back to PA during the break so that he could get rid of the car. I do think he planned to go back to continue his studies. He could walk to classes since he lived in an on-campus apartment, and eventually get another car. JMO.

Well I actually do find it strange, but not with what we know now. (He had to get that car out of there b/c of what he’d done!) I think, generally speaking, it’s a little unusual for a 28 year old man to not just drive himself home. Yes, it’s a long way, but it’s asking ALOT for a parent to fly all the way across country just to drive back all the way across the country in possible bad winter weather when he was going to have to turn around and drive back again alone across the
country in just a few weeks. It’s nonsensical to me when most people would just fly home for the holidays and then back after.

It only makes sense to me because of what we know. If he killed 4 people and the cops are searching for his car, of course he would want to get it out asap. I can only guess his father was concerned for some reason and that’s why he made the trip with him.

There's nothing to suggest he asked his father to do this. Families are all different. In my family, I never asked my parents to drive with me, but one or the other did every time I traveled by car long distances. I didn't get it at the time, but they always said for safety. I plan to do the same for my kids, even when they're grown adults, unless they have a friend/spouse to do it. I just think it makes good sense to never drive long distances alone. This forum is full of missing people, abandoned cars, or mystery deaths on long-distance drives, not to mention the more common mishaps, such as accidents or possibly getting stuck in bad weather with tragic outcomes.

ETA: I also wonder if the car was a gift from his parents, maybe for getting into grad school or something? I would find it strange a working 28-year-old didn't have his own car, but it seems this guy was "finding himself" or something so I'm not sure it's all that weird. There are a lot of people <30, but older than college aged (especially of this generation) who can't afford. One of my siblings went to college much later and graduated with no money at all, so my parents gifted her my mom's car. There's definitely more story here with BK, but I'm not sure it's all that unusual.

Last edited:
Why is this suspicious?

That's a long drive. Possibility of adverse weather. Spending time with his son. Maybe some sightseeing along the way.
Or maybe they wanted to drive thru the entire way and had to take turns driving. I know someone who did that. Two people went and they took turns driving.....never stopped for the night.

I think his looking older than his age is the result of sickly thinness.

JMO
I just watched a video of one of BK's friends telling how they used to run 6-7 miles a night. There's a thing called 'runners face' that can cause premature aging:

"Runner’s face is a term used to describe the characteristic skin changes in the face that lifelong runners may experience over time, such as leathery, saggy-looking skin, premature wrinkles, sunken eyes, and an overall gaunt appearance."

Dec 7th LE ask for the car. I think they have his name at this point. I think they release the car in hopes someone drops a tip. I think several people from WASU report his name once they see the Elantra. LE starts seeing patterns w him being reported. MOO

Why would he want to have police responding to an incident near the scene of his crimes near the time of the murders?
As a diversion, so as he is departing the scene, LE attention is dealing with a bunch of drunk 19-year olds in the vicinity and the attention of others in the area is drawn toward that.

It will be interesting to see the evidence LE has, and how they got there. At this point, I think there were at least 2 errors by BK:

Strategic Error: The car, and how to deal with it.

Operational Error: DNA left at the scene. It remains to be seen how big of an error. If it was found under the fingernails of any of the victims, he is toast (very much hoping for this).

MOO, and very relieved he is in custody.

There's nothing to suggest he asked his father to do this. Families are all different. In my family, I never asked my parents to drive with me, but one or the other did every time I traveled by car long distances. I didn't get it at the time, but they always said for safety. I plan to do the same for my kids, even when they're grown adults, unless they have a friend/spouse to do it. I just think it makes good sense to never drive long distances alone. This forum is full of missing people, abandoned cars, or mystery deaths on long-distance drives, not to mention the more common mishaps, such as accidents or possibly getting stuck in bad weather with tragic outcomes.
I would do the same, as I posted probably last night. Still would if she needed me. Parent for life. :)

I agree. It's been extensively discussed and while some sleuthers find it strange, many of us don't find it weird at all. I'd do the same for my kids. No way would I encourage cross country traveling alone, for anyone. Too much risk, IMO.
But he would have driven back to WA alone after Christmas?

The Mad Greek is a chain that, per google, was started in Southern California. I have stopped at the original (1974) Mad Greek in Baker, CA, many, many times; it is halfway between LA and Las Vegas, and always busy.

If the Moscow diner is at all similar, the menu is pretty extensive. It almost reminds me of a Jewish deli-type restaurant, with the emphasis on traditional Greek--rather than Jewish--dishes. But almost anyone can find something to eat there: not specifically vegetarian, but I assume a vegetarian could cope.

That said, Ashley Banfield reported earlier on Saturday that her people had talked to the suspect's two aunts-by-marriage. One said she had to buy separate pots and pans because BK wouldn't eat out of anything in which meat had ever been cooked or served.

I would be very surprised if he could get that type of service at a Mad Greek diner.

(ETA and BBM: It occurs to me I have no way to link to AB's report. I watch YouTube on my Apple TV device: no links or addresses are given. I'll report this post myself to the mods.)

Is it a fact finger prints are required as a prerequisite for hire in PA schools? At the school corporation I worked at (not PA), only background and drug testing were required. I’ve not seen anything on the PA DOE website requiring fingerprints.
As he worked security for the school district he was required to be fingerprinted. FBI Fingerprinting

Jumping right in with this, as I've been trying to get up to speed. 2 things..

Makes me sick to think that he'd be enjoying the attention this is getting and then when he gets to work through the case.

I do think he has done something prior to this.. Any unsolved crimes/murders in PA?

Curious that a even a random person describes BK as "a bit awkward" after a very short chat they had with him and his father when the Elantra was serviced. I don't think he's any good at stalking or blending in with any type of crowd. Even restaurant personnel thought him a creep and these people usually have pretty high creep "tolerance" so to say. Ninja he is not. It seems he would stand out any place he'd go, so it's a bit weird he wasn't noticed/reported by any of the victims considering how he most likely followed them for some time before he attacked. All just MHO.
There are entire industries based on helping people who are "a bit awkward" learn how to be brave enough to have conversations with strangers. A lot of people share these traits.

However, you are correct that he would have stuck out to the crowd at King Street. If they have the right guy here, I do wonder what the connection was to them. Uber driver? Tutor? Did he go to that general area for drugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper