ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he was driving back to PA during the break so that he could get rid of the car. I do think he planned to go back to continue his studies. He could walk to classes since he lived in an on-campus apartment, and eventually get another car. JMO.
Yes...leave the car at home in PA...fly back to school. Tell mom and dad he is creeped out about having a white Elantra just like the one wanted in the murders.

I think many people comingle or even confuse emotional intelligence(EQ) with IQ. From what his professors say it seems his IQ is quite high but from what his peers indicate the EQ was perhaps quite low. JMO

They divide into IQ, SQ (social intelligence), EQ (emotional intelligence), and even RQ (resilience intelligence). Everything except for IQ is a misnomer but stuck. I would assume his SQ was low. This being said, all tests trying to determine SQ have been superficial. It is darn difficult to understand what makes people liked and accepted. RQ BK might have; remains to be seen.

T
Remember, we have no confirmation he’s a vegan. Random people saying things doesn’t make it true.
Thank you for saying that!! The focus on veganism has been driving me nuts. Even if the ex-aunt was correct at the time, who knows if he maintained the lifestyle. I know multiple hard core vegans who ultimately settled on a less restrictive diet.
I think the statement from his parents was pretty good considering. I’m hoping the DNA was under a fingernail though.

I don't believe BK EVER intended to drive the Hyundai back to Pullman. IMO he wanted that vehicle clear across the country and in his parents' garage, or somewhere out of sight. Afterall, the vehicle wasn't even registered to him so he could leave it in PA and fly back to Pullman and in HIS mind he is the cleverest of all criminals. IMO
I don't think we have evidence of what he intended to do, but I agree that does make sense. But his father apparently stated during their conversation that he would be driving it back which, IMHO, shoots down the theory that Dad flew out because he was afraid for BK to drive across country alone.

1. Do we have a stand alone thread for court filings?
2. There was another court document I saw yesterday -- I think it had the affidavit from the arresting PA officers attached to it. I can only find the docket sheet now. Does anybody remember seeing the other one?

Why are so many obsessed with debating this guys intelligence? Most people following this case didn't even know he existed until 2 days ago. No one can say one way or the other. And honestly, it's not something that should even be contemplated without actually knowing the guy personally and frankly not important whatsoever. Either way he got himself caught and his intelligence is irrelevant now.
It's true we haven't known his identity until recently, but as a true crime community, we've been discussing the killer's likely intelligence or lack therof for a month and a half.

When the police (rightly IMO) withheld all evidence except about the Elantra, we hypothesized that it was a very clever person who could kill four individuals in two rooms without leaving evidence behind.

Now we know who the culprit is, and we hear from his colleagues and professors that he was so, so brilliant, although he was a difficult character.

That leaves many of us speculating that if he is a criminologist, a PhD. candidate, what mistake did he make that led to him?

Eventually we find out that his Master's thesis seems very substandard, incomplete, done online, and done too late in the semester.

IMO it is worth a discussion, because if he were ACTUALLY brilliant, this may have become a perfect crime. I'm elated he's not as brilliant as claimed, or this would be a cold case for future generations of LE to pull out of a cardboard box in Idaho.

Jmo

1. Do we have a stand alone thread for court filings?
2. There was another court document I saw yesterday -- I think it had the affidavit from the arresting PA officers attached to it. I can only find the docket sheet now. Does anybody remember seeing the other one?
Would you post a link to the docket?

Thanks

I thought this was interesting. I wonder if KB had any inkling that teams of LE were following him home to PA. It may be a little long but I wanted to keep the quotes intact.

Appearing on CNN on Saturday, Andrew McCabe, who served as a deputy director for the FBI from 2016 to 2018, explained how agents were able to delicately surveil the suspect over the past several weeks. As he explained, Kohberger was on the "radar" of investigators before he left Idaho for Pennsylvania, allowing agents to track him from the beginning.

"It's an incredibly complicated, well-choreographed ballet, if I may, of surveillance efforts that would cross multiple FBI field divisions," McCabe said. "Would involve multiple surveillance teams who were following him in certain areas and handing him off to new teams."

McCabe also explained that, once in Pennsylvania, the surveillance efforts surrounding Kohberger needed further care and finesse, so as not to stand out to residents, a common issue agents face in rural areas such as this one.

"That surveillance ends up in Pennsylvania, what we know as a very rural area," he added. "It can be very challenging to surveil someone in those circumstances because any kind of vehicles or people that aren't normally from that area, really stand out to the local population and, of course, to the subject. So, great job by the FBI surveillance teams here to be able to maintain an eye on this subject while the investigators and prosecutors were working back in Idaho. They get their probable cause, and get in front of a judge and get an arrest warrant."

This is BS in MO.

Too many coincidences. This person's cousins went to school with him. They live in same town as sister AND a friend of theirs was a cop following him.

I don't think local LE are assigned those tasks anyway. It would've been FBI agents.

I think local LE were busy with the bad weather.
Why is this so unbelievable??? These are families of residents of the area and could naturally overlap and find themselves in or almost in the middle of something that turns national. I believe local plains clothed LE could assist and do. The perp is human, the victim is human and interact with or know other humans every day.

On Saturday June 12, 2016, Omar Mateen a 29-year-old man, killed 49 people and wounded 53 more in a mass shooting at Pulse, a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida. Omar, who worked for a private security firm had been employed for 7 years. He had a gun permit, an active security officer license, passed two employment screenings, and had no prior arrests. The day of the shooting he drove a rented van to work, telling co-workers that his own car was being serviced. He completed his shift at 2pm. He was described by residents in the gated community where he currently worked as a nice, friendly and helpful guy.

I lived less than a half-mile from the gate in that community. Omar was one of our guards. My husband and I often interacted with Omar, we knew him by name as he did our name. While walking our dog, he would stop on patrol and talk to me. He was a kind, soft spoken young man. He stopped one day while patrolling and helped my husband remove a large area rug from our SUV and then helped take it into our house. We were shocked the morning we heard that he was the shooter in Orlando.

I’ve taught for over 30 years, background checked many times, never once have I been fingerprinted

JMO
In Virginia? I taught in private school. It was "required" but I am not sure if state requirement or just school. But I have had to do it several times over the years for different jobs.

The News Nation reporter mentions this timeline of his education
Bachelors. 2020
Masters degree May 2022

If BCK is 28, he graduated from high school on or about 2012, that is ten years ago.
What did he do at age 18-22 prior to beginning his bachelors??

JMO
Northampton Community College &
Monroe Career & Technical Institute

Kids can be mean. Still, they can also be sensitive to nonverbal cues. At what point in time do aberrant inclinations become noticeable?
You know, when I was in first grade (not joking) we had 2 extremely disturbed and violent children in our class. You wanna talk about a class full of traumatized 6 year olds? We were regularly told to run out into the hallway for our safety.

The News Nation reporter mentions this timeline of his education
Bachelors. 2020
Masters degree May 2022

If BCK is 28, he graduated from high school on or about 2012, that is ten years ago.
What did he do at age 18-22 prior to beginning his bachelors??

JMO
"Kohberger also graduated from Northampton Community College in Pennsylvania with an associate of arts degree in psychology in 2018, said college spokesperson Mia Rossi-Marino. DeSales University in Pennsylvania also said that he received a bachelor’s degree in 2020 and completed graduate studies in June 2022."

It's true we haven't known his identity until recently, but as a true crime community, we've been discussing the killer's likely intelligence or lack therof for a month and a half.

When the police (rightly IMO) withheld all evidence except about the Elantra, we hypothesized that it was a very clever person who could kill four individuals in two rooms without leaving evidence behind.

Now we know who the culprit is, and we hear from his colleagues and professors that he was so, so brilliant, although he was a difficult character.

That leaves many of us speculating that if he is a criminologist, a PhD. candidate, what mistake did he make that led to him?

Eventually we find out that his Master's thesis seems very substandard, incomplete, done online, and done too late in the semester.

IMO it is worth a discussion, because if he were ACTUALLY brilliant, this may have become a perfect crime. I'm elated he's not as brilliant as claimed, or this would be a cold case for future generations of LE to pull out of a cardboard box in Idaho.

Jmo
We know who the accused is. He has the presumption of innocence: a fact that far too many are forgetting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nirvanita55