ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose it would be wishful thinking to hope his DNA was at one time entered into a database and he subsequently left DNA at the scene.
I find this one of the most uncomfortable aspects about this case - he probably was not identified because his DNA was on an official database, but because his DNA was linked in his family tree using geneology. Uncomfortable because DNA is no longer a matter of your own consent. However, for identifying criminals, that is a good thing. For society at large, hmm.

Just thinking. We heard from one aunt, right? For all we know, it was a phase he went through. We've all been speculating he is vegan based on one remark. He may be, he may not be. JMO

If I'm missing confirmation that he is, so sorry. :)
Also, the aunt said that it was four years ago. So who knows if that is still the case.

Do we know what day his dad flew from PA?
Again, I'm sure police and FBI have those details but I haven't seen any media reports indicating specific dates. I honestly don't even know the date the suspect and his father departed from Pullman, let alone the date his father arrived in town. If anyone has those travel details, please post a link.

Few years ago hubby & I took turns and drove from Oklahoma city to baltimore area straight through except for gas carryout, over 1300 miles, 23 1/2 hours, I can understand having his dad to share driving.

Jmo
Yes, having his Dad to share driving is a good point. They could make the trip faster. BK probably felt, IMO, it would be risky to stop at motels etc, and have to give vehicle information and what not, nor could he simply feel safe pulling over at a public rest stop. Further, as I said before, I don't believe he ever planned on driving back to Pullman. I think he wanted to leave the vehicle clear across the country at his parents' residence, out of sight. IMO

I find this one of the most uncomfortable aspects about this case - he probably was not identified because his DNA was on an official database, but because his DNA was linked in his family tree using geneology. Uncomfortable because DNA is no longer a matter of your own consent. However, for identifying criminals, that is a good thing. For society at large, hmm.

I figure they got parental DNA from their trash. Simple. Less than a day to run against his and have certainty.

He's been described as a genius who thinks he's brighter than his peers and studied Psychology , so yes, you'd think so

It will take a while, but hopefully if/when we get some fuller detail of his post-crime behaviour we'll get a better picture of just how devious he is. Or whether he's really not very smart.

It struck me that the neighbour who complained about his noise ( cleaning & vacuuming noises 1-2am ) might have been hearing him attempt to do a thorough clean of his apartment. She said the late night noises stopped 3 weeks ago.

However, considering that he's left DNA at the crime scene, is it really likely that he's managed to scrub every trace of digital evidence from, eg. the hard drive which was just taken out of his apartment? From his office laptops, his phone? From the car? Did he cover those modules when he was at DeSales University?

Did he purchase forensic supplies from a commercial, online supplier for physical clean-up of the car and do a professional job?

My hunch is no, he's not actually very smart but likes to perform an appearance of being smart.

' That continued at Pennsylvania's Northampton Community College, according to one of Kohberger's friends, who requested to remain anonymous because of her job.
"He's really, really intelligent. A bright kid . . . someone who stood out even in honors and high-level classes,"

........an intellectual who "was very interested in the way the mind works"

quotes from this link:

Interesting insight by his friend from CC. She did not think he could be violent. Previously his schoolmates from HS mentioned his anger issues and getting into fights with other students.

Fox News has been covering the case, relentlessly.

So if people watch Fox and CNN, they would likely have heard about this case, but still may not have paid attention to many of the details, just the headlines on the news sites or quick mention on the television news.
News Nation covers it nightly.

IMO, no he never intended to take the white Elantra back to Pullman WA. To drive from Monroe County PA (his parent's home) to Pullman Washington in January would be quite a journey. About 2,500 miles est at 37 hours driving time in perfect conditions. There is a high probability of major winter storms along much of the route as well as some mountain driving. Some great ski country in Montana and Wyoming though!

USA map at link. Washington is in top NW corner of the US. Red marker is where his parent's home is located in Pennsylvania.

JMO
I’d be curious when this road trip took place. Horrible weather at times and I94 ND closed at one point.

<modsnip - quoted post was rumor>

I've heard a lot of speculation of unidentified (formerly in the former case) criminals like Bridge Guy and LISK dorking around on this website, looking at their own threads.

BK seems to be that type of guy right off the bat. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he was looking at threads #1-#35ish on this website.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member