ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can’t imagine that his dad did not, at least a little, have a small voice in the back of his mind saying “My son was close to this murder geographically and drives a white Hyundai. I wonder if….?”
I’m halfway across the country and I know it entered my mind about every person here I knew with a white Hyundai that had no connection with Idaho.
And the dad knew him. I bet it at least entered the dads mind, even if he dismissed it.
Someone around him had to put this together.

I have ALWAYS been fingerprinted every place I taught for K-12, but not at the college level when I taught there. Including in Texas, but some K-12 older teachers were grandfathered in and didn't have to be fingerprinted. I believe it is more common now for K-12 but I have not heard of it at the college/uni levels yet unless the research requires a secret clearance from the gov. I'd be surprised if it was required for the TAs. Just My Experience
It's definitely a requirement in PA. I'm not sure when it began, but I had to supply fingerprints (among other things) to work in an educational setting and even a special needs adults setting.
Back when I was in college and starting an unpaid internship for my coursework and major requirements, I was fingerprinted and a background check performed. That was in 05? Just sounds like each state does things a bit differently. I'm in NY. I was going to be working with adults with developmental disabilities.

It is likely PD were juggling a handful of POI for some time
As they gained info to eliminate all of the others he was coming forward as more serious
And then he ran- left Pullman and drove across country- a bit sus? Not in and of itself, but if his leaving followed a particular release of info to the public- Yes.
Why did he wait to leave WA for PA on the 19 or 20 if exams ended Fri 12/16/22 ??
If he planned to drive- why not leave on the 16th?

JMO
When did they pull in more FBI? I think that is when they had him.

Some interesting stuff here.

Says cell phone data shows he stalked the victims for quite a while prior to the murder.

Post murders wore gloves in grocery stores(to potentially not leave finger prints?) IMO, could also relate to the alleged OCD speculations as well, who knows. But interesting nonetheless.

Gloves.

If this is true I think the gloves were nitrile/latex, that is why it was odd, not winter gloves.

Jmo

Not sure where these "reporters" get their info, but BK was seen wearing gloves after the attack (as to not leave his fingerprints anywhere) and his cell phone was known to "ping" around the victims a lot before the attack.

I think it’s becoming more and more clear that LE was likely playing mind games with BK. Seems like the sort of thing an FBI profiler would carefully guide after they learned who he was and what he was about.

I think LE purposely misidentified the car as a 2013. Knowing that the nuances between that and the 2015 model would not be appreciated by most people. And that the public would still submit tips of any and all white Elantras. I think this purposeful misidentification with no attempt to educate the public on the differences is represented in their choice to put out a stock photo instead of an actual still from the video(s).

The reason for this misidentification? To put BK at ease. I still believe that he had been identified by LE within the first 2 weeks of the investigation from his license plate. And they dug through his life and released the Elantra flyer while waiting for the DNA to come back. There was hope that the flyer would illicit tips connecting BK to the crime without having tk mention his name and/or baiting him to come forward to clear his name under the guise of offering LE help. Getting closer to the investigation. As the profiler likely informed police he might.

The subsequent “22,000” Elantra’s press release always seemed oddly specific to me. As if it was carefully crafted. I think this was also done to put BK at ease and feed his ego. “LE is looking for 22,000 2013 Hyunda Elantras! Mine isn’t in that bunch”. I also suspect another reason they went with a stock photo is that they likely had identifying features or a plate that would have given away that they were on to him.

Why didn’t they want to spook BK? It’s not everyday you have a quadruple homicide suspect in your sights but don’t have enough to confidently arrest him considering circumstances. So they were buying time. I believe at this point they likely had cell phone info, his utility usage at his apartment that night, videos and other evidence putting him out of his house and near or at the crime scene. But how can they be confident with unknown DNA still floating around? So again, they bought time. To make sure the DNA (likely waiting on familial, this wait can be unpredictable) backed up their evidence before making an arrest. As the entire world was watching.
Excellent insight!

Why didn’t the dad just save the cost of his flight and fly BK to PA? Makes more sense, unless of course the car was the concern. What exactly did he tell his dad to get this particular scenario carried out?
MOO—That would have made the most sense, so I’m thinking he was getting desperate to get that car as far away from Moscow/Pullman as possible. I bet there will be a significant correlation in the timeline of —

1. (a) when LE first mentioned the White Elantra; (b) the rapidity with which the Elantra became a major focus; AND

2. (a) dates the suspect began actively preparing to get the heck out of dodge (calls to father, when flight was booked); and (b) date they left WA.

It might also provide some insight into the suspect’s state of mind over the weeks after the murders. At this time, I think he prob was very concerned about getting caught, and maybe even getting paranoid and sensing that they were closing in on him. That would certainly explain some of what’s been said and/or suggested about him being tired, distracted, on edge, and such.

As I write this, I can’t help but wonder if this was the part that he had not fully contemplated or that he entirely misjudged. Did he ask himself, “How am I going to feel/think/behave 4, 5, 6 weeks out, still right here where I committed these atrocities, especially if LE releases any information that points to me?” I don’t know how a person who commits a quadruple homicide can rationally anticipate what his state of mind will be in the days and weeks after the crimes.

All MOO and sort of thinking out loud.

Yah .. I'm thinking he thinks he's smarter than LE (Ted Bundy type) - AND you have to remember, his lawyer is gonna talk tough. This is a big payday for his lawyer.
That lawyer hasn't said anything that isn't to be expected. He has admitted that he is only doing a small bit so doesn't really know all of the details of the case. Saying that the client hopes to get this settled isn't any surprise. And if he is a PD, it doesn't matter what kind of case it is. His payday isn't increasing any.

Not sure where these "reporters" get their info, but BK was seen wearing gloves after the attack (as to not leave his fingerprints anywhere) and his cell phone was known to "ping" around the victims a lot before the attack.

The NYP got the story from the DM, the DM got it from a screenshot of a Facebook comment

If you are in Texas, the requirement seems to vary by the district. Our local district in DFW requires fingerprint for their background check.

I dont know if senior staff who were hired before the requirement are "grand fathered" regarding the need to provide fingerprints or not.
I volunteer for my kids' school district (different from where I teach),and I had to be fingerprinted and have the same background check to do that.

As I write this, I can’t help but wonder if this was the part that he had not fully contemplated or that he entirely misjudged. Did he ask himself, “How am I going to feel/think/behave 4, 5, 6 weeks out, still right here where I committed these atrocities, especially if LE releases any information that points to me?” I don’t know how a person who commits a quadruple homicide can rationally anticipate what his state of mind will be in the days and weeks after the crimes.
I think Dostoyevsky answered that question fairly well in Crime and Punishment.

This thread moves at the speed of light! My apologies if this report has already been posted.

BETHLEHEM, Pa. — The suspect in the killings of four University of Idaho students last month had been known to some employees at a Pennsylvania brewery to make "creepy" and inappropriate comments, the business owner said.

Since Bryan Christopher Kohberger's arrest Friday in Albrightsville, Pennsylvania, some who knew or had exchanges with the 28-year-old are now reflecting on those interactions in light of his arrest on a murder warrant in the Nov. 13 deaths of the students in Moscow, Idaho.

Jordan Serulneck, 34, the owner of Seven Sirens Brewing Company in Bethlehem, said Kohberger had gone by himself to the brewery a few times and would sit at the bar.

The exchanges at the brewery happened months ago, possibly when the suspect was a student at DeSales University in Center Valley, less than 6 miles south of Bethlehem, Serulneck said. Kohberger received his bachelor's from DeSales in 2020 and completed graduate studies there in June 2022, according to the university...

It is likely PD were juggling a handful of POI for some time
As they gained info to eliminate all of the others he was coming forward as more serious
And then he ran- left Pullman and drove across country- a bit sus? Not in and of itself, but if his leaving followed a particular release of info to the public- Yes.
Why did he wait to leave WA for PA on the 19 or 20 if exams ended Fri 12/16/22 ??
If he planned to drive- why not leave on the 16th?

JMO
As per CNN, he was already in PA on Dec. 16th. He and his father had the Elantra into a mechanic on Dec. 16th.

Also, what do you think the "was anyone else arrested" remark was? Possibly a beginning strategy to sow doubt that there was an accomplice that "really" did the murders, so that BK can walk since then a juror might believe him? That was my thought...JMO, just wondering
Yes..I found that his remark was odd within the short timeframe of his arrest. What I also find just as odd is why in the world would his question be quickly passed onto the media. BK may be thinking many moves ahead than he appears.

Can’t wait to see the loads of groupies he’ll probably attract.

I'll NEVER understand a person's attraction to a violent criminal.
The only thing I can understand is someone who knew him BEFORE the arrest and cannot believe they are capable so DENIAL and belief in their innocence, that I do understand but being attracted to a violent offender because they are violent and infamous that I will NEVER understand.
If someone is desperate to be attached to a famous/infamous person why not just stick to celebrities instead that aren't violent? Far more glamourous, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lily89