ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was working as a security guard on Dec 1 2018.

The News Nation reporter mentions this timeline of his education
Bachelors. 2020
Masters degree May 2022

If BCK is 28, he graduated from high school on or about 2012, that is ten years ago.
What did he do at age 18-22 prior to beginning his bachelors??

JMO

"Kohberger also graduated from Northampton Community College in Pennsylvania with an associate of arts degree in psychology in 2018, said college spokesperson Mia Rossi-Marino. DeSales University in Pennsylvania also said that he received a bachelor’s degree in 2020 and completed graduate studies in June 2022."

Associates 2018 psychology
Bachelors 2020
Masters 2022

Graduated from high school about 2012- If he is 28 yrs old.

What did he do for four years between high school and beginning a two year Associates?
Some reports have said trade school for HVAC? Four years is a long time

Interesting missing four years
JMO

So....she never met him in person and only had him for one online class? Doesn't sound like she knows him well at all. She's 33 and considers him to be "one of her best students ever"? Sorry, but that doesn't mean much and I'd take a statement like that one a little more seriously from someone with more teaching experience.
Shes been teaching for 10 years so I think she would have a good grasp on if a student was smart or not MOO

Why didn’t the dad just save the cost of his flight and fly BK to PA? Makes more sense, unless of course the car was the concern. What exactly did he tell his dad to get this particular scenario carried out?
I'm thinking that if he flew home that would mean he wouldn't have a car available over the winter break so that could mean his parents would have to drive him around. I don't get the feeling he has a lot of friends back home he could get rides from and renting a car these days is super expensive. Maybe that's the reason the dad agreed to drive the car home with him. BUT...was the dad also going to drive the car back to school with him in January and then fly home again? I don't think they have a lot of money (if the bankruptcies are true) so that doesn't make financial sense. In my mind, the possible reasons (PURE SPECULATION AHEAD):

- BK knew he wasn't gonna be going back to school and/or expected to be arrested along the drive?
- BK was using drugs and Dad was worried about him driving?
- BK told him something is wrong with the car and it might not be safe to drive it that far?

What I wonder is whether this is the usual way he gets back and forth from school with his car? If it is not the norm than I would say it's one of the above. MOO

Could you expand on this? What exactly do you think it says about the family dynamic? My 32 year old brother lives in Los Angeles. A couple of years ago he flew home to Michigan to pick up a car he had stored at our parents house. When it was time for my brother to return home, our father drove to L.A. with him and then flew home. He chose to do that because he loves his son and they wanted to spend time together. IMO what speaks volumes is someone seeing malevolence in a father accompanying his son on a trip across country.
Did your brother ASK your father to accompany him, or did your father want to do so...maybe to spend more time with him. Now, I admit, we don't know what occurred in this case, but ...MOO...I don't think the father took the initiative to fly and drive back with BK just to spend *quality* time with him. That's where I was coming from (BK *calling the shots*). If I'm wrong on that assumption, then your point is well taken.

In Pennsylvania the fbi fingerprint clearance is a prerequisite to work minor children in any way. For any schools, volunteer organizations, even parent volunteers at schools etc.
There may be policy where prints taken for employment are not stored in a criminal database or even stored at all.

JMO... I can imagine a situation wherein BK compulsively and repeatedly drove around Greek Row/other areas of Moscow and Pullman, fantasizing about committing the "perfect crime." He begins to notice frequent parties at the King St. house, and maybe begins watching the tenants partying in the kitchen/living room areas through the uncovered second story windows. He notices that the house is mostly filled with women--women similar to the ones who rejected him--and starts to obsess over how he would commit a crime there. He looks at Zillow, but never knows who exactly the tenants are, but it doesn't matter because his mind is made up that these are not people, but "deserving" targets. Eventually, the compulsive thoughts turn to action and he begins planning while still frequently driving by the house. On the night of the murder, he watches from somewhere somewhat removed in his car until all of the lights are out, and takes action. He didn't anticipate both rooms he entered to have two occupants, and didn't expect a man, which led to a panic, making him leave earlier than expected, which spared the downstairs roommates.
I’ve thought this also. It makes me wonder even more now if possibly he was already in the house hidden and waiting rather than entering after all roommates were home and asleep for the night? Absolutely frightening!

I see it completely different! If my adult son Was driving cross country and I had the ability to get off work, I’d do it in a heartbeat. Road trip! The best conversations I have with my kids are on long drives. You have their undivided attention. Even though he’s a full adult, dad could have enjoyed him as a person. I guess I’m the odd person out here, because my experience with my inner circle of friends,family is the same. We enjoy time with our “kids” and would make an oppty like this an experience. Or maybe it was going to be less expensive to drive, but car was having issues so dad offered to drive with him in case it broke down. They did take it to be serviced when they arrived in PA.
Please read my recent post on this subject.

I’m not sure he’s capable of roughing it or even has the mental stamina to make it through a few days.

MOO

But he might be capable of finding people in isolated homes and holding them hostage.

They will be very careful with this guy. Leticia Stauch attempted to escape during her extradition and actually injured a LEO. It was not a serious injury, but still.

Perhaps X or M was his main target, or even both of them. E&K were possibly collateral damage. Will be interesting to see if we get any info on that at some point though.
IF KG was his target and he was stalking her, it would not take too much effort to find out that X and M were KG's roommates and go from there. If X and M ever treated him badly at the restaurant, then they had to go too, E was collateral damage.

LE had killer DNA from the crime scene

If they used genetic genealogy techniques and a database and found ’match’ that isn‘t a match to a person- it is a match to a genetic line of people which could include thousands

This, his residence location, his car, and his study in school could have supported a warrant to follow him and collect his DNA from trash

BCK DNA then was run in comparison with DNA of killer from the crime scene = 100% match

JMO

It was not only DNA match to a genetic line they followed. LE were tipped about the car, too. And this excelerated the search significantly.

Lets see the time line, I think it will help to understand what happened and how they got him.

Some dates are not precise, there is an element of guess based on information available at this moment

On 13th of November victims were found killed.

13-15 Nov DNA samples taken from the crime scene and sent to lab for testing;

Around 1st of Dec lab tests starting coming back, we do not know in what order,

let's say around 6-7 of December unidentified DNAs (presumably there were more than 1 unidentified DNA) from the crime scene were detected; delayed reporting because they had to test them more than once before deciding there are no match with victims nor to anyone from their inner circle.

7th Dec - first appeal for the white car

16th Dec BK and his Father arrived at PA and took the car for servicing, confirmed by the mechanic at the garage;

Now, let do some maths in reverse order:

Trip from WA to PA - 2500 miles - took circa 3 days.

So, it is safe to assume that the father and son departed from Pullman on 13th of Dec.

We know that LE/FBI were following them during the trip, meaning that BK was already a POI prior embarking on the trip.

So, it is safe to assume that between 8th of Dec ( the day after the first appeal about white car) and 12th of Dec (BK becomes POI) LE received a tip about BK car and checked where the car was registered, who was the owner, verified this is similar to the car they have been looking for from images and video taken by various cameras en-route to 1122; jmoo that LE had at least a part of numbers/letters of the regisration plate of the car and that part matched the BK car plate.

So, on or around 12th of December BK was already a POI.

Whilst FBI was following BK to his trip to PA, LE excelerated genealogy DNA darabase checks, but as they had the surname of their suspect, the search by surname was much faster, as Kohberger is not very common surname.

They selected all Kohbergers from the database and, most likely than not, ooked also for car registration address match, which may narrowed the searched results even further,

Extracted few database records from genealogy DB in a matter of few days to find the DNA match with KB relative.

So, this explains why DNA match to KB relative was found relatively quickly.

I am sure they also checked other unidentified DNAs from the crime scene, to eliminate any errors, which took few more days as they did not have surnames.

I would say, around 23rd of December LE was confident BK is their man.

Last edited:
You know, when I was in first grade (not joking) we had 2 extremely disturbed and violent children in our class. You wanna talk about a class full of traumatized 6 year olds? We were regularly told to run out into the hallway for our safety.
I can only imagine how traumatic that can be. It's not as uncommon as many people think. If you work in the mental health field, you find there are very young children who have very serious disturbances. It's troubling and sad.

Speculation on my part, OPINION ONLY:

We know at least 1 possibly 2 have defensive wounds.

Some on here including myself were thinking that he maybe cut himself. Others here who know this style of knife sorta ruled that out after explaining the design and purpose etc about that style of knife.

ME, JUST THINKING OUT LOUD HERE:

Maybe during the struggle he was struck in the nose by a fist or elbow or possibly the back of one of their heads if he tried to grab them from behind resulting in a bloody nose?

We have no 100% facts about any struggle per se therefore all speculation on my part as to what MIGHT have happened. I’m not saying a broken nose, I think that might have been noticed even with his already existing deviation.

If you don’t agree I don’t need to know why. Just scroll on by
he did not shave his head
not sure if or how carefully he might have covered it ; some people have a lot of body hair

Idaho 'killer's' criminology professor says he was a brilliant student

So....she never met him in person and only had him for one online class? Doesn't sound like she knows him well at all. She's 33 and considers him to be "one of her best students ever"? Sorry, but that doesn't mean much and I'd take a statement like that one a little more seriously from someone with more teaching experience.

Shes been teaching for 10 years so I think she would have a good grasp on if a student was smart or not MOO

I'm going to go with @KR72 here.

A classroom is a living organism. Teachers are trained in interpersonal interactions with all students. There is so much more that one can know about a student in person than when they are remote and alone, without a student body with whom they interact.

Eye contact, which student chooses to sit with another student, do they participate in class, are they shy, are their hands inside the desks (in the olden days that meant playing with a GameBoy; in the latter days it was cell phones), are they sensitive to constructive criticism, do they thrive on positive reinforcement, do they try to cheat, are they the type to tell on each other, do they want to be the teacher's pet or do they want to be invisible, who likes to sit in front and who wants to be in the back, and maybe a thousand other things that help you to understand a student's personality.

None of which, IMO, can be gleaned by one student, isolated from peers, in a remote setting where the teacher cannot see beyond the frame.

IMO and experience after 25 years of teaching.

Perhaps. It seems to me to be a very calculated "public relations" response, almost as though he was accussed of stealing an apple from a garden, and the whole thing was a terrible mistake that could be ironed out in the wash. It sounds to me like an attempt to minimise his (alleged) offending and to control the public narrative. I believe his extradiction lawyer is currently his only outlet / mouthpiece and that another person in a similar predicament, including if the case against him/her was in fact a mistake, perhaps wouldn't pass any public comment whatsoever.
Maybe he thinks he will get to help LE solve the case and find the "real" killer? Arrogance knows no bounds.

JMO

Why didn’t the dad just save the cost of his flight and fly BK to PA? Makes more sense, unless of course the car was the concern. What exactly did he tell his dad to get this particular scenario carried out?
BINGO. Dollars to doughnuts he *talked* his father into accompanying back...I don't think that was the father's intention at first. MOO

thanks.

just read it

looks like the only ' source' for this news item from Daily Mail is a screen grab from Facebook where the name of the account holder is omitted.

This is all there is:
View attachment 391478
Anybody know if this source is real or verified elsewhere, such as another msm source?
How would a cop local to PA know that the victims had been stalked for weeks or know the forensics evidence from BK's own cell phone?
I don't find it hard to believe that a local cop knows these things or since following the case like we are it my have been just additional info this source added to the real experience of being local and who knew what and when. Does this really matter???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth