ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my limited experience with air service, When you call to schedule a flight the air travel company will schedule you on the cheapest or most available flight from your departure point to one of the air hubs that has the cheapest regional flight to your destination. Pullman Apt has regional flight from Seattle Setac only.
Salt lake City has two flights a day to lewiston, Id from SLC. Lewiston is about 25 miles south of Moscow. Pullman is 10 miles west. The report said Papa flew to ID, so Lewiston.

I think the suspect wants LE to think there's an accomplice.
“Was anyone else arrested?”
No doubt he planted some evidence at the house implicating someone else in such an impossibly brilliant way (in his mind) that he just had to confirm with LE right away that his strategy worked, imo, like “Hey! Did you guys find my clue? You got the other guy, right? Pretty smart of me, huh?”
Edit for clarity

Wasn't his father present when he was arrested? If the parents knew nothing there could not have been proof that they were involved.
How can they prove the parents knew? BK wasn't wanted until they arrested him.

Believe it or not some people still wear that type of glove because of Covid. Not that often, but I live in PA and I’ve seen people wearing them
Yes. Agree. A good chunk of people are still masking and gloving, here. PA is ranked pretty high statistically of an elderly population compared to other states. Maybe that's why?

(Side note .. I'd be shocked if he carried out this crime with those type of gloves...but wearing them while shopping, etc would be really stand out here. But those gloves would not be conducive to the job in Idaho. Ugh. )

Last edited:
We're more familiar with genealogical DNA being used with cold cases. If that type of DNA investigation was done with the DNA at the crime scene, it seems like a new application of the investigative tool - one that has caused concern for privacy watchdogs in the past.

"Genetic genealogy techniques were used to connect Kohberger to unidentified DNA evidence, another source with knowledge of the case tells CNN. The DNA was run through a public database to find potential family member matches, and subsequent investigative work by law enforcement led to him as the suspect, the source said."

CNN
I read they collected a DNA sample from BK as soon as he was booked.

Yet, you pose a good question about it's use in solving a current crime. Will the DA still need to prove the genetic DNA match was a correct match? Will they need to collect a new DNA sample from the distant relative to prove there wasn't a lab error along the way?

Or is it enough to use his current sample? Are there any current trials using genetic DNA? tia

My thought is that he might have told his parents he needed a better winter-hardy car, and maybe planned to ask parents to sell it and help him buy something else. In any case I agree the Elantra would not have returned to WA.

BK also might have told dad the car wasn't running great, as an ostensible reason for wanting dad on the drive with him.

Or, maybe Dad had suspicions and persuaded/insisted on coming along, not telling BK that though.

I do hope it all comes out at trial.

The person I knew who fit a similar stereotype and did murder a woman years after I knew him, ended up killing himself in jail before his trial had started. I do worry that BK might do the same. I suspect my former friend might have committed earlier crimes, maybe even murders but no one is looking into it because he is dead (and it happened in such a small town that there was virtually no media coverage). If BK committed previous murders I would like it to be discovered. MOO
hes from the Poconos so driving in snow isn't his problem. His personality prolly changed drastically on Dec 7th. It's possible he tells his parents hes not returning in the spring. His dad worried comes out to visit him. moo

No doubt he planted some evidence at the house in such an impossibly brilliant way (in his mind) that he just had to confirm with LE right away that his strategy worked, imo, like “Hey! Did you guys find my clue? You got the other guy, right? Pretty smart of me, huh?”
It's certainly possible. We can only speculate at this stage since LE are rightly withholding information but that response -- and the fact it was made public -- strongly suggests the suspect had an agenda. Maybe it's just me but it almost sounds choreographed. If he does indeed turn out to be the killer, that scripted reaction will go down in criminal history as a classic case of being "too clever by half."

For those who think knowledge about the murders was local, the story was on Canadian news, including details about the arrest. This was an international news story, so people who watch or listen to news across the USA should have known about the murders, the search for the car and the arrest.

Lots of people read the news' headlines, but don't pay to the details. For example, my spouse would know vague, general headline information about this case, such as a murder took place of college students, then a grad student was arrested, but know nothing about a search for a car. It's not the level of detail that he would pay attention to from reading the news online.

Wasn't his father present when he was arrested? If the parents knew nothing there could not have been proof that they were involved.

I have not been arrested in my life. Yet.

However in cases like this, would LE informs the arrestee that the car will be taken for forensics examination or that the car is being arrested, too?

So, if one of the parents is the owner of that car, then BK may thought that parent was also being arrested, hence the question.

No doubt he planted some evidence at the house implicating someone else in such an impossibly brilliant way (in his mind) that he just had to confirm with LE right away that his strategy worked, imo, like “Hey! Did you guys find my clue? You got the other guy, right? Pretty smart of me, huh?”
Edit for clarity
I'm onboard with this. I can see him collecting dirty towels from his gym, etc for just this purpose.

I am very local to the PA portion of this case. I am also a crime junkie. So,
when this news broke, a local popular freelance guy was getting live footage of the SWAT team going into the home in Albrightsville and was reporting that a suspect was arrested in the early morning hours in Scranton. The comments on his life stream consisted of at least 50 percent of the people (my estimation and observation) who never heard of this case, and another large portion who heard of it but certainty didn't know the details. It was a very small percentage that KNEW the case. Very few people in PA would be looking for a car of the Elantra's description.

Imho
Can you tell us the name of the reporter?

I know it's probably insignificant, but I'm irked by the multiple MSM reports (the ones I've seen were from CNN) quoting LaBar as saying BK's dad flew out "to Idaho" and the two of them drove "from Idaho" back to Pennsylvania.

BK lived in Washington, not Idaho. Of course Pullman is very close to the border, and the crimes were committed in Idaho, so this is an understandable goof and it could have been a CNN journalist's mistake just as easily as a LaBar mistake, but in an important legal case all details matter, so, argh. MOO
Could be why CNN has the lowest ratings.

Good point and evals aren't due until the end of the semester so maybe he was anticipating losing the TA position if his evals were deeply negative.
I don't think he would lose his TA position the first semester of his program, but he would likely receive some mentoring/coaching and possibly work with the university's Center for Teaching and Learning. Before the grades are posted, it's possible that the professor who taught the course reviewed the grading and made some adjustments, if the grades were inappropriate as determined by the professor of record or the department chair.

This is not uncommon with first semester TA's/GA's and there are ways that departments address it.

This information is going to be helpful to the defense - random folks gaining easy access to the interior of the house during a party. Praying the DNA connected to BK is someplace a random visitor to the house would not be.
I would guess it was in a specific location (i.e under fingernails of victim) instead of other places. There is probably DNA from over 100 people in that house if reports of it being a party house are true.

The "report" that is the source of this entire article is from some unnamed supposed friend of a supposed cop who supposedly was on surveillance duty, keeping tabs on BK in Pennsylvania, for a couple days, who supposedly told the poster, who posted it to social media. I wouldn't bet a dollar on the truth in any of this. JMO
I know.
:0(
However, we've said this before and then we find out 90% of it was true.

Oh no... ETA: If valid information,

A worst nightmare if he actively stalked them all. So awful. So tragic. So scary. So cruel.

"Bryan Kohberger was often in the same location as Kaylee Goncalves, Madison Mogen, Xana Kernodle and Ethan Chapin before he allegedly stabbed them to death.

“He followed him into a Giant [Pennsylvania grocery store chain] and wore gloves the entire time,” the source reportedly said of his investigator pal.

“Not sure if they ever interacted – but his cell phone pings followed their every move for weeks,” the source reportedly said of Kohberger’s alleged stalking.
"

Bryan Kohberger stalked Idaho victims before murders, wore gloves in grocery store weeks afterward: report

Last edited:
Dec 13th

An overnight assistant manager at the gas station told Fox News she’s been analyzing the tapes during her downtime and claims she saw a white sedan whiz by around 3:45 a.m. Nov. 13.

The employee, who requested her name be withheld for her safety while the killer or killers remain on the loose, said on Monday night she spotted the car and emailed a screenshot to a police tip address.

“I had a weird feeling to go get on the cameras,” the clerk, who was not working the night of the murders, told Fox.

She said the car was driving fast down Highway 8 before turning onto a side street.

This gas station is at 802 troy rd.

Eta 5 minutes from king rd address.

In my limited experience with air service, When you call to schedule a flight the air travel company will schedule you on the cheapest or most available flight from your departure point to one of the air hubs that has the cheapest regional flight to your destination. Pullman Apt has regional flight from Seattle Setac only.
Salt lake City has two flights a day to lewiston, Id from SLC. Lewiston is about 25 miles south of Moscow. Pullman is 10 miles west. The report said Papa flew to ID, so Lewiston.
Alaska Airlines flies from Pullman, Wa to Portland, Oregon daily. It’s not a hard town to fly in and out. I attended WSU and flew back and forth from my home to Pullman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl