ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure his college lockers, if he has them, have been searched along with all the obvious places he might hide a large murder weapon.

He will be aware of the need to hide or get rid of it, I think it is safe to say?

So where would a criminology student who is pretty intelligent and already holding a Masters think to hide such a thing in a way he can retrieve it, in his local area in Washington?

Shall we try sleuthing it?

If we start with a google earth map of his route from his apartment to his college? some place he passes every day and continued to pass since the massacres?
9anybody know how to accomplish this feat as I am pretty clueless technically and geographi cally? Please? )

I imagine the grounds would have received a pretty thorough search.

It may be that he kept it, possibly along with other evidence of his involvement.

I also imagine LE will have checked out secure deposit boxes to check whether his name is on one..

Do feel this one would have maintained a 'treasure trove' of sorts, depending upon the meaning of the slaughter to himself.
I believe the murder weapon is long gone, but not necessary IMO to get a conviction. All LE needs is evidence that BK bought, owned or possessed a similar weapon in the recent past, which may be forthcoming.

I believe the murder weapon is long gone, but not necessary IMO to get a conviction. All LE needs is evidence that BK bought, owned or possessed a similar weapon in the recent past, which may be forthcoming.
Well, no harm searching until such a time as LE confirm that as fact. You may well be correct but still worth fresh eyes IMO

You made me laugh but I do think it says something important about BK. We can all differ in our interpretation of why daddy went to the trouble and expense of flying out to bring his youngest child home via road trip.

The dog - if connected to any evidence - would not have been meaningless. At this time, we assume his presence at the scene meant nothing in the crime. And that discussion certainly has been annoying long IMO.

Every action has a reaction. I think we're entitled to react to the holiday trip home with our own experiences & assumptions to guide us.

The fairly wide range of opinions here on the subject re: relationship dynamics, expense, car as evidence, has been useful to me.

But I get your point. These threads don't have subject headers for those who wish to opine at length on particulars so we're kinda stuck with the things we enjoy getting interrupted by the things we don't.

MOO
This is totally my own opinion/thought.
In regards to forensic evidence, the dog could play a very crucial piece of evidence.

At this point, LE needs the murder weapon. I was thinking back to a post I read on one of these sites, where the author talked about the murderer possibly stomping the knife into the ground….where it would only be found with a metal detector. There are a lot of miles between Moscow and the Poconos. Dad would be the one to say where they stopped, but with this possibility, the weapon could be right outside the house….perpendicular to the ground, under some leaves. Just wonder if they have used a metal detector in all the places he would have gone, since the murder?
Why do you believe LE "needs" the murder weapon? Just curious. I don't think they do, my personal opinion, but if you're correct, that's gonna suck because I'm willing to bet that thing is long gone.

That's interesting because neither WA or ID had that requirement when I lived up there. When did that change?
As long as my adult nieces and nephews have been driving. My husband as well and well more than 25 years ago. It often prevents people from being able to receive ability to register vehicles if the cannot pass the vehicle inspection.

I DNAbelieve the murder weapon is long gone, but not necessary IMO to get a conviction. All LE needs is evidence that BK bought, owned or possessed a similar weapon in the recent past, which may be forthcoming.
They don't even need that. Putting victims DNA in contact with his DNA and /or their DNA in his car or on anything he possessed is a good starting point.

Excellent point! I have family in Washington and Idaho and an emissions test is required for registration in both states.
Tell me your family members live in Ada or Canyon counties in Idaho without telling me :)

Only Ada & Canyon counties (in most populous parts in the southern part of the state) require emissions testing; the rest of the state doesn’t.

Vehicle Emissions

Pretty sure his college lockers, if he has them, have been searched along with all the obvious places he might hide a large murder weapon.

He will be aware of the need to hide or get rid of it, I think it is safe to say?

So where would a criminology student who is pretty intelligent and already holding a Masters think to hide such a thing in a way he can retrieve it, in his local area in Washington?

Shall we try sleuthing it?

If we start with a google earth map of his route from his apartment to his college? some place he passes every day and continued to pass since the massacres?
9anybody know how to accomplish this feat as I am pretty clueless technically and geographi cally? Please? )

Reminding me of Father Brown, "Where does a wise man hide a pebble? On the beach....Where does a wise man hide a leaf? In the forest".

So I don't know much about Kbar knives, but an intelligent man - either in a collection, or among someone's cutlery?

It's driving me crazy too. I've seen about a handful of comments mentioning the car was having problems....(mechanical issues?). I've asked for links because I haven't seen but nothing.

If anyone has a link or a direction to point in about this, please reply with it. If not, I promise to not bring up again.

Maybe the car did it?

He reported to be a late night runner. Wonder if he had caches set up where he dumped weapon and clothing right after the crimes?

Tell me your family members live in Ada or Canyon counties in Idaho without telling me :)

Only Ada & Canyon counties (in most populous parts in the southern part of the state) require emissions testing; the rest of the state doesn’t.

Vehicle Emissions
Lol and I jacked up the quote regarding Idaho emissions. Wonder why hubby got the heck out of dodge lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member