ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting possibility if he was the one calling in the noise complaints, using a burner phone. If so, I wonder if he was ALSO the one calling in the 3 am complaint about noisy drunkenness at Bend Field the morning of 11/13.
I've seen an article mentioning where the noise complaints came from. IIRC, a few were from family homes on the street above the murder house.

Not my experience.

Or mine. I loved doing it but it weren't no cakewalk.

I don't follow that many cases here, but in my limited experience the "successful" crimes seem less a function of the brilliance of the criminal and more a function of unusually favourable circumstances, LE blunders and luck.

This was a brutal, messy, high-risk crime. Multiple victims, close quarters and edged weapon, all kinds of likely adverse factors from fightback to witnesses digital and human -- e.g., the white Elantra. I don't see the endgame for BCK beyond the thrill of the act itself and its replaying through memory and true-crime memorialization as he sits on death row.

I know the focus will shift to the criminal now. He doesn't deserve it.

Interesting idea. I think it was 5:30pm in that one video - in the US it varies but many jurisdictions set noise restrictions after 10pm, but if you have unreasonable noise during the day the cops can still respond and write a ticket too.

The cops said how loud the music was in that video and the others as well, even threatening a ticket multiple times, so I do think they legitimately were being very loud and disturbing the neighbors.
I also think the cops were interested in cracking down on underage drinking to some degree. I saw the body cam footage of the boys that were underage ( it’s been posted on here WAY back in these before) drinking during the time frame of the murders.The version I saw was unedited and the boys were stopped because the were seen by the cops stumbling.( cops words)

But he would have driven back to WA alone after Christmas?

But we don't know what someone would do, unless it's already happened. Maybe the plan was for him to drive back alone because he wanted to or because he didn't want his dad to be put out again, but that plan could have changed. Or maybe they said that to the service person just because. Or the service person misunderstood (it came from the service provider, right? Or am I remembering that wrong?). Anyway, we don't know. All we can really examine is what already happened because those are our only facts and we know that dad drove with him to PA. We don't know what would have happened later. MOO.

Why not just buy BK a round trip airline ticket? It would be cheaper, safer and quicker. If he really needs transportation while on break in PA, he can rent a car, uber, borrow the parents car, etc. Who drives 2500 miles home (5000 RT) for a 3 week break? There is something more to this.
I get the feeling that this was a pre-planned decision. Perhaps they had decided to trade the car in for a newer vehicle. Knowing that he’d only have the car for just over a month may have been factored into his attack. And maybe not. This is all my opinion and could be very wrong.

The DM certainly has a reputation, I wouldn't call it good.

Blood Oozes Through Walls anyone?

But it has been allowed on this thread.
Not defending the DM. But how can anyone have complete confidence in any MSM these days? They have all lowered their standards to DM's level. They all deserve to have shade thrown at them. Unless I see a direct quote, and not from a "source", I treat everything else with skepticism. And most of the time I question even that. A direct quote can still be deceptively framed for clicks. Imo.

I find that part stranger than the Dad flying out. But maybe he had anxiety around flying or something. Do we know when his school starts classes back up? At my college we were out for about 6 weeks around the holidays. We didn't go back until late January. I remember going home during that time and it was a pain to get around and meet up with friends because I didn't have a car. If his school is out for that long, I could see an argument for wanting a car to get places. Just a thought. MOO
WSU starts back up 1/10.

(I'm guessing they're on a quarter system - I know of at least two other school in West Coast states that follow it. Their Fall terms start end of September, run to mid-December, return around the tenth for the Winter term. Spring term ends mid-ish June. Schools on semester schedules start in August and end in May, by contrast.)

Why is this suspicious?

That's a long drive. Possibility of adverse weather. Spending time with his son. Maybe some sightseeing along the way.
IDK if anyone else said this, the threads are going too fast for me to keep up with my work schedule lately but my question is.... how on earth did HIS parents of all people, hear about this crime, know the police are looking for the exact car your son drives and that your son lives 15 mins from the crime scene... and now he's coming home and needed Dad to help him on the long drive WHILE THE SEARCH IS ON FOR HIS CAR and his parents NEVER thought THAT was suspicious!? <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
IDK if anyone else said this, the threads are going too fast for me to keep up with my work schedule lately but my question is.... how on earth did HIS parents of all people, hear about this crime, know the police are looking for the exact car your son drives and that your son lives 15 mins from the crime scene... and now he's coming home and needed Dad to help him on the long drive WHILE THE SEARCH IS ON FOR HIS CAR and his parents NEVER thought THAT was suspicious!? <modsnip>

it's not the same car

it's a 2015 Elantra.

For all we know, a devious mass murderer might even have told his parents that his car was cleared cause it was 2015.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, what do you think the "was anyone else arrested" remark was? Possibly a beginning strategy to sow doubt that there was an accomplice that "really" did the murders, so that BK can walk since then a juror might believe him? That was my thought...JMO, just wondering
Imo, he was wondering about his parents who were also in the house when he was arrested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi