ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 44

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK if anyone else said this, the threads are going too fast for me to keep up with my work schedule lately but my question is.... how on earth did HIS parents of all people, hear about this crime, know the police are looking for the exact car your son drives and that your son lives 15 mins from the crime scene... and now he's coming home and needed Dad to help him on the long drive WHILE THE SEARCH IS ON FOR HIS CAR and his parents NEVER thought THAT was suspicious!? That is what's suspicious to me and I'm feeling like they may have been helping or assisting even if just a tad bit to keep him safe. Giving me flashbacks of how the Laundries had more info than they let on too.

This murder was not ongoing front page news in Pennsylvania. Unless someone watches particular cable channels, it’s quite possible not to know about this case at all. I’ve been looking at cable for updates and other than CNN, I haven’t seen anythings (I don’t watch Fox). Many people don’t watch a lot of cable news. Moreover, the authorities did not state they were searching for BK’s car; they said Elantra was 2011-2013 and there were THOUSANDS of them. Who would assume that their Ph.D. student in his first semester would commit mass murder? And finally, their son was in Washington; the murders were in Idaho. We now know that there was only a few miles and a few minutes between BK’s school and the crime scene, but how would someone not really following this story know that?

It’s a fundamental error for true crime followers to assume that most people know about even crimes as well publicized as, say, the Murdaugh killings or the Petito killing. The trial of a man accused of a conspiracy murder of 8 family members in Ohio got zero public attention in my area, even though it’s a neighboring state.

IDK if anyone else said this, the threads are going too fast for me to keep up with my work schedule lately but my question is.... how on earth did HIS parents of all people, hear about this crime, know the police are looking for the exact car your son drives and that your son lives 15 mins from the crime scene... and now he's coming home and needed Dad to help him on the long drive WHILE THE SEARCH IS ON FOR HIS CAR and his parents NEVER thought THAT was suspicious!? That is what's suspicious to me and I'm feeling like they may have been helping or assisting even if just a tad bit to keep him safe. Giving me flashbacks of how the Laundries had more info than they let on too.
I think it's very possible they weren't following this story on the news. Especially the Elantra search.

And where did they eat? BCK was so strict on his diet? No fast food? Potty breaks? Gas fill ups? Snacks? Drinks? Hotel? 38 hours straight in a compact car…..
Just thinking. We heard from one aunt, right? For all we know, it was a phase he went through. We've all been speculating he is vegan based on one remark. He may be, he may not be. JMO

If I'm missing confirmation that he is, so sorry. :)

His parents may not have had ANY of that information. Not everyone is interested in that kinda stuff.

Didn't someone here post that her new used 2016 Range Rover Evoque was bought in Pullman WA? I think they said the license plate had the name of an auto dealer in Pullman.
It's long been reported that KG made the trip to Moscow from her family home for the weekend to show her friends her new ride.

I'm sure she bought the vehicle in her hometown in Idaho. It doesn't follow that her friends would not have seen the vehicle if purchased in Pullman, WA -- only 10 miles from the King Road rental house.

Even tho the year is off, it's still a white Elantra. As many days as this particular Elantra was on the news and being discussed ad nauseum, there's no way IMO that his parents didn't at least raise an eyebrow. Vinnie Politan was especially stern when he covered the car and "don't you have friends? Don't you have family that know this car?" Idk.. but even if it were my family member, I would have been highly suspicious myself.
Not all the public follows these cases that are 1/4 the way around the globe.

My spouse is only aware that the event happened from some news. She prefers not to read news grabbing headlines and references it a murder *advertiser censored*. She would not have known about the car, for the reason is that it is 1500 miles away. A tragic event, however, reading news reports can't help.

Does anyone remember when the information about the white Elantra was released? I can't find when it originated on a Google search because it's all saturated with the arrest. The suspect was in PA on 12/16. Was that before or after LE released the information?

IMO maybe BK wanted his Dad to drive with him to avoid undue suspicion. He didn't want to be the "single white male in a Hyundai." Another point to consider as the car was registered to his mother, having the father there could verify ownership, in the event of an unanticipated traffic stop. The father could also "vouch" for his saying perhaps, yes, he lives in PA and that's where we're heading. This is not his car, etc. JMO

He also probably planned to leave the car in PA and fly home, thereby keeping the car clear across the country, out of sight, in his parent's garage. Just a guess.

Does anyone remember when the information about the white Elantra was released? I can't find when it originated on a Google search because it's all saturated with the arrest. The suspect was in PA on 12/16. Was that before or after LE released the information?

Even tho the year is off, it's still a white Elantra. As many days as this particular Elantra was on the news and being discussed ad nauseum, there's no way IMO that his parents didn't at least raise an eyebrow. Vinnie Politan was especially stern when he covered the car and "don't you have friends? Don't you have family that know this car?" Idk.. but even if it were my family member, I would have been highly suspicious myself.
maybe parents did ask BK?
So when a suspicious parent asks their son. What might he say?

a devious, 'clever' perp replies - 'yeah! I actually contacted MPD because I drive an Elantra and I'm only 10 miles away Dad and LE said "thank you for volunteering this info sir, but yours is 2015"... Dad it's such a sickening crime, I can't wait for this semester to end, we're all so freaked out here, we're all scared there's a spree killer on the loose, even WSU students are freaked out....'

we just don't know, it's one possible scenario of many

The gift of fear is how I got away from a creep. Yes you can sence creepy people. He did kill someone, prison and now in a nursing home and still creepy! No boundaries, know it all and I still have a fear of him.

Always follow your intuition. If your gut is telling you to AVOID someone or somewhere just trust it.

This murder was not ongoing front page news in Pennsylvania. Unless someone watches particular cable channels, it’s quite possible not to know about this case at all. I’ve been looking at cable for updates and other than CNN, I haven’t seen anythings (I don’t watch Fox). Many people don’t watch a lot of cable news. Moreover, the authorities did not state they were searching for BK’s car; they said Elantra was 2011-2013 and there were THOUSANDS of them. Who would assume that their Ph.D. student in his first semester would commit mass murder? And finally, their son was in Washington; the murders were in Idaho. We now know that there was only a few miles and a few minutes between BK’s school and the crime scene, but how would someone not really following this story know that?

It’s a fundamental error for true crime followers to assume that most people know about even crimes as well publicized as, say, the Murdaugh killings or the Petito killing. The trial of a man accused of a conspiracy murder of 8 family members in Ohio got zero public attention in my area, even though it’s a neighboring state.
I can certainly see yours and others' POV. However, I'm on the east coast also and heard of this story every day and I don't watch the news - it was all over the internet as well. We can surely give them the benefit of the doubt, as most of us would never imagine our children as murderers or would not want to believe it if it was accused of them...BUT since there HAVE been parents in other cases who assisted their child in the days/weeks after a crime, it cannot be dismissed as impossible in this case. IMO.

I drive from Minneapolis to Kansas City regularly. It's not that expensive to drive and get hotels-probably less than $500-$700 total to drive 2500 miles. It's not cheaper than flying, but it would be cheaper than flying plus boarding his dog,
Honestly, I think he was arrogant and didn't think he would get caught, or if he did get caught, he didn't think he would actually go to prison. He's waiving extradition so he is at least pretending he has nothing to e afraid of...
ETA: MPLS to KC is not nearly as long of a drive, but I can do it without saving money up. It's not that expensive is what I am saying.

But it has been front page news on CNN, Huffington Post, FoxNews, etc for the past 8 weeks so...unless they don't watch the news on TV or read it online only local news, then yes they absolutely could be clueless.
I found out on CNN front page news on Dec. 13th otherwise I'd be clueless too.

Dec7

MOSCOW, Idaho – Detectives are interested in speaking with the occupant(s) of a white 2011-2013 Hyundai Elantra, with an unknown license plate. Tips and leads have led investigators to look for additional information about a vehicle being in the immediate area of the King Street residence during the early morning hours of November 13th. Investigators believe the occupant(s) of this vehicle may have critical information to share regarding this case.

And where did they eat? BCK was so strict on his diet? No fast food? Potty breaks? Gas fill ups? Snacks? Drinks? Hotel? 38 hours straight in a compact car…..
We don't know how strict he really was. Could have been his fussing about pots and pans was some way of putting pressure on his aunt and uncle rather than really being about meat contamination. I'm not vegan but have heard that all sorts of products without any meat, fish, poultry, dairy, honey etc can cause problems for vegans, possibly even beer, which he drank in Moscow bars according to news articles further back in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KellzBellz01