ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 44

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many people are not even aware of this crime, and of those who are aware, are not so glued to the details as to know about the white Hyundai. IMO
Good point.
On the other hand my brother in Wisconsin, My sister South Dakota, and a friend in Washington state all know and knew.

GREAT QUESTION! Why randomly shoot up the school? Unless terrorism to create fear and infamy are part of the revenge fantasy.
It depends on the reason. According to some research, autism spectrum disorder may play a role in some cases.

"There are a number of themes that seem to emerge consistently from this research, including a naïve understanding of relationships and jealousy of others or anger and frustration at their own experiences . . .."

Those factors could apply to anyone with poor social skills, in my opinion, even if autism spectrum disorder is not present (or at least to any male because females in similar situations don't seem to react with violence unless you count self harm).

Last edited:
Dec 13th

An overnight assistant manager at the gas station told Fox News she’s been analyzing the tapes during her downtime and claims she saw a white sedan whiz by around 3:45 a.m. Nov. 13.

The employee, who requested her name be withheld for her safety while the killer or killers remain on the loose, said on Monday night she spotted the car and emailed a screenshot to a police tip address.

“I had a weird feeling to go get on the cameras,” the clerk, who was not working the night of the murders, told Fox.

She said the car was driving fast down Highway 8 before turning onto a side street.

This gas station is at 802 troy rd.

Eta 5 minutes from king rd address.

Eta
Would be interesting to know what time the car was seen close to the home.

hes from the Poconos so driving in snow isn't his problem. His personality prolly changed drastically on Dec 7th. It's possible he tells his parents hes not returning in the spring. His dad worried comes out to visit him. moo
I've been wondering if BCK was just checking out on life, he didn't feel that he would ever live up to what people in his life expected of him, whom they all thought of as a genius. Maybe he realized that his social awkwardness was hindering him from a career that dealt with the public or people in general. Maybe he targeted the females because they represented the girls who wanted nothing to do with him in the past. I'm no expert, just curious.
M00

Your post got me thinking of the material that LE could find on BK's computer, notes, etc. His defense lawyer will no doubt argue that some of the material is related to his academic studies, to his program, research, etc. Even the creepy survey he posted on social media, it looked like it was approved by two faculty members, IIRC.
I agree that his defense lawyer will likely argue material found on his devices are related to his academic studies, his program, research, etc... but I also think that a prosecutor could turn that upside down saying that his academic studies, program, research, etc. were due to his dark thoughts and obsession of wanting to know what it felt like to kill another human being, which is why he picked criminology to study. It was more about wanting to know everything about the subject, and less about wanting a career in criminology.

All MOO.

I have two friends that I talked to about this case and we live nowhere near Idaho or Pennsylvania. The first one is following all the details and the second one had no idea what I was talking about.

I watch left leaning NBC news in the morning and right in the evenings (Fox). This story has been a lead story on both!

I just cannot believe that his parents knew nothing about a quadruple murder and a serial killer on the loose 9 miles from their son’s apartment. Even if they watched no news, mom was a substitute teacher, and you would think people who knew her or her family might talk about this case at work.

And dad worked in Hvac, so presumably he had coworkers also.
They may not have been aware of how close the universities were. All of the headlines read Idaho at the time.

Oh no... worst nightmare if he actively stalked them all. So awful. So tragic. So scary.

Bryan Kohberger stalked Idaho victims before murders, wore gloves in grocery store weeks afterward: report
So this article references cell phone data information from a Daily Mail article. Where did the Daily Mail get this data? An anonymous source. Once again the media outlets are printing unverified info. Until it comes directly from LE I would take any info with a grain of salt. MOO

I've been wondering if BCK was just checking out on life, he didn't feel that he would ever live up to what people in his life expected of him, whom they all thought of as a genius. Maybe he realized that his social awkwardness was hindering him from a career that dealt with the public or people in general. Maybe he targeted the females because they represented the girls who wanted nothing to do with him in the past. I'm no expert, just curious.
M00
I am not sure that his problem is other people expecting more from him than he is capable of.

His problem is that his idea of himself does not match his abilities, they are way below his ambitious. This is my impression of him.

Regarding the girls issues. What I know is that the girls/women don't like arrogant guys. Ladies expect to be cherished, not controlled.

We're more familiar with genealogical DNA being used with cold cases. If that type of DNA investigation was done with the DNA at the crime scene, it seems like a new application of the investigative tool - one that has caused concern for privacy watchdogs in the past.

"Genetic genealogy techniques were used to connect Kohberger to unidentified DNA evidence, another source with knowledge of the case tells CNN. The DNA was run through a public database to find potential family member matches, and subsequent investigative work by law enforcement led to him as the suspect, the source said."

CNN
When I did ancestory. com I had the option to sign a waiver for my dna to be utilized outside their forum or however it was said. I took it to mean LE.

Driving both ways in one month to six weeks could add up to a rent payment! Neither BK or his family seem flush with extra cash from what has been discussed here.

And his dad had the added cost of flying out.

I wonder if BK had hidden his car somewhere after the search was announced by LE or even before.

MOO
Well, think about this. It’s very common for all students to leave campus over the Christmas or winter holiday. International students fly to Europe. Asia and Africa to see their families. Would you sit alone in an apartment complex for a month, through Hanukkah or Christmas and New Year’s Eve? Would your parents want to see you over the holidays? It’s perfectly normal for undergrads and grad students to go home over holiday breaks.

So this article references cell phone data information from a Daily Mail article. Where did the Daily Mail get this data? An anonymous source. Once again the media outlets are printing unverified info. Until it comes directly from LE I would take any info with a grain of salt. MOO
DM is known for their dodgy practices, but this is most likely true. Their failures are mostly related to politics and propaganda and big time. With regards to criminal affairs they are mostly correct.

Thanks @sds71 From your link:

Bolger, 33, who has been an Associate Professor at DeSales for the past eight years, said she taught Kohberger, 28, last year in an online class and helped him with his master's thesis project.

'He was an online student in the criminal justice master's degree program and graduated in June 2022,' said Bolger.

"'He' seemed normal to me, but then again, I only knew him from teaching him online. I didn't know anything personal about him. I believe he worked full-time like most of our graduate students do.'

She said she only taught him one class but called him a 'great writer and a 'brilliant student.'

'He was always perfectly professional when I had any interactions with him. In my 10 years of teaching, I've only recommended two students to a PhD program and he was one of them. He was one of my best students – ever. Everyone is in shock over this.'"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member